The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-26-2014, 10:54 PM
Serene Highness

Her method is questionable, but why should she lie? He probably pays alimony, but that was it :/ Curious how this will continue.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 04-27-2014, 02:44 AM
Gentry

I do not agree with Nicole talking to the press, this will not help her relationship with the princely couple.
This is a difficult situation that needs to be dealt with before the Princely couple have their own children. As legitimate children of Albert & Charlene, they will get a lot of attention both in public and in private. This might make the little boy feel even more "rejected".
The real problem with illegitimate royal children is how does one make them feel part of the family?
After his children became public knowledge, I think the kids should have been seen with Albert a lot more not on official events but maybe on vacation, taking a walk. Of course the children's privacy is important put this sort of public acknowledgement goes a long way in making a child feel accepted and not think of themselves as a " dirty little secret". This is why I loved it when Charlene and Albert were pictured with Jazmin when they were in New York, that sort of public acknowledgement goes a long way with the public accepting her, not as his heir but as his child, whom he loves.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:29 AM
Heir Apparent

The poor thing of all this is that it will only widen the gap between Prince Albert and the mother. Going public is a big no-no. The alleged illegitimate daughter of the Belgian King Albert II went public. Result: she has become a persona-non-grata at the Court.

The two illegitimate daughters of the late Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands, Alicia de Bielefelde and Alexia Lejeune-Grinda, never sought the public. Result: when the Prince died, they fully shared in their father's inheritance together with their four halfsisters Beatrix, Irene, Margriet and Christina.

Morale of the story: never hang the dirty linen out of the royal window. The mother could have sought contact with sisters of Prince Albert, maybe with Charlène and try to find a solution. Going public has the same effect as blowing up bridges.

Having said that, the Daily Fail, is notorious and known for blowing up stories out of all proportions. Only one side of the story is told, not what happened from the point of view of the palais princier. Let us keep that in the eye.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Very poor from Nicole to go public. You should not bite the hand that is feeding you. And even if this is true, ALBERT is the parent, he is a grown man, why indirectly putting the blame on Charlene's feet.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Interesting that some fellow posters lay the blame completely at the doorstep of Prince Albert after only reading the mother's laments in a daily rag newspaper. What do we know about agreements made between father and mother? The article more or less hints that all went well unless Prince Albert married Charlène. We do not have a complete overview. Were there agreements between the two sides? Was there an agreed confidentiality, an agreed financial settlement, etc. in turn for keeping out of the public eye? We have no idea and then it is diffficult to have a good judgement.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Isn't Nicole Coste a former flight assistant?
And why is she complaining with the press? It won't change anythin IMO
Old 04-27-2014, 09:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

While I understand her frustration that Albert doesn't see his son as much as she would like him to, I am utterly disgusted with the implication that this has something to do with Charlene. This will never have anything to do with Charlene. It is Albert's - and only Albert's - choice whether he wants to be a douche not to visit his son. Very distasteful, Nicole, very distasteful.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Well are you surprise? Nicole hasn't been "correct" these years starting with the "coming out" when Rainier had just died
Old 04-27-2014, 10:06 AM

She is doing "look at me , "poor me" , made it harder for him now to regularly see his son by moving away :/ then blaming the "wife" , how many woman do this every day ?
Old 04-27-2014, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

And what about attacking Charlene and stating she is not a goldigger and giving away gross details of her intimate relationship with Albert?
I'm aware it's a bad thing to say but she definitely seem to exploit and use her poor child, who is actually the only victim of all this !
Old 04-27-2014, 10:15 AM

Gives her "designer label" free publicity , if she meant it she would get legal advise and leave them alone and organised her son to see his dad. She knew he had kids and saw them
long time before they married, may even of looked after them.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

And of course, it has nothing to do with her moving to London.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:21 AM
Heir Apparent

I dont' want to make comparison but Tamara could complain too but you've never heard her telling something to the press!
Nicole is not able to keep a low profile and find justice for her son without calling on media
Old 04-27-2014, 10:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I highly doubt that public shaming will make Prince Albert see his son on a more regular basis.

Well, it worked initially. She got a settlement and an official statement from PA recognizing their son. Maybe Nicole feels it will work again?

A few surprises. I didn't realize Nicole had relocated from Villefranche to London and I didn't know she had become a successful designer. And I also didn't know that Alexandre now carries the Grimaldi surname. I thought this had been refused to him even though Jazmin is allowed to use it. I am glad Alexandre uses it now as well. It's his right too.

This is all very sad, such a mess. The only one I feel sorry for here is that beautiful boy. He is suffering the consequences because two adults behaved irresponsibly and selfishly.
Old 04-27-2014, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

When the father has acknowledged parenthood, the children can take the paternal surname when desired.

Not all do, by the way. The two extramarital daughters of the late Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands do not use the title and surname Princess von Lippe-Biesterfeld (Alicia de Bielefelde, Alexia Lejeune-Grinda). The extramarital son of Prince Carlos de Bourbon de Parme, Duke of Parma does not use the title and surname Prince de Bourbon de Parme (Carlos Klynstra).
Old 04-27-2014, 11:14 AM
Majesty

That's what I believed as well. But when the news about Alexandre was first made public, it was explicitly made clear that he would not be in the line of Succession or bear the Grimaldi name.

I understand about the Succession. The Constitution makes it clear that only legitimized children can inherit the Throne. But the surname issue was strange to me, given that Jazmin Rotolo was permitted to use it.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Well, it worked initially. She got a settlement and an official statement from PA recognizing their son. Maybe Nicole feels it will work again?

A few surprises. I didn't realize Nicole had relocated from Villefranche to London and I didn't know she had become a successful designer. And I also didn't know that Alexandre now carries the Grimaldi surname. I thought this had been refused to him even though Jazmin is allowed to use it. I am glad Alexandre uses it now as well. It's his right too.

This is all very sad, such a mess. The only one I feel sorry for here is that beautiful boy. He is suffering the consequences because two adults behaved irresponsibly and selfishly.
Going to the press first time worked because of shock value of the announcement. The second interview may fail to produce desired results. Furthermore, this interview may be viewed as an attempt to corner Prince Albert and make him do something for Ms. Coste.
It is hard to tell how successful her fashion house/atelier is, and most of fashion designers often operate at loss.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:36 PM
Majesty

If she is hoping to shock Albert into "doing something for her" I think she is wasting her time. He strikes me as someone who is not easily shocked OR shamed quite frankly, and that applies to the entire Grimaldi clan.

And Nicole received a very substantial payout from PA's lawyers after Rainier died and she went public. Enough $$ where she will never need to worry about money again in her life. Alexandre legally will share Albert's fortune after Albert dies.

Financially Nicole's future and the future of her son are assured. I don't think it's money that is motiving her here. I think she is genuinely upset over her boy's lack of access to his father, but I think she is also bitterly jealous of Charlene and seeking to make her the scapegoat for the situation she finds herself in.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

If she lives in a £7million house in Knightsbridge then its clear Albert has been very generous to her already. It sounds to me that she wants to drum up publicity for her fashion label.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:29 PM
Serene Highness

She obviously doesn't care about the child's feelings or she wouldn't have gone public. This article was to promote herself only.