The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-06-2015, 10:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think the suggestion is to shove the two older children front and center, but to at least include them in some family activities.

Do anyone really think at least Jazmin wouldn't love to be included?

I'm not sure Charlene would have a problem with it. Maybe not during the wedding, because Charlene did look like she was in a delicate state, but now perhaps his kids could be included once in a while.

Just saying that the man has four kids, and it's being presented as he only have two babies.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-06-2015, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I just read it to a greek site.
On Tuesday August 4 , two photographers took pictures of Jasmin in Mykonos(Greece).
One of them filed a complaint at the police station because two people personal safety of Jasmin (French origin) treatened them and took the card memo of camera.
The photographer sued for stealing their high economic value because the card containing photos and other known persons which will sell the magazines. (The summer Mykonos is full of stars).

Old 08-06-2015, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I remember reading that Jazmin keeps in contact with Stephanie's children and that she has commented on their Instagram accounts from time to time, so she is in touch with the Princely Family. But I don't think Alexandre is in touch with them at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
I think HereditaryPrincess offers a good explanation. A reigning Prince is involved and they would be at the front of the line of succession. Also, the Prince has said many times that they are part of his private life and maybe this arrangement suits everyone involved.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Thank you.
And I agree, as Albert has said himself that Jazmin and Alexandre are part of his private life, perhaps that is the reason why they are never invited to family events. I do think it would be nice if they were included though, they are his children just as much as Jacques and Gabriella are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalOutcast View Post
Thanks, but it does not explain why Stephanie's (and for that matter Antoinette's), Andrea's and Charoltte's bastard children were without question welcomed in to the family and Albert's were / ARE not...

Rainier's mother was illegitimate as is Pierre Casiraghi's wife. I do not understand the double standards.
But Andrea's (I'd prefer it if the word 'bastard' wasn't used when describing illegitimate children, because I find it quite offensive as I myself am illegitimate and it's used as an insult in my country) children are legitimate now. I think Raphael is welcomed because Charlotte and Gad are still a couple, though of course I could be wrong, as Stephanie and the father of her children aren't together.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-06-2015, 12:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
It was indeed wildly irresponsible of Albert(fathering children outside marriage)knowing everything that was at stake. It baffles me to this day. And the after-effects will be felt long after Albert is gone. I can totally see young Toussoupke becoming a thorn in the side of newly enthroned Prince Jacques Honore Rainier down the line...perhaps egged on by his mother Nicole Coste if she is still alive when it happens.

If Rainier had had any other sons besides Albert, I wonder if he would have considered replacing Albert as Heir after the discovery of Albert's two children with different women?

I agree with amaryllus and others who have posted that it is not necessary for Eric and Jazmin to be shoved front and center. For one thing, has anyone considered the feelings of his wife and Princess-Consort in this matter? Because Charlene's feelings do matter here, and I think the spectacle of having the other children in the midst of things to possibly take some of the spotlight away from her own youngsters would not be easy for her to deal with.

As always, I agree with your wise words, Moonmaiden23, especially the part about the consequences, in particular Nicole Coste pushing her son to be a thorn in Prince Jacques side as he gets older...

But what's done is done, and imho Prince Albert has done good by his two illegitimate children. He's provided for them generously, acknowledged he's the father, and as they grow older and become adults he's allowing them to be seen more publicly (e.g. 23 yr. old Jazmin). But it's really up to the adult child whether to remain private or public, and in this case Jazmin has chosen the limelight (e.g. her singing career, attending movie premieres, posing as Princess Grace in new magazine interview, etc.).

Yet for some people that's not enough, they want pictures of Jazmin & Alexandre at their father's wedding, Monaco events, the weddings of their cousins (aka Pierre & Beatrice's recent wedding), et al. Why? To satisfy public curiousity? For all we know they were there (e.g. Jazmin was at the twins' christening) but no pictures were taken. Another great example is Camille (Princess Stephanie's illegitimate daughter), she was at the wedding of her cousin Pierre, but I only saw one tiny far away picture of her.

One other important fact, it's different when a woman has a child outside of wedlock versus a man. Princess Stephanie's daughter and Charlotte Casiraghi's son were conceived in utero and birthed from their bodies with no question of who the mother is, whereas a man's paternity can be in question, thus a DNA test. A woman's children generally will always be with her, and therefore part of the woman's family. A man not so much, I'm thinking of all the illegitimate children male royals have had outside of wedlock throughout the centuries that were never even acknowleged, in fact it was an accepted practice that they would have *byblows*.

Prince Albert's a kind loving man, and imho he's done his best by his illegitimate children and will continue to do so. The only thing I'm worried about is that he will get taken advantage of, which Princess Caroline has mentioned in the past, that she worries about Albert because he is so kind, there are those out there that would take advantage of such a kind man. Thank goodness he has Princess Charlene to make sure that doesn't happen, as she seems to be a very strong woman, as well as kind & loving.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness

Useless trivia time but in the Ancient and medieval Korean court only The Kings sons by his queen could could live in palace. All sons by concubines were sent away to live. This was because a mother always protects the interests of her sons and thus herself and many atrocities and problems and plots would occur.

The more things change... Just sayin.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Shortly before his death the late Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands, Prince of Lippe-Biesterfeld (father of -then- Queen Beatrix) acknowledged his parenthood of two extramarital daughters. According to Dutch inheritance laws, his two extra-marital daughters fully shared in his inheritance, which meant that it was divided by six daughters instead of four.

Prince Bernhard was never publicly seen with his two extramarital daughters. There were some pictures here and there and that was it. They however became millionaires when he died. But that was it. They never claimed to obtain the title of a Princess, they never claimed the surname Zur Lippe-Biesterfeld, they never claimed a public role and they never requested contact with their four royal halfsisters.

Was the late Prince now a barbaric brute because his two illegitimate daughters were never seen in public aside his spouse Queen Juliana or his eldest daughter Queen Beatrix? No, that was just a conscious choice he made and I think the choices made by Prince Albert must be compared with this example. Also he has left his two extramarital children in privileged circumstances and he will use his immense network and considerable influence to help them when they request so. And that is it. We have to respect these arrangements.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Also he has left his two extramarital children in privileged circumstances and he will use his immense network and considerable influence to help them when they request so. And that is it. We have to respect these arrangements.
Such arrangements are the very least he should be making. He is their father just as much as he is the father of his baby twins, and it is his moral duty to do all he can for his older children, even if they don't request it.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don't think the suggestion is to shove the two older children front and center, but to at least include them in some family activities.

Do anyone really think at least Jazmin wouldn't love to be included?

I'm not sure Charlene would have a problem with it. Maybe not during the wedding, because Charlene did look like she was in a delicate state, but now perhaps his kids could be included once in a while.

Just saying that the man has four kids, and it's being presented as he only have two babies.
But that just isn't the case. Everyone knows that Albert has two older children besides his "official" ones...everyone.

Is it really necessary to mention them in every single story about Jacques and Gabriella? For example...." the Princely twins made a splash in their first trip to the beach this weekend. The young Marquis des Beaux and the Comtesse des Carlades-who are not Prince Albert's only children-showed off their swim prowess to their nannies and a delighted public".

Eric and Jazmin are mentioned as the older children of Prince Albert II in every news story that is exclusively about them. Their existence does not need to be reconfirmed in every article about Albert and Charlene and their children, imo.

I have to sadly agree with Nadine's comments. I sometimes wonder if the request for more information/photos about Eric and Jazmin is not simply to satiate public curiosity?
Old 08-06-2015, 10:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Such arrangements are the very least he should be making. He is their father just as much as he is the father of his baby twins, and it is his moral duty to do all he can for his older children, even if they don't request it.

He does provide for them financially.
But to include them in public events would be awkward for Charlene, even if she accepted this.

Private family events are a different matter. I'm sure Albert does make an effort to include them in these events.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
He does provide for them financially.
But to include them in public events would be awkward for Charlene, even if she accepted this.

Private family events are a different matter. I'm sure Albert does make an effort to include them in these events.
I agree about public events, at least those which relate to his role as reigning Prince. His older children have no role in such events and I suspect they would feel very uncomfortable there and it would be at least as awkward for them as it would be for Charlene. There might be some less formal occasions they could be included though, if they wanted to, but I won't speculate as to what they may be. The main thing is that they are acknowledged, and treated as part of the family at family events and not excluded. Albert seems like a kind man and I will give him the benefit of the doubt about this.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:32 AM
Courtier

If you read that interview by Jazmin then you know that she talked about family picnics etc. Go back and read it.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Commoner

I just don't think it's very fair that Albert's kids are hidden because they are illegitimate when there are so many more illegitimates being so welcomed and promoted. It is nothing to to with how Charlene might feel. Jazmin is every much his daughter as the (..) girl is Stephanies or Rafael is Charlottes.

IMO it is wrong and needs to be addressed.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

It has everything to do with how Charlene would feel. He had these affairs before her time. When she married him, right or wrong, she perhaps, does not w2ant them in her life. Her never had them in his life, except for support and, I assume, an occasional visit. And each must make their own decision. Also, he is a reigning monarch, they aren't. (..)
Old 08-07-2015, 09:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Any man (or woman) would push away his/her children because of their new spouse isn't much of a man (or woman).

LaRae
Old 08-07-2015, 09:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalOutcast View Post
I just don't think it's very fair that Albert's kids are hidden because they are illegitimate when there are so many more illegitimates being so welcomed and promoted. It is nothing to to with how Charlene might feel. Jazmin is every much his daughter as the (..) girl is Stephanies or Rafael is Charlottes.

IMO it is wrong and needs to be addressed.
They are not "hidden". Hidden children don't pose on red carpets for photogs and paps like Jazmin, nor do they give interviews for society mags in full Royal mufti, also like Jazmin.

Since Eric lives in London with his mother and is known to be Albert II's eldest son he isn't exactly hidden either.

The hard, cold fact of the matter is that neither Eric nor Jazmin are part of Albert's official family and he is not obliged to make them so. He provides lavishly for them and apparently has established relationships with them. That is a lot more than other men in his position have done in the past.

(..)
Old 08-07-2015, 11:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Any man (or woman) would push away his/her children because of their new spouse isn't much of a man (or woman).

LaRae
She is not a "new "spouse" in that they are children of previous wives. They never had a relationship as a family. They were never a family. They were children from affairs. As he has acknowledged their being his children, that he provides for them and he doesn't hide the fact, why would you expect anything else.
Old 08-08-2015, 03:42 AM
Administrator

Please remember to stay respectful towards the people you discuss, a couple of comments have been removed.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
She is not a "new "spouse" in that they are children of previous wives. They never had a relationship as a family. They were never a family. They were children from affairs. As he has acknowledged their being his children, that he provides for them and he doesn't hide the fact, why would you expect anything else.
I agree. The children stayed with their mother, as is almost always the arrangement for children born outside a legal union.

Mette-Marit and Camilla married the Crown Prince of Norway resp. the Prince of Wales and their offspring from an earlier relationship became part of their husband's family.

Tamara Rotolo and Nicole Coste never entered into marriage with Prince Albert. The one lives in Florida, the other is moving between Europe and Africa. They are just no part of the famille princière monégasque.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I do not think the Charlene to distrurb children of Albert from the past relationships.
Moreover Albert married HER, make HER princess, HER children are princes of Monaco, HER son is the heir.
Honestly does not bother me either
Old 08-08-2015, 04:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Tamara Rotolo and Nicole Coste never entered into marriage with Prince Albert. The one lives in Florida, the other is moving between Europe and Africa. They are just no part of the famille princière monégasque.
The nature of the relationship he had with the mothers, and the way the mothers have chosen to live their lives since giving birth to Albert's children, is irrelevant. It is the children we are talking about here. Albert is their father. His elder son and daughter are his children just as much as his two new babies are, and, thus, are must as much a part of his family as they are, whether he, or anyone else, likes it or not. Their lack of "legitimate" status means they cannot inherit any of the incidents of Albert's princely status, but they are his children nevertheless, and they should not be held in any lesser regard than those to whom his wife gave birth after his marriage.