Prince Albert Is the Father of Alexandre

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted 2know if Albert was 2say adopt Alexandre, would the child then become heir? Also wasn't there a previous illegitimate heir on the throne in Monaco b4?

My opinion on this is that Nicole got tired of waiting for Albert to publicly acknowledge Alexandre and she went ahead & exposed the situation. She should have waited until the official mourning period was over @least. Still he's been there 4his son, so thats good!!!

He really needs 2marry and produce a legitimate heir. This will ease any pressure of Caroline's children Andrea, Pierre and Charlotte. He should have settled down a long time ago!!!

Amina said:
Just wanted 2know if Albert was 2say adopt Alexandre, would the child then become heir? Also wasn't there a previous illegitimate heir on the throne in Monaco b4?QUOTE]

Hi Amina

I am just guessing here but i think that if Albert were to adopt Alexandre, he will be the heir to the throne. I dont see any reason why he wouldnt be. This is just my pure guesswork, im not really sure.

well, i hope albert can fine the women of his dreams(i hope its not nicole) and marry her. then have lots of children.

According to new succession laws (changed by Rainier in 2002, but apparently not yet ratified by France) an adopted child is not in the succession line, just as a natural one...only legitimate children, born in a legitimate wedding, can be in line of succession. In order for Alexandre to become the heir Albert should marry his mother, that's the only way if Albert doesn't decide to change the Constitution again...

Kisses

I think it was Sad how every one handled it, he should of stood up at the beginning and said " this is my child" instead of hiding behind closed doors all the time, I think everyone comes out of it looking bad ( except the child) all I can say Im glad that neither of them are my parents.

Amina said:
Just wanted 2know if Albert was 2say adopt Alexandre, would the child then become heir? Also wasn't there a previous illegitimate heir on the throne in Monaco b4?

My opinion on this is that Nicole got tired of waiting for Albert to publicly acknowledge Alexandre and she went ahead & exposed the situation. She should have waited until the official mourning period was over @least. Still he's been there 4his son, so thats good!!!

He really needs 2marry and produce a legitimate heir. This will ease any pressure of Caroline's children Andrea, Pierre and Charlotte. He should have settled down a long time ago!!!

Rainier's mother was illegitimate by birth.

I don't see need for him to marry if only due to succession. For awhile now, in the back of Caroline's children's minds, they knew they had a chance for the throne and the responsibilities that entailed. If Albert needs to marry, then it should be for love and happiness.

Frankly, I don't see a reason for him to marry Nicole just because of Alexandre. I've seen so many of my friends have children outside of marriage, then marry the fathers and the marriages collapse within two years. In most cases, marrying after having a child and marrying for the sake of the child is just compounding the problem. As much as a child is very important in one's life, marrying someone for them while lacking deep respect and thought for the other person is a mistake. It'd cause more heartache not only for the couple, but for the child later on if it only causes conflict.

I agree. There is probably way too much water under the bridge at this point for Albert and Nicole to ever end up together. They will do well to overcome any bitterness and anger and be able to always "get along" for Alexandre's sake, and I think they will. :)

I find the position that Albert should be commended for acknowleding his own child kind of strange.

First of all we don't know what he promised Nicole or what passed between them so the position that somehow she some wanton and his some innocent victim is just plain ludicrous and I still hold to my position that if she were Swedish or Irish or just blonde of any kind the nasty innuendos about her character would not be appearing on this board.

Finally what exactly did Albert do? His child won't succeed him (and I understand about the Constitution and such so that's fine), but the child will also NOT carry his father's name. A name is the first thing a man gives his child in this life. He wants the child to live in relative obscurity (translation: please forget he exists) an obscurity his other children if he has any won't be living in and most offensive of all he announced to the freeworld that the child was not wanted-out of respect for his own child and the fact that Alexandre will have to read this this someday all he had to say was "unforeseen" and left it there.

So what did he dd? He did not acknowledge his son. He bascially said "I have a little secret I've been keeping and I've decided to let you in on it since you found out anyway-now please go forget about it" That's what he did and that's all he did.

Queenie

Last edited by a moderator:
I still cannot believe he admitted to being the father. The guy's got balls, I'll say that for him. Certainly this cannot increase the prestige of the Grimaldis in the eyes of their royal counterparts. Years of partying, divorces, scandals, drug use, and now illegitimate children (Stephanie broke that taboo years ago, but, still, he is the reigning prince)? Wow... Queen Victoria would certainly not be amused.

leahteresa said:
Aloha, on holiday but now I"m back in the grove.

She's all about the cash.....said it a long time ago, still saying it. Oh, and probably the attention too. Sadly, famous people attract people who also want to be famous. Did I not just read she drives a BMW, has a body gaurd and is getting ready to move into a nice new place? Then, if albert dies, she gets some of the inheratance....? I don't care if I offend, she is in it for the money. Once she realized she wasn't getting the ring she cashed out the only way she knew how.
Exactly! This is what I thought from the beginning -- she keeps changing her line about why she went public and she seems to been suing for more than recognition for the boy. In her interviews, she said her only wish was to have a recognition for the boy (I guess she may have changed her mind at some point):

In the AFP this was also said by her lawyer (sorry if it's been seen already):

..."Speaking after Wednesday's statement from the prince, Coste's lawyer Daniel Vaconsin said: "We welcome this recognition with relief but also vigilance," adding that the mother's legal and financial status now had to be resolved. "

Plainly want even more cash for herself and she seems also to be asking for something to change/be done on her own legal status -- maybe she's trying to sue more for him to make her into some kind of elevated status :eek: -- I would not know, by that's just my own crazy guess. but who knows?? :confused:

Only time will tell...

Last edited:
OK -- I seem to have answered a little bit of my own question somewhat -- along with some more cash for herself looks like to me she is also trying to press Albert even more for a special 'position' or designation or something.
It's my own opinion based on what her lawyer seems to be saying...

Perhaps a new Royal representative at Monaco with an office in the pink palace right next to his? Princess Grace's former office?

Maybe a legal binding Princely appointment for life to attend and manage all royal galas and engagements and meet and greet the public and all other royalty and all dignitaries in Monaco and abroad?

Maybe official representative for the Annual Red Cross Ball in Monaco?

Do you think she'll get even more from him?

From the International Herald Tribune. Interesting...

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/07/07/news/monaco.php

Last edited:
I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to follow this much. Does anyone know (i.e. has it been published) if Caroline and Stephanie knew of Alexandre before the revelations?

I'm going to say discount on Karl Lagerfeld clothes hang out with Caroline and Erst on their yacht. Alex has a birthday coming up party at the palace fly flags and invite all the little prince and pricecess's from other reigning houses.
wittykitty:rolleyes:

Easy mark or not. Prince Albert is not some babe in the woods. As a wealthy royal bachelor he has been around and knows the tricks of the trade. Prince Albert is an adult and decides whom he wants to get involved with. And this woman did not put a gun to his head and force him into a sexual affair that went on for a good while. It takes two to tango as they say.

Nicole's character may or may not be dubious. She may be only in it for the money. Whatever the truth is in the end; Albert will have to deal with that in his own way. He is an adult. I'm sure he will get it under control. However none of this matters in the end. It does not matter how the child was conceived. As I stated the child is here and Albert is the father.

Albert was already providing for his son and now he has publicly acknowledged his son. And Albert plans to continue to provide for his son and see him on a much more regular basis. That is the proper thing to do. And as long as Albert does right by his son then all should be well. I think Albert is doing the right thing by his son and that is all that matters in my opinion.

Albert's situation just proves that one should never have sex with someone you would be shamed to acknowledge public if a problem should insue. As a heir to a principality he should have have better discerning taste in women. He could only blame himself as to why the situation turned out.

I think one thing that should be remembered is that there are always two sides to every story. No one person can be solely held at fault. As they say, it takes two to tango. I don't think it's fair to place all the blame on either Nicole or on Albert. Of course there will always be room for opinions, but I think it is unfair to place a label on either seeing as how we don't have the whole story.

Gabriella, I agree with you 100%. This is EXACTLY what I have been trying to convey on this forum for a month now.
I got involved in these discussions for one reason only - because it seemed that too many people were jumping to way too many conclusions without sufficient facts (remember when so many were totally convinced that Nicole was lying about everything and Albert was not the father?). Now it's all this conjecture that she has just been after his money all along. In all actuality, I don't really care a bit whether she was after his money or not. And I'm not sure why anyone else cares but it's apparent from these discussions that some people do. If she IS a golddigger, she's very good at it because it looks like she pretty much won the big bucks and the recognition, didn't she? ;) She may be like a lot of these people think - a coniving golddigger - but you gotta admit if she is she's apparently a SMART and successful coniving golddigger! :)

Gabriella said:
I think one thing that should be remembered is that there are always two sides to every story. No one person can be solely held at fault. As they say, it takes two to tango. I don't think it's fair to place all the blame on either Nicole or on Albert. Of course there will always be room for opinions, but I think it is unfair to place a label on either seeing as how we don't have the whole story.

Nicole alone went to the press and "outed" herself and her child. She did it for money and attention. If she had not done this one thing, made this one choice, this board would not exhist. It is entirely her fault, she did it for money and she is 100% to blame for this situation. She could have gotten an attorney, established paternity and gotten her financial support without going public.

Machevelli, Gabriella, Akilah, and Dreed77 have all made excellent points!!!

Well, I think her whole point of contention was that she HAD been trying, unsuccessfully, to establish paternity for almost two years. As far as the money, we'll never know if she will now get more from Albert or if it will remain about the same as it has been. I seriously doubt she'll get more than she already was - why would he give her more? If anything, she may even get less - I mean she could've screwed herself right out of some of the "hush" money. I would think if she was just all about the money, she was in a perfect spot to "negotiate" while she was holding the trump card. She has now played her trump card. Why would she do that if she was just trying to get more money? It doesn't make sense to me. (Just my opinion, of course.)

Nicole's lawyers vs Albert's lawyers...wouldn't his lawyers just play some game so that she woudl eventually tire and give up?

Prince Albert is hardly the first, or last, royal to have children without the benefit of a marriage. His paternal grandmother, Princess Charlotte, was the daughter of a Moroccan washerwoman and only legitmitized at the last moment when Prince Louis needed an heir to the principality. Grace was certainly not warmly welcomed as a suitable bride for Rainier by his people at the time of her marriage and her life was no fairy tale either.

Princess Stephanie has two children with dubious parentage and Princess Caroline has been no saint with her three marriages. Stephano was from a very shady Italian family with connections to the mob and Philippe was a jet-set hustler. Ernst is certainly a top drawer royal, but an alcoholic with a penchant for very poor behavior. The history of the Grimaldis is hardly inconsistent when you think about it.

I think Nicole was definately looking for more money from Albert and it's clear that he was already being very generous with her. I'm sure she wanted Albert to acknowledge their child, but I can't help but wonder if she was looking for what she could obtain out of it now that Rainier was dead. Albert had told Rainier about Alexandre and, yes, the girls knew about him a long time ago. This is a close family that doesn't keep secrets from each other.

I think it was admirable for Albert to publicly acknowledge his responsibility to his child and he made clear Alexandre will be a part of his life and inherit his money. The dynastic matter was already settled by Rainier by changing the Constitution to ensure the family succession would remain with Caroline, Stephanie and their children.

maybe she's trying to sue more for him to make her into some kind of elevated status
Nicole is determined to be a perpetual thorn in Albert's side, isn't she? The woman he marries will have to have steel underneath her skin to live with Nicole always in the picture.

branchg said:
Prince Albert is hardly the first, or last, royal to have children without the benefit of a marriage. His paternal grandmother, Princess Charlotte, was the daughter of a Moroccan washerwoman and only legitmitized at the last moment when Prince Louis needed an heir to the principality. Grace was certainly not warmly welcomed as a suitable bride for Rainier by his people at the time of her marriage and her life was no fairy tale either.

Princess Stephanie has two children with dubious parentage and Princess Caroline has been no saint with her three marriages. Stephano was from a very shady Italian family with connections to the mob and Philippe was a jet-set hustler. Ernst is certainly a top drawer royal, but an alcoholic with a penchant for very poor behavior. The history of the Grimaldis is hardly inconsistent when you think about it.

I think Nicole was definately looking for more money from Albert and it's clear that he was already being very generous with her. I'm sure she wanted Albert to acknowledge their child, but I can't help but wonder if she was looking for what she could obtain out of it now that Rainier was dead. Albert had told Rainier about Alexandre and, yes, the girls knew about him a long time ago. This is a close family that doesn't keep secrets from each other.

I think it was admirable for Albert to publicly acknowledge his responsibility to his child and he made clear Alexandre will be a part of his life and inherit his money. The dynastic matter was already settled by Rainier by changing the Constitution to ensure the family succession would remain with Caroline, Stephanie and their children.

As usual you just need to have an Italian surname, and, voilà, you must necessarily have a connection with the mafia!
Stefano's family was originally from the North, where the mafia's culture has never taken root until the 1960's when the first massive immigration from the South took place. The Casiraghis have alwyas been honest hardworking people. During the past war Fernanda, Stefano's Mom, even challenged the Nazis in order to save her her company.
Stefano may be have blackmailed by the mafia, after marrying Caro and move to Montecarlo, but that doesn't necessarily implies that all Italian are necessarily "mafiosi"!

that make perfect sense and i dont know about my opinion. the more i hear the more my opinion changes

Reina, it looks like that is exactly what Albert's lawyers were doing - playing games and hoping she would tire and give up. I'm sure they didn't bargain on her "spilling the beans" or they would have handled things differently.

Reina said:
Nicole's lawyers vs Albert's lawyers...wouldn't his lawyers just play some game so that she woudl eventually tire and give up?

Wouldn't Albert be paying for Nicoles lawyers?
So then who's lawyers are they really? hmmmmm......:confused: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Tosca said:
Stefano may be have blackmailed by the mafia, after marrying Caro and move to Montecarlo, but that doesn't necessarily implies that all Italian are necessarily "mafiosi"!

Stefano's family was quite big in construction. I agree with you that Stefano may have gotten involved with the mafia while in Monaco. Just take a look at what was done with his casket after being buried. It was unearthed and set on end. A definite fingerprint of the mafia that are displeased with a person who is deceased.

By the way, branchg didn't even imply all Italians are necessarily "mafiosi". However, I don't agree that the Stefano family are a "very shady Italian family". They appear to be a stalwart Italian family as you've indicated.

Lillia said:
OK -- I seem to have answered a little bit of my own question somewhat -- along with some more cash for herself looks like to me she is also trying to press Albert even more for a special 'position' or designation or something.
It's my own opinion based on what her lawyer seems to be saying...

Perhaps a new Royal representative at Monaco with an office in the pink palace right next to his? Princess Grace's former office?

Maybe a legal binding Princely appointment for life to attend and manage all royal galas and engagements and meet and greet the public and all other royalty and all dignitaries in Monaco and abroad?

Maybe official representative for the Annual Red Cross Ball in Monaco?

Do you think she'll get even more from him?

Personally, I think she saw Albert as an easy 'mark'. That's my own opinion.

From the International Herald Tribune. Interesting...

(those pictures are not from the iht)

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/07/07/news/monaco.php

I have just read the article...... very interesting! Now Nicole Coste needs more money - for bodyguard(s) and of course, she can no longer work (as a stewardess). She can't work, even on another job? Because of the scandal she created?

She should have considered those things before going public and scandalously at that. Now she thinks she's entitled to money - and more money, because of her circumstances.

My sympathies are totally with PA II.

________
Monica17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom