Prince Albert's Older Children Part 1: 2009 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think her father has other things on his mind at this moment :) Her mother maybe is the better choice.

It occurs to me she is going the way of many very rich bored young socialites...trying to be hip, avant guard, out of the box to get attention, modeling/fashion contracts. It's not like she is a princess or royal lady bringing scandal to her royal relatives, come on.

It's harmless diversion-she could be drinking to excess at club's, trashing hotel rooms or just being obnoxious.

I think her father has other things on his mind at this moment :) Her mother maybe is the better choice.

It occurs to me she is going the way of many very rich bored young socialites...trying to be hip, avant guard, out of the box to get attention, modeling/fashion contracts. It's not like she is a princess or royal lady bringing scandal to her royal relatives, come on.

It's harmless diversion-she could be drinking to excess at club's, trashing hotel rooms or just being obnoxious.

I agree. She seems a nice young woman. Wearing the latest fad clothes is harmless.

Belated CONGRATULATIONS to Jazmin & Alexandre on the birth of their half-siblings ~ twins Jacques & Gabriella. :heart:

When I saw the pictures of Stephanie's children, in particular Camille, at the twins registration in the chapel I thought of Jazmin & Alexandre, and felt sorry for them. I wish they could have been there. Illegitimacy be damned. Camille is illegitimate, as is Raphael, yet they attend family functions. Fair is fair. jmho.

I feel unconfortable because to me the only one who might have had some contact with Albert for this birth is Jazmin... After all the controversies and fights between Prince Albert and Nicole Coste I feel Alexandre might even not know about all this...

Belated CONGRATULATIONS to Jazmin & Alexandre on the birth of their half-siblings ~ twins Jacques & Gabriella. :heart:

When I saw the pictures of Stephanie's children, in particular Camille, at the twins registration in the chapel I thought of Jazmin & Alexandre, and felt sorry for them. I wish they could have been there. Illegitimacy be damned. Camille is illegitimate, as is Raphael, yet they attend family functions. Fair is fair. jmho.
I think we need to keep things in perspective.

First, Princess Stephanie's children are illegitimate and the reason for that is her business. But they are both her children and, along with their "legitimate" siblings, have lived as a family their entire lives. They have grown up with Uncle Albert and Aunt Caroline and her children. They are a close family, so why would they not be present at the twins registration?

So, it is not a question of legitimacy, but of family. Jazmin and Alexandre each have their own "families". It is not the Grimaldi family. Financially both are well provided for and both are private citizens although Jazmin is living quite a public "celebrity" life on her own terms. But it is worth remembering that had their father had been anyone other than Prince Albert, that would be the end of it.

It is utterly tasteless that "the illegitimate" children were used to rev up the media in the run-up to Albert's wedding and again during Charlene's pregnancy and yet again at the birth of the twins. Who wins? Jazmin is an adult and seems happy doing her own thing and appears to have some contact with Albert. Alexandre's mother uses her child as a weapon, still wanting her son to be proclaimed a prince. Makes me wonder.

I think we need to keep things in perspective.

So, it is not a question of legitimacy, but of family. Jazmin and Alexandre each have their own "families". It is not the Grimaldi family. Financially both are well provided for and both are private citizens although Jazmin is living quite a public "celebrity" life on her own terms. But it is worth remembering that had their father had been anyone other than Prince Albert, that would be the end of it.

So, basically, you're not a part of your father's family, but hey, he's given you some money so you've nothing to complain about?

The reason they're not part of their father's family is because Albert has chosen not to include them in his family. His willingness to accept other illegitimate children publicly and openly as part of his family, including at official state events, only makes his choice not to do so with his own children the more disappointing and baffling.

The two illégitimat children will not be the heirs of Monaco.

But He recognized them and payed for their education , Alexandre and her mother received a lot of money, N Costes had no problem of Money and Alexandre will live easily without to work all his life

Jazmin also received a lot of Money and now she is living like people posing at the most famious events in New York and she seemed very happy with this life.

Other children are not recognized by their father as Delphine Boel by her father king Albert II

The two girls of prince Bernhard never appeared during the big events in the monarchy of Niederlands.

Two children who are saying that they are the children of former king Juan Carlos are trying to sue Juan Carlos

Carlos of Bourbon Parme, Grandson of former queen Juliana and son of princess Irene has a illegitimat son , he never was present to the wedding of his father nor at the christening of the daughters of his father.

I cannot complaint Alexander and Jazmin, Albert was honest and took his responsabilities, what other princes or king did not do

Allbert said it, Alexandre will not be seen , it is a part of his privat life

Albert did not want these Children but he took his responsabilities

Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella are the children he wanted to have with Charlene, Jacques will be the future sovereign of Monaco

You must used to this.

I do not see it healthy in case the 2 "grander siblings" will try to get in contact with their step-brother and sister .... I think, keeping the Status quo shall be maintained.
I agree with the other Posters, that this is a different Story than Raphael or Camille.

Bye Bine

Everytime I hear that a child is not wanted I cringe... It's a awful thing to say... If someone doesn't want children they 'd better use birth control... I don0t get why it's so difficult to understand! And as for these children: they exisy, they are here now so once were born there was the obligation to care fot the too! They didn't ask to be born! It's so unfair that love cannot replace money.... Sorry for the rant

We don't really know how much contact Jasmin and Alexander have with PA. I believe PA is trying to protect their privacy; especially when they are/were minors. Look how much Princess Caroline and her children hated being harassed by the media when they were young. And since they don't live with him it is more difficult for him to physically protect them. The less well-known they are the safer they will be. Wealthy, well recognized people are subject to kidnapping threats and crazy people.

I've read some of the recent posts about these children and I must say I find it disgusting that anyone would say that PA older children are not wanted or valued because of the circumstances of their births. And some of the posters attitudes about them are disgusting. They did not ask to be born or to be born to him but they were and they are.

It does not matter that they are not heirs to the Monaco throne. Who cares? Secondly, I think the attitude that PA doesn't care about them is wrong. Jazmin attended the Princess Grace awards with her father and Charlene last year and took a picture with her and then her father took for a stroll on the dance floor sometime after I understand. I also understand he has visited her in California and and in NY and has taken her on shopping sprees. So it certainly sounds like he cares about his older kids to me. So what if it is all privately and it could be all Jazmin's doing, her wishes. And that is fine.

I also hear that she visits him in Monaco often and stays at his palace. I also read that he very protective of Jazmin.

I believe he loves his older children and that both have a good relationship with him. Prince has 4 children not just the twins. Some of you need to recognize that and accept it and forget about who is and who is not heir to the Monaco thrown because it doesn't matter.

Last edited:
I also hear that she visits him in Monaco often and stays at his palace. I also read that he very protective of Jazmin.

I don't know if she still does, but she did in the past. I know she's also very close to her cousins on Stéphanie's side. They call her cousin. Which makes of Jazmin a part of the family, even if it's not on official events

Well, Albert is a father of 4 now and I hope he remains in the life if his first two children as he will be for his newborns.

First, Princess Stephanie's children are illegitimate and the reason for that is her business.

Minor point - Only Camille is "illegitimate", Louis and Pauline became legitimate when their parents married.

I don't know if she still does, but she did in the past. I know she's also very close to her cousins on Stéphanie's side. They call her cousin. Which makes of Jazmin a part of the family, even if it's not on official events
Jazmin has also stayed in Monaco with Caroline and her other cousins when Albert wasn't in Monaco. I believe she was under 18 at the time. I have also said it before that Jazmin and Alex have a good relationship with Albert and each other. The words used they are a family and that includes Charlene.

Minor point - Only Camille is "illegitimate", Louis and Pauline became legitimate when their parents married.
That post was a reply to a poster complaining that Albert was ignoring his illegitimate children Jazmin and Alexandre, but that Camille (and Rapheal) was present a the church service when she is illigitemate. I was merely pointing out that ligitemacy was not relevant but rather family and Camille was Albert's niece.

I find myself confounded that rather than being applauded for taking responsibility for his children, which has involved creating a lifestyle for their mothers to support them in wealth, Albert is pilloried for not including them in every aspect of his life. But they are not his immediate family.

We do know that Albert never intended to father either of those children but stepped up when his paternity was confirmed. His relationship with Jazmin's mother seems to have been relatively civil but unfortunately, the same cannot be said of Alexandre's mother, who only recently was stirring up a fuss about her child being a prince and should be the heir. She expected Albert to marry her and not Charlene and, from what is known about the relationship, marriage was never Albert's intent.

I think regardless of the situation of their births, Albert's two older children should be involved in his life. It's great that they are being financially supported by their father but it really don't mean much if he's not involved in their lives. Albert is the dad no matter what.

That post was a reply to a poster complaining that Albert was ignoring his illegitimate children Jazmin and Alexandre, but that Camille (and Rapheal) was present a the church service when she is illigitemate. I was merely pointing out that ligitemacy was not relevant but rather family and Camille was Albert's niece.

I find myself confounded that rather than being applauded for taking responsibility for his children, which has involved creating a lifestyle for their mothers to support them in wealth, Albert is pilloried for not including them in every aspect of his life. But they are not his immediate family.

We do know that Albert never intended to father either of those children but stepped up when his paternity was confirmed. His relationship with Jazmin's mother seems to have been relatively civil but unfortunately, the same cannot be said of Alexandre's mother, who only recently was stirring up a fuss about her child being a prince and should be the heir. She expected Albert to marry her and not Charlene and, from what is known about the relationship, marriage was never Albert's intent.

Of course they are his immediate family. They're his children. It doesn't get more immediate than that.

His relationship with their respective mothers and/or whether he intended to have children with them is completely irrelevant: He does have children. They're his kids, as much as the new twins are. Of course they should be included in every element of his life, up to the point where they are comfortable. (I would understand if Jazmin didn't want to come to official events, but if she's not invited and given the option, I consider that a gross moral failing of Prince Albert)

He doesn't get pats on the head for meeting the minimum standards as a parent. There is so much more to being a responsible father than providing money.

We can only comment on public events as no one knows how often Albert sees his illegitimate children privately. I think its important not to forget that if they started turning up at every event in Monaco just to look like they are part of Albert's family that would probably lead to massive media coverage and been seen as making them 'fair game' for the press to photograph and comment on. Maybe although it seems unfair Albert is actually doing them a kindness.

Last edited:
We can only comment on public events as no one knows how often Albert sees his illegitimate children privately. I think its important not to forget that if they started turning up at every event in Monaco just to look like they are part of Albert's family that would probably lead to massive media coverage and been seen as making them 'fair game' for the press to photograph and comment on. Maybe although it seems unfair Albert is actually doing them a kindness.

Stephanie kept her children away from almost all public events for many years, and using that as a measure of how involved in their lives she was would be silly. Also, any coverage of Albert's first two children at public events would no doubt harp on the fact that they are "illegitimate," which could easily be hurtful to the children.

We just don't have all the facts here, to make a fair judgement.

I follow Pauline Ducruet on Instagram and on Christmas Day she posted an image of her with her mum and siblings. Jazmin commented under it "Happy Christmas! Give my love to everyone!"

I think she has a personal relationship with her paternal family it's just kept very private.

I follow Pauline Ducruet on Instagram and on Christmas Day she posted an image of her with her mum and siblings. Jazmin commented under it "Happy Christmas! Give my love to everyone!"

I think she has a personal relationship with her paternal family it's just kept very private.

That is lovely. Thanks for posting. :flowers:

I have always suspected that this is true. I think Jazmin and Albert are close enough that she has more actual contact with her paternal family than the public suspects.

It is young Alexandre that I really feel sad for. Through no fault of his own he now has limited or no contact with his father or his paternal family.:sad:

That boy is a pawn of his mother and her greed and pettiness. I hope he leaves her as soon as he is old enough and attempts to get to have a real relationship with his father and Charlene and siblings as much is as feasible.

Really nice to know ! I find Jazmin quite likeable !!!

I think regardless of the situation of their births, Albert's two older children should be involved in his life. It's great that they are being financially supported by their father but it really don't mean much if he's not involved in their lives. Albert is the dad no matter what.
When they are children they need protection from both the media and others who would try to dictate their upbringing.

Jazmin lives in and was educated in the US. As a young adult it is her choice if she wants to put herself in the firing line so to speak.

Alexandre however is a totally different case. His mother has moved him from the Continent to the UK which has effectively cut off any easy access between father and son. Albert seems to be keeping his distance so as not to inflame the situation and further complicate his son's life.

It is nice that these young people are reaching out to each other because that is the only way a relationship can be forged.

There are many a father who are, essentially sperm doners and that is the extent of the relationship between father and child. Financial arrangements have nothing to do with it but I think there are an awful lot of dead-beat dads out there that could do with a good deal of heat. Albert is not one of them.

Albert said at the times he recognized Alexandre as his child, that the child will belong to his privat life and we will not see him. Jazmin is an adult and we began to see her in events at New York. ALbert was the ONLY ROYAL who recognized her children;

We did not see the two girls of prince Berhnard of Pays bas who made public his paternity of two daughters after his death. Nobody said on this royal forums that it was very sad for these two daughters not to be present at the funeral of their father. Queen Beatrix and her sisters did not want. Nobody is saying where are the daughters of Prince Berhnard when all the family celebrats the national fest in April.
Delphine Boel is the illigitimat daughter of King Albert who did not want to recognize her, nobody was saying where is the poor daughter of the king Albert and where are his other grandchildren when there are photos of the king with all his children and his granchildren

Prince Carlos of Bourbon Parme, the elder son of prince Bourbon de Parme and son of princess Irene has a son that he had a with a former friend, he recognized him, but we did not see him, he was never at the wedding of his father and he was not present at the christenings of his two daughters and he is never present at the events of the royal family of Niederlands

Nobody on the royal forums make comments about these persons who never saw their relatives or father but some persons are speaking about the poor children ( one is a child, the other is now an adult and seems to live very happy, she is present at all the events in New York this she would never able to do if she would be an ordinary person but as she is the daughter of a prince , even illligitimat she can do it.)

But since the announce of the pregnancy of the princess charlene and more since the births of the princely children, we have yet these complaints. of persons who want to see them present at the public events in Monaco and perhaps are desappointing of these princely children as they were their fault to be the legitime children. and we read again and the other children, poor children.

We don't know how are the relations of the prince Albert whith these children as he said it was a part of his privat life. He took his responsabilities and recognied them.they will be able to live without working all their life. He did not want these children but he was more honest than the other royals .
He wanted Children with Charlene the wife he loves. It is normal that we see him so happy with Gabriella and Jacques.
There is a new princely family , Prince Albert, Princess charlene and hereditary prince Jacques and Princess gabriella.

Some persons could comment and comment, it is not useful.

well said! or written...:) Unfortunately, I don't know English so well to express what I think about this, but what you wrote is exactly what I think. Thanks melina premiere:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Form everything that I have read on the issue, I do believe that P Albert has a good relationship with his older children. It makes sense that it should be a private one. I agree with melina premiere that P Charlene is the woman he loves and the woman he wants as the mother of his children and heirs. They do seem extremely happy and proud with their twins.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

The youngest extramarital daughter of the late Prince Bernhard, Alexia Bénédicte Irina Manuella Olivia Lejeune Grinda, was known to the public. Pictures of Alexia posing with her royal father have been seen in the magazines. Alexia has been introduced to Queen Juliana and was, according to the Prince, "always received with a warm welcome". The royal half-sisters of Alexia however (Beatrix, Irene, Margriet and Christina) decided to keep themselves on a distance and barely had any contact with Alexia. That is not so strange: Alexia is younger than Beatrix' eldest son Willem-Alexander...

The eldest extramarital daughter of the late Prince Bernhard, Alicia Hala de Bielefeld, was not known to the public. Alicia herself has told that she has been to Soestdijk Palace a couple of times, was introduced to Queen Juliana, and even had holidays on Il Elefante Felice, the royal holiday estate in Porto Ercole (Italy). There Alicia has also met her halfsister Alexia. In the media Alicia described Queen Juliana as "a most lovely and warm person" with whom she went shopping in Italy.

Both Alexia Lejeune Grinda and Alicia de Bielefelde have paid their last respects to their father, one day before the funeral, when he was laid in state at Noordeinde Palace in The Hague. The youngest (Alexia) has also spoken to him, shortly before his death. Both half-sisters have met their four royal half-sisters. All six daughters of the late Prince have equally shared in their father's inheritance. After the inheritance Alicia bought a mansion near Fairfax (California) and leads a private life. She has succesfully battled cancer.

Alexia lives in a mansion in the 7th Arrondissement (Rive Gauche) in Paris. She was already a fortuned lady, her stepfather was Stanislas Baron Lejeune, her godparents were Prince Bernhard and Edmond de Rotschild... Alexia's uncle was Jean-Noël Grinda, a famous French tennis champion. Prince Bernhard bought an appartment for Hélène Grinda (Alexia's mother) at the exclusive Avenue Raphaël near the Bois de Boulogne.

The situations of Alicia and Alexia are incomparable with the extramarital children of Prince Albert of Monaco: totally different times, no media intrusion at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom