The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
You are right Zonk. And if he is not making the effort or not enough of one, then it is Prince Albert who is losing here. From what I have read Jazmin is an awesome young lady and the Prince has every reason to be proud of her and he should be. And he needs to show that if he is not doing so now.
We have no idea how much time/love PA has with his children (especially since he's defined this area as "personal"). So why are we speculating what he does or doesn't do with regard to his children?

I have little doubt that Jazmin and Alexandre are great kids with wonderful potential, but - because their relationship with their father is private - how does speculation about this area make PA any better or worse?

Old 08-15-2011, 02:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I think we need to differentiate between Alexandre (a minor) and Jasmin who is not.

She is an adult who can make her own decisions, especially about her career and future life, and she can deal with both her parents as an adult.

I'm almost wondering whether these two human beings should not each have a thread of their own.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post

I'm almost wondering whether these two human beings should not each have a thread of their own.
That's exactly the point: we once had two seperated threads, but as it's by now discussed over and over again:
these two children/young people are living a private life we hardly know anything about and shouldn't constantly
speculate about. One thread is enough, it's a concession to the general interest, but we should respect the desired
privacy and reduce it to the essential.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdouglas View Post
We have no idea how much time/love PA has with his children (especially since he's defined this area as "personal"). So why are we speculating what he does or doesn't do with regard to his children?

I have little doubt that Jazmin and Alexandre are great kids with wonderful potential, but - because their relationship with their father is private - how does speculation about this area make PA any better or worse?

Every relationship is personal in this respect. However, many of us are curious and concerned because of the circumstances surrounding their births. Being private because of it is understandable but being hidden is something else all together different.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Administrator

But who (other than yourself) says that they are being hidden?

Alexandre is a young child, what other children his age do you see a lot in print (other than Suri Cruise). You only see the young royals of Denmark, the Netherlands, and Norway, etc. on special events or arranged photo sessions. You didn't see William while he was in college. Nor Victoria, Frederick or WA except when they were snapped by paps or again in planned sessions.

They are private individuals and deserve a bit of privacy.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why, in our current society --- going back to the 60's, is Albert portrayed as a cad? This has happened to millions of men and women, some who accept the responsibility and some who don't. Albert said he would take care of the children and appears to have done so since the paternity tests. When Jazmin was born, DNA tests were not reliable. When the tests became more reliable, Albert took the test -- both times -- and does not seem to have shirked his duty to them. I'm sure he took care of Jazmin and her mother without proof of paternity simply because of probability. That says a lot, to me anyway.

As for them being in the public eye, Jazmin can decide for herself. She is an adult. Alex has a few more years to go, but not that many. He can decide at that time.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Why, in our current society --- going back to the 60's, is Albert portrayed as a cad? This has happened to millions of men and women, some who accept the responsibility and some who don't. Albert said he would take care of the children and appears to have done so since the paternity tests. When Jazmin was born, DNA tests were not reliable. When the tests became more reliable, Albert took the test -- both times -- and does not seem to have shirked his duty to them. I'm sure he took care of Jazmin and her mother without proof of paternity simply because of probability. That says a lot, to me anyway.

As for them being in the public eye, Jazmin can decide for herself. She is an adult. Alex has a few more years to go, but not that many. He can decide at that time.
I agree with everything you have said. I just would like to see Jazmin hanging out with her dad.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Despite what you want, it is what Jazmin wants that counts and if she doesn't want to go on Oprah and tell the world the intimate details of her conception, birth, and everything that came between then and now then that is her choice.

She is not a piece of meat, she is not property, she is a young woman with a mind and a life of her own,

Respect her choices!
Old 08-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Despite what you want, it is what Jazmin wants that counts and if she doesn't want to go on Oprah and tell the world the intimate details of her conception, birth, and everything that came between then and now then that is her choice.

She is not a piece of meat, she is not property, she is a young woman with a mind and a life of her own,

Respect her choices!
MARG:

Now, you are overreacting and you have gone too far. No one has called Jazmin a piece of meat or property. I have a right to my opinions and thoughts. There is not a thing wrong with saying I would like to see her spending with her dad. I am a sucker for family.

And you don't know what her choices are! And no one tells me what to do.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I understand that you are a sucker for family. However, for whatever reason, this is more blood than family. I know from experience.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I understand that you are a sucker for family. However, for whatever reason, this is more blood than family. I know from experience.
I can agree with that somewhat. And ya know the two could be close and we just not know it.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:28 AM
Nobility

This thread perplexes me..I'm all for healthy debates and fun/civilized speculations but I'm sensing that for the last few days people are just talking in circles.I thought the definition of "private" and "hidden" had already been established but apparently not. This is like beating a dead horse.Rinse lather and repeat.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:31 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

Respect her choices!
Well put!
I'd love to see your words incorporated into a criteria for the press with regard to the degree of intrusion allowable, by the press, into the lives of the royal family and those members of society who are related to them in some way.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Aristocracy

I wonder if Jazmin went to Monaco this summer? I assume college is about to start again for her soon.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE=American Observer7;1303207]I can agree with that somewhat. And ya know the two could be close and we just not know it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

Burnt, actually, I'd like to see this thread closed.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Kitty, I agree with you. this thread could do with being closed - temporarily or otherwise.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Administrator

This thread has been closed for a variety of reasons (including the reasons you've listed). I can't tell you how many times the Monaco mods have received PM's asking for the thread to be reopened or how many times the subject of Albert's children have dominated his current events threads.

Its a no win situation.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:55 PM
Heir Apparent

With respect to the Mods, I still think that there is a big difference between Jasmin (adult) and Alexandre (child). We should not post about Alex, but Jasmin herself has shown that she is happy to be an adult in "the limelight".
Old 08-17-2011, 12:24 AM
Administrator

But has she really?

Other than a few articles, most of the information and pics that we get on Jazmin is based on Facebook photos that are being shared...maybe without her knowledge. Its not like she is club hopping like other royals (like the British Royals), nor is she in the military (like Sweden or Luxembourg), doing photo shoots for Vogue (her cousin Charlotte) or any public engagements (Madeline and Victoria). And I am basing my thought process on what I recall these people doing when they were Jazmin's age. Since the initial interviews, I have yet to see any pics of Jazmin in the limelight. IMO that doesn't show that she is happy to be in the limelight.

Frankly, I don't count anything that she has done when she was under the age of consent (which varies between the ages of 16 and 18 in the States). She is not even old enough to enter into a legal contract, so if she had desire to publicize her relationship with Albert, one would think that a legal guardian would say....maybe we shouldn't do that.

I don't know how it works elsewhere in the world but if Jazmin was a singer (like a Britney Spears), she could certainly have the talent, the drive and the ambition to be a big star...but to enter a recording contract, a tour, any endorsements, etc. Her parents would do that on her behalf. So that is how I am viewing any articles/pictures that were done prior to her being 18.

Old 08-19-2011, 05:01 AM
Courtier

I have no interest in reading about these 2 children at all. They are private individuals and their lives should remain so. I am sure Albert and the children's mothers want it that way too.

Time to move on and look to the future of Albert's children with Charlene.

These children are not royal, Albert just happens to be their father. They will never play a prominent role in Monaco's Royal life/or carry out royal engagements, nor should they!

Time to close the thread and leave these 2 alone.

If Albert sees them does/not see them that is his own business.

Whatever they do/don't do in the future I will not be commenting again. Their lives are private and I am sure of no interest whatsoever to the press/newspapers either. The past is the past, the way forward now is Charlene and her future children. Let Albert be allowed to move on from all these unnecessary stories about these 2 kids who will never want for anything. Albert can see them when he wants, he provides for them financially ..... what more is there to say! One is 19, one is 8! They are private individuals. I am sure the Prince and Princess see it that way too.