Prince Albert's Older Children Part 1: 2009 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will believe that Jazmin was at the christening of the babies when I will see photos of Jazmin present to the baptism of the babies
The newspaper said that she called by phon, it is not a proof.

But why would she lie? It's not like she has anything to gain from it. Plus we know she has a relationship with her father, so it's not surprising (or unusual) for her to have been there.

But why would she lie? It's not like she has anything to gain from it. Plus we know she has a relationship with her father, so it's not surprising (or unusual) for her to have been there.

There is absolutely no reason for her to lie - frankly, it would be stupid of her to do so. If she says she was there, she probably was.

I must say I didn't particularly like the photos - I think trying to channel Grace didn't really work. But if she wants to give an interview and maybe drum up some publicity for the career she wants to follow, why not?

Everything she said was perfectly anodyne and positive about Monaco, her father and her siblings; she could after all, have been less than positive had she wanted.

There is absolutely no reason for her to lie - frankly, it would be stupid of her to do so. If she says she was there, she probably was.

I must say I didn't particularly like the photos - I think trying to channel Grace didn't really work. But if she wants to give an interview and maybe drum up some publicity for the career she wants to follow, why not?

Everything she said was perfectly anodyne and positive about Monaco, her father and her siblings; she could after all, have been less than positive had she wanted.

I paid no attention to the photos really so I didn't care. But to me they are fine. I don't see a problem. I am happy for her and that she set some things straight. She is a Grimaldi, a part of the family and she has a relationship with her father. I also like the fact that she splits her time between the US and Monaco. That says a lot right there.

I love the photo spread. The gowns are gorgeous and the pictures are beautifully styled. It's a fitting tribute to her grandmother -- and why not!? Jasmine has never looked so glamorous, because I normally don't like her fashion choices much.

And the interview was an eye-opener, in my opinion. She sounds lovely and cheerful, and she's "working" it. You go, girl! ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous: She did sound joyful and that's why I hated the photos the magazine printed. They are awful and she is a lovely young woman. My only complaint is with the magazine, not Jazmin.

I love the photo spread. The gowns are gorgeous and the pictures are beautifully styled. It's a fitting tribute to her grandmother -- and why not!? Jasmine has never looked so glamorous, because I normally don't like her fashion choices much.

And the interview was an eye-opener, in my opinion. She sounds lovely and cheerful, and she's "working" it. You go, girl! ?

I agree, I liked the photos, thought it was a good spread and showed her in a different light than she usually shows herself.

I also think that her playing up her Grace Kelly connection is a wise move. She doesn't seem to overplay her connection to her royal parent too much - I would say she does so less than the Casiraghis, Phillips, Parker-Bowles, or Middletons do with their royal family connections - and the answers she's given when asked about them have been the typical polite, not overly detailed type of answers that you'd expect from a royal collateral.

Her playing up her Grace Kelly connection is business smart; Grace Kelly was a significant American movie star whose name still resonates today. Jazmin wants to have an acting career, so emphasizing her connection to someone who continues to be remembered in the American film industry is smart business. It's no different than what's happened with many other children and grandchildren of celebrities in the past - Michael Douglas, Kiefer Sutherland, Liv Tyler, Jamie Lee Curtis, Carrie Fisher, Natasha and Joely Richardson, Gwyneth Paltrow, etc, all did similar.

I thought the pictures were fine. And it may not have been her idea. Stop being so judgmental! Good Grief!!

For some of you anything this girl does is wrong or you'll find something wrong with it.

My first thought was that the photos were not in fact Jazmin's idea, but the director of the photo shoot's. She seems rather nice and easy going, maybe even a bit naïve. It was probably not a difficult thing to persuade her to go along with what was really not a very good idea.

I think she was taken advantage of.:ermm:

My first thought was that the photos were not in fact Jazmin's idea, but the director of the photo shoot's. She seems rather nice and easy going, maybe even a bit naïve. It was probably not a difficult thing to persuade her to go along with what was really not a very good idea.

I think she was taken advantage of.:ermm:

I respectfully beg to differ. Jazmin comes across as an intelligent and confident young woman -- certainly not naïve. And the photo spread / interview was a great idea! To now say that she was taken advantage of is simply presumptuous.

Working in the industry I can assure you that it takes weeks -- months even -- to plan a high fashion production like this, and there are many people involved. The creative direction had to be very clear from the beginning, and she (Jazmin) and her "people" had to be in on it, too.

There's absolute nothing wrong with using her heritage to boost her career, and she looked fabulous. The interview was warm and sincere. Overall, a smart move and something to be proud of.

:previous:I fail to see how swanning about in ballgowns in a weak imitation of ones' legendary film star grandmother is a boost to Jazmin's "career" such as it is. If Hollywood soon starts beating down her doors with offers as a result of this spread I'll eat my words.

Otherwise all it's done is make her seem as if she is capitalizing on the memory of a woman who she bears no physical resemblance to despite the family connection.

I was giving her the benefit of the doubt by assuming that she had been manipulated. Frankly if she did this on her own initiative assuming it would be some sort of great career move she is not as bright as I originally imagined she was. She looks silly as heck, imo.

We will agree to disagree Victoria's Secret.

ETA: It's the photos I find objectionable, not the interview itself.

Last edited:
Obviously father did not have a problem with this because the interview and shoot was done in Monaco at the palace I think.

Euh.... even in the Principauté de Monaco adults do not need anyone's permission to do an interview... And this was clearly not shot in Monaco. The interiors and the garden pictures look Italian to me, not French or provençal at all.

My problem with the pictures are that you see a young lady in a ballgown and then: Michael Kors Collection dress, $3,795, shopBAZAAR.com; Ana Khouri hairpin, $21,600, Barneys New York, 888-8-BARNEYS; Van Cleef & Arpels earrings, $52,000, 877-VAN-CLEEF; Effy Jewelry ring, $3,500, effyjewelry.com; Tabitha Simmons shoes, $775, tabithasimmons.com.

It is an interview with a lady who would never ever be asked to model, because of her mediocre looks, but is fully exploiting her late grandmother's memory to the maximum to sell products. That is the tackiness and the vulgarity about it.

^^^^ mediocre looks? ouch....

I think the article is interesting and worth reading because it seems to remove any doubt that Jazmin is a part of Albert's family, and seems to have a good relationship with her father and step-mother and her half-siblings, and I think that's fabulous.

But I feel quite uncomfortable looking at those photographs. I don't think they are tacky at all, but Jazmin looks absolutely nothing like her beautiful grandmother. I think that Jazmin looks like Lady Gaga in those photos, and I feel a tad embarrassed for her. I don't think it was kind to dress her like that and pose her in that 50s manner dressed in 50s style outfits. I think the photoshoot serves to compare and contrast, in a way that is not flattering to Jazmin. I think it was a mistake, but I don't think any less of her for it. I think she is the exploitee, not the exploiter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't get it sometimes, she'd be crucified if she tried to look like Grace and when she doesn't it's an issue.

It's harpers bazar online, the descriptions of the outfits will come up like that. In the paper copy it would have been completely different.

It's lovely that she's clearly part of Alberts family and people are going to be interested in her.

Are people interested in her? Or was it a handy opportunity for Harper's Bazar to build a frame for selling fashion, bijoux, perfume, accessoires and shoes?

The point is that the photos were bad and embarissing. The interview was actually quite lovely, and I have no issues with that. The photos, on the other hand, seemed to scream" I am the next Grace Kelly, just look at me and see how glamourous I am". But she is not. She'd rather resemble LadyGaga. And she has nothing of Grace. Let's be honest, she is not a beauty and more natural photos would have done wonders for her. I agree with those posters who say they felt embarassed to look at the pics, because it almost looked like the photographer was making fun of her by "faking" any resemblance to her grandmother and was trying to make her look ridiculous... That's the point. She is an adult now, young but adult, and I wonder what she thought after having seen the photos. I would not have agreed on that had I been her... I would have just pose with natural but tidy hair, light but flattering make-up and a fresh frock.

It could be that as a *condition* of doing the interview, Jazmin was obligated to dress up like her iconic late paternal grandmother.

I feel sorry for her, especially now that she's a young adult and finding her way in this world, and being the illegitimate daughter of a Prince doesn't help. Being a beauty would've definitely helped, but what she's got going for her is her incredible voice and great personality. :) Also, I give her props for choosing a career in entertainment. That takes guts. She has to have a tough skin, knowing the criticism she will face. Rather, she could've opted for a nice quiet non-public life, never seen or heard, nor bothered by the public. But she chose the former. I wish her well.

While TRF is a place where we often comment on peoples looks I'm very uncomfortable with how we in this thread basically have sunken to the depths of calling a young woman ugly.

While TRF is a place where we often comment on peoples looks I'm very uncomfortable with how we in this thread basically have sunken to the depths of calling a young woman ugly.

Sorry, but I am not calling her out because of her looks, god forbid it! But rather because she thought it was a good idea to imitate Grace with her looks. She might be smart and have a lovely character, that's undenyable ad the interview was lovely too. But I wish she had thought twice before taking those pics. I am sure that it is nobody's intention to mock her, but merely to point out that she didn't cut a fine figure. That's my opinion.

Well, I don't think the word "ugly" has been used but I agree that some of the comments about her looks have been a little unkind. Personally, I think she's a pretty young lady in a wholesome, girl next door kind of way. But I don't think she resembles Princess Grace at all so I didn't presenting her in that way worked - I don't think it was tacky or sensationalist, they just didn't work for me.

As for the interview if was fine and I have no problem with her giving interviews - it was nice to hear her perspective.

I think the article is interesting and worth reading because it seems to remove any doubt that Jazmin is a part of Albert's family, and seems to have a good relationship with her father and step-mother and her half-siblings, and I think that's fabulous.

But I feel quite uncomfortable looking at those photographs. I don't think they are tacky at all, but Jazmin looks absolutely nothing like her beautiful grandmother. I think that Jazmin looks like Lady Gaga in those photos, and I feel a tad embarrassed for her. I don't think it was kind to dress her like that and pose her in that 50s manner dressed in 50s style outfits. I think the photoshoot serves to compare and contrast, in a way that is not flattering to Jazmin. I think it was a mistake, but I don't think any less of her for it. I think she is the exploitee, not the exploiter.

That's exactly what I expressed and what I still feel. The response was that I was being "presumptuous":cool:.

For the record, I think Jazmin is pretty and she seems very sweet. So what if she does not possess Grace Kelly's level of beauty? Other than Princess Caroline and Charlotte Casiraghi, there are no women that fortunate.

The most valuable thing I got from the article was the interview. It confirmed my suspicion that Albert has a close and private relationship with his eldest child, and that is the way it should be.

Last edited:

Where was that stated? That she has been called "ugly"? Show it.

What was stated is that Yazmin looked mediocre. This word means: just moderate, average, nothing special. This has led to an assumption that Yazmin only got the whole prestigious reportage in Harper's Bazar because they could frame it with Grace Kelly as eyecatcher. That is really not the same as calling a young woman ugly. That last is for your account.

Last edited:
Jazmin can use her status as a daughter of a Sovereign Prince to do some amazing things for people. Getting involved with a couple of charitable foundations and other organizations would be good for her.

Jazmin can use her status as a daughter of a Sovereign Prince to do some amazing things for people. Getting involved with a couple of charitable foundations and other organizations would be good for her.

Doesn't she already have her own foundation- The Jazimn Fund? I think it helps children from Fiji on various levels (education, health, etc.). I think she set it up when she was just like 14 or a little older than that :D

Doesn't she already have her own foundation- The Jazimn Fund? I think it helps children from Fiji on various levels (education, health, etc.). I think she set it up when she was just like 14 or a little older than that :D

That's a beautiful start. There's an interest in her, she can use that interest to do some amazing things here in America and elsewhere.

As always please remember to stay respectful towards the persons you discuss - thank you!

The article also says or one of them, I think it's "Hello" says, that Prince Albert is very protective of Jazmin.

:previous: Nice photos! Thanks, iceflower. :flowers:

Jazmin has a lovely smile, and I think she looks good in these outfits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom