The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Is it really necessary to refer to his children as illegtimate all of the time? I am sorry, but that is a pet peeve of mine. Like referring to adopted children, as his adopted daughter, their adopted son, etc.

I believe we are all aware that kids were conceived out of wedlock.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Is it really necessary to refer to his children as illegtimate all of the time? I am sorry, but that is a pet peeve of mine. Like referring to adopted children, as his adopted daughter, their adopted son, etc.

I believe we are all aware that kids were conceived out of wedlock.
You are right. And why illegitimate?? He has recognized them, they are fully legitimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Princess View Post
Do you think he'll get more children? I don't think so.
Why not???? He is not such old??

He marries to Charlene also to have a family with her! It would be absolutely unfair for CW if PA obliges her to stay without children just because PA has already kids, which do not even leave with him!!!

And PA needs also to have a heir to the throne. I mean out of Andrea.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:10 PM
Aristocracy

I like the way Dr. Myles Munroe puts it. He says people become parents illegitimately. I wish all the best for Jazmin and Alexander
Old 07-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
I have a child never married. My sister remarked once I have a family you don't. She meant what I did when I said that about Albert I wasn't married I didn't have a complete family unit. I have a child not being married makes the family unit incomplete.

If I'm not mistaken you and I went around on this last time. Believe me I think I know Hibou well enough to say neither of us is looking for the princess diary stories involving Jazmin. Besides Jazmin isn't like that story she will never rule Monaco and its not likely she will be given the title of Princess. I actually fought against her being acknowledged and don't have a very good opinion of her mother. Hibou and I don't have the same sources. I think you are one of those people unless you see a photo of them together won't believe its possible Albert has a relationship with his children. You are aware that there are photos of Albert with Alex posted in this Forum? No one ever knew he was visiting him until Nicole gave the photos to Bunte with her story.

If I was in to speculation I wouldn't have wasted my time and let people keep believing the lies that Charlene was a school teacher and graduated from college. People will believe what they want even when they hear the truth like this. No photos no story. You do realize the reporters on these boards don't want people to know they are otherwise they won't get all the inside info many of them seek.
It is different for a man than a woman. If child is out of wedlock then, in most cases, child is living with mother. Many men call their out of wedlock kids family, even if they never lived with their mother under the same roof or even if they had no relationship. But there are some men who want to have only kids in marriage, I am sure everyone heard about this type of men: they can be devoted fathers to their children from marriage and completely ignoring children out of wedlock. In most cases when such a man says only 'family' about kids in marriage and he has kids out of marriage in the same time, he doesn't consider his out of wedlock children a family.
I am not surprised that Albert said two years ago about his kids: " I am a father already but it was not the way I wanted.." --it was an interview he gave when he was surprised by reporters while skiing in Austria or Germany in 2008.
I think his attitude has a lot of to do with his position.

LadyMacalpine, I know that neither you nor hibou believe in princess diary stories. but some people spreading indirect info may or want others to believe in them.
I was also targeted by people who' knew things' and ' belonged to media people' but I never believed them so they left me alone.

bahamagirl, I agree. There are just illegitimate parents, not kids. Alexandre ans Jazmin are just victims someone's irresponsibility and they deserve the best.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 07-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Nobility

You said it!
Old 07-20-2010, 01:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
It is different for a man than a woman. If child is out of wedlock then, in most cases, child is living with mother. Many men call their out of wedlock kids family, even if they never lived with their mother under the same roof or even if they had no relationship. But there are some men who want to have only kids in marriage, I am sure everyone heard about this type of men: they can be devoted fathers to their children from marriage and completely ignoring children out of wedlock. In most cases when such a man says only 'family' about kids in marriage and he has kids out of marriage in the same time, he doesn't consider his out of wedlock children a family.
I am not surprised that Albert said two years ago about his kids: " I am a father already but it was not the way I wanted.." --it was an interview he gave when he was surprised by reporters while skiing in Austria or Germany in 2008.
I think his attitude has a lot of to do with his position.

LadyMacalpine, I know that neither you nor hibou believe in princess diary stories. but some people spreading indirect info may or want others to believe in them.
I was also targeted by people who' knew things' and ' belonged to media people' but I never believed them so they left me alone.

bahamagirl, I agree. There are just illegitimate parents, not kids. Alexandre ans Jazmin are just victims someone's irresponsibility and they deserve the best.
Well said! Seriously.

Another quote from PA about his kids (not sure where/when this was said, but I know he said something like this referring to them, I think around 2006's acknowledgment of Jazmin): "One thing they <refering to Jazmin and Alexandre> can be sure of is my affection for them." or something like that.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Legitimacy and Illegitimacy are simply legal terms.

They define precisely a specific state of affairs - in this case, whether the children were born within in a legal marriage or not.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Courtier

I think his relationship with his children is private and that's the way it should remain.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I fully agree with you - unfortunately there seem to be no laws anywhere which could enforce the childrens' privacy.

Still, there seem to be comparatively few images of Alexandre - which is all to the good.

Jazmin is a different case, being more or less an adult.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
If someone makes a decision about who they date because of their race, even if for political reasons, that certainly sounds like racism to me. If a woman dumped me because she thought going with an Anglo instead of a Hispanic would be more "shrewd" for her career -I would call that racist. I don't think there was anything like that involved with Albert. I think he dates who he wants to regardless of what others think, simple as that. If he started dating Charlene just because he thought it a "shrewd" decision I doubt he would still be dating her this long after. They both must like where they are or the relationship would change or end.
It is not racism, it's called CHOICE.
Old 07-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with both of you, Kitty and Bones :-))

Race, colour, religion should never be the sole reason for having a close relationship.

The choice should come from the heart, but also from the mind.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Albert's relationship with 18-year-old daughter, Jazmine Grace is supposed to be pretty good. Among other things, it is said that he was very proud that Jazmine graduate this summer with the highest scores. Jazmine mother is Tamara Rotolo, a waitress and when she became pregnant with Prince Albert. Today she need not work directly, but she supports her daughter in all cases, willingness to work as a model. You see them both on the image to the right which was taken after a fashion show.
Google Translate

Just like I have been saying he has a good relationship with Jazmin. I heard she was in Monaco recently.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:17 PM
Royal Highness

I have written ad nauseum about the precedent setting case of Picasso and heirs.He had married a woman called Olga and had Paulo his son with her- then he had a daughter Maya by Marie Therese Walter and after that he was with Dora Maar who was usurped by Francoise Gilot[later she married Dr. Jonas salk of polio vaccine fame] and she had two children with him Paloma- yes of perfume fame and Claude.Although it looked like he might marry Gilot- he married after Olga's death J Roque and when he died he wrote a will that will live in infamy.Jaqueline Roque barred everybody from the funeral; etc and in his will left her"everything". So children from marriage Paulo- then Maya Paloma and Claude contested the will- and set the landmark case-Roque had to divide the fortune of Picasso among the heirs as it was according to the judge a birthright to have your father's monies; name and title which the last name is;-exclusion is against the law; and so they picked straws for the colours of Picasso's paintings and monies were allocated according to percentages.
Need I say more?
For whatever reasons known only to herself Jaqueline Roque brought a gun to her head and shot herself in 1986. So I think PA's heirs have more in their birthrights than they realize and know- no piece of paper can say that I cannot have a a part or be entitled to my father's fortune or title; any heirs can supercede a wife.. They are the heirs with the rights of a dower.And Picasso was the precedent setting case of all time where children from inside marriage and from outside of it were given the justice due them.Those are the progeny of Prince Albert and anything can and will happen .They should not hide behind curtains or be excluded.
When he took over from his father Pa said he was going to strive for ethos of some type- I certainly hope so and it starts at home and with family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
I think his relationship with his children is private and that's the way it should remain.
No way - how would you feel if you had to hide behind curtains and be excluded? In France where the Picasso trials took place I am not certain it is even legal to do this anymore.Why should this remain private when Pa is a public figure and these are his children? His heir will certainly know about half siblings- and oh what a cozy picture is starting to manifest.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:29 PM
Serene Highness

I am sure PA has excellent lawyers and his 2 current children will only inherit what he wants them to. For instance he could put all or most of his money in a irrevocable trust with someone else as the trustee. He could give away most of his money before he dies. From what you discribed it sounds like Picasso's will was written by his last wife. Most of all, don't forget that PA's will will be executed in Monaco.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Jaya it is not a matter of anyone "hiding behind curtains". It is a matter of innocent children being allowed to have a life free of intrusion from paparrazzi and prurient press stories.

Jazmin is legally an adult and can do as she pleases. Alexandre is a little boy and people need to leave him alone and let him have his childhood.

Financially, it is all but certain that both Jazmin and Alexandre will be set for life.

This has nothing to do with Pablo Picasso and his trainwreck, messy private life.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Jaya it is not a matter of anyone "hiding behind curtains". It is a matter of innocent children being allowed to have a life free of intrusion from paparrazzi and prurient press stories.

Jazmin is legally an adult and can do as she pleases. Alexandre is a little boy and people need to leave him alone and let him have his childhood.

Financially, it is all but certain that both Jazmin and Alexandre will be set for life.

This has nothing to do with Pablo Picasso and his trainwreck, messy private life.

Hear, hear. Very well said. Precedent set one place does not, necessarily sell in another. I am sure Albert will leave his children a good amount, probably, has already set up trust funds for them. The rest is his to bequeath as he wills. How he includes them in whatever will be his choice, right or wrong. He is a sovereign not Picasso.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Jazmin is an adult and she has not been to the Ball. How would you feel?.... this is not exactly an episode of Father Knows Best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Hear, hear. Very well said. Precedent set one place does not, necessarily sell in another. I am sure Albert will leave his children a good amount, probably, has already set up trust funds for them. The rest is his to bequeath as he wills. How he includes them in whatever will be his choice, right or wrong. He is a sovereign not Picasso.
The case is world wide precedent setting one and applies to everybody-Precedents do not"sell" and change from place to place otherwise we would have anarchy.Picasso is was and will be sovereign as his paintings sell for 90.000 million US.Anything can be contested.......right or wrong.The children of Picasso proved it and left a landmark case behind that is etched in the legal history books.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Why is Jazmin not at the ball? Let's see.....

She has only recently turned eighteen and last time I checked there were not any prepubescent kids frolicking at either the Rose or Red Cross Galas...it is an event for ADULTS...which is probably why Princess Caroline's youngest daughter doesn't go either.

Now that she is of legal age, who is to say that we won't eventually see her at one of the Principality's grand events?
Old 08-01-2010, 05:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Now that she is of legal age, who is to say that we won't eventually see her at one of the Principality's grand events?
Why would we see the illegitamate daughter of Prince Albert at a royal event? She has avoided all forms of press and attention for 18 years, why would she now show up in Monaco and attend the principalitys big events.
If she wants to always lead a normal life, she will stay as far away from Monaco and the big events.

They aren't hiding behind the curtains, they are simply leading the life they should do. Why should they be by their fathers side in Monaco, when it's quite clear they don't want to be.
They are private citizens and should remain that way.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Heir Apparent

alexander's mother attended red cross gala the other day, so it wouldn't be surprising to see jazmin and alexander participating in the balls when they are older.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all