Prince Albert's Older Children Part 1: 2009 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the Press are concerned Prince Albert can never do anything right! They believe all the nasty stories about him; his wedding; his relationship with his children. Why they are so down on him I have no idea, in particular, the British Press, is a mystery??

If he had attended his daughter's graduation, the headline would of been Prince Albert a no-show at important Louis Vuitton show, and has let everyone down when they expected him to be there. The poor guy cannot win! Of course, all the Daily Mail reader comments are now throwing bricks at Prince Albert because of the story!

He seems a lovely sweet guy, with a lovely wife, Why he is so disliked compared to the other Royal Princes I have no idea?? It must be difficult when you have children from other relationships, and I am sure he does his best by them. The Press love a Royal Wedding, but better still a Royal Divorce. All the other Royal Princes have made their mistakes, but for some reason they expect Prince Albert to be perfect!

Last edited:
I am always amazed how legitimate criticism is written off as hate. When Charlene wore the inappropriate dress, no one would have dared call it gross. Even Charlene's much too short dress is dismissed as the designer's fault. But Jazmin has a sweat stain and it makes the news and made to seem worse? The point of mentioning it was to compare reactions here. That was obviously a planted story to hurt Jazmin. No one mentioned before that. It is not news the way it would be for Charlene.

Grace, Rainier and Caroline attended Albert's graduation. I wonder how he would have felt if his mom or dad had attended a fashion show instead. Grace was certainly more well known than Albert is. There would have been no headline about Albert missing an 8 minute LV fashion show. The headline would have been what a good dad he was.

Albert earned all the brick throwing. He had several children out of wedlock. They had no choice in the matter. They are human beings and his flesh and blood. He has treated them poorly. Money is no substitute. He fathered children. Charlene married him knowing this, she is their stepmother.

If he does not read the press, that is his problem. Someone needs to inject some reality in his circle. Is his US family so wrapped up in living off the name and association that they do not tell him? Enough with all the phony awards and accolades.

His actions (even environmental) speak louder than his words. Build a building temporarily for an 8 minute show and travel daily on a private jet all while decrying global warming?

Albert is letting people down. He can win and do the right thing. He does not and his children pay for it.

Last edited:
why are people all assuming that Albert is not close to his daughter ? there are pics of Jazmin in roc agel (prince Albert's house with elephants baby and nepal in Mont Agel on her fb page), and Jazmin is friend with her cousins and frequently comment their pics and she even calls Pauline "my sweet cousin". She has relationship with her father and her paternal family, it s just that it is a a private one (as it should be)
Maybe he doesn't see Alexandre very often but Jazmin certainly goes to Monaco several times a year

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Prince Albert is the most honest prince of the royalty, he aknowledged his children, he gave money for their education
What did or do the other kings and princes who had illegitimat children? Nothing
King Albert II never said that Delphine was her daughter,
Prince Berhnard of Niederlands aknowledged her daughters but in secret and the world learned that he had two illegitimat daughters after her death. We never saw him with them, we learned that he sent gifts for their birthdays and nothing else.
King Juan Carlos has also illegitimat children but he did not want to aknowledge them.
Albert attended to a gala for the Brazil after the defile of Vuitton last saturday and he attended on sunday at a reception of a forum ( there is a photo of this forum on Monaco Matin), The Mail did not writte this new to critic Albert.
This newspaper already published the interview of Nicole coste 3 weeks ago. I do not understand the behaviour of this english tabloid.
I read somewhere that the palace wanted to sue DM for the article with the interview of Nicole costes.
I begin to think that you must not be honest when you are famious because you are more criticed than the others who are not honest

I don't draw comparison with other monarchs but this was a big misstep IMO. She is his daughter, no matter what.

To be honest, I really don't much attention to Prince Albert of Monaco. I just think sometimes you have to put the crap to the side and support your child. It's one thing to acknowledge and financially support your children but the most important part is being there for them.

The situation is what it is, he had them out of wedlock, now be there for them.

Albert's lack of honesty is what got him here. He and his lawyer crowed all over the media that he was not the father. The palace spin doctors had to eat their words. You can't shine poo and call it a diamond. The truth will out. That is why Albert is being criticized. His actions are detestable. His fellow deadbeat monarchs are also. It is not a competition or a race for the prize of worst human being.

Albert only owned up after Nicole outed him. He can sue for invasion of privacy in France for being embarrassed. That does not make it untrue. It means he doesn't want anyone to know.

Robert Eringer submitted the documents sent by Jazmin's legal team to Albert in court. They are public record. He did not want to acknowledge her at all. Instead the agreement centered on how to spin it for Albert to act like he had been a loving dad who wanted her privacy. The truth was much worse. More lies.

Nicole said Stephanie sought out her new nephew and visited. Stephanie obviously did the same with Jazmin, she has a kind heart. Her children do too, so the relationship is with her aunt and not her dad. She was photographed with the elephants but not at Andrea's wedding the same week. Smoke and mirrors.

Albert is being criticized for his behaviour. The only campaign I see is one to bully, name call, put down and dismiss anyone who has a different view of Char and Al. He gets no special absolution for being a spoiled rich man. He fathered children. They matter, too. How many 'accidents or tricks' of his should his innocent children pay for?

Charlene too has culpability. Charlene grimaced when photographed with Jazmin at the PGFUSA. The event was honoring her grandmother but only the Wittstock family were paraded in and seated in honored places.Albert's photo with Jazmin was almost a dirty secret.

Charlene has known about the children, they were recognized before she met him. She is either okay with his deadbeat dad act or complicit. The children had no choice, Albert did. He still does. The fact that he continues to act heartlessly speaks volumes about him.

This was an important day for his child. His parents and sister certainly made a big fuss to attend his graduation. He chose a fashion show over his child. His own mother made a better choice.

Last edited:
I think the Prince did Jazmin a favor by not attending. Can you imagine all the commotion that would have caused...

Anyway, Jasmin is an adult, has not grown up in the public eye and can now make her own decision as to whether she wants to be a public figure or not.

People keep ragging on Albert when he has acknowledged and taken care of his children. I think Jazmin's mother did a great job, whereas Alexandre's mother is in it for something else. She has removed the boy from Albert's reach by moving to London. From what I understand he saw the boy regularly when they lived in the next town.

Grace, Rainier and Caroline attended Albert's graduation. I wonder how he would have felt if his mom or dad had attended a fashion show instead. Grace was certainly more well known than Albert is. There would have been no headline about Albert missing an 8 minute LV fashion show. The headline would have been what a good dad he was.

Albert earned all the brick throwing. He had several children out of wedlock. They had no choice in the matter. They are human beings and his flesh and blood. He has treated them poorly. Money is no substitute.

You're right, of course. If he didn't want children, he should have used birth control.

But I don't think he did want them, and I don't believe he cares about them. Not all the criticism nor all the bad press can force him to care.
He is generous financially, but may not have much choice about that; DNA proved accurate.

The whole business does not speak well of Albert.

Look they were not children of marriage or great love affairs. They happened. It is not the children's fault, but they are not a priority in their father's life. His choice. Their mothers have a great responsibility. What did they think would happen? Stop blaming Charlene, they were a fact of life before she got there, she doesn't have to like it. Frankly, who decided it was a grimace? Could have been a forced smile. Either way, she has no responsibility for them. Albert supports them, better than many absentee fathers do. There is no law that says he has to love them. Jazmin was from a one night stand, so to speak, and the other a fling. The women who choose this lifestyle and exposed their children to this are, very much more responsible than Charlene. It is too bad for all.

why are people all assuming that Albert is not close to his daughter ? there are pics of Jazmin in roc agel (prince Albert's house with elephants baby and nepal in Mont Agel on her fb page), and Jazmin is friend with her cousins and frequently comment their pics and she even calls Pauline "my sweet cousin". She has relationship with her father and her paternal family, it s just that it is a a private one (as it should be)
Maybe he doesn't see Alexandre very often but Jazmin certainly goes to Monaco several times a year

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Royals Community mobile app
I like your post and you are right. Jazmin has spent time with all of the family including the Kelly cousins. She has attended more than the PGA where Albert was as I have posted before. The press was asked not to photograph them and to respect their privacy.

Years back Albert said during an interview here in the States that Nicole made it hard for him to see Alexandre and they had issues that needed to be worked out.

People need to read the definition of a deadbeat parent because Albert is not one. Nicole's own admission someone came in when she was in the hospital to draw blood to determine paternity and he began paying support and seeing Alexandre when he could. Albert has a busy schedule and he purchased a house for them to live in close to Monaco. She had an apartment in Paris and a car at her disposal not to mention a clothing allowance for herself. Nicole chose to move to London which put distance between Albert and his son making it more difficult for him to see his son with the schedule he has. Only one person is to blame for him seeing his son less if that is the case. Nicole herself by making things harder for Albert thereby being the one to deny her son of the time he deserves with his father.

I'm sorry Nicole likes attention especially after Jazmin gets her name and face in the press. Jazmin is the reason Nicole went public in the first place back in 2005 which is in one of the first interviews. She had to get Alex acknowledged and I wish had a link to the old interviews. Albert loves children and feels both of his children are part of his private life a reason you don't see photos of them in the press.

I think he didn't go because Jazmin's mother would be there. The problem is with the mothers, not the children. He blames them even though he is equally to blame.

They are equally to blame. The mothers should be protecting their children. I don't think Jasmin's mother is as big a fool as the other. Charlene has no responsibility to even like them. They are there. Charlene's grimace could have been a smile of sorts. Albert had affairs with these women, they knew the consequences. It is too bad for the children, of course. It is not their fault at all. But the have fools for mothers and a father, who has, at least, provided for them, better than many, is what many children who enter the world in their circumstances receive.

Excellent posts, Countess and Lady MacAlpine, you have certainly put this difficult matter in perspective.

I like your post and you are right. Jazmin has spent time with all of the family including the Kelly cousins. She has attended more than the PGA where Albert was as I have posted before. The press was asked not to photograph them and to respect their privacy.

Years back Albert said during an interview here in the States that Nicole made it hard for him to see Alexandre and they had issues that needed to be worked out.

People need to read the definition of a deadbeat parent because Albert is not one. Nicole's own admission someone came in when she was in the hospital to draw blood to determine paternity and he began paying support and seeing Alexandre when he could. Albert has a busy schedule and he purchased a house for them to live in close to Monaco. She had an apartment in Paris and a car at her disposal not to mention a clothing allowance for herself. Nicole chose to move to London which put distance between Albert and his son making it more difficult for him to see his son with the schedule he has. Only one person is to blame for him seeing his son less if that is the case. Nicole herself by making things harder for Albert thereby being the one to deny her son of the time he deserves with his father.

I'm sorry Nicole likes attention especially after Jazmin gets her name and face in the press. Jazmin is the reason Nicole went public in the first place back in 2005 which is in one of the first interviews. She had to get Alex acknowledged and I wish had a link to the old interviews. Albert loves children and feels both of his children are part of his private life a reason you don't see photos of them in the press.

I always love your posts. I agree with you. However I just wish Albert would just let the press photograh he and Jazmin together just to show off his daughter and show the world that he is proud of her. When you say she is part of his privite life makes it look as if he is trying to hide her. She is a beautiful adult now. He should be proud and beaming over her. I can understand keep Alex private, he is a child but Jazmin is grown now. It's time to stop keeping her private and show her off proudly and who cares what anyone's else may say.

Also, I have heard that she hears from her aunts Caroline and Stephanie reguarily when she is in the US.

I always love your posts. I agree with you. However I just wish Albert would just let the press photograh he and Jazmin together just to show off his daughter and show the world that he is proud of her. When you say she is part of his privite life makes it look as if he is trying to hide her. She is a beautiful adult now. He should be proud and beaming over her. I can understand keep Alex private, he is a child but Jazmin is grown now. It's time to stop keeping her private and show her off proudly and who cares what anyone's else may say.

Also, I have heard that she hears from her aunts Caroline and Stephanie reguarily when she is in the US.
Albert is the one who said they are part of his private life.

Albert is the one who said they are part of his private life.

I know he is the one who said that. And that is the point. He needs to stop saying that and stop with the need of trying to hide them or in this case Jazmin.

What he needs to do is leave Charlene at home for a gala or two and have his daughter on his arm. There is nothing to be a shamed of. He should be proud of her and want to show her off.

Why exactly should Prince Albert leave his wife at home and take his daughter to a gala? Why do you assume that showing off Jazmin means that Prince Albert is proud of her?

Last edited:
Why exactly should Prince Albert leave his wife at home and take his daughter to a gala? Why do you assume that showing off Jazmin means that Prince Albert?

Yes, indeed. What a very foolish statement. Yes, she is his daughter, biologically, but not spiritually. It was a 1 night stand. The woman got pregnant and had the child. He supports her, financially, (better than a lot) and perhaps, personally, I do not know that. To leave his real wife behind, what , I must say, I am trying to be polite, ridiculous reason. These children on here , but realistcally, not because their father wanted them. Yes, he is responsible, but their mother's more so. They knew the rules. They knew with whom they were dealing. It doesn't make it right. It is reality.

Responsibility

Long ago and far away, when I was in college, a male college was complaining to me that his wife had gotten pregnant again on purpose because she wanted another and he didn't. I asked him what he was doing for birth control and was very unsympathetic when I pointed out that if he didn't want children the responsibility to prevent conception was on him.

I still feel this way very strongly. If a man does not want to have children birth control is his responsibility and his alone. No man, especially a very wealthy man, should trust someone he is not serious about on this issue, nevermind a casual encounter.

I have always been confounded at Albert's stupidity to get caught this way not once but at least twice. He and his sisters are cut from the same cloth in this. All with children conceived out of wedlock and accidents. If the wealthiest and best educated cannot govern their procreative responsibilities, how in the world can we expect anyone to?

And I'll tell you something, if I were the mother of the boy, I would be seriously considering taking his case before the euro courts and see if he cannot have rights to full inheritance pushed through. Why should he not be able to be his father's full heir? Why should this new baby have more rights than he and his half sister do?

In this day and age, with out of wedlock births becoming the accepted norm, rather than the shameful exception, it is demonstrably unfair for a child to be denied his or her rights because of a parent's actions. Maybe if men knew they had to give natural children full and equal treatment with the children of their marriage, they would learn caution.

A Very Adamant Ana

And I'll tell you something, if I were the mother of the boy, I would be seriously considering taking his case before the euro courts and see if he cannot have rights to full inheritance pushed through. Why should he not be able to be his father's full heir? Why should this new baby have more rights than he and his half sister do?

As far as I know, the European Court of Human Rights to not dare to mess with monarchical rules of succession and titles.

Well, they are about to get a half brother or sister.

Yes, indeed. What a very foolish statement. Yes, she is his daughter, biologically, but not spiritually. It was a 1 night stand. The woman got pregnant and had the child. He supports her, financially, (better than a lot) and perhaps, personally, I do not know that. To leave his real wife behind, what , I must say, I am trying to be polite, ridiculous reason. These children on here , but realistcally, not because their father wanted them. Yes, he is responsible, but their mother's more so. They knew the rules. They knew with whom they were dealing. It doesn't make it right. It is reality.
Thank you!
You have stated the argument better than I have done. I see no reason for showing off Jazmin. Neither Jazmin nor her mother accused Prince Albert of neglecting his responsibilities.

I know he is the one who said that. And that is the point. He needs to stop saying that and stop with the need of trying to hide them or in this case Jazmin.

What he needs to do is leave Charlene at home for a gala or two and have his daughter on his arm. There is nothing to be a shamed of. He should be proud of her and want to show her off.

If Albert wishes to have have a public relationship (or private relationship for that matter) with his daughter, and they both agree to do so, it should because they want to.

Neither is under no obligation IMO to show the world that they have a relationship. Being seen and photographed with your children (particularly if you area public persona) doesn't mean you are a good parent.

I still feel this way very strongly. If a man does not want to have children birth control is his responsibility and his alone. No man, especially a very wealthy man, should trust someone he is not serious about on this issue, nevermind a casual encounter.

I have always been confounded at Albert's stupidity to get caught this way not once but at least twice. He and his sisters are cut from the same cloth in this. All with children conceived out of wedlock and accidents. If the wealthiest and best educated cannot govern their procreative responsibilities, how in the world can we expect anyone to?

In this day and age, with out of wedlock births becoming the accepted norm, rather than the shameful exception, it is demonstrably unfair for a child to be denied his or her rights because of a parent's actions. Maybe if men knew they had to give natural children full and equal treatment with the children of their marriage, they would learn caution.

A Very Adamant Ana

I agree with you.

If a man, especially one in Albert's situation, doesn't want to have a child he should take steps to ensure he does not impregnate his partners. And if he fails to do that, he should accept responsibility for the child in all ways. And in my opinion he owes his children a duty equal to if not greater than the duty he owes to his current wife, who was an adult when she chose to marry him and knew that he already had two children.

As far as I know, the European Court of Human Rights to not dare to mess with monarchical rules of succession and titles.

I am just playing devil's advocate here. And I think these discussions are quite fun, so please bare with me!!!:flowers:

I don't see why this rule of undoubted legitimacy can't be changed. After all, less than 50 years ago, it was unthinkable that a first born girl should hold a place above a younger brother in the succession. Yet, even GB has given way on this one. It's just one more out dated rule that should fall by the way side.

Do a quick roll call in your head of the older sisters who would have been Queens Regent under todays rules.

Among the heirs today under the age of 12, I believe only Prince George of Cambridge and Prince Christian of Denmark will be Kings, the rest will be Queens though I am probably missing someone. And at least two of those girls have younger brothers. Let's not forget that when Carl Philip was born he was the heir of Sweden, then the rules changed and this was stripped from him and given to his elder sister. I am not sure of the rules in Spain, should they have a son, but I think the old male preferred rules still apply there.

Getting back to my original argument, I think that the example of the demise of male primogeniture would be a great argument that the laws of legitimacy are likewise unfair and outdated and should be done away with.
Especially now that paternity can be proven absolutely. It is no longer "mama's baby, daddy's maybe."

Ana

Last edited:
He has accepted responsibility. But nobody has a right to dictate to him how his relationship with his children should be in public. It is something private between them. And his priority should be his wife, first and foremost.

Long ago and far away, when I was in college, a male college was complaining to me that his wife had gotten pregnant again on purpose because she wanted another and he didn't. I asked him what he was doing for birth control and was very unsympathetic when I pointed out that if he didn't want children the responsibility to prevent conception was on him.

A Very Adamant Ana

What exactly do you mean by full inheritance? I was under the impression that some sort of financial arrangements had been made between Albert and his children. Of course, we will never know the specifics.

In regards to Alexandre and Jazmin super ceding their future half brother/sister...isn't one of the requirements of a Monaco heir being that the child is born within a legal marriage. Or if the parents marry after the child is born, thereby legitimizing the child. Since Tamara was already married by separated...that nullifies Jazmin. And Albert had plenty of time to marry Nicole before he met and/or married Charlene. But apparently had no interest in doing so. So I would imagine that Nicole wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court.

Otherwise, I totally agree with your post. If you are having a one night stand both parties should use protective measures IMO. Forget pregnancy, let's talk about diseases. No, we really don't need to discuss diseases. Add in Albert's position (public persona, fairly wealthy, heir to a throne) and you have to question Albert's thought process.

If you are in a relationship with someone (and it does appear that some type of relationship was going on with Nicole and Albert), its possible that they discussed a potential pregnancy and/or safeguarding against a potential pregnancy. I don't know, again in Albert's position you would think he would have exercised better judgement and not just depended on Nicole to take appropriate measures.

Maybe its just me...I know I can't control everything but things I can control I don't give that power to anyone.

I am just playing devil's advocate here. And I think these discussions are quite fun, so please bare with me!!!:flowers:

I don't see why this rule of undoubted legitimacy can't be changed. After all, less than 50 years ago, it was unthinkable that a first born girl should hold a place above a younger brother in the succession. Yet, even GB has given way on this one. It's just one more out dated rule that should fall by the way side.

Do a quick roll call in your head of the older sisters who would have been Queens Regent under todays rules.

Among the heirs today under the age of 12, I believe only Prince George of Cambridge and Prince Christian of Denmark will be Kings, the rest will be Queens though I am probably missing someone. And at least two of those girls have younger brothers. Let's not forget that when Carl Philip was born he was the heir of Sweden, then the rules changed and this was stripped from him and given to his elder sister. I am not sure of the rules in Spain, should they have a son, but I think the old male preferred rules still apply there.

Getting back to my original argument, I think that the example of the demise of male primogeniture would be a great argument that the laws of legitimacy are likewise unfair and outdated and should be done away with.
Especially now that paternity can be proven absolutely. It is no longer "mama's baby, daddy's maybe."

Ana

I respectfully disagree with the last bit. To me, its an apples to oranges comparison in regards to the discussion of male primogeniture vs laws of legitimacy. Having a child is not like buying a car/house or even marriage. IMO Having a child is lifetime commitment more than an actual marriage. Right now you have people having kids with people they barely know (a good example is Albert and Tamara) and they don't even really know each other. Add is additional children and it can be a nightmare!

What if Jazmin is the heir because she is the oldest child (regardless of legitimacy or not) and she is groomed to be the ruler of Monaco. But guess what, Albert had a child in college, and now that child is the heir and hasn't been groomed to rule and doesn't know what is expected of him/her. Do you turn around and say...sorry about that Jaz...he/she was born first?! That's is disruptive and pretty crummy IMO.

Nope its better to be born with the confines of marriage, and therefore everyone knows what is expected of them.

Last edited:
He has accepted responsibility. But nobody has a right to dictate to him how his relationship with his children should be in public. It is something private between them. And his priority should be his wife, first and foremost.

I quite agree. And lets not forget that his daughter is old enough now to make her feelings on the matter clear. He is probably doing what she wants and helping her keep the privacy she obviously wants. If she wanted publicity, all she has to do is start parading in front of cameras and they will follow her every move. You know, do a few interviews about evil daddy. The tabs would eat that up with a fork and spoon.

Ana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom