The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 07-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: nassau, United States
Posts: 31
Latest News on The Prince Albert situation

I have just read the latest article on the prince Albert situation by a Magazine called L'Express the headline states "Why Albert of Monaco chooses to tell the truth".

In the english translation to make a long story short this is what it is basically saying. Nicole and Albert had a relationship. Things were going nice at first as she and Albert spent a lot of time together in the open in France, they want out places in public together, but when they came to Monaco they had to be very discreet about their relationship. Nicole was in love with Albert and was hoping to be his wife. She forgot to take protection when they made love and got pregeant.Albert told her not to abort the baby, and little Alexandre was born.

Problems began in the relationship,because for sometime albert kept promising Nicole he would give the baby his name and acknowledge the child is his. He told her after the mourning period, than changed again and said maybe the end of the year. Nicole went to the media because she was frustrated with Alberts lies and promises, when in fact he never was planning to acknowlege the baby. Nicole was a very frustrated mother, who didnot want her child to grow a bastard so she exposed the story to the media as a way to get Albert to address the situation. Albert now after consulting with his lawyers has in private discussions has agreed to openly admit to the childs paternity that he is indeed the baby's father. We now have to wait and see who he will name his heir during his enthronment.
__________________

__________________
  #2  
Old 07-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: nassau, United States
Posts: 31
Now for my personal opinions on the matter. I admire Nicole to the fullest, for standing up for not only her rights, but the rights of that little baby. Albert to me is a fully grown man who chooses to avoid any form of responsibility whatsoever.

That baby didnot ask to be here, he fathered that child. And the fact that the mother had to go to such embrassing lengths for him to acknowlege what he did is a total disgrace!!!. I donot care if he is a prince or not, but hte fact that he is one,he should be more of an example to the public. I doubt he is going to marry Nicole,but if I was her even he asked I would say no!. She was good enough to have sex with, but not good enough to acknowlege, that this is indeed the mother of my child!.
__________________

__________________
  #3  
Old 07-04-2005, 12:35 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 18
Here is the article
http://www.lexpress.fr/info/monde/do...asp?ida=433857

All French radio stations are talking about it all day long. On Thursday Albert will officially declare that Alexandre is his son.
__________________
  #4  
Old 07-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Gabriella's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,746
Everybody is entitled to his or her own opinion. There is no reason for name calling or to bash someone because they have a differing opinon than you. I understand that this is a pretty heated debate and we have many members who have differing opinions. I ask that we all respect everyone on this forum and refrain from making rude comments.


Thank You,
Gabriella
Moderator
__________________
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. ~ Les Brown
  #5  
Old 07-04-2005, 04:41 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,059
slap me please

wow, thats some deep stuff. slap me and call me sally, i'm so shock
__________________
ain' no sunshine when i gone
  #6  
Old 07-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,505
Well if that is the situation then I think she did the right and courageous thing.
__________________
*Under Construction*
  #7  
Old 07-04-2005, 07:56 PM
The O.C. Fanatic's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Dakota, United States
Posts: 299
I remember reading about this in People magazine a while back. I never paid attention to that story I thought it was a rumor or whatever. I guess not.
__________________

  #8  
Old 07-04-2005, 08:19 PM
Idriel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: around, France
Posts: 1,130
So l'Express said Nicole forgot to use protection? And Albert? Did he never heard about condoms, or something?
I find a bit harsh those accusations about Albert beeing non committal or dishonest with Nicole.
He never quite hide her. She was with him at the royal balcony during an official event in Monaco. The discretion made sense due to his status as a prince. I think he just wanted to protect her. Nicole herself said he introduced her to his dad as his girlfriend. Rainier disliked her and Albert took his distances because of this (through the kid was conceived after the meeting...). Albert also took a paternity test (who was positive according to Nicole Coste) and paid (and still pay even after all she said) everything for Alexandre and Nicole: the apartment in Paris (not cheap), the food, the clothes, the lifestyle... (as far as I know, he does not have to pay for Nicole). In her interview, Nicole also said Albert recognized the kid legally. The reason why she's doing all that is because she wants public recognition. I find quite weird that she wants to throw her kid in public life. Look at how the grimaldis are always suing the press, I hope this poor kid won't have this kind of life...
Anyway, whatever Albert says on Thursday, that won't change anything regarding Monaco's succession since the kid is a love child, not legitimate.
__________________
  #9  
Old 07-04-2005, 09:30 PM
michelleq's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Philadelphia Region, United States
Posts: 771
No one should blame Albert solely; Nicole is by no means, innocent. Fault for the conception falls on both, but again, moreso Nicole. I don't think Albert ever promised to marry her with her having been married and 2 children already. That was a pipe dream. Did he love her? Only he can answer that; but he did, imho, show how much he cared for her because he never hid her. Just my opinion.
__________________
"Love thy neighbor as thyself"
  #10  
Old 07-04-2005, 09:56 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq
No one should blame Albert solely; Nicole is by no means, innocent. Fault for the conception falls on both, but again, moreso Nicole.
I'm not really quite sure I understand the basis for this argument: How is Nicole more responsible for the absence of contraception than Albert is? Two consenting adults who don't want children are both responsible for protecting themselves or ensuring that the other person is properly protected. It is 50/50, not 60/40 or 70/30 or 80/20 or 90/10.
__________________
  #11  
Old 07-04-2005, 10:08 PM
victoria_89's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 141
I think that theres a chance that Nicole's son is Alberts but i also kind of see it being a sceme just because ive never heard it talked about till Rainer died . Why didnt she make a big fuss than ?
I think as long as hes paying the bills and maybe visits the kid sometimes that that should be good enough .... And yes both adults should be protecting themselves but did she honestly think they were going to be married ?
I hope that doesnt come off rude or nasty but thats just what i think
__________________
  #12  
Old 07-04-2005, 10:10 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,505
When a woman is in love, she can believe anything.
__________________
*Under Construction*
  #13  
Old 07-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Wichita, United States
Posts: 335
Personally I won't believe anything until it comes from Albert himself. And as of now he hasn't made any claims to the paternity of Alexandre or any other child, so I don't believe anything that's been said.
__________________
  #14  
Old 07-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
When a woman learns the man she is having a sexual affair with learns he is involved with another woman and being seen with openly on a regular bases, tells that man she is on birth control pills to prevent pregnancy and he believes her but she forgets this one time to take her pill and should have taken it as soon as she realized it and then continued with the pills the fault lays on the woman not the man for failing to keep up her part to prevent a pregnancy. Also to try to trap the man
I certainly agree with Alexandria in this case. As you know, no form of birth control except abstinence is 100% effective, this information is written on just about all contraceptive devices. When Albert and Nicole decided to "do the deed" they should've considered that there was always a possibility that Nicole could get pregnant.
__________________
  #15  
Old 07-04-2005, 10:23 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,505
ALbert has done the deed with dozens of women, most of whom have not gotten pregnant. WHy would he have considered anything?
__________________
*Under Construction*
  #16  
Old 07-04-2005, 11:17 PM
mw7060a's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
I disagree Nicole stated she forgot her pill after learning what she did? Besides Albert hasn't even said Alexandre is his. This could be argued for hours and I don't feel like it. <Removed personal comments>.
Being a female, I have always felt it a woman's responsibility for taking charge when it comes to precautions, since it is her body that runs the risk of becoming pregnant. I think it is plain naive for women to depend on a man for birth control. Just in general (nothing against Prince Albert), women should not depend on men to be responsible for birth control. Maybe in a perfect world, Yes, men should be responsible, but in the end it is us ladies that end up holding the bag...for nine months. This is just my opinion.

<Removed personal comments>
__________________
  #17  
Old 07-05-2005, 08:32 AM
dreed777's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South, United States
Posts: 177
When a man has pretty much terminated a relationship with a woman and knows the woman still wants him, he should know that she could possibly use pregnancy (intentional or unintentional) to maintain contact with him. Sleeping with her while trying to end the relationship is not using good judgement, but sleeping with her while he's trying to end the relationship and HIM not using protection is just plain "not too bright". ESPECIALLY if you are extremely wealthy/famous, etc.
__________________
  #18  
Old 07-05-2005, 09:14 AM
mw7060a's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreed777
When a man has pretty much terminated a relationship with a woman and knows the woman still wants him, he should know that she could possibly use pregnancy (intentional or unintentional) to maintain contact with him. Sleeping with her while trying to end the relationship is not using good judgement, but sleeping with her while he's trying to end the relationship and HIM not using protection is just plain "not too bright". ESPECIALLY if you are extremely wealthy/famous, etc.
This is true. I agree with your statement, dreed777.
__________________
  #19  
Old 07-05-2005, 09:19 AM
mw7060a's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 229
Here is an article stating that Prince Albert plans to recognize Alexandre after the mourning period is over:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/internatio...521232,00.html
__________________
  #20  
Old 07-05-2005, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
ALbert has done the deed with dozens of women, most of whom have not gotten pregnant. WHy would he have considered anything?
If that's how Albert is thinking then he is naive and not too bright as someone else has put it. To think like that is to think of all those naive highschool myths: You can't get pregant the first time or you can't get pregant if you do it during your time of the month.

Just because Albert had intimate with dozens of other women (and this doesn't speak too highly of him either) and didn't use the proper protection and they didn't get pregnant doesn't mean that it could never happen. That it did happen with Nicole does not mean that she set him up necessarily -- it just means that he was lucky all those dozens of other times.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 4 : April 2005 - May 2005 Julia Current Events Archive 174 05-05-2005 12:42 PM
HSH Prince Albert Current Events 2 : May 2004 - Nov.2004 galisteo Current Events Archive 122 11-24-2004 08:37 AM
Prince Albert Current Events 1 : Nov.2002 - May 2003 Julia Current Events Archive 198 05-07-2004 09:58 PM
Charles And Camilla news and pics 1: Oct 2002 - Oct 2003 Lorraine Current Events Archive 134 10-31-2003 10:31 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman poland pom president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]