The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-31-2014, 10:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
If Albert wishes to have have a public relationship (or private relationship for that matter) with his daughter, and they both agree to do so, it should because they want to.

Neither is under no obligation IMO to show the world that they have a relationship. Being seen and photographed with your children (particularly if you area public persona) doesn't mean you are a good parent.
I agree. I just hope he's not trying to hide her on purpose.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
If Albert wishes to have have a public relationship (or private relationship for that matter) with his daughter, and they both agree to do so, it should because they want to.

Neither is under no obligation IMO to show the world that they have a relationship. Being seen and photographed with your children (particularly if you area public persona) doesn't mean you are a good parent.

Leave it to Zonk to always make the most sense. I 100% agree!

Old 05-31-2014, 12:18 PM
Serene Highness

I think you all are missing the point about inheriting the throne. It's not about what the potential heirs want. It is about what the Monegasques want. I think if all of the legitimate Grimaldis were wiped out they would chose to become a democratic nation before picking Jasmine or Alexander. That is currently what their Constitution says. They have thought about this alot more than we have.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:26 PM
Majesty

I am certainly not missing the point FoM...I agree with you 100%!

I've said before that I cannot see Jazmin or her little half-brother Alexandre being acceptable to the Monagasques, for many reasons.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:24 PM
Aristocracy

I stand by what I have said previously. I'm not going to debate or argue about this. Many of you here want these children punished for being born and it's cruel not to mention ridiculous! This is about not the throne. Who cares about that? That is so unimportant!

Those are his children and Albert should be proud and not try to hide them. Children are a blessing!

And yes, it may be Jazmin who wants the privacy. We don't know and we won't. But I hope he is not afraid to have her on his arm in public at events. That is all I'm pointing out. She's lovely and an awesome student from what I read and a lot like him as far as being a humanitarian. Those children are blessed and so is Prince Albert.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:35 PM
Aristocracy

Nobody wants to see Jazmine and Alexandre "punished" for being born -- they are innocent in all this. But it's not our business to prescribe to PA how he should conduct his relationships with them. That's a private matter between them. He is certainly not ashamed of them either and has ensured they are well taken care of. He has a life to lead with big responsibilities, a wife and soon a family of his own. Whatever opportunity he has to spend with these two kids, I'm sure he does.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:18 PM
Majesty

I in no way want them punished for being born. And I honestly haven't read that sentiment expressed any where on this thread.

What I have seen posters express is that we don't know the particulars of Albert's relationship with his natural children. And if such a relationship does not exist, it cannot be forced into existence. It's sad that due to choices that their father and their mothers made they were deprived of a traditional upbringing with two parents present. It is what it is, and that is simply the way the ball bounces.

But they are loved and comfortable and secure which places them miles ahead of other kids in similar circumstances.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:25 PM
Heir Apparent

The two children by Prince Albert are very, very privileged. Millions of children in the world can only dream of being in their circumstances. In the UK and the USA the divorce rate is staggering, as is the number of one-parent families or those underaged moms we see on MTV. Compared with these babies, Albert's two kids have nothing to complain, really nothing.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:42 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The two children by Prince Albert are very, very privileged. Millions of children in the world can only dream of being in their circumstances. In the UK and the USA the divorce rate is staggering, as is the number of one-parent families or those underaged moms we see on MTV. Compared with these babies, Albert's two kids have nothing to complain, really nothing.
I don't believe anyone thinks they are in anyway under privileged. However, there is no denying that they will not receive equal treatment with the new baby.

I just read the DM article of a few days ago and I see that the boy's mother claims that she has been fighting for his rights, though she doesn't say where she has taken his case or what specifically she has done in her "tireless efforts." And apparently she can't understand why taking the kid to a different country should make it more difficult for his father to see him as often as before.

I agree with many of the posters to that article that she hasn't done herself any favors with her attack on Charlene and Albert.

Ana
Old 06-01-2014, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent

It is just the DM, take it with two grains of salt. It is just momma feeling sidelined and missing the égards, the privileges and the prominence she enjoyed as companion to the Prince.

Note that this complaining lady, with an unsuccesful career as designer and an ailing company, lives in Knightsbridge, one of London's most posh neighbourhoods, where the costs of life are astronomic. She is not exactly the forgotten old flame living in a 17th floor council appartment in one of those dreadful banlieues, forgotten by all and everyone.

Alexandre is born with a golden spoon in his mouth. He will be able to go to the best schools in the UK, France or Switzerland. He remains the son of the Prince de Monaco, all his life he will be able to use dad's connections and network to his benefit. Really, all this is more a cry for attention from momma, missing the red carpet, denying Charlène her place and maybe even thinking that her boy should be the future Prince.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I stand by what I have said previously. I'm not going to debate or argue about this. Many of you here want these children punished for being born and it's cruel not to mention ridiculous! This is about not the throne. Who cares about that? That is so unimportant!

Those are his children and Albert should be proud and not try to hide them. Children are a blessing!

And yes, it may be Jazmin who wants the privacy. We don't know and we won't. But I hope he is not afraid to have her on his arm in public at events. That is all I'm pointing out. She's lovely and an awesome student from what I read and a lot like him as far as being a humanitarian. Those children are blessed and so is Prince Albert.
It doesn't look like he has been hiding her to me. Princess Grace Awards
photo 2 photo 3 with Christ Levine (Kelly)

Someone posted something to the effect that the courts made Albert acknowledge the children. They were never involved but Tamara did file a Paternity Suit against Albert however it was thrown out.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Majesty

All this kerfuffle because he didn't attend his daughter's graduation. How wierd is that, thousands of divorced parents find themselves in the same unenviable situations.

I think the announcement of Charlene's upcoming "Happy Event" and specualation as to her health could possibly have kept Albert close to home. Just a thought.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Aristocracy

Wait. Has Jazmin graduated from college already this month?
Old 06-02-2014, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
All this kerfuffle because he didn't attend his daughter's graduation. How wierd is that, thousands of divorced parents find themselves in the same unenviable situations.

I think the announcement of Charlene's upcoming "Happy Event" and specualation as to her health could possibly have kept Albert close to home. Just a thought.
I agree with you Marg and would hope Albert wouldn't be a 9 hour flight away from Charlene right now especially since her brother said she was having a hard time getting pregnant. My childs father didn't attend our daughters graduation either. While it might have been nice for Albert to be at Jazmins it would have been a distraction from the ceremony itself not to mention a Secret Service nightmare.

For those American's who aren't aware of it as soon as Alberts plane touches down until he leaves Secret Service are assigned not only to him but Charlene when she comes with him. With that said remember your taxes are hard at work paying for those photo shoots some of you want. When Albert comes here everyone who lives in the Condominiums has to go through a complete security screening to get into their own homes.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
I agree with you Marg and would hope Albert wouldn't be a 9 hour flight away from Charlene right now especially since her brother said she was having a hard time getting pregnant. My childs father didn't attend our daughters graduation either. While it might have been nice for Albert to be at Jazmins it would have been a distraction from the ceremony itself not to mention a Secret Service nightmare.

For those American's who aren't aware of it as soon as Alberts plane touches down until he leaves Secret Service are assigned not only to him but Charlene when she comes with him. With that said remember your taxes are hard at work paying for those photo shoots some of you want. When Albert comes here everyone who lives in the Condominiums has to go through a complete security screening to get into their own homes.
What you say makes since. I think many are being hard on him but he also missed her high school graduation and it looks very bad.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post

He said that?
Old 06-02-2014, 01:17 PM
Serene Highness

Charlene's family seems to have foot-in-mouth disease...
Old 06-14-2014, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

The European Court of Human Rights says a French court was wrong to convict Paris-Match magazine for revealing that Monaco's Prince Albert II had a love child in 2005. The public interest outweighed privacy arguments in the case, the ECHR ruled.
After the Paris-Match article appeared, in May 2005, the prince sued the magazine, but later acknowledged that the child was his.
BBC News - European court backs Monaco royal love child story
Old 06-19-2014, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Jazmin Grace attended the screening of Lullaby at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City on June 11:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 06-19-2014, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't like much her hairstyle but she is immensely likeable !!!