Prince Albert's Older Children Part 1: 2009 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Welcome to the Prince Albert's Children thread to post pictures and discuss Jazmin Grace Grimaldi and Alexandre Coste.​

Please note the following:

* Posts rehashing old events including comments regarding the amount of time Albert spends with kids as well as discussions regarding the motives of his mothers and the bashing of children's mothers will be DELETED WITHOUT NOTICE.

Thank you!

Monaco Forum Moderators

This will be an interesting thread! I would like to see more pictures of both children so if anyone has any, please post away !! :eek:)

I hope we are all civil and remember that we are dealing with two innocent children. I would like to know if they are doing fine in school. they are both very lovely children.

http://timo54.suntuubi.com/datafiles/userfiles/Image/Jazmin Grace.jpg

Jazmin Rotolo was born on March 4, 1992 in Palm Springs, Riverside County, California, United States. She is the elder of the two known illegitimate children of Prince Albert II of Monaco. Her mother is Tamara Rotolo, and her paternal grandparents were Prince Rainier III and Princess Grace.

Jazmin Grace is described to the press as a “mature, sweet and intelligent" girl. At 14 years of age, she graduated from St. Margaret’s Episcopal School in Palm Springs, California, She now attends Jserra Catholic Highschool in Orange County, California, where she has been an honor student.She also was a soloist in a school choir that performed with singer Barry Manilow.

In November 2006, Jazmin Grace visited eight islands in Fijion a humanitarian mission to help bring the local children assistance in education, medicine, and community development. One of her stops was at a school for the disabled and she donated 30,000 prenatal vitamins to the Savusavu Hospital on the island of Vanua Levu. She has also established a humanitarian fund for the region called Jazmin Fund.

Information from Wiki.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c0/Alexandre_coste.jpg

Alexandre Éric Stéphane Coste (born 24 August 2003 in Paris) is the son of Albert II, Prince of Monaco and Nicole Coste, a native of Togo in west Africa. His paternal grandparents were the late Rainier III, Prince of Monaco and Princess Grace.

Alexandre lives in France with his mother. They share an estate provided and secured by his father near Monaco (Villefranche-sur-Mer).

On 6 July 2005, six days before he was enthroned on 12 July, Albert officially confirmed his paternity of the child, via a statement released by his lawyer Thierry Lacoste.

Information again from Wiki.

:flowers:

Nice pic of Jazmin! was that a photoshoot or something?

Thanks for the pics! She looks so beautiful! And she seems to be a really nice girl.

As a reminder: As you can read in the opening post of this
thread: This thread is not meant as a place to recapitulate
the children's past and their old events, so please don't repost
those things, they can already be found in the old already closed
threads of both children here and in the Current Events Archive!

Thanks,
Iceflower
Monaco Forum Moderator

Glistening Seas

:hellokitty: It's so nice to see that Jazmin is an honor student!!

:candycane: the several photo ops that have appeared have been terrific Jazmin is very photogenic it seems! The jacket is fab love the sleeves on that outfit. Also it's nice to see she has Pss. Grace's smile!

:candycane:Alexander appears to be an extremely handsome little boy. :harvest:

:hellokitty: It's so nice to see that Jazmin is an honor student!!

:candycane: the several photo ops that have appeared have been terrific Jazmin is very photogenic it seems! The jacket is fab love the sleeves on that outfit. Also it's nice to see she has Pss. Grace's smile!

:candycane:Alexander appears to be an extremely handsome little boy. :harvest:
I agree about Jaz being an honours student.
Brava!

Both children are lovely. I do have to say that as a child, I resided in southern California. At the time of Jazmin Grace's birth I had heard Prince Albert had a daughter and in detail about Ms. Rotolo and Jazmin. Then all of a sudden I did not hear anything. Years later, when Nicole Coste was in Paris Match announcing the birth of Alexandre' two years earlier, I thought "wow, it must be true about the little girl living in California". Directly, after Ms. Coste's announcement, Prince Albert started dating Charlene Wittstock. I wondered if he felt pressure to date an "acceptable white woman" after that. Any ideas?

I doubt it. The first question would be; pressure from who? He's the king of his little hill and doesn't have to answer to anyone. As far as public expectations go, he has shown no indication of caving to the pressure to get married. I would also tend to doubt there is any racism involved. Baron de Massy's wife or ex-wife (whichever she is) seems perfectly accepted in the elite circles, Prince Max of Liechtenstein married an African-American woman and as far as who they date none of the Grimaldis have displayed any indication, in my view, that they care in the slightest about what other people think. They all seem to go their own way, regardless of the chattering classes and do not limit themselves to the elites of society.
:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had not seen photos of Prince Albert's children before this, so thanks for posting them here. They seem like bright and adorable kids- I wish them every happiness the world has to offer. cheers!

France, Belgium and Monaco are probably the least likely countries to object to people of colour. Prince Rainier's mother Charlotte was of African descent, but it did not matter when she was called upon to take over the throne of Monaco.

There are 65 French-speaking countries in the world, and they have proudly formed themselves into the "Francophonie". Every year, a new President is elected, and more often than not it is someone from Africa. France, Belgium, Monaco and others each have a Minister for the Francophonie, as have other french-speaking countries.

No, sir, I certainly did not mean Prince Albert or his family was racist. I am sorry if you felt this was my intent. Remember, he did not marry Ms. Rotolo either.
What I meant was pressure from the "people" of Monaco so-to-speak. In regards to Baron de Massy and Prince Max, neither are the ruler. For instance, Prince Joachim could marry Alexandra Manley, but perhaps not Crown Prince Frederik. I am not saying race, but other factors. More is expected of the sovereign or the direct heir.

as a bi racial person my mother is black my father is french I wish Eric/ Alexandre all the best/.......I wonder though if he was white .. could he / albert pave his
way to the Grimaldi throne. I would love a obama on the throne

His race has nothing to do with it, his mother's actions and the way he came into the world would be. A Sovereign Prince must be of legitimate birth according to the law. Princess Charlotte was legitimized but in her case her Louis II said, and many Monegasque belived/believe that he did marry her but it was not recognized because Albert I did not approve. It is not quite the same thing with Albert II. I don't think race matters that much anymore, especially in southern European countries where many people are of mixed racial backgrounds. They have never really been like that and also do not feel the need to "prove" that they are not. Even in the case of Princess Charlotte, part of the reason she gave up her rights to Rainier was because the cloud of illegitimacy and her divorce still lingered. I doubt anyone would have a problem with Alexander by himself but his mother and that whole situation would probably be something alot of people would have a problem with and that's based on behavior, not mere appearance.

No, sir, I certainly did not mean Prince Albert or his family was racist. I am sorry if you felt this was my intent. Remember, he did not marry Ms. Rotolo either.
What I meant was pressure from the "people" of Monaco so-to-speak. In regards to Baron de Massy and Prince Max, neither are the ruler. For instance, Prince Joachim could marry Alexandra Manley, but perhaps not Crown Prince Frederik. I am not saying race, but other factors. More is expected of the sovereign or the direct heir.

But you did mention race. If you had other factors in mind, why did you say, "acceptable white woman"? As for any other factors, past Grimaldis, even the sovereigns and heirs to the throne, have married aristocratic women, common women, Italians, French, British, Belgian, Americans etc. Prince Albert's second wife was of Jewish descent, Princess Charlotte's husband was half Mexican and as noted she herself had a multi-racial background and had a mother as common as anyone else. My experience has been that the Monegasque are some of the most unconcerned people around when it comes to someone's background. I've heard criticisms of actions, what people "do" but never "who" they are.

Again, I do not feel Prince Albert is racist at all. However, race could play a role in decision making, like dating Ms. Wittstock (note the timing of the announced relationship with her after the announcement of the birth of Alexandre Coste). You do not have to be racist to make a "politically" shrewed and safe decision. Politicians, royals, and even actors do it all the time. Yes, I mentioned race, but never felt the Prince was racist (and to insinuate that he was would be an utter insult and possible untruth in my opinion). Hope this clarifies things.

If someone makes a decision about who they date because of their race, even if for political reasons, that certainly sounds like racism to me. If a woman dumped me because she thought going with an Anglo instead of a Hispanic would be more "shrewd" for her career -I would call that racist. I don't think there was anything like that involved with Albert. I think he dates who he wants to regardless of what others think, simple as that. If he started dating Charlene just because he thought it a "shrewd" decision I doubt he would still be dating her this long after. They both must like where they are or the relationship would change or end.

Okay...its time to move on.

Has anyone seen anything or pix of the Costes? Alexandre? Its been a year now. Thank you. Its about that time for a looksee of Alexandre-for me.

Jazmin Turned 18

Hopefully this is the right section of post this thread...

Wow I have not posted here in ages! I just realized that Jazmin turned 18 last month.

is there any recent picture of her?

The idea is to let them grow up in relative peace. IMO the kids should not be bothered by the media until they're at least eighteen, and then only if they consent to it.

I just remembered who she is! Dang albert made us all forget lol! Wonder if she going to consent to being in the press lol

I just remembered who she is! Dang albert made us all forget lol! Wonder if she going to consent to being in the press lol

Don't think Albert kept her away from the limelight, it's her choice to stay out. Theres no reason to be in the press, anyone who would actually let the press into there lives is mad in my opinion.

Jazmin should be graduating soon. Does anyone know the date? Usually schools have a list of schools the graduates will be attending so it would be interesting to see where her class will be going. I wonder if she is going to Amherst or if she decided to stay in CA which also has great schools like Stanford.

i think she would graduate in late may or ealry june...usually june 4th or somehitng.. but its actuatally june 5th...i dont know if he will go

Congrat to you Jazmin. I hope PA come to your graduation and bring your baby brother Alex.

If the graduation is public, which its hard to tell since its a private school....we most likely won't see pictures of Albert attending if he attends.

Nor will we see Alex. If Albert and Jazmin have a relationship, it is a private one so I wouldn't expect to see him in California.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom