The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Serene Highness

Mother's are normally granted custody; what is Albert going to do with a baby?

Old 07-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by libradoll
i don't have to treat albert anyhow. unlike you i'm not blinded by adoration for any one party. I'm not one of those people that pats someone on the back for doing something that they SHOULD be doing. He has provided for alexandre but had to be bullied into acknowledging him????? whatever.

how do u know what nicole showed him? she has stated time and time again that she waited and waited for albert to acknowledge and when he pushed back for the last time, she decided to take matters into her own hands. Good for her.

Like I said Alex now has two parents he can be proud of and he doesn't have to feel like an inconvience, a shame, to be locked away and kept in the glass tower but never truly acknowledged. AND he doesn't have to deal with this as an adult, by the time he grows up he wouldn't even know about this. He will only know that he is the son of Prince Albert the monarch of Monaco. Good for Albert, i'm happy he has a son and good for Nicole, i'm happy she took control.
I am not one of those "blinded by adoration" for Albert. However, I am amazed that people won't even question her motives. It's not unheard of that people who have children with famous people usually have ulterior motives for airing their relationships to the press.

By her own admission, Nicole said that Albert was planning on acknowledging his son after the mourning period for Prince Rainier. She couldn't even wait that long (3 months). As for "taking the matter into her own hands", great way for her to do it; after a DEATH in the family. As a Catholic, I would expect her to know the deep emotions associated with that and the inpropriety of exposing something damning like this at a time that sensitive. She couldn't wait 3 months?

For all intents and purposes, Alexandre has had a father since his birth. A father that has been providing for him which is more than any of us can say for a lot of other fathers.

I don't see how this statement will make a change in Alexandre's life other than inheriting a lot of money when Albert dies. He's still illegitimate and still would be considered an outsider to the royal family. That part has not changed. As I said in another thread, looking at past precendence in other royal families, acknowledgement made not one iota of difference in the way those children were treated. If anything, their lives were turned into turmoil for a long period of time then forgotten again. The only thing they got from the acknowledgement was inheritance and a lot of heartache and still an absentee father.

I was reading the Hello! article on the matter and there was an interesting snipet from Nicole that piqued my interest. She said that the reason that she came out with the story was so that "Alexandre can grow up like a normal child with a father". I don't get that statement. He's been growing up with a father, albeit an absentee one.

As for making him legitimate, it'll be a snowball's chance in hell before that happens. Nicole has shown that she is incapable of being trusted with sensitive information and that she holds no respect for the dead and the family in mourning. Albert will never let her back into his life other than as being the mother of his son.

We'll have to see what she does AFTER this to see if she has any other motives other than what she's been saying.

Old 07-06-2005, 03:14 PM
Majesty

From People Mag:

PeopleNews

Prince Albert Admits to Love Child
Wednesday Jul 06, 2005 11:00am EST
By Stephen M. Silverman
CREDIT: REFLEX

Prince Albert II of Monaco acknowledges that he has an illegitimate child with a former flight attendant from Togo, his lawyer, Thierry Lacoste, confirmed in a statement Wednesday.

Lacoste says the 47-year-old Albert, who is unmarried and without an heir, desires to face up to his responsibilities. The lawyer added that the child, now 22 months old, would not be in line to inherit Albert's throne.

Following the April death of Albert's 81-year-old father, Prince Rainier III, stories emerged in the French press linking the younger prince to former Air France flight attendant Nicole Coste, who is Togolese and holds French citizenship.

In interviews, Coste said she met Albert on a flight in 1997. This subsequently led to a relationship and the birth of the boy, Alexandre, in August 2003, she told Paris Match magazine. At the time, Coste said she went public with the tale because, "I want Alexandre to grow up normally with a father."

In making Albert's paternity announcement, Lacoste also took the press to task for breaking the story so soon after the elder Rainier's funeral.

"Prince Albert II asks the press to adopt responsible behavior, similar to what it has adopted in similar circumstances for other public figures, and to respect his private life and that of the underage child," Lacoste’s statement concluded.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Commoner

Wittykitty, i'm gonna really try just not to assume anything about you.

Alex CAN be proud of both parents. This is a difficult situation for both parents but Nicole fought to get him public recognition and all the pride and respect that goes with that not to mention same inheritance rights as all other Prince Albert children (excepting for the crown). Alex doesn't have to wait till Prince Albert dies to fight for what is his, the whole world knows now. And his father finally mustered up and acknowledged his son in this difficult situation. Alexandre can indeed be proud of both parents.

It is very harsh to say that Alex is a pawn and a meal ticket. What, they should all go kill themselves now cuz their brother happens to be a prince? He's a baby, a person, a human being. I don't think him being Prince Albert's son and being wealthy would want his mother or brothers to live in poverty. You sound like they were all plotting to get on albert's flight, and then they drugged him, and even after that, on the day he came to Nicole and Alex was conceived, he put on a condom then Nicole called her sons to remove the condom and pump her full of Albert's semen. Big deal people.................Albert didn't use a condom, Nicole has child. This happens EVERYDAY.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Albert didn't use a condom, Nicole has child. This happens EVERYDAY.
How do you know he didn't use a condom? Contraceptives still fail, you know, about 3% - 1% of the time.

Plus, who really of us here knows what happened when Alexandre was conceived. It could have been that she was taking the pill and "forgot" to take it intentionally or unintentionally. Unless someone here has a picture of the actual event, no one can say that it's one or the other's fault. The fact is that Alexandre is here. Conception is not the issue.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
I don't see how this statement will make a change in Alexandre's life other than inheriting a lot of money when Albert dies. He's still illegitimate and still would be considered an outsider to the royal family.
1. The world knows that this Alexandre kid is Prince Albert's son. no future battles with future brothers and sisters. all future brothers and sisters will know that they have an elder brother somewhere even while growing up.

2. IF, and this is a big IF, Alex decides in the future he wants the throne, then he can fight for it. he might not have a very big chance, but i can assure you that his story will at least get heard now. Let's also consider this possibility: 30 years from now, Alex is an upstanding guy, great education, great person, etc. has been by his father all his adult years. Why can't Albert change the law? Rainier did it. It will all be up to Albert and who Alex grows up to be. And Now, the whole principality of Monaco have the opportunity to see this kid grow up into a man, who knows what they will feel about him 30years from now? So this whole thing has opened up Alex's life since public acknowledgment is the first hurdle.

3. Inheriting a 1.4billion euros fortune seems highly worth it to me. I'm sure when Alex grows up, he'll also appreciate this.

All these seem quite a lot to gain to me though I don't think Nicole was fighting for a title anyway, she wanted her child to be acknowledged instead of just being fatherless (which he would be to the world outside nicole and albert)

I do agree with you that conception is not an issue. The child is here already. That's what i was trying to get across that whatever happened to wittykitty, condom, no condom, whatever. Children are born everyday under all kinds of circumstances. What matters is: Child is here and it is Albert's.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Commoner

Bubbette, I think LaCoste said the child will inherit but not have the Grimaldi name or a claim to the throne.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Gentry

Quote:
i don't have to treat albert anyhow. unlike you i'm not blinded by adoration for any one party. I'm not one of those people that pats someone on the back for doing something that they SHOULD be doing. He has provided for alexandre but had to be bullied into acknowledging him????? whatever.

Why are you so angry?:)

What I don't understand about this woman (and her true motives) is why she felt it was necessary to explode to the press about their child. For public sympathy?

If Albert already took care of the child (by providing several homes, monthly expenses, and spending time a lot with the kid -- loving him, etc.) why did this woman feel the need to go to the press to announce this? He already acknowledged to her and his family I'm sure that he has a son. Why is it necessary to announce it to the whole world? Wouldn't it be better for the child's protection to keep it on the "down low?" What was her purpose? If she sincerely cared about their child and she would have never gone to the gossipy malicious press to announce this.

In my view, her motive was pure greed -- financially and for power. Did she honestly think this was a good thing for their kid? Did she honestly think that Albert would marry her? Did she think that their child would become heir to the throne?

What irks me more than anything about this woman is that she had the gall to announce all of this when Albert and his family were mourning the death of their father -- a time when people are extremely vulnerable. To me, her actions will be considered tactless -- it just shows what kind of manners this woman has -- none.

I just hope this child leds a normal life.

Quote:
she has stated time and time again that she waited and waited for albert to acknowledge and when he pushed back for the last time, she decided to take matters into her own hands. Good for her.
Yeah, she thought of the child first of course.

Quote:
All these seem quite a lot to gain to me though she wanted her child to be acknowledged instead of just being fatherless (which he would be to the world outside nicole and albert)

But he was and is a father to this child. What is the difference if the world knew about or not? To be a good father does not mean the whole world needs to know -- unless that is more important to Nicole for the whole world to know that she slept with Albert and had his child. Now that says a lot about her, in my opinion.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Serene Highness

[QUOTE=wittykittyI think is the best intrest of the baby for Albert to take Alexandre and have him live in the palace full time with a nanny. This is the only way Albert can be assured his son is out of the press . And people in Monaco can get used to seeing big A & little A together. Nicole can have visits outside of Monaco 15 days out of the month till he's 18 but in the meantime she can get herself a job and her own home and support her other children with her ex -husband.

I have friends and co-workers who were born out of wedlock in the late 60's and 70's and really really really resented the circumstances of their birth, one night stands, college fling etc. their moms did get some financial for them but money is not a substitute for a full time dad not one of them has had a full time relationship with their fathers and are not part of their fathers families.
Wittykitty[/QUOTE]

What an ridiculous comment
Let's just take the child from his mother (probably the most important person in his life at this point) & lock him up in the palace because of press.
The more he's with Albert the more press he's going to get because there all going to want the million dollar shot of Albert & Alexandre together.
This may sound crazy to you considering your statement but a nanny is no substitute for a mother!!!
I mean really how often do you think that Albert will be home considering he has many important international functions to attend?? Like you said money is no substitute & neither is leaving Alexandre with a nanny when there's mommy's love waiting just around the corner.

Alexandre will resent anyone who pushes his mother away!
Old 07-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

Geez, can I have a kid with him too? I'm better looking than Nicole, although I'm white.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Gentry

Quote:
It is very harsh to say that Alex is a pawn and a meal ticket
Unfortunately or not, that is what people, on messageboards, Blog sites, gossip sites, etc., already preceive of this woman.

So in the end, was this the best interest of her child? Who knows. So far, according to the sites I mentioned above, her behavior seems to have backlashed.

Like I said before, I hope this child will be okay.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Royal Highness

A copy of letter sent by lawyers

CAPTION: A copy of a letter sent to Agence France Presse, 06 July 2005 by the lawyers representing Prince Albert II of Monaco which admits that the prince had fathered an illegitimate son to a French-Togolese former flight attendant, Nicole Coste. This is the first official declaration of a liaison, a rare exposure of Albert's private life that he had hoped to keep private. AFP PHOTO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	afplive804755.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	166384  
Old 07-06-2005, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness

Little Alexandre in park with nanny

CAPTION: Alexandre at Parisian parc with nanny. Prince Albert, who became ruler of Monaco after his father, Prince Ranier, died in April, will publicly recognize on July 7, 2005 paternity of his son Alexandre with the Togolese flight attendant, Nicole Coste,33, according the French weekly L'Express published in Paris on July 3, 2005. Coste revealed she met Albert on a French flight from Paris to Nice in July 1997, and gave birth to Alexandre in August 2003. Albert's lawyer Thierry Lacoste has confirmed that DNA tests have been carried out - and prove the royal is the father. According to the weekly, Prince Albert had allready signed a document at a Parisian Notary Public where he states his committements to his son. A luxury villa at Villefranche-sur Mer, very close to Monaco, is under restoration where half of the property belongs to Alexandre and the other half to a Monaco company. Nicole Coste receives 10 000 euros per month from Prince Albert, she drives a BMW supplied by Prince's council and isprotected by a body-guard while strolling in Paris. Prince Albert will be inaugurated as the ruler of Monaco with a ceremony on July 12, 2005.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Alexandre.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	166385  
Old 07-06-2005, 04:14 PM
Royal Highness

It's good that Albert has finally recognized his son. I only that he has learned quite a few lessons from this entire ordeal.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Majesty

Caption:
Nicole Coste (mother of Alexandre, hidden son of Albert de Monaco) shops in a bio Market in Nice on July 5, 2005. NO CREDIT
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1419828_b.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	166392   Click image for larger version

Name:	1419831_b.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	166393  
Old 07-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Majesty

Caption:
Nicole Coste visites the villa under restoration in Villefranche sur mer. Prince Albert, who became ruler of Monaco after his father, Prince Ranier, died in April, will publicly recognize on July 7, 2005 paternity of his son Alexandre with the Togolese flight attendant, Nicole Coste, 33, according the French weekly L´Express published in Paris on July 3, 2005. Coste revealed she met Albert on a French flight from Paris to Nice in July 1997, and gave birth to Alexandre in August 2003. Albert´s lawyer Thierry Lacoste has confirmed that DNA tests have been carried out - and prove the royal is the father. According to the weekly, Prince Albert had allready signed a document at a Parisian Notary Public where he states his committements to his son. A luxury villa at Villefranche-sur Mer, very close to Monaco, is under restoration where half of the property belongs to Alexandre and the other half to a Monaco company. Nicole Coste receives 10 000 euros per month from Prince Albert, she drives a BMW supplied by Prince´s council and isprotected by a body-guard while strolling in Paris. Prince Albert will be inaugurated as the ruler of Monaco with a ceremony on July 12, 2005.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1418154_b.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	166394   Click image for larger version

Name:	1418156_b.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	166395   Click image for larger version

Name:	1418160_b.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	166396  
Old 07-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

how do u know what nicole showed him? she has stated time and time again that she waited and waited for albert to acknowledge and when he pushed back for the last time, she decided to take matters into her own hands. Good for her.

Like I said Alex now has two parents he can be proud of and he doesn't have to feel like an inconvience, a shame, to be locked away and kept in the glass tower but never truly acknowledged. AND he doesn't have to deal with this as an adult, by the time he grows up he wouldn't even know about this. He will only know that he is the son of Prince Albert the monarch of Monaco. Good for Albert, i'm happy he has a son and good for Nicole, i'm happy she took control.
Hi libradoll,
I've been zipping through this thread I'm in agreement with a great many of your posts. Since this whole story errupted with Alexandre I could not believe the negative posts about Nicole and the all of the defense and positivity for Albert. I've always felt that Nicole was manipulated by the palace into believeing there would be acknowledgement of her son but when Albert did not give her the legal documents he promised she got fed up, found her courage and stood up for her son. At the end of the day for this little boy it will not be about "oh the press followed me around" (although I'm sure that will suck) but it will be "my father acknowledged me publicly and is proud to be my father" This alone will give that child a confidence like no other.

Sure it would have been great if this could have been resolved privately and for no press to be involved but that could probably happen only in someone's imagination. With or without Nicole's leak to the press eventually the story would have burst forth somewhere, somehow & Alexandre would be thrust into the spotlight anyways! At least this way what was said in the articles was somewhat controlled.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Gentry

Perhaps the reason for all the negativity is due to the way she handled it -- tactless in many people's perception.

Quote:
Sure it would have been great if this could have been resolved privately and for no press to be involved but that could probably happen only in someone's imagination.
I thought it was.

Albert acknowledged that the child was his, visited him, provided for him financially and lovingly, etc. yet this still wasn't enough. This woman lives the life of luxury and the child was and is well taken care of before she went to the press. What more does she want? Moreover, the press had no clue for years until she opened the can of worms to them.

Now she better not whine about how she has no privacy, the press is following her, and is worried about her son safety -- this is what comes with it, so she better deal with it. If she didn't want this than she should have been happy with the way things were brfore she ran to the press.

In the end, the poor child will never inherit the throne (I sincerely doubt Albert would change the consitution if he never married), he'll be rich, Nicole will happy and when he is grown up her son can take care of her. Life surely is great now for Nicole -- no worries at all.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Aristocracy

Well, out of this whole situation I feel sorriest for Princess Caroline, to have named her daughter Alexandra and then someone introduces an Alexandre into the family as well....

But seriously, once the situation quiets down I hope the whole family can live in peace.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena
Perhaps the reason for all the negativity is due to the way she handled it -- tactless in many people's perception.

I thought it was.

Albert acknowledged that the child was his, visited him, provided for him financially and lovingly, etc. yet this still wasn't enough. This woman lives the life of luxury and the child was and is well taken care of before she went to the press. What more does she want? Moreover, the press had no clue for years until she opened the can of worms to them.

Now she better not whine about how she has no privacy, the press is following her, and is worried about her son safety -- this is what comes with it, so she better deal with it. If she didn't want this than she should have been happy with the way things were brfore she ran to the press.

In the end, the poor child will never inherit the throne (I sincerely doubt Albert would change the consitution if he never married), he'll be rich, Nicole will happy and when he is grown up her son can take care of her. Life surely is great now for Nicole -- no worries at all.
Resolved for Albert maybe but not for Nicole or her family. Or do they not matter in this forum? How is anything resolved for her when she can't even tell her own family members who the father of her child is What good is anything else provided for her son when she can't even share the name of her fathers child with her family members? Not share his name because he's a prince but share it because that's what people generally do when they have children Of course that's not enough for her and her son!!!