The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Prince Rainer forced Albert to not have contact with his daughter before and after she was born. For a while he secrectly continued contact but his father found out and he put a stop to all contact. His father was sovereigh so I kind of understand Albert fear or problem. We now Prince Rainer is dead so I think it will be OK for Albert to make his two kids part of the family officially.

And a recent article I just read last night stated that Jazim and her father do have a relationship. As far as his inviting to the wedding, he very well might have invited her and she probably decline due to all the media attention it would have attracted. We just don't know.
If that is true about Rainier it doesn't paint him in a very favourable light. Especially as he seemed to have accepted Camille. Also Albert is a man and he should have recognised his daughter out of love for her, despite his father's feelings on the matter.

I know that Jazmin may want to remain a private person, although given the photoshoots that she has done I doubt this. As for her not attending the wedding, surely given that it was under the control of Albert and at the palace he could have specified that she wasn't filmed. To be honest I don't buy this story that he wants a good fatherly relationship with his kids. Look at the facts. Albert is the head of state and is trying to make Monaco relevant with the other royal families in Europe. Imagine if Prince Charles had 2 illegitimate children. Whilst I'm sure he loves his kids it's not an ideal situation for him to be in, especially now that he's selling to the world his so-called fairytale romance with Charlene and likely they will have kids soon. He's not going to want his 2 other kids in the family portraits.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by budge9 View Post
He's not going to want his 2 other kids in the family portraits.
Well certainly not in any official family portraits since they are not part of the Princely family. It would not make sense to include them.

Again I do not understand why you want to inflict public attention of these 2 children. Are they not entitled to live a private life?

Old 08-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Well certainly not in any official family portraits since they are not part of the Princely family. It would not make sense to include them.

Again I do not understand why you want to inflict public attention of these 2 children. Are they not entitled to live a private life?
Good point. And why now when he wants to start a family with Charlene?!
It worked for all of them in the past why change anything?!
Old 08-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Aristocracy

I just read the lastest three posts above this one, this potrait talk? You all are actually expecting Albert to ignore the 2 kids he has already in favor of those he might have with Charlene? That sounds/reads absolutely horrible! Next I will read is that Albert should not provide for Jazmin and Alexandre in his will because of how they were born. Well, according to their father they WILL inherit his personal fortune which estimated to be between 1.5 billion to 2 billion dollars.

How Jazmin and Alexandre came to be is not their fault and they are apart of the princely family as they are Albert's flesh and blood. It's thoughts and attitudes like this that will make it hard on these two kids. It's not right!
Old 08-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I just read the lastest three posts above this one, this potrait talk? You all are actually expecting Albert to ignore the 2 kids he has already in favor of those he might have with Charlene? That sounds/reads absolutely horrible! Next I will read is that Albert should not provide for Jazmin and Alexandre in his will because of how they were born. Well, according to their father they WILL inherit his personal fortune which estimated to be between 1.5 billion to 2 billion dollars.

How Jazmin and Alexandre came to be is not their fault and they are apart of the princely family as they are Albert's flesh and blood. It's thoughts and attitudes like this that will makes it hard on these two kids. It's not right!
No one is passing blame because of how they came into existence and
I don`t think anyone is suggesting they should not inherit part of his private estate. I am merely saying that since they are not part of his official family they will not be part of any official family portraits with any future children of the Prince & Princess of Monaco. They may very well appear in private family pictures not released to the public.

I don't understand your need to have these children forced into the public eye or perhaps you cannot see the separation between private life and public life.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

In the case of Alexandre, there is no question of him being "forced into the public eye", neither from his mother nor his father.

Regarding Jasmin, she is an adult and can deal on her own behalf.

It's a case of: "Watch this space !"
Old 08-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't expect either of them to appear on the postage stamps any time soon,
Old 08-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Aristocracy

The issue that I have is with the sentiment that because how these kids came into this world that some feel they should be separated from the rest of the Grimaldi Family officially and privately.

I would be thrilled to see Albert one day take is daughter on an official trip overseas with him to attend a ball etc because he wants to show off his beautiful daughter and tell everybody how proud is of her and that she is his daughter. And from what I have read about Jazmin, both parents have every reason to be proud.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I would be thrilled to see Albert one day take his daughter on an official trip overseas with him to attend a ball etc because he wants to show off his beautiful daughter and tell everybody how proud is of her and that she is his daughter.
I expect that to happen right after she appears on the postage stamps.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I expect that to happen right after she appears on the postage stamps.
You see, that is exact what I am talking about. I assume you are saying he'll never do that? Anyway, to each his or her own!

The point I was trying to convey is that would nice father/daughter time for them and it would a good way for Albert to show his daughter that his is not ashamed of her but proud.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The point I was trying to convey is that would nice father/daughter time for them and it would a good way for Albert to show his daughter that his is not ashamed of her but proud.
Aren't you assuming that 1) they do not have a private relationship and 2) that she does feel he is ashamed of her and 3)that she would even want that kind of public exposure?

We really have no idea what his private relationship is with either of his 2 children......and that is IMO is the way it should be.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Aren't you assuming that 1) they do not have a private relationship and 2) that she does feel he is ashamed of her and 3)that she would even want that kind of public exposure?

We really have no idea what his private relationship is with either of his 2 children......and that is IMO is the way it should be.
Point well taken but no. I would like for him to want to show her off. It would nice to see father and daughter together.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7

Point well taken but no. I would like for him to want to show her off. It would nice to see father and daughter together.
I agree :) and as a side note- have you ever read Meg Cabot's princess diaries series? The movie changed the story, but the books are about the illegitimate daughter of a small fictional European principality that's pretty obviously based on Monaco and her life after she finds out her dad is a prince. They're for teens but they're charming.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for that, HRHHermione ! I will hunt them down in my local library :-)
Old 08-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Aristocracy

Does any know if Caroline, Stephanie and their kids have met Jazmin Grace?
Old 08-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Time to end the speculation.

We don't know of the relationship that Albert (if any) has with Alexandre and Jazmin. We don't know if any other members of the Grimaldi family have met Alexandre and Jazmin.

Time to move on.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

Old 08-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Aristocracy

This will never happen but I think Jazmin would be perfect for Prince Harry and I hear he likes pretty girls and she is VERY beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Is it really necessary to refer to his children as illegtimate all of the time? I am sorry, but that is a pet peeve of mine. Like referring to adopted children, as his adopted daughter, their adopted son, etc.

I believe we are all aware that kids were conceived out of wedlock.
Zonk:

I just happen to run across this post! Amen!! I agree 100%! It is not right to label those kids. The pet peeves you have mentioned. I have the same!
Old 08-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

HRHHermione, here's the Wikipedia article for Meg Cabot.
I didn't realise how prolific an author she is :-)

Meg Cabot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 08-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711
HRHHermione, here's the Wikipedia article for Meg Cabot.
I didn't realise how prolific an author she is :-)

Meg Cabot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yup, she's written a ton of great stuff. And I think anyone who's wondered what it would be like if Jazmin were a part of the Monaco princely family will really enjoy the Princess Diaries books, which are ultimately about a pretty normal teenager who happens to be a princess.

A good way to enjoy speculating without intruding on the real life of any of Albert's children :)
Old 08-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Serene Highness

That's like saying King Albert of Belgium should take his illegitimate daughter on state business. It's ridiculous. She isn't a state figure like his other children are, she dosn't represent Belgium anymore than Albert of Monaco's children represent Monaco. Don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for Prince Albert's children because they can never fully be part of his world and that's a shame but it's not for the world to speculate on how he will get around this in private and private is the only way it can ever be for them as it's only the children he has with Princess Charelene who will ever be classsed as Royal.