The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-04-2011, 04:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Another of PA's achievements is his regard for the towns and villages surrounding the Principality. This is evidenced by his choice of some local young people to act as Attendants at his wedding.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Courtier

Good point, I concur. And apologize for my bad attitude when it was first announced.

Now I see what Albert's intentions were, as I recall Rainier was always viewed by the people of Monaco as a father figure, someone they looked up to, and as a father figure Albert is inviting his family, which of course includes the littles ones from Monaco.

WTG, ALBERT, WTG!!!!

Old 06-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, PA is very much "le patron", but he doesn't throw his weight around.

I'm thinking of starting a thread about the Princely Family and their links to the French communities which surround Monaco.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Monaco Collectif Humanitaire is a Monegasque NGO (non-governmental organisation).

It was started by PA on his 50th birthday in March 2008.

Eighteen Monegasque charities and associations, working in humanitarian aid and development, formed a joint project:

to perform surgery in Monaco on children from developing countries whose medical problems could not have been treated in their own countries.

One year after its launch, 1,200,000 euro had been raised, and a hundred youngsters had been treated.

Last week, PA visited the Centre Cardio Thoracique de Monaco, to visit Basim, a five year old Syrian refugee, who had just recovered from two consecutive heart operations.

The charity Rencontres Africaines looks after the children from arrival to departure.

Another charity, Aviation Sans Frontières, look after them during their journey.

It was the 128th such operation .... so far...

Below is an article outlining the whole project

Monaco Collectif Humanitaire : le Prince Albert en visite

...and weblinks....

Association humanitaire Rencontres Africaines

Aviation sans frontières - Wikipédia

Aviation Without Borders

http://www.cooperation-monaco.gouv.mc/315coop/wwwnew.nsf/1909$/d67752669597609fc12575ae00475dc9gb?OpenDocument&6Gb
Old 08-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Further to my post #161 in this thread, the Prince has achieved another positive action which will help the many transalpine travellers close to the Principality.

The Italian and Monégasque governments have reached an accord by which the Social Security payments (CCSS) will be paid by Monaco.

The Monaco Telecom article is quite dense. Suffice it to say, the Monegasques have righted a wrong vis-a-vis the Italian transalpines, and possibly other "communautés limitrophes"...

Pendulaires italiens : se soigner à Monaco, è possibile !
Old 08-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Further to my posts # 160 and 161, another of PA's achievement(s) is his liking for the people and places around Monaco.

Some years ago, I saw a photo of PA on the occasion of him having been made an honorary citizen of Beausoleil (France) - next door...

I think it was Melina who mentioned some days ago that it's now Charlene's turn to become an honorary citizen of that village.

Another instance of PA being thoughtful towards his neighbours was the inclusion of seven young dancers on his wedding day - each one from one of the "communautés limitrophes".