The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 10-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I have not added her as a friend nor will I. If she didn't want anybody to view her page or see any of her photos then she could make it this way. I had searched her name merely out of interest to see if she had any contact with her cousins and it turned out that she did.
if people want to remain private they don't post their pics on facebook or they choose option so only friends can see their pics.
On the other hand being friends with someone on facebook means nothing. If someone has 1000 friends on facebook I doubt he/she makes any contact with most of them. People having 1000 friends most likely accept any friend request. I know people who have 100 friends on fb and don't know who 80 or 90 % of them are. One weird thing, Camille is only 10 y.o and she already has a fb account?
On the other hand I began to have doubt if it is Jazmin real account. Seriously. A few months ago, on some royal board someone sent Jazmin private pics to this board admin. and this admin posted them with a good intention but later this admin. realized that the way this anonymous person wanted to spread Jazmin pics was so weird that it was decided to remove pics from the board. Those pics showed Jazmin wearing e.g. blue dress or black dress with heavy make up. Pics were OK, there was nothing shocking in pics at all, but they were obviously private. So, it may be someone who took Jazmin pics and posts them on facebook under "her" account.
__________________

__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 10-18-2010, 04:16 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
if people want to remain private they don't post their pics on facebook or they choose option so only friends can see their pics.
On the other hand being friends with someone on facebook means nothing. If someone has 1000 friends on facebook I doubt he/she makes any contact with most of them. People having 1000 friends most likely accept any friend request. I know people who have 100 friends on fb and don't know who 80 or 90 % of them are. One weird thing, Camille is only 10 y.o and she already has a fb account?
On the other hand I began to have doubt if it is Jazmin real account. Seriously. A few months ago, on some royal board someone sent Jazmin private pics to this board admin. and this admin posted them with a good intention but later this admin. realized that the way this anonymous person wanted to spread Jazmin pics was so weird that it was decided to remove pics from the board. Those pics showed Jazmin wearing e.g. blue dress or black dress with heavy make up. Pics were OK, there was nothing shocking in pics at all, but they were obviously private. So, it may be someone who took Jazmin pics and posts them on facebook under "her" account.
You could be right Lakshmi. Maybe it isn't her. I would have thought that Jazmin would have made her account private so that it could not be searched for or that if found no picture would appear.
__________________

__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 10-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
You could be right Lakshmi. Maybe it isn't her. I would have thought that Jazmin would have made her account private so that it could not be searched for or that if found no picture would appear.
I agree. I think that like many teens Jazmin might not be very concerned about her privacy on fb, but her mom for sure is. It has been reported that Jazmin is very controlled by her mom, so I believe her mother did everything that Jazmin's account has appropriate settings.
__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 10-18-2010, 06:00 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,937
That makes sense. It just doesn't add up to me that if this wasn't her account then why would Louis and Michael be friends with her?
__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 10-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Lakshmi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: *, United States
Posts: 1,226
crm2317, you ask good questions about Jazmin's account. But it is possible to accept someone on fb even if you don't know them. You mentioned that you don't know Michael or Louis and you just think that they just might know you friends in USA, but still both Michael and Louis accepted you as friend.
I have dozen of friends requests and I have no clue who those people are. but I know they cannot know me or my friends.
So, it possible that Michael and Louis who have no problem accepting strangers. Especially that they have 1000 friends so they don't mind to accept "Jazmin" even if they never saw her; like many teens they probably care less who of their 1000s friends is real person.
__________________
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.''
Eleanor Roosevelt

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 10-18-2010, 06:41 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
crm2317, you ask good questions about Jazmin's account. But it is possible to accept someone on fb even if you don't know them. You mentioned that you don't know Michael or Louis and you just think that they just might know you friends in USA, but still both Michael and Louis accepted you as friend.
I have dozen of friends requests and I have no clue who those people are. but I know they cannot know me or my friends.
So, it possible that Michael and Louis who have no problem accepting strangers. Especially that they have 1000 friends so they don't mind to accept "Jazmin" even if they never saw her; like many teens they probably care less who of their 1000s friends is real person.
You are so right! I added them out of curiosity and they said yes! I guess we will never know for sure!
__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 10-18-2010, 10:34 PM
nascarlucy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Florida Area, United States
Posts: 1,354
I doubt if any royal or anyone connected to royalty would have an open facebook or an open social network where anyone could be their friend. By reading this website, they would know what royal households bloggers like, but I doubt if any of them would write a private e-mail message stating who they are and then saying they wanted to be your friend. Privacy is a major concern to them so opening themselves up to the world is something they wouldn't do.

Tabloid newspapers and the press would have a field day if Prince or Princess X or Y had an open facebook with 2 million friends and told them everything about themselves or what went on in their daily lives. That wouldn't happen period.

I remember several years ago while looking up the time for a nascar TV show got a request to be a friend to a woman who was on this show. I was surprised as I don't know her personally and she doesn't know me. There was this web page which supposedly was hers but I really wonder if it was. I declined the request to be a friend.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 10-19-2010, 06:22 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,500
The threats of Cyberterrorism, stolen identity fraud and other "nasties" demands that all governments and Heads of State have to be protected by the internal and external security forces of their respective countries.

Forget FB and other social networks - you won't find any "royals" in any of them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 10-19-2010, 06:46 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 27,234
_________________


Before this ends in a general FB discussion, let's get back to the topic of this thread!

Thank you for your understanding!
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 10-19-2010, 10:21 AM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,025
Now that Jazmin is 18, I don't think she is interested in privacy. All the modeling and photo shoots, etc., belies that. As for being controlled by her mother, she is now of legal age and mom no longer has a say.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 10-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Sternchen's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: xxx, Germany
Posts: 1,282
Being of legal age doesn't mean that mom no longer has a say
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 10-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ELKTON, United States
Posts: 368
Maybe Jaz mother won't.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 10-20-2010, 06:34 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,937
I think she is entitled to privacy however she decides to which degree. If she was an extremely private person she would shy away from modelling and posing in magazines. However just because she has done a few things doesn't mean she enjoys too much attention she maybe enjoys attention when under her control and not being stalked by media
__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 10-20-2010, 08:54 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 1,025
I'm sure Jazmin is busy with her new college environment - too busy to model or pose for magazines. Freshman year is a busy one, making new friends and exploring new things. As for the discussion on facebook. I'm sure she has a private facebook account - that being said if you have a friend who has a friend, that friend can view your photos and account. It is possible Jazmin trusted the wrong person to friend on her facebook. I'm also willing to bet, that Albert's security team which included DeBecker is looking after her. Albert pays him a fee to do so. In the end, no matter how much encryption one has on facebook, one should never post a photo or write something that they wouldn't want them to read. We all need to keep that in mind. JMO
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 10-21-2010, 03:15 AM
Sternchen's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: xxx, Germany
Posts: 1,282
You can set the security settings on FB so, that only you friends can view your pics. So your friends friends can only view your pics if you don't set it properly.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 10-21-2010, 09:12 AM
crm2317's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
I'm sure Jazmin is busy with her new college environment - too busy to model or pose for magazines. Freshman year is a busy one, making new friends and exploring new things. As for the discussion on facebook. I'm sure she has a private facebook account - that being said if you have a friend who has a friend, that friend can view your photos and account. It is possible Jazmin trusted the wrong person to friend on her facebook. I'm also willing to bet, that Albert's security team which included DeBecker is looking after her. Albert pays him a fee to do so. In the end, no matter how much encryption one has on facebook, one should never post a photo or write something that they wouldn't want them to read. We all need to keep that in mind. JMO
She may be too busy to do those sort of things now but she has done it in the past.
Jazmin could set her privacy settings so that only her own friends can see her photo or information. If she had tight privacy settings she wouldn't appear as a friend on the lists of other people.
__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 10-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,378
Okay ....time to move on.
__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 10-29-2010, 03:29 PM
titiromi's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris & Salon-De-Provence, France
Posts: 296
Will they attend their father's wedding? ( Zonk, I really love your avatar )
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 10-30-2010, 01:53 AM
sirhon11234's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,464
There's no way for you to know that exactly.
__________________
"I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved."
Diana, the Princess of Wales
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 10-30-2010, 02:42 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 27,234
_________________

The question whether Prince Albert's children will attend their father's wedding or not
has already been discussed in the "Wedding Suggestions & Musings"-thread, it can't
be answered yet and shouldn't be a speculative topic for the next months (see
this post also). Thanks for your understanding!

Iceflower
Monaco Forum Moderator
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Albert's achievements paca Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family 165 08-15-2011 08:15 PM
Prince Albert's trip to Antarctica, Jan 2009 QUEENECE29 Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family 60 01-24-2009 12:25 PM
Oleg Cassini.....Possibly Prince Albert's REAL Father?? Casira_Azul Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family 65 08-16-2005 09:40 PM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]