The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-13-2011, 10:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Everyone has expressed repeatedly that Jazmin is an adult and has the right to decide whether or not she wants a public relationship with her father. Has anyone considered that perhaps she has, and she's decided she doesn't want the publicity? That perhaps Albert IS a good father and he's respecting his child's wishes and protecting his other child who is not yet of age?

The Monaco PR department is not stupid. I think they understand that it would be a positive thing for Albert to be seen as a good father. But if he's ignoring good PR in the name of respecting his children's privacy... that's a good thing.

Granted, I could be overly optimistic and perhaps he's a jerk and he ignores them. But I think it's unlikely- if that was the case, I doubt he would have ever publicly acknowledged them in the first place

Old 12-14-2011, 09:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree that PA has behaviored without any sense of responsibility, when he had both these kids. He was the Heir to the throne, he knew very well that he would never marry one of the two ladies, so he should have avoid these pregnancies, especially because he even not had a real relationship with one of the ladies. Expecially for Jasmin's mum, I read that it was matter of 2 or 3 days!!!!
So he was stupid!!
Now, we do not really know how he is behavioring with them, he might visit them in full privacy, but the fact that both kids were not at their father's wedding speaks a lot.
As regards the aunts and cousins, if PA has never included his kids inside the family, we could not expect from Caro or Stefanie, to take an initiative and approach them. For them both kids are full strangers.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I agree that PA has behaviored without any sense of responsibility, when he had both these kids. He was the Heir to the throne, he knew very well that he would never marry one of the two ladies, so he should have avoid these pregnancies, especially because he even not had a real relationship with one of the ladies. Expecially for Jasmin's mum, I read that it was matter of 2 or 3 days!!!!
So he was stupid!!
Now, we do not really know how he is behavioring with them, he might visit them in full privacy, but the fact that both kids were not at their father's wedding speaks a lot.
As regards the aunts and cousins, if PA has never included his kids inside the family, we could not expect from Caro or Stefanie, to take an initiative and approach them. For them both kids are full strangers.
Well, Jazmin is facebook friend with Stephanie's kids and she already stated several time that she has already been in Monaco so I think that she, at least, has a relationship with Pr Stephanie and I don't doubt that this is also the case with Pr Albert but it should remain private as it's really a private matter if she wants to spend or not her private time with pr Albert and I'm sure he would be pleased if this was the case.
Léonard de Vinci
Old 12-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Aristocracy

I understand that Albert is a fantastic and loving uncle to all his nieces and newphews. If he can show that kind of love and respect to them then he should to the same for his own children. He is not doing this, he will regret it in the long run. He is missing out in a very special way. I hope that he is a great dad to both kids privately if not publicly.

She has been to Monaco, when she was a teen a think. I don't know if she has been since then. I hope so, I really do.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by titiromi View Post
Well, Jazmin is facebook friend with Stephanie's kid and she already stated several time that she has already been in Monaco so I think that she, at least, have a relationship with Pr Stephanie and I don't doubt that this is also the case with Pr Albert but it should remain private as it's really a private matter if she wants to spend or not her private time with pr Albert and I'm sure he would be pleased if this was the case.
If it is true, I'm happy for them. A father is not only a wallet!
Old 12-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Aristocracy

If Albert can be a loving uncle then he can certainly be a loving father to his children. It's that simple.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
If Albert can be a loving uncle then he can certainly be a loving father to his children. It's that simple.
You seem to insist that he isn't based on them not being part of his public life.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
You seem to insist that he isn't based on them not being part of his public life.
I am actually giving him the benefit of the doubt now by saying that since he is known to be a loving uncle to his nieces and nephews than there is no way is not the same with his children. That would make no sense.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It is much easier to be a loving uncle, than to be a loving father to children you might did not decide about their birth!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
It is much easier to be a loving uncle, than to be a loving father to children you might did not decide about their birth!
These are innocent children! They did not asked to be born or be born to him. And it's Christmas!!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
These are innocent children! They did not asked to be born or be born to him. And it's Christmas!!
You are right, but we do not know if he feels like this. Thousand of fathers in this world decide not to be loving fathers, it is very bad, but it happens.

As for Christmas, I do not like this. A father should be there all the year! Being there because is CHristmas, is vey hypocrite
Old 12-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

You both write as if you know that he does not have a private relationship with his children.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

To me this is a private matter- since these are not heirs to a royal throne or political one.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
You both write as if you know that he does not have a private relationship with his children.
You are right! We do not know.

But one is the fact, that his kids were not at his wedding.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Serene Highness

How do you know they weren't at the wedding? Just because there were no photos of them doesn't mean they weren't there. PA had control of the video. Even if they weren't there it is understandable. It's not like he would have had any time to spend with them.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco
How do you know they weren't at the wedding? Just because there were no photos of them doesn't mean they weren't there. PA had control of the video. Even if they weren't there it is understandable. It's not like he would have had any time to spend with them.
The did not appear to any picture, nowhere. PA could not censure any pic! Even if he did it would be known, journalists spread immediately such news. And why it is understandable? Their existence is known, and they exist before Charlene.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Courtier

Why do you care?
Old 12-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

They are children he had with women he had a fling with. Yes, the kids are innocent, but he isn't going to parade them through his life with his bride. While he is their father, they have mothers who made poor choices, also.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

People tend not to want to parade their mistakes in public.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Administrator

While the circumstances of Alexandre and Jazmin's birth is i not ideal for a man in Albert's position, I think saying that they are "mistakes" is a bit harsh.

They are human beings that didn't ask to born nor did they approve of the circumstances of their births.

While I don't know if Albert does or does not have a relationship with his children (frankly I don't consider it any of my business), I am very comfortable with the belief that Albert has seen what too much press attention has done to his parents, his sisters, as well as that of his nieces and nephews (heck even a cousin or two has been burned). Not too mention his life. I am sure he wants his children to have some sort of normal childhood, whatever that may mean for the both of them.

And that means no or little attention from the press. As it should be.