Prince Albert's Older Children Part 1: 2009 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's kill the illegtimate talk...we know Albert and Tamara were not married when Jazmin was conceived.

For the record, Monaco has a history of children born out of wedlock who have had a role in Monaco, so anything is possible.

I can understand and accept that most people mean no harm when they use the term "illegitimate" to describe out-of-wedlock children, but it still makes me cringe...it seems to be branding the innocent children for the irresponsibilities of their parents. :sad:

Wasn't Rainier's mother Charlotte born out of wedlock?

I think if Albert and Charlene ever have kids they can be discussed on e.g. PA and Charlene family events or something along those lines.
Oops, I've just seen Natalie_Cox made similar suggestion.:)

I can understand and accept that most people mean no harm when they use the term "illegitimate" to describe out-of-wedlock children, but it still makes me cringe...it seems to be branding the innocent children for the irresponsibilities of their parents. :sad:

Wasn't Rainier's mother Charlotte born out of wedlock?

Yes-I believe she was. She was later adopted by Prince Louis, legitimatizing her (back when that was legal in Monaco, before the 2002 changes), placing her (and her decedents) in line for the throne. she gave up her rights to the throne in favor of her son in 1944 (on his 21st birthday, 5 years before the death of her father).
according to her wikipedia page:
A shadow of doubt exists over the legality of this adoption. The Monegasque Civil Code (Articles 240 and 243) required that the adopting party to be at least fifty and the adoptee twenty-one. The 1918 Ordinance changed the age limit to eighteen (Charlotte was twenty at the time) but not the other age limit and Louis was only 48.

Yes-I believe she was. She was later adopted by Prince Louis, legitimatizing her (back when that was legal in Monaco, before the 2002 changes), placing her (and her decedents) in line for the throne. she gave up her rights to the throne in favor of her son in 1944 (on his 21st birthday, 5 years before the death of her father).
according to her wikipedia page:
A shadow of doubt exists over the legality of this adoption. The Monegasque Civil Code (Articles 240 and 243) required that the adopting party to be at least fifty and the adoptee twenty-one. The 1918 Ordinance changed the age limit to eighteen (Charlotte was twenty at the time) but not the other age limit and Louis was only 48.
Albert I had Louis adopt her so there wouldn't be any doubts. If there was doubt you would think France would have taken over Monaco and not allowed it to become an independent country.

Albert I had Louis adopt her so there wouldn't be any doubts. If there was doubt you would think France would have taken over Monaco and not allowed it to become an independent country.

Like I said-it was from Wikipedia, not actually my own words.

Like I said-it was from Wikipedia, not actually my own words.

wiki is not always accurate. However, I think that was then and this is now. The rules have changed and out of wedlock children are no longer eligible to be in line for the throne.

^I hope THAT PAGE has nothing to do with Nicole Coste...

This thread...i'm wondering, if Albert and Charlene have kids, this thread will be named as it is currently?
Because if they have kids, one day there will be a thread for their kids such as "Prince Albert and Family Current Events" or "Prince/ss ........ current events" and what will happen to this thread name? I mean, this thread will be use to discuss his children with Tamara and Nicole and there will be another one for his "princely" children?

And i quote myself because i would like to read an answer, please...

When I see that picture and the others I always think, what a handsome little boy.

I hope Nicole Coste did not set this site up. She is playing with fire. It's obvious that she is only thinking of herself and not what is best for the Monegasques.

FanofMonaco...how can you say in one sentence you hope she did not set up the website and then say she is paying with fire? Do you know something we don't?

He is a lovely child, but he is not a prince. Whomever set that up has no real feeling for the exposure this gives this child. Certainly, the child should not be branded with "illigitimate", but he is not going to fall in the line of succession, nor is he going to be a "prince". Charles II of England had many "out of wedlock" children, but they weren't princes. There are dozens of "secret" children roaming about, so to speak, but they don't carry these titles. Not that that matters.

That web site has been around for some time and posted here a few times.

That web site has been around for some time and posted here a few times.

And really, anyone can set up a website and have no personal relationship with the subject. I can set up a site and say I am Charlene.

I am saying that if she did set it up she is playing with fire. I know nothing about who created that website.

By posting about this and other Alexandre websites, we are giving them publicity !!

I have not had a chance to read all the postings to this thread, but has anyone heard of Prince Albert's children possibly inheriting any type of royal title? I know they are not eligible for the throne, but could they possibly be recognized by title, if they wanted to?

I have not had a chance to read all the postings to this thread, but has anyone heard of Prince Albert's children possibly inheriting any type of royal title? I know they are not eligible for the throne, but could they possibly be recognized by title, if they wanted to?

Charlotte, Pierre and Andrea do not have any titles and yet they were born in wedlock and to a Princess of Monaco.
If Jazmin or Alexandre got titles, it would mean they would have to do something with it.

I would have thought it's unlikely that Albert's children would be endowed with titles. They are his natural children. But it is perfectly possible that they could be adopted by the current Sovereign Prince, if PA's and CW's marriage failed to produce heirs.

I would have thought it's unlikely that Albert's children would be endowed with titles. They are his natural children. But it is perfectly possible that they could be adopted by the current Sovereign Prince, if PA's and CW's marriage failed to produce heirs.

Still an adoption would not grant them rights to titles or the throne, due to the 2002 change-unless Prince Albert were to convince Crown Council and France that a change back in necessary....
Besides, Prince Albert's relationship with his children is a very private one-I doubt either of them would want the limelight like that at this point in their lives.

There is, of course, a precedent in the shape of Princess Charlotte who was adopted and married to Prince Pierre. Her adoption was necessary, even vital, to the survival of the Monegasque dynasty.

Charlotte Casiraghi probably did not get a title, partly because she would become Princess Charlotte II, and partly because Caroline did not wish it.

Thank you all for your responses.

I got this off the internet it is a pic of Jaz and Dad

supposedly its from far away but it looks like her with her dad and his girlfriend on the beach it says ca but who knows. I understand she is in Monaco every summer for a while and sometimes in the winter as there are pictures. She was out in the dessert which is a very protected place to raise a kid. I believe Albert always knew about her. She is pretty and smart and i have watched since it was announced that she was his natural daughter and she looks more and more like Prince Albert and his mother. She is beautiful and smart and academically oriented so she could end up Dr Grimaldi LOL. Kate

Jazmin on the beach in CA - Fotolog

Looks more like a bodyguard to me...

She seems all you say she is .... I think she could become whatever she wishes...

That picture with Jaz on the CA beach is PA lawyer with his daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom