Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella News 1: December 2014 - September 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much as I would love to see them attend the Te Deum on National Day I don't think that will happen until they start attending school which I think in Monaco is at age 6, am I right? I hope I'm wrong though. It would be lovely if they even attended the last part of the service as they have done in church on the feast of St. Devote, I guess we'll just have to wait and see but those little 'royal' chairs are indeed lovely.

They'll be five very soon (can't believe it, feels like yesterday). Doesn't seem like an unsuitable day to attend the service. The twins have always been very well-behaved. Charlene and Albert are definitely doing a good job.

I don't remember seeing photos of Caroline, Albert and Stephanie at the Te Deum until they were no longer children. I could be wrong.

Anyway, I think the almost 2 hour religious service is too much to ask for 4-5 years old.

I don't think Jacques and Gabriella will be there this year. I am more than happy when they come to the balcony or Palace window.?

What a great idea to place small chairs for the kids to attend the event.

I love the idea of small chairs for the royal children - I think Sweden has the same for Estelle and Oscar whenever they are in attendance at church services.

As the mass was not televised before 2005, we could only see the photos of the family leaving the cathédrale, it is very far in the times but Caroline Albert were 7years , 8 years old
They attended the cérémonies in the honor coutyard when they were very Young

I think the twins are perhaps too Young to attend the mass, it would be fine if they would attend the ceremony in the courtyard and Jacques wearing the uniform of the carabinier as his dad did it

But it was surprising to see the little armchairs in the princely lodge, they were not present last year when I went to the cathedrale , they are beautiful

No photos this year but a cute photos
Next year , we will surely get photos, the twins will go to the primary school
Don't know where they will go , there is a big choice

Fan B like cousin Princess Alexandra
Dames de saint Maur like aunts Caroline and Stéphanie
School Saint Charles

The schoolpacks of Jacques is saying " salut' in English ' Hello'

The palace published a new video about Jacques and Gabriella going to school this Morning

Beautiful photos

There is an article in Monaco Matin who is pubiing that the twins changed of school this year, they are going in the school 'Stella' , a public school at the Condamine

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely photos from the 1st day at school and I noticed Prince Jacques was carrying a smurf figure with him.

They are little cherubs...beyond adorable!?

Thanks for the video Melina! Very nice photos published by the Palace :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacques and Gabriella are growing up so fast. I loved the photo of their little backpacks Charlene posted on her Instagram.

Lovely picture of the two backpacks indeed! Nicely done by the princess.

I think that I already wrote it some time ago, but Princess Gabriella looks like Princess Grace to me.

Yes she strongly resembles Grace, but so did Albert in his youth. His sisters favour their father.

Lovely photos of the twins, two halves of a perfect whole, surrounded by their adoring parents. :) Btw, that's great they are going to a public school this year, interesting & rare as well because more often than not the rich send their children to private schools....

It is a monegash school, there are only monegash children who are attending this school,

Last year, they attended the 'petite école', a montesoori school , there were foreign children whose parents are Russian, german, french, English it was a bi langual school, french , English

At the Stella school, it is public, there are only monegash children, they are speaking only french and are Learning English at the years of 3, they are beginning to learn the lecture, to count , the monegash language and the anthem of Monaco
If the parents want , they can learn the first religious lessons

I think it's become fairly normal now for most royal children to attend public schools - only in the UK and in Spain they still seem to attend private schools (although I think Prince Laurent's children attend a private lycee in Belgium and now Prince Gabriel at a private international school too).

I think it's become fairly normal now for most royal children to attend public schools - only in the UK and in Spain they still seem to attend private schools (although I think Prince Laurent's children attend a private lycee in Belgium and now Prince Gabriel at a private international school too).

Princess Elisabeth of Belgium now attends Atlantic College in Llantwit Major (Wales), the old school of the Dutch King. That is a private school well. But indeed, she went to a normal public school before that. Most royals indeed do, these days. Good for Jacques and Gabriella to meet other monegasques.

They are truly beautiful children ! Very nice to see these pix !

Princess Elisabeth of Belgium now attends Atlantic College in Llantwit Major (Wales), the old school of the Dutch King. That is a private school well. But indeed, she went to a normal public school before that. Most royals indeed do, these days. Good for Jacques and Gabriella to meet other monegasques.

Most start out in public school when young yes. But many end up attending private schools when older. We will have to see if the twins remain in public school for their education. Some of their cousins attended public nursery and then went on to private.

There are certainly royals in this generation who have gone to private school not just among the Brits. Private and boarding schools though are seen in different ways in some countries.

While Fred and Mary sent their kids to public, Joachim's have gone private. Estelle attends a charter school (technically open to all but known for its very wealthy backgrounds).

But Prince Albert attended a public high school, Lycee Albert Premier. Charlene went to a semi-private school. This may influence their choices as well. Though most royals last generation went private school and their kids are a mix, so we will have to wait and see here.

Public schools they may be but they are in very wealthy neighborhoods with the best resources and teachers.I don’t imagine many Royal children study with an plumbers or Grocery stockers kids.

I am delighted that in addition to French and English, the twins will be able to speak the Monagasque dialect.;)

@Countessmeout: what is your source stating that P Charlene attended a semipublic school?

I too like the idea that the twins attend a public school where they learn Monegasque language and culture and befriend the Monegasque children.

Prince Albert attended a public high school , lycée Albert 1er and his sisters Princess Caroline and princess Stéphanie attended the prival school and private collège 'les Dames de saint Maur'

I think choose a private or a public school is not the matter, the important thing is what is learned in a school or in a high school,

Do we know if the twins are already bilingual? I would assume that they are.

Do we know if the twins are already bilingual? I would assume that they are.

In Belgium the children of the King went to Dutch-speaking schools but at home French was the language. By doing so the children became bilingual.

When the children of the Prince of Monaco go to a French-speaking school but speak English at home, they will become bilingual too.

It seems in Denmark (French) and in the Netherlands (Spanish and German) is used at home. After all the Danish princes simply have French family. The Dutch princesses simply have Argentinean and German family. They automatically learn it. The continental royal families are polyglots and especially children pick up a language relatively easy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom