Prince Albert's Older Children Part 1: 2009 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She did say she was calling from the palace where she was visiting for the baptism. It's right near the beginning of the article.

I don't believe the interview is given from the palace, it is the newspaper who is saying it.

Harper's Bazaar is a reputable magazine, and I doubt they'd make that up if it weren't true.

As for Jazmin being part of Albert's private life - well, yes, but she's an adult, and if she's made the choice that she wants to give an interview, I don't see why they should hold her back from that. She has a right to do her own thing - other members of the family certainly have.

She looks like Lady Gaga. I hope that now she will appear next the family on important family events, just like Camille who is also an illegitimate child.

She did not say that she attended the christening but the Grand Prix .
If she gives too much interviews, I think she will never be welcomed warmly by all the family.
Albert said they are his privat like and not a public life.

She also states that she was in town to attend the christening. It's in the second paragraph along with the mention about her calling from the palace.

I think the photos are quite nice and see nothing wrong with the interview. Other members of the family have given interviews and posed for photos, so I don't think they would have a problem with Jazmin doing it. Plus she was calling from the palace, so I imagine they were well aware of this interview.

It was nice hearing about the relationship she has with her family. It also puts to rest any speculation that she and Alexandre are not part of Albert's life.

Last edited:
You're welcome :)

___

Albert was quite bubbly the last weeks, talking about his marriage etc. So I don't see the problem why Jazmine shouldn't talk as well. Till now I thought Albert abandoned her, now not anymore :p]

Yes, I don't think she's said anything out of line and it's good to hear her perspective. There's nothing especially controversial in what she says.

Also, Albert did say in one of his interviews that he would be catching up with his older children over the summer.

I find Ms Grimaldi's photoshoot and interview very awkward.

Okay, so I read the interview: I don't think she had the consent from the palace but I didn't catch anything worrying or harmful about what she said... it was all very vague... the only thing that could make her relatives frown is the reference to Grace, but all in all it was a interview with nothing news... Her posing is a bit tacky IMO, but that's all

I mentioned there was a photo of her with Joesph Jackson (Michaels father) taken at a party on a yacht during the Grand Prix. Sorry, I can't post it it was on my computer that crashed and I don't have the link. At the same time I was told Jazmin was trying to be a professional singer.

She also states that she was in town to attend the christening. It's in the second paragraph along with the mention about her calling from the palace.

I think the photos are quite nice and see nothing wrong with the interview. Other members of the family have given interviews and posed for photos, so I don't think they would have a problem with Jazmin doing it. Plus she was calling from the palace, so I imagine they were well aware of this interview.

It was nice hearing about the relationship she has with her family. It also puts to rest any speculation that she and Alexandre are not part of Albert's life.

Personally I suspect this might be part of the reason why the Court may be quite easy about her doing such a photoshoot, because it allows the media to get some level of access to her and shows off that she isn't the hidden away child some people say. There were in the past a few reports suggesting Albert wasn't being good to his two children but Jazmin clearly puts that to rest in what she says here. Bear in mind now he has two 'legitimate' children with Charlene maybe that means the Court are less uptight about Jazmin and Alexandre.

From all I see it seems like a young socialite doing the usual young socialite things... Majoring at shmoozing and partying with minors in modeling and being a "pop star". Hey, nice work if you can get it.

She says that she has contacts with Stéphanie and her children but she does not talk about Caroline and her children, I think there is no contacts between Caroline ans her children.

She says that she has contacts with Stéphanie and her children but she does not talk about Caroline and her children, I think there is no contacts between Caroline ans her children.
A few years ago Jazmin stayed with Caroline when Albert was in Greece I believe it was. She also visited with Stephanie. Don't forget Jazmin is single where Caroline's are not only with a partner, 2 have children, and she is closer in age to Stephanie's so it doesn't surprise me if she has more contact with Stephanie's.

Very nice photos, and incredible dresses, Just I imagine had to be difficult for her that she wasn't invited to her father wedding!
and she has her own charity since she was 11, guess her father set her with that so she in a way can do some princess work!

Nice photo shoot and it's good to hear from her on how nice her relationship is with her father. It must have been a little disappointing that she didn't get a chance to go to her father's wedding.

You don't recall the bad rumors on Albert at his wedding, third child, fourth child , paternity tests . It was not the times to see the illégitimes children at his wedding.
There is only a interview which is not clear, we learnt that she is seeing his father since a lot of years.in privat
She was not present to the last important events in Monaco, presentation of the twins, christening of the twins, the magazine is saying that she was present, she was present at he palace but not in the public. The celebritation of the 10th reign of Albert.
I think she will not be present to the wedding of Pierre and Beatrice
We know that she is living in NYC, she is like her half brother in the privat life of Albert as he said when he aknowledged his children.
It is only a publicity to get the medias about her , we don't know if the palace allowed this interview, she gave with a phone anybogy can give an interview like this, the persons of the palace are not behind her when she calles somebody, if she was really in the palace, she could be in a room of a hotel of Monaco.

I don't understand all the fuss over Albert's illegitimate children. All other illegitimate children in that family have always been welcomed and many were on display at the recent wedding in Italy (including the bride)

Why are Albert's treated differently?

:previous: I think it's most likely due to the fact that they are the children of a reigning Prince, whilst the other illegitimate children are not as important in the terms of succession. But of course, I don't know for sure as I'm not that knowledgable about the Monegasque royals.

:previous: I think it's most likely due to the fact that they are the children of a reigning Prince, whilst the other illegitimate children are not as important in the terms of succession. But of course, I don't know for sure as I'm not that knowledgable about the Monegasque royals.

Illegitimate is illegitimate, not born in a legal union and therefore not in line of succession. In that aspect there is no difference between the one or the other. I think a lot has to do with Prince Rainier III whom had certain opinions on dignity, respect and reputation. It seems the relationship between Prince Rainier III and his son Prince Albert suffered under the fact that the last one had not at all any desire to engage in a proper marriage but fathered children out of wedlock, one of them even from a lady whom was married to another man.

Prince Rainier III first demanded Prince Albert to end his affair to Tamara Rotolo (mother of Yasmin). It seems the Prince became outraged when he learned that his son fathered Éric Alexandre Stéphane Tossoukpé (a.k.a. Alexandre Coste) with another fling, now to Nicole Coste. The situation with the two extra-marital children can not be seen apart from the intense disapproval by Prince Rainier III.

imo a big difference is that his sisters children, even when born out of wedlock, were always without a doubt their children from the day they were born.
P.Albert, afaik, didn't acknowledge his oldest two children until their mothers took action and DNA tests were performed; that is a very different attitude towards the chikdren (even if later on they did establish a good relationship with him)

So that could probably a factor as to why his situation is viewed differently..

imo a big difference is that his sisters children, even when born out of wedlock, were always without a doubt their children from the day they were born.
P.Albert, afaik, didn't acknowledge his oldest two children until their mothers took action and DNA tests were performed; that is a very different attitude towards the chikdren (even if later on they did establish a good relationship with him)

So that could probably a factor as to why his situation is viewed differently..

Thanks, but it does not explain why Stephanie's (and for that matter Antoinette's), Andrea's and Charoltte's bastard children were without question welcomed in to the family and Albert's were / ARE not...

Rainier's mother was illegitimate as is Pierre Casiraghi's wife. I do not understand the double standards.

I think HereditaryPrincess offers a good explanation. A reigning Prince is involved and they would be at the front of the line of succession. Also, the Prince has said many times that they are part of his private life and maybe this arrangement suits everyone involved.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Of course it's a double standard!

In my opinion it comes down to irresponsibility on Albert's part. He should never have fathered children with women he would not/could not marry. (I'm not certain, but I think subsequent marriage would have legitimised a child so it could succeed him.) Yes, it takes two to tango, but he's the one with the inheritable status so the onus was on him to make sure his little swimmers didn't produce any children until he found a woman he was willing and able to marry.

Last edited:
Of course it's a double standard!

In my opinion it comes down to irresponsibility on Albert's part. He should never have fathered children with women he would not/could not marry. (I'm not certain, but I think subsequent marriage would have legitimised a child so it could succeed him.) Yes, it takes two to tango, but he's the one with the inheritable status so the onus was on him to make sure his little swimmers didn't produce any children until he found a woman he was willing and able to marry.

Yes, but what's done is done. His children should be more than welcomed into the family and should be seen as part of the family.

Yes, but what's done is done. His children should be more than welcomed into the family and should be seen as part of the family.

I totally agree with you, but it appears that Albert and/or other family members preferred to treat them as his dirty secrets and hide them away. It stinks. They are his children as much as his children with Charlene and should be included.

I totally agree with you, but it appears that Albert and/or other family members preferred to treat them as his dirty secrets and hide them away. It stinks. They are his children as much as his children with Charlene and should be included.

Yeah, it's being made to feel like the twins are his first children ever. He has four kids and that should be celebrated. Despite the past, his two older children should be included. Maybe his daughter like the arrangement they have, but somehow I think she would like to included with the rest of the family in Monaco too. She's not shy around the spotlight either, so that wouldn't be a problem.

I think including them in public side of his life would send mixed messages and confuse the situation for the public and be disengenous.I don't doubt Albert loves them personally but the fact is trying to put them on par with the future Prince and the spare is not reasonable.They will never be royal.

I don't think anyone would expect them to be royal, and also the media already know about his two older kids. There would be no confusion. The message would be that Albert is bringing his family together, putting the past behind him and being a loving, supportive and present father. Right now, the message is, his twins are his family and his two other children aren't really anything but kids that he supports financially.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom