Prince Albert's 10th Jubilee Celebrations: July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
MonacoGrimaldiArms.gif

ACmonogram.jpg

This is the thread dedicated to the jubilee celebrations of Prince Albert of Monaco in July 2015.

Prince Albert's enthronement took place on July 12, 2005, following the death of his father Prince Rainier III. in April 2005.

To mark the Prince's jubilee several events are planned for July 2015.

On July 11 Prince Albert and Princess Charlene will host a cocktail party for the Monégasques.

On July 12 a concert will be given at the Palace Square, including Robbie Williams, Lemar and Justin Caldwell. Monégasques and residents of Monacoare invited to attend.

** press release in French ** translation **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Last edited:
For the celebration of the ten years of his reign there will be two events Prince Albert wants two events

On july 11th, the prince and the princess of Monaco will receive the community of the monegash people on the place of the palace
on july 12, there will be a big concert on the place of the palace

Last edited by a moderator:
Wondeful! I'm waiting for more details.... perhaps the twins could make a quick appeareance too! Who knows...

Oh... I so hope P. Caroline and the Casiraghi's will atend the events... :ermm:

Princess Charlene made a surprise to prince Albert, She spoke to him and to monegash people in french, Albert was very moved
The qpeech for albert was full of love
The babies appeared at the balcony vevery quickly
All the family is here

He said that He did not know that his wife will do a speech and he was surprised
beautifuk ceremony

Princess Charlene made a surprise to prince Albert, She spoke to him and to monegash people in french, Albert was very moved
The qpeech for albert was full of love
The babies appeared at the balcony vevery quickly
All the family is here

Awww, that's lovely that she speeched in french :flowers:

Congratulations to P.Albert on his jubilee!

If you catch the live feed at the right time they are showing a documentary that highlights Albert's ten years as monarch. ( Where has that time gone ?)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Aww, such a lovely surprise from P,Charlene! And the response from the crowd was great, they applauded her for a long time. I thought that P Albert looked quite surprised, so this wasn't planned? If so, bravo to the Princess, it must have taken a lot of courage.

Just saw the first pics on newscom. P Albert was actually moved to tears and can be seen wiping his eyes. He must have been so overcome by his wife's speech. Also lovely pictures of them embracing. Can any of the French speakers translate for us?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Is there any video of her speech or indeed, Albert's speech?

It was again in the news of Monaco info at 7 pm, I think we wiil see the replay of these speechs in you tube or in Monaco channel.

Its great to watch this couple now, the twins did wonders to their appearance. Charlene appears happy and super confident.

Its a great gesture to do her discours in French. Still, I find her French still quite bad, considering her options of private teachers and how long she has been in the country. But its a good thing to see her confident enough now to speak it in public, finally.

I agree especially after the birth of the twins she is more confident. Very nice celebration.

What is bad in her french? as french, I found that she has an accent as foreign persons who are speaking french but the words are well prononced , she did read always her note and she looked at the people of Monaco and hre husband, she was doing a speech in front of a lot of persons and in french plus the moving of the day. She received a long applause from the monegash people.

There will be always persons on this board who are not satisfied. She woukd do a speech in English , we would have a lot of critics and she di a speech in french and there is a critic

As we say 'go on Charlene'

Charlene's looks really at ease of late and she appeared confident and gave a nice speech,I hope it wasn't too hot in Monaco today!

Nice to see Alberts siblings and nieces/nephews present also.

I've seen the video. It was a nice touch and a lovely surprise for Albert and I'm glad she's finally using French rather than English. But sorry, Melina (and I know you're French so have a good ear) but I think her accent is horrible. However, it was clear and perfectly comprehensible.

Kudos to the Princess! I thought it took great courage to deliver her first speech in French on such a huge occasion and in front of so many people. Of course her French was not perfect and her accent will be different. But her husband did not seem to notice or care, and neither did the Monegasque people, judging by their lengthy applause.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

It was very all very moving... I think that is the best gift she could give to Albert for his anniversary on the throne... Good job Charlene...

What is bad in her french? as french, I found that she has an accent as foreign persons who are speaking french but the words are well prononced , she did read always her note and she looked at the people of Monaco and hre husband, she was doing a speech in front of a lot of persons and in french plus the moving of the day. She received a long applause from the monegash people.

There will be always persons on this board who are not satisfied. She woukd do a speech in English , we would have a lot of critics and she di a speech in french and there is a critic

As we say 'go on Charlene'

If you have read my post completely, you can see that I give Charlene credit for her effort, but the last time I checked this is not a Charlene fan club where no critics are allowed.

I still think her french is poor/horrible accent, reading up 5 sentences after so many years for the first time is not impressive at all (it would have been maybe around engagement time). It was long overdue and I am glad she finally became confident enough to tackle this issue.

I noticed the only family member missing was Princess Alexandra. Anyone know the reason, or did I just overlook her?

Well I thought princess Charlene did a great job and they look soooo happy which is lovely to see

Wow, I had no idea that she'd never given a speech in French before. That's . . . surprising. She did well, but I think anyone who's taken a French class for a few months, or even just a few weeks, could probably do about the same. That said, Charlene is obviously having to do so in quite a high-profile context, and the stress of that can make it much more difficult. Good for her for finally going for it.

It's hard to understand what she's saying, and she makes mistakes like "un immense joie" and "Albert première"... Which is sort of embarrasing to listen to. I guess she never speaks French. I do hope she'll continue to try and make an effort. It's not easy for everyone, obviously.

Wonderful to see the interaction between Ch & A. Nice couple.

No shade for Charlene's speech. As someone who speaks limited french, it is intimidating to use it with a native speaker, as well as hard not feel self consious. I am always wondering if what I said made sense or did it sound like gibberish to them, or wonder how bady I am pronouncing things. I applaud her effort, and those in attendance seemed to appreciate it as well.

Back
Top Bottom