Prince Albert's Older Children Part 1: 2009 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jazmin has written a lovely Father's Day message including two photos of her two fathers:

** Photos ** Post **

Judging from the text she has written, it seems so, yes.

She has become a beautiful young woman. And as she gets older I can indeed see traces of Princess Grace, unlike before.?

Very cute pics :flowers: candidate for the 'warm moments between royals' thread

I really hope she will get well soon

Last edited:
I wish Jazmin Grace a speedy recovery. Albert must be worried, especially as he has had COVID himself.

Poor Jazmin...her father and the rest of her family must be very concerned.:ermm:

Cannot for the life of me think of one reason this young lady would need to alert the world to her lingering diarrhoeal symptoms following her brush with the coronavirus. While she's entitled to more free speech than perhaps some other members of her father's family are, it's in very poor taste and absolutely unnecessary in my opinion.

Roderick, I understand what you say. However, The public wants to know everything, even gory details about royals....because the public wants to know!!! Royals are Royals! Famous people. Jazmin has Royal blood even if she has no title. Because of circumstances surrounding her birth, a lot of people are interested in all she does.

Yes, Jasmine could have just said, I am ill with Covid and let it go at that. Why she did not, could be she thought she was trying to educate people about Covid as it hits everyone different. Maybe she is the type of person who gives all details and does not think it is just a bit to much. Maybe she is lonely being quarantined even if she has friends and family, one can be lonely.

If some people think Jazmin or others give too much info just don’t read anything from Instagram, FB, Twitter or other media sources. No one would know unless that person went looking for information about....so I tell people you see a famous name, you click on it you get to read what ever is posted. If it bothers you don’t click on that person name.

I hope Jazmin gets better this is one scary disease.

Whilst I'm not keen on hearing about other people's diarrhea she listed it at the end of a few other symptoms and didn't go in to detail and focused much more on getting please quarantine/sanitize/be careful parts and other general recuperating updates.

I've seen many other well known and semi well known people go into much more detail than she did over the last few months as well as people I know so I suppose I'm getting used to it.

Also, whilst she IS Albert's daughter she isn't a member of the Princely House so she does have a lot more leeway in what she chooses to say or not. For example trying to promote some form of pop career which she used to do would be right out if she was a HSH.

Has he ever invited his other kids to visit the Palace? He should give them some form of a title like Lady and Lord. I feel like they are kind of ignored for his current family. It doesn't matter how they are conceived, they are your blood!

Has he ever invited his other kids to visit the Palace? He should give them some form of a title like Lady and Lord. I feel like they are kind of ignored for his current family. It doesn't matter how they are conceived, they are your blood!

P.Albert has hardly ignored his older children, if i'm not mistaken they have regularly visited the palace, met the family, took pictures etc etc (I'm sure there are pictures in this thread)

is there a specific reason for your comment?

Why should he make his own illegitimate children Lady and Lord? Should his eldest also inherit the throne? Or his second, because that's the eldest son?

For one, I don't think those titles exist in Monaco; and second, his nephews and nieces who are in line to the throne don't have any titles - except for Alexandra but her title isn't a Monegasque one.

As Lee-Z says, Albert seems to be regularly in touch with them, he welcomes them into his life and family; and all seem happy with the current arrangement.

That is good to know. That is true Monaco works differently as he is a Prince but not a King.

1) Yes he does spend considerable private time with his older children. This is not speculative it is fact. I have seen the IG photos. But the operative term is PRIVATE.

2) No, they should not receive titles imo. What on earth for? They live lavish lives of wealth and privilege. They will do so for life. That is enough.

That is good to know. That is true Monaco works differently as he is a Prince but not a King.

I'm not sure the main difference is that he is Sovereign Prince and not a king. Calling the children of peers Lord and Lady is a British thing (note: Lord/Lady isn't a title); several other royal families do have non-titled family members as well and in some cases they are also in line to the throne.

Monaco, however, is rather unique in them allowing children that were born out of wedlock to be entered into the line of succession upon their parents' marriage. So, theoretically, if Albert were to divorce Charlene and marry his eldest son's mother Nicole Coste, Alexandre would replace Jacques in the line of succession.

As that is extremely unlikely to happen, he and Grace will have to reconcile themselves with being taken care of financially by their father and being the recipients of a significant portion (a quarter - maybe with the exception of a part that is set apart for the next Sovereign prince) of his large inheritance.

Monaco, however, is rather unique in them allowing children that were born out of wedlock to be entered into the line of succession upon their parents' marriage. So, theoretically, if Albert were to divorce Charlene and marry his eldest son's mother Nicole Coste, Alexandre would replace Jacques in the line of succession.

What law do you base Monaco's "uniqueness" on? In other words, why would children born out of wedlock be entered into the line of succession upon their parents' marriage in this family, but not in other European royal families which have similar laws?

What law do you base Monaco's "uniqueness" on? In other words, why would children born out of wedlock be entered into the line of succession upon their parents' marriage in this family, but not in other European royal families which have similar laws?

We've had this discussion previously and I don't think we will agree on this topic as our interpretation differs, so I'll leave it at this one post :flowers: . If at some point other royal families include out-of-wedlock children into their line of succession, we can pick up this discussion (as this is something that might change over time). So far, the only recent example was prince Louis of Luxembourg who had to give up his place in line of succession to get married to the mother of his child.

What other countries allow a child born outside marriage to be in the line of succession, if their parents marry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom