Prince Albert's Older Children Part 1: 2009 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice that her young sister has a similar hair color and texture. It will be interesting to see if there are other similarities, disregarding the features that are obviously inherited from the mothers.

I like the photo of Jazmin and Pauline from Pauline's Instagram. Their smiles and jawlines appear so similar. They do look like cousins. The noses and hair being the obvious difference. I do not know rules about linking with Instagram accounts.

I forget that Prince Albert had the blond curly hair. I think she resembles her father more than I thought.

Grace & Family : Photo

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, the clothes are... young :)

The young woman herself is adorable. I can't see any similarity to her beautiful European relatives, but she has a beauty of her own.

The couple seems to have fun.
Stripy top with a floral jacket? Not just young, but a total clash of patterns. It makes my eyes hurt.

She looks a bit like her mother but I can see a resemblance to her father around her mouth and chin, as well as in her colouring.

Jazmin is frequently in the news so it is easy to catch up with her but any news on Alexandre...?

Oh, now I see it. Jazmin Grace's good looking comes not from the Hollywood descendance but from her mother.

I reply myself - JG is a beautiful young woman, but I can't find similarities to her equally attractive Monegasque family members.

How boring would be a world were everyone looks similar to everyone.

Jazmin is frequently in the news so it is easy to catch up with her but any news on Alexandre...?

No but not surprising. He is only thirteen. Jazmin was pretty similar when younger. They get a lot of privacy. Jazz is an adult, going to parties, dating, trying to pursue music. She also attends things with her dad, and does interviews. The life of a thirteen year old school boy not as news worthy for tabs even if they could get it.

Jazmin Grace and Ian Mellencamp attended the 'Their Finest' screening in New York City on March 23. Yesterday, April 3, Jazmin Grace was among the guests at the Jeffrey Fashion Cares Cocktail & Runway Show at the Air and Space Museum in New York City:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

No but not surprising. He is only thirteen. Jazmin was pretty similar when younger. They get a lot of privacy. Jazz is an adult, going to parties, dating, trying to pursue music. She also attends things with her dad, and does interviews. The life of a thirteen year old school boy not as news worthy for tabs even if they could get it.

I agree. He is an adolescent now, but still only a child going through a sensitive period in development for anyone, famous or not.

I hope the press and tabloids will continue to leave him alone at least until he is 18 !:ermm:

Jazmin Grace and Ian attended "The Blond One Year Anniversary with V Magazine" in New York City on April 28 and yesterday, May 1, Jazmin Grace attended the "Yamba Malawi: Gala for Good" at IAC HQ in New York City:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Another outing: Jazmin Grace and Ian at the Burberry DK88 Bag Launch in New York City yesterday, May 2nd:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I agree. He is an adolescent now, but still only a child going through a sensitive period in development for anyone, famous or not.

I hope the press and tabloids will continue to leave him alone at least until he is 18 !:ermm:

That's a good question about Alexander. Had Albert married Alex's mother and they conceived Alex in the marriage, he would be the hereditary prince now instead of Jacques. He may be going through a wealth of emotions now because of that (we may never know).

Jazmin seems to be cashing in the royal connection, although she can never have HSH in front of her name because of the circumstances of her birth. If she ever wants to get a noble or royal husband would there be some archaic rule that would hold her birth status against her? I doubt she needs Albert's permission to marry. But in all, Albert may have acknowledged the older children and provided financial support but he should have some power to have title conferred as well.

Interesting that you mention titles because I was thinking of how she has not brought shame to her family at all. There are so many young people who do so. I would like to see her do something along the lines of her education, but there is nothing wrong with pursuing a career in the arts. She does have talent.

I'm glad she has a boyfriend who enjoys events as much as she does

Last edited:

Jazmin Grace and Ian attended the Vulture Festival Kick-Off Party in New York City yesterday, May 19:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

That's a good question about Alexander. Had Albert married Alex's mother and they conceived Alex in the marriage, he would be the hereditary prince now instead of Jacques. He may be going through a wealth of emotions now because of that (we may never know).

If P.Albert had married Jazmin's mother than *she* would be the heir and Alexander very likely wouldn't have been born, so there's not much point for him to go through a wealth of emotions :flowers:

Jazmin seems to be cashing in the royal connection, although she can never have HSH in front of her name because of the circumstances of her birth. If she ever wants to get a noble or royal husband would there be some archaic rule that would hold her birth status against her? I doubt she needs Albert's permission to marry. But in all, Albert may have acknowledged the older children and provided financial support but he should have some power to have title conferred as well.

If Albert and Charlene were to divorce today and Albert married Alexander's mother tomorrow, then Alexander would be the Hereditary Prince - Monaco allows for illegitimately born children to be legitimatized by their parents marriage, provided they weren't conceived in adultery.

[.....]

If she ever wants to get a noble or royal husband would there be some archaic rule that would hold her birth status against her? I doubt she needs Albert's permission to marry. But in all, Albert may have acknowledged the older children and provided financial support but he should have some power to have title conferred as well.

There is no any problem for Mademoiselle Jazmin Grace to marry a nobleman. When she marries an aristocrat she can, by longstanding social custom, be addressed with her husband's title. Think of Diana's stepmother who became Madame la comtesse Jean-François Pineton de Chambrun in her third marriage to a French aristocrat. And as an adult person Jazmin needs no one's permission to engage into marriage with the partner of her choice (article 12 of the European Convention on Human Rights).

Last edited:
There is no any problem for Mademoiselle Jazmin Grace to marry a nobleman. When she marries an aristocrat she can, by longstanding social custom, be addressed with her husband's title. Think of Diana's stepmother who became Madame la comtesse Jean-François Pineton de Chambrun in her third marriage to a French aristocrat. And as an adult person Jazmin needs no one's permission to engage into marriage with the partner of her choice (article 12 of the European Convention on Human Rights).
Every member of a Royal family needs the consent from the head of the family to marry. They have to make a formal written request and that includes to Albert as head of the Princely family. I'm not sure how that applies to Jazmin and Alex however, if he didn't approve of their choices he can cut them off financially. Legally all Albert has to pay is support while under age and Jazmin is now an adult. He also decides how much every member of the family will receive I believe it's done yearly. When he dies 50% of his estate will be split equally between all 4 children. The other 50% he can do with whatever he wants. The info can be found on this site going back to 2005-2006. Some discussions go back even further.

Jazmin has been with Ian for sometime I wouldn't be surprised to learn they are getting married. Or announcing it after the fact. I would be surprised if she didn't speak to Albert for advice if any relationship was getting serious.

Every member of a Royal family needs the consent from the head of the family to marry. They have to make a formal written request and that includes to Albert as head of the Princely family. I'm not sure how that applies to Jazmin and Alex however, if he didn't approve of their choices he can cut them off financially. Legally all Albert has to pay is support while under age and Jazmin is now an adult. He also decides how much every member of the family will receive I believe it's done yearly. When he dies 50% of his estate will be split equally between all 4 children. The other 50% he can do with whatever he wants. The info can be found on this site going back to 2005-2006. Some discussions go back even further.

Jazmin has been with Ian for sometime I wouldn't be surprised to learn they are getting married. Or announcing it after the fact. I would be surprised if she didn't speak to Albert for advice if any relationship was getting serious.
The members of most European royal families, except for UK where the top 6 in the Line of succession needs permission by the monarch for the marriage to be valid, are free to marry anyone they like and nothing can legally prevent them from doing so. What could & has happened quite frequently is that a marriage without the monarchs consent has meant loss of royal status & loss of inheritance.

Every member of a Royal family needs the consent from the head of the family to marry. They have to make a formal written request and that includes to Albert as head of the Princely family. [....]

Jazmin Grace is no member of the Famille Princier. That Jazmin is -as a child of Prince Albert- onw of his heirs is something different. The late Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands (the grandfather of the current King) had fathered two children outside marriage: the American Alicia de Bielefelde and the Française Alexia Grinda-Lejeune. They were no part of the Dutch royal family but nevertheless were halfsisters to a Queen and three princesses.

According the inheritance system based on the Code Napoléon, followed by almost all states on the European Continent (each child has an equal right to a "legitimate portion" of a parental heritage. So the two totally unknown halfsisters of Queen Beatrix received the same share as she and her three royal sisters and became wealthy ladies indeed.

This will not be different for Jazmin and Alexandre unless Prince Albert decides to use legal instruments to protect his heritage as much as possible for the benefit of Prince Jacques, the future Prince. He can -for an example- place everything in foundations and trusts and so be sure that the bulk remains at the disposal of the future Prince.

Anyway: Jazmin needs no permission to marry. And about financial settlements between father and daughter, no one has ever seen or read these so any guess is as good as it is.

Last edited:
After this ordonnance about the sovereign family published in june 2015 just after the births of Prince Jacques and Princess gabriella

Ordonnance Souveraine n° 5.344 du 2 juin 2015 portant statuts de la Famille Souveraine / Newspaper 8228 / Year 2015 / Journaux / Home - Journal de Monaco

Only the persons who are on the line of sucession belong to the sovereign family
and the prince has an autority on them, exemple when they marry, they must request to the prince the permission.

Jazmin and Alexander are not on the line of sucession , they don"t belong to the sovereign family, could marry without the permission of Albert

For the heritage, there is the assets of the crown ' biens de la couronne', which countains houses, paintings, titles of value, they are under the autority of the prince who can enter what he wants in this sort of trust as you said it Duc and Pair, the inheritage of Jacques will be protected because only the next sovereign can inherit of the contains of this ' biens de la couronne'

Prince Rainier who did the constitution has distrusted , he enlarged this sort of trust , so that the fortune of the Grimaldi cannot be scateerd ,he shared the heritage of his children before his death, and Albert could inherit all the countain of the ' biens de la couronne'

I know that Albert made a Sarl for Alexander, he will inherit when he will be 18, of course he gives a pension until Alexander will be 18.

For Jazmin, he gave a pension when Jazmin was minor and a big money which represented all the years when Jazmin did not receive a pension,
Now she is an adult , she does not receive a pension from Albert.

Jazmin and Ian Mellencamp seem happy together. It's possibly a little early for them to be talking marriage and they are both still young but if they do decide to take that step, I'm sure it will be with Albert's blessing.

Jazmin appears to live very comfortably so she probably still has some support from her father. Also, I'm sure some very canny investments were made in her behalf when she was a minor.

I suppose she must earn some money from her singing and possibly from the appearances she makes at certain events but certainly not enough to make a decent living.

Jazmin beeing adulte does get not money anymore from Albert , I remember her mother received a pension when she was minor, and Albert gave a lot of money when she was still a child , perhaps she shas as Alexander a SARL .

Jazmin is a young woman <ho can live as she wants, she is not royal, has no duties and she is a VIP in NYC where she is invited at launching of an event and so.

A SARL is possible but when Alexandre and Jazmin wants to be "own boss" an EURL seems more logic to me.

In an Entreprise Unipersonelle à Responsibilité Limitée Alexandre or Jazmin are the gérant (executive) of their own business. An advantage of a SARL or EURL is that the owner's liability for debts is limited to the value of their investment.

In relation to taxation, an EURL can choose whether to be taxed through the personal income tax system (so no distinction between profits of business and income of Alexandre or Jazmin), or to pay company tax on profits. So Alexandre and Jazmin can choose what is best for them.

Undoubtedly both children (and the Grimaldis) will have the best advisors.

Jazmin Grace is no member of the Famille Princier. That Jazmin is -as a child of Prince Albert- onw of his heirs is something different. The late Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands (the grandfather of the current King) had fathered two children outside marriage: the American Alicia de Bielefelde and the Française Alexia Grinda-Lejeune. They were no part of the Dutch royal family but nevertheless were halfsisters to a Queen and three princesses.

According the inheritance system based on the Code Napoléon, followed by almost all states on the European Continent (each child has an equal right to a "legitimate portion" of a parental heritage. So the two totally unknown halfsisters of Queen Beatrix received the same share as she and her three royal sisters and became wealthy ladies indeed.

This will not be different for Jazmin and Alexandre unless Prince Albert decides to use legal instruments to protect his heritage as much as possible for the benefit of Prince Jacques, the future Prince. He can -for an example- place everything in foundations and trusts and so be sure that the bulk remains at the disposal of the future Prince.

Anyway: Jazmin needs no permission to marry. And about financial settlements between father and daughter, no one has ever seen or read these so any guess is as good as it is.
Financial settlements were discussed on the forum back when the children were acknowledged in 2005 and 2006.
Alexandre Coste, being "illegitimate, will not be in the official line to the throne and will not carry the name Grimaldi", the lawyer said.
But "he will have the same inheritance rights as other children of the prince, should he have other children".
French law was discussed at the time and posts with other material. I just repeated everything that we began discussing in 2005 when Nicole went to the press and revealed many things including how much she was getting from Albert for a monthly clothing allowance of 12,000 of whatever the currency was at the time. An apartment in Paris, a house near Monaco, a car etc. She admitted in an interview she went to the press after she learned about Jazmin. Info came out from insiders on both sides regarding the settlement with Jazmins mother as well. If you don't believe me you can start looking for the posts here.

Some info is also in Alberts current events thread in 2005.

To say Jazmin and Alex are not part of the family IMO is wrong when they are Albert's children, niece and nephew to his sisters and cousins to their children. If they are not part of the family IMO Camille and Raphael are not because they are both illegitimate and not in line to inherit the throne either. France abolished laws of illegitimate status granting children born out of wedlock the same rights as a child born in a marriage. I have no doubts that if Jazmin or even Alex as adults need money Albert would help out and might even give them an allowance. Definition of family is "all the descendants of a common ancestor". BTW I think you misread my post because I did not say Jazmin had to get Albert permission to marry. This is what I posted.
Every member of a Royal family needs the consent from the head of the family to marry. They have to make a formal written request and that includes to Albert as head of the Princely family. I'm not sure how that applies to Jazmin and Alex
I seldom post but you or anyone looking for old info are welcome to send me a PM.

From what I've seen Prince Albert is a good father to Jazmin, and she seems happy & well-adjusted (kudos to her mother for raising such a smart, gifted, nice young woman). :)

That said, though I enjoy seeing pictures of Jazmin, I personally do not consider her part of the *immediate* Princely Family ~ i.e. Prince Albert (reigning monarch), Princess Charlene (wife of said monarch), Prince Jacques (heir), Princess Gabriella (2nd in line).

Jazmin is a private citizen, whom carries no titles, same as her cousins (oops, except Princess Alexandra of Hanover, from her father's side). Nothing wrong with that. :)

LadyMacAlpine

There is the constitution of Monaco which managed the ' biens de la couronne' and in the ' biens de la couronne' there are the houses , the titles , the counts, the values and the prince sovereign can enter all he wants in it. A house, counts and so and only the next sovereign can inherite.

The law of heritage and the laws of heritage

The laws of the heritage in France and in Monaco are differents and when the princely family it is still more different

Prince Rainier did the constitution and he created the ' biens de la couronne' to protect the fortune of Grimaldi and specially the fortune of Albert. He shared the heritage between his children P Caroline, P Albert and P Stephanie. But he put the collection of stamps, the paintings, the propertie of Roc Agel, The Marchais palace, the collection of the old cars in the biens de la Couronne, so that Albert inheritated at the death of his father, He was the only child to inherit this . It was legal it was in the constitution. and Jacques futur sovereign of Monaco will inherite all the beins de la couronne as it is said in the constitution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom