Prince Albert's Older Children Part 1: 2009 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The point I was trying to convey is that would nice father/daughter time for them and it would a good way for Albert to show his daughter that his is not ashamed of her but proud.

Aren't you assuming that 1) they do not have a private relationship and 2) that she does feel he is ashamed of her and 3)that she would even want that kind of public exposure?

We really have no idea what his private relationship is with either of his 2 children......and that is IMO is the way it should be.

Aren't you assuming that 1) they do not have a private relationship and 2) that she does feel he is ashamed of her and 3)that she would even want that kind of public exposure?

We really have no idea what his private relationship is with either of his 2 children......and that is IMO is the way it should be.

Point well taken but no. I would like for him to want to show her off. It would nice to see father and daughter together.

American Observer7 said:
Point well taken but no. I would like for him to want to show her off. It would nice to see father and daughter together.

I agree :) and as a side note- have you ever read Meg Cabot's princess diaries series? The movie changed the story, but the books are about the illegitimate daughter of a small fictional European principality that's pretty obviously based on Monaco and her life after she finds out her dad is a prince. They're for teens but they're charming.

Thanks for that, HRHHermione ! I will hunt them down in my local library :)

Time to end the speculation.

We don't know of the relationship that Albert (if any) has with Alexandre and Jazmin. We don't know if any other members of the Grimaldi family have met Alexandre and Jazmin.

Time to move on.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

This will never happen but I think Jazmin would be perfect for Prince Harry and I hear he likes pretty girls and she is VERY beautiful.

Is it really necessary to refer to his children as illegtimate all of the time? I am sorry, but that is a pet peeve of mine. Like referring to adopted children, as his adopted daughter, their adopted son, etc.

I believe we are all aware that kids were conceived out of wedlock.

Zonk:

I just happen to run across this post! Amen!! I agree 100%! It is not right to label those kids. The pet peeves you have mentioned. I have the same! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Renata4711 said:
HRHHermione, here's the Wikipedia article for Meg Cabot.
I didn't realise how prolific an author she is :)

Meg Cabot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yup, she's written a ton of great stuff. And I think anyone who's wondered what it would be like if Jazmin were a part of the Monaco princely family will really enjoy the Princess Diaries books, which are ultimately about a pretty normal teenager who happens to be a princess.

A good way to enjoy speculating without intruding on the real life of any of Albert's children :)

That's like saying King Albert of Belgium should take his illegitimate daughter on state business. It's ridiculous. She isn't a state figure like his other children are, she dosn't represent Belgium anymore than Albert of Monaco's children represent Monaco. Don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for Prince Albert's children because they can never fully be part of his world and that's a shame but it's not for the world to speculate on how he will get around this in private and private is the only way it can ever be for them as it's only the children he has with Princess Charelene who will ever be classsed as Royal.

angela said:
That's like saying King Albert of Belgium should take his illegitimate daughter on state business. It's ridiculous. She isn't a state figure like his other children are, she dosn't represent Belgium anymore than Albert of Monaco's children represent Monaco. Don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for Prince Albert's children because they can never fully be part of his world and that's a shame but it's not for the world to speculate on how he will get around this in private and private is the only way it can ever be for them as it's only the children he has with Princess Charelene who will ever be classsed as Royal.

I don't personally think it's ridiculous at all- many, many modern families are blended at this point, and I personally consider it huge progress. I don't think the princely family should be held to a different standard on this than anyone else, and I'd be absolutely fine with either of these children taking on a public role, if it's what they wanted.

It's highly unlikely though, and I don't expect to ever see it.

I don't feel sorry for PA's current children. I'm sure they have affluent lives.

I don't feel sorry for PA's current children. I'm sure they have affluent lives.

Exactly, they will have the benefits that come with being his children without the obligations that will fall to any children he might have with his wife.

Hi guys, I hope you all are fine. Most of the talk here is about Jazmin. I know she is now off age so we can discuss her, but has anyone seen Alexander lately. He is about to celebrate his eight birthday soon.

Many of you seem to just believe that Prince Albert is going to just hide this children away and not be seen with them in public because of the circumstances of their birth. That is cruel. Many of you still blaming them. That is ashame. It truly is. However, I think Prince Albert will end up taking Jazmin with him on overseas trips ect. He has every reason to be proud of that young lady and to show her off.

And know this, if Prince Albert down the line wants to make changes to the Monaco constitution that his father did he can do so and then name is daughter has his heir. As the reigning Prince he can do both, I found that out today.

Last edited:
Many of you seem to just believe that Prince Albert is going to just hide this children away and not seen with them im public because of the circumstances of their birth. That is cruel. Many of you still blaming them. That is ashame. It truly is. However, I think Prince Albert will end up taking Jazmin with him on overseas trips ect. He has every reason to be proud of that young lady and to show her off.

And know this, if Prince Albert down the line wants to make changes to the Monaco constitution that his father did he can do so and then name is daughter has his heir. As the reigning Prince he can do both, I found that out today.
He can make changes to the constitution but unless he divorces Charlene, gets that marriage annulled by the Catholic Church and marry one of the mothers there is no way either child can rule Monaco. Of course he could change the State religion and break away from the Church and marry one of the mothers along with the change to the Constitution to make them a legitimate heir. There is the problem Monaco is a Constitutional Monarchy and he will need the approval of the counsel, France to consider to change the treaty again and so on and so forth. It took them a few years to come up with Constitutional changes that was accepted. Why would he change it again when their are already several heirs?

Just because you haven't seen a photo of Albert with his children in public does not mean he hasn't gone in public with them I already posted they have.

Last edited:
Many of you seem to just believe that Prince Albert is going to just hide this children away and not seen with them im public because of the circumstances of their birth. That is cruel. Many of you still blaming them. That is ashame. It truly is. However, I think Prince Albert will end up taking Jazmin with him on overseas trips ect. He has every reason to be proud of that young lady and to show her off.

I am 99.9% sure that we will never see photos of Albert out with Jazmin or Alexandre. I'm sure he has good feelings towards his children but I guarantee that if you asked Albert now he would say that ideally all of his children would have been born within wedlock.

To have a child from a fling is not ideal but is a situation that many people deal with in their lives. However given that Albert has 2 children born in this way and rumours of a third is an embarrassing situation for somebody to find themselves in. Yes in life things aren't perfect and contraceptive mistakes happen, but for it to happen 2 or 3 times is embarrassing, especially for somebody in Albert's position on the world stage.

I just cannot ever see Jazmin or Alexandre attending Monaco National Day celebrations with Charlene and her children with Albert. I'm sure all of the kids will know each other but I doubt we'll see any sign of this in public.

"Conditional Monarchy" ???
Did you mean a Constitutional Monarchy ?

I am 99.9% sure that we will never see photos of Albert out with Jazmin or Alexandre. I'm sure he has good feelings towards his children but I guarantee that if you asked Albert now he would say that ideally all of his children would have been born within wedlock.

To have a child from a fling is not ideal but is a situation that many people deal with in their lives. However given that Albert has 2 children born in this way and rumours of a third is an embarrassing situation for somebody to find themselves in. Yes in life things aren't perfect and contraceptive mistakes happen, but for it to happen 2 or 3 times is embarrassing, especially for somebody in Albert's position on the world stage.

I just cannot ever see Jazmin or Alexandre attending Monaco National Day celebrations with Charlene and her children with Albert. I'm sure all of the kids will know each other but I doubt we'll see any sign of this in public.

Maybe you cannot see it because it is what you would do in his shoes. And that is really sad. I think we well see things unfold differently if Jazmin takes her father up on his offer to study or live in Monaco.

In fact in a recent article, I remember reading that Prince Albert insisted that is would not or is not trying hide his children. He said that he would be happy if Jazmin moved to Monaco. And I believe him until I see, hear or read differently. Many of you want him to ignore these children and for him not to even try to make them apart of his world. None of this is the fault to those children!

And you cannot garantee anything. You, I nor anyone else knows what Prince Albert has done or will do about his kids but I do THINK all the nay sayers be in for a shock and I will be happy for those children.

Last edited:
No offence AmericanObserver7, but I think you have read too many Princess Diaries books.:whistling:

No offence AmericanObserver7, but I think you have read too many Princess Diaries books.:whistling:

Thanks for the laugh ::ROFLMAO:

Prince Albert has been adamant on his interviews that these children belong to his private life and as such will no perform official duties in/for the principality.

Thanks for the laugh ::ROFLMAO:

Prince Albert has been adamant on his interviews that these children belong to his private life and as such will no perform official duties in/for the principality.

I was not talking about official duties and I would not expect them to unless something changes and it can.

LOL, Agreed,but then I suppose we all grew up on fairy tales and I guess some people still believe in them.

Lets give PA and the kids a break, and let their relationship be what ever they want it to be in private.

Last edited:
LOL, Agreed,but then I suppose we all grew up on fairy tales and I guess some people still believe in them.

Lets give PA and the kids a break, and let their relationship be what ever they want it to be in private.

Agreed! I just hope Prince Albert is not ashamed of his children and I feel that some believe that he should be and that they need to be kept hidden from the public. The sentiment is just horrible!

And Jazmin is an adult therefore she will not be hidden for much longer and PA's first grandchildren will come from her one day. He should proud of Jazim and I hope that he is.

OK, but I think you are confusing "private" with "hidden". No one is saying he is or should be ashamed of his children, merely that his relationship with them is a private matter.
I think he is quite wise in keeping things private. He, more than most people, should be aware of the problems caused by living your life in the public eye and no doubt wishes to protect them from photographers, fortune hunters and hangers on who want to be close to the princes children simply because they are his children.

People will try to take advantage of them and they are not savvy like his nieces and nephews are.

Hi guys, I hope you all are fine. Most of the talk here is about Jazmin. I know she is now off age so we can discuss her, but has anyone seen Alexander lately. He is about to celebrate his eight birthday soon.

Hi Bahamagirl, no I haven't seen any recent photos of Alexandre but I would certainly like to.

He is a handsome child, and the spitting image of PA at the same age. And I cannot believe he is about to be eight years old....:whistling:

Alexandre is so cute. I wonder if he speaks English? As for Jazmin, I understand that she can sing. I predict that she will become a celebrity in her own right as a singer or maybe an actress like her grandmother, Grace Kelly.

I also read that is was HIS IDEA to make "Grace" as one of her names in honor of her grandmother.

Jazmin has already been a minor celebrity since the "enormous blue dress" photo of hers.

I guess she will want a life of her own - hanging out with friends etc. - rather than being pursued by photographers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom