The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-14-2014, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I feel unconfortable because to me the only one who might have had some contact with Albert for this birth is Jazmin... After all the controversies and fights between Prince Albert and Nicole Coste I feel Alexandre might even not know about all this...

Old 12-15-2014, 03:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
Belated CONGRATULATIONS to Jazmin & Alexandre on the birth of their half-siblings ~ twins Jacques & Gabriella.

When I saw the pictures of Stephanie's children, in particular Camille, at the twins registration in the chapel I thought of Jazmin & Alexandre, and felt sorry for them. I wish they could have been there. Illegitimacy be damned. Camille is illegitimate, as is Raphael, yet they attend family functions. Fair is fair. jmho.
I think we need to keep things in perspective.

First, Princess Stephanie's children are illegitimate and the reason for that is her business. But they are both her children and, along with their "legitimate" siblings, have lived as a family their entire lives. They have grown up with Uncle Albert and Aunt Caroline and her children. They are a close family, so why would they not be present at the twins registration?

So, it is not a question of legitimacy, but of family. Jazmin and Alexandre each have their own "families". It is not the Grimaldi family. Financially both are well provided for and both are private citizens although Jazmin is living quite a public "celebrity" life on her own terms. But it is worth remembering that had their father had been anyone other than Prince Albert, that would be the end of it.

It is utterly tasteless that "the illegitimate" children were used to rev up the media in the run-up to Albert's wedding and again during Charlene's pregnancy and yet again at the birth of the twins. Who wins? Jazmin is an adult and seems happy doing her own thing and appears to have some contact with Albert. Alexandre's mother uses her child as a weapon, still wanting her son to be proclaimed a prince. Makes me wonder.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think we need to keep things in perspective.

So, it is not a question of legitimacy, but of family. Jazmin and Alexandre each have their own "families". It is not the Grimaldi family. Financially both are well provided for and both are private citizens although Jazmin is living quite a public "celebrity" life on her own terms. But it is worth remembering that had their father had been anyone other than Prince Albert, that would be the end of it.
So, basically, you're not a part of your father's family, but hey, he's given you some money so you've nothing to complain about?

The reason they're not part of their father's family is because Albert has chosen not to include them in his family. His willingness to accept other illegitimate children publicly and openly as part of his family, including at official state events, only makes his choice not to do so with his own children the more disappointing and baffling.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

The two illégitimat children will not be the heirs of Monaco.

But He recognized them and payed for their education , Alexandre and her mother received a lot of money, N Costes had no problem of Money and Alexandre will live easily without to work all his life

Jazmin also received a lot of Money and now she is living like people posing at the most famious events in New York and she seemed very happy with this life.

Other children are not recognized by their father as Delphine Boel by her father king Albert II

The two girls of prince Bernhard never appeared during the big events in the monarchy of Niederlands.

Two children who are saying that they are the children of former king Juan Carlos are trying to sue Juan Carlos

Carlos of Bourbon Parme, Grandson of former queen Juliana and son of princess Irene has a illegitimat son , he never was present to the wedding of his father nor at the christening of the daughters of his father.

I cannot complaint Alexander and Jazmin, Albert was honest and took his responsabilities, what other princes or king did not do

Allbert said it, Alexandre will not be seen , it is a part of his privat life

Albert did not want these Children but he took his responsabilities

Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella are the children he wanted to have with Charlene, Jacques will be the future sovereign of Monaco

You must used to this.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:10 AM
Serene Highness

I do not see it healthy in case the 2 "grander siblings" will try to get in contact with their step-brother and sister .... I think, keeping the Status quo shall be maintained.
I agree with the other Posters, that this is a different Story than Raphael or Camille.

Bye Bine
Old 12-15-2014, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Everytime I hear that a child is not wanted I cringe... It's a awful thing to say... If someone doesn't want children they 'd better use birth control... I don0t get why it's so difficult to understand! And as for these children: they exisy, they are here now so once were born there was the obligation to care fot the too! They didn't ask to be born! It's so unfair that love cannot replace money.... Sorry for the rant
Old 12-15-2014, 12:57 PM
Serene Highness

We don't really know how much contact Jasmin and Alexander have with PA. I believe PA is trying to protect their privacy; especially when they are/were minors. Look how much Princess Caroline and her children hated being harassed by the media when they were young. And since they don't live with him it is more difficult for him to physically protect them. The less well-known they are the safer they will be. Wealthy, well recognized people are subject to kidnapping threats and crazy people.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:44 AM
Aristocracy

I've read some of the recent posts about these children and I must say I find it disgusting that anyone would say that PA older children are not wanted or valued because of the circumstances of their births. And some of the posters attitudes about them are disgusting. They did not ask to be born or to be born to him but they were and they are.

It does not matter that they are not heirs to the Monaco throne. Who cares? Secondly, I think the attitude that PA doesn't care about them is wrong. Jazmin attended the Princess Grace awards with her father and Charlene last year and took a picture with her and then her father took for a stroll on the dance floor sometime after I understand. I also understand he has visited her in California and and in NY and has taken her on shopping sprees. So it certainly sounds like he cares about his older kids to me. So what if it is all privately and it could be all Jazmin's doing, her wishes. And that is fine.

I also hear that she visits him in Monaco often and stays at his palace. I also read that he very protective of Jazmin.

I believe he loves his older children and that both have a good relationship with him. Prince has 4 children not just the twins. Some of you need to recognize that and accept it and forget about who is and who is not heir to the Monaco thrown because it doesn't matter.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post

I also hear that she visits him in Monaco often and stays at his palace. I also read that he very protective of Jazmin.
I don't know if she still does, but she did in the past. I know she's also very close to her cousins on Stéphanie's side. They call her cousin. Which makes of Jazmin a part of the family, even if it's not on official events

Queen Mathilde
Old 12-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, Albert is a father of 4 now and I hope he remains in the life if his first two children as he will be for his newborns.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-23-2014, 03:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:

First, Princess Stephanie's children are illegitimate and the reason for that is her business.

Minor point - Only Camille is "illegitimate", Louis and Pauline became legitimate when their parents married.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_ View Post
I don't know if she still does, but she did in the past. I know she's also very close to her cousins on Stéphanie's side. They call her cousin. Which makes of Jazmin a part of the family, even if it's not on official events
Jazmin has also stayed in Monaco with Caroline and her other cousins when Albert wasn't in Monaco. I believe she was under 18 at the time. I have also said it before that Jazmin and Alex have a good relationship with Albert and each other. The words used they are a family and that includes Charlene.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
Minor point - Only Camille is "illegitimate", Louis and Pauline became legitimate when their parents married.
That post was a reply to a poster complaining that Albert was ignoring his illegitimate children Jazmin and Alexandre, but that Camille (and Rapheal) was present a the church service when she is illigitemate. I was merely pointing out that ligitemacy was not relevant but rather family and Camille was Albert's niece.

I find myself confounded that rather than being applauded for taking responsibility for his children, which has involved creating a lifestyle for their mothers to support them in wealth, Albert is pilloried for not including them in every aspect of his life. But they are not his immediate family.

We do know that Albert never intended to father either of those children but stepped up when his paternity was confirmed. His relationship with Jazmin's mother seems to have been relatively civil but unfortunately, the same cannot be said of Alexandre's mother, who only recently was stirring up a fuss about her child being a prince and should be the heir. She expected Albert to marry her and not Charlene and, from what is known about the relationship, marriage was never Albert's intent.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think regardless of the situation of their births, Albert's two older children should be involved in his life. It's great that they are being financially supported by their father but it really don't mean much if he's not involved in their lives. Albert is the dad no matter what.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-24-2014, 04:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
That post was a reply to a poster complaining that Albert was ignoring his illegitimate children Jazmin and Alexandre, but that Camille (and Rapheal) was present a the church service when she is illigitemate. I was merely pointing out that ligitemacy was not relevant but rather family and Camille was Albert's niece.

I find myself confounded that rather than being applauded for taking responsibility for his children, which has involved creating a lifestyle for their mothers to support them in wealth, Albert is pilloried for not including them in every aspect of his life. But they are not his immediate family.

We do know that Albert never intended to father either of those children but stepped up when his paternity was confirmed. His relationship with Jazmin's mother seems to have been relatively civil but unfortunately, the same cannot be said of Alexandre's mother, who only recently was stirring up a fuss about her child being a prince and should be the heir. She expected Albert to marry her and not Charlene and, from what is known about the relationship, marriage was never Albert's intent.
Of course they are his immediate family. They're his children. It doesn't get more immediate than that.

His relationship with their respective mothers and/or whether he intended to have children with them is completely irrelevant: He does have children. They're his kids, as much as the new twins are. Of course they should be included in every element of his life, up to the point where they are comfortable. (I would understand if Jazmin didn't want to come to official events, but if she's not invited and given the option, I consider that a gross moral failing of Prince Albert)

He doesn't get pats on the head for meeting the minimum standards as a parent. There is so much more to being a responsible father than providing money.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:11 AM
Serene Highness

We can only comment on public events as no one knows how often Albert sees his illegitimate children privately. I think its important not to forget that if they started turning up at every event in Monaco just to look like they are part of Albert's family that would probably lead to massive media coverage and been seen as making them 'fair game' for the press to photograph and comment on. Maybe although it seems unfair Albert is actually doing them a kindness.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
We can only comment on public events as no one knows how often Albert sees his illegitimate children privately. I think its important not to forget that if they started turning up at every event in Monaco just to look like they are part of Albert's family that would probably lead to massive media coverage and been seen as making them 'fair game' for the press to photograph and comment on. Maybe although it seems unfair Albert is actually doing them a kindness.
Stephanie kept her children away from almost all public events for many years, and using that as a measure of how involved in their lives she was would be silly. Also, any coverage of Albert's first two children at public events would no doubt harp on the fact that they are "illegitimate," which could easily be hurtful to the children.

We just don't have all the facts here, to make a fair judgement.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

I follow Pauline Ducruet on Instagram and on Christmas Day she posted an image of her with her mum and siblings. Jazmin commented under it "Happy Christmas! Give my love to everyone!"

I think she has a personal relationship with her paternal family it's just kept very private.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I follow Pauline Ducruet on Instagram and on Christmas Day she posted an image of her with her mum and siblings. Jazmin commented under it "Happy Christmas! Give my love to everyone!"

I think she has a personal relationship with her paternal family it's just kept very private.
That is lovely. Thanks for posting.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post

I have always suspected that this is true. I think Jazmin and Albert are close enough that she has more actual contact with her paternal family than the public suspects.

It is young Alexandre that I really feel sad for. Through no fault of his own he now has limited or no contact with his father or his paternal family.