The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayyp View Post
I have not had a chance to read all the postings to this thread, but has anyone heard of Prince Albert's children possibly inheriting any type of royal title? I know they are not eligible for the throne, but could they possibly be recognized by title, if they wanted to?
Charlotte, Pierre and Andrea do not have any titles and yet they were born in wedlock and to a Princess of Monaco.
If Jazmin or Alexandre got titles, it would mean they would have to do something with it.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I would have thought it's unlikely that Albert's children would be endowed with titles. They are his natural children. But it is perfectly possible that they could be adopted by the current Sovereign Prince, if PA's and CW's marriage failed to produce heirs.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
I would have thought it's unlikely that Albert's children would be endowed with titles. They are his natural children. But it is perfectly possible that they could be adopted by the current Sovereign Prince, if PA's and CW's marriage failed to produce heirs.
Still an adoption would not grant them rights to titles or the throne, due to the 2002 change-unless Prince Albert were to convince Crown Council and France that a change back in necessary....
Besides, Prince Albert's relationship with his children is a very private one-I doubt either of them would want the limelight like that at this point in their lives.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

There is, of course, a precedent in the shape of Princess Charlotte who was adopted and married to Prince Pierre. Her adoption was necessary, even vital, to the survival of the Monegasque dynasty.

Charlotte Casiraghi probably did not get a title, partly because she would become Princess Charlotte II, and partly because Caroline did not wish it.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:11 PM

Thank you all for your responses.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:07 AM

I got this off the internet it is a pic of Jaz and Dad

supposedly its from far away but it looks like her with her dad and his girlfriend on the beach it says ca but who knows. I understand she is in Monaco every summer for a while and sometimes in the winter as there are pictures. She was out in the dessert which is a very protected place to raise a kid. I believe Albert always knew about her. She is pretty and smart and i have watched since it was announced that she was his natural daughter and she looks more and more like Prince Albert and his mother. She is beautiful and smart and academically oriented so she could end up Dr Grimaldi LOL. Kate

Jazmin on the beach in CA - Fotolog
Old 10-08-2010, 04:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Looks more like a bodyguard to me...

She seems all you say she is .... I think she could become whatever she wishes...
Old 10-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Nobility

That picture with Jaz on the CA beach is PA lawyer with his daughter.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

PA lawyer? is it Thierry Lacoste ??
Old 10-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Nobility

Yes. It is.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Thierry Lacoste is the man who has had to sort out PA's life and decisions several times before, e.g. when PA's children were "discovered" by the press.

His mother is Nadia Lacoste who ran the Centre de Presse from the time when Grace arrived in the Principality.

Let's hope that CW will have a press secretary like Nadia !
Old 10-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Does he still work for Albert?
Does anyone know if they are on good terms?

Its kind of interesting that he is seen on the beach with Jazmin.

Old 10-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
There is, of course, a precedent in the shape of Princess Charlotte who was adopted and married to Prince Pierre. Her adoption was necessary, even vital, to the survival of the Monegasque dynasty.

Charlotte Casiraghi probably did not get a title, partly because she would become Princess Charlotte II, and partly because Caroline did not wish it.
Charlotte Casiraghi didn't get title of Princess, because the only way a Princess of Monaco (in her own right) can pass on the title Prince(ss) of Monaco, is if she is the ruling Princess. (If she is the only heir to the ruling Prince(ss), it would still require (as far as I know) a separate law)

About Princess Charlotte, that was a different case, since there is a relatively new law that prohibits the adopting as a way to secure the throne.

The only way Alexandre can become the heir, is if Prince Albert marries Nicole Coste.

Marrying the mother of Jazmin, Tamara Rotolo, won't make it work, because Tamara was still married to her former husband while giving birth to Jazmin. This means marrying Tamara won't make Jazmin his legal heir.

PR
Old 10-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Zonk, Thierry is one of PA's "gang" when he grew up, along with Georges Marsan (the current Mayor).
It was Thierry who had to weather the storm around the "coming out" of young Alexandre.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Administrator

So that is a yes?

And how recent is this picture? One wonders why Theirry is chilling on the beach with Jazmin. Oh the possiblities are endless.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Commoner

I think it just might be Prince Albert and Charlene on the beach with Jazmin. I googled Thierry Lacoste and was only able to find this one picture (See below), and I don't think the beach guy is Thierry.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__Ei_dKIFdx...0/Lacoste.jpeg
Old 10-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Gentry

I think if Al wants to make either Jazmin or Alexandre his heir he will find a way as was done in the past given that Charlotte's adoption was illegal.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Does he still work for Albert?
Does anyone know if they are on good terms?

Its kind of interesting that he is seen on the beach with Jazmin.
The photo is from June 2009 and this is the second time its made its rounds on the message boards. He has to much hair on his head to be Albert nor does it look like him.

Thierry Lacoste and Albert were like brothers. Thierry is said to be close to Jazmin why we have seen photos of them together in public. They were photographed at the beach in France except I don't recall which message board they were posted on.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
The photo is from June 2009 and this is the second time its made its rounds on the message boards. He has to much hair on his head to be Albert nor does it look like him.

Thierry Lacoste and Albert were like brothers. Thierry is said to be close to Jazmin why we have seen photos of them together in public. They were photographed at the beach in France except I don't recall which message board they were posted on.
Thank you. So the picture is at least a year old...well...that is very telling. Telling what...only Albert and Jazmin know.

Old 10-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I think PA has given Thierry the job of "personal adviser" to Jazmin; he was also heavily involved when the Alexandre story broke. I still have a copy of Point de Vue, showing correspondence by Thierry Lacoste (Maître Lacoste - a lawyer).