The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 11:38 AM
Commoner

I think this generation of the Grimaldi family has shown a real lack of judgment in the way they conduct their personal life. Sure they are human and should be allowed to live their lives on their own terms, not trapped by tradition in a gilded cage, but the affairs, party lifestyle, string of failed marriages and now more out of wedlock children, in my opinion has shown a lack of respect to the positions they were born into. Granted other royal families have had such scandals as well, but it seems to me this generation of Grimaldi's has had more than their fair share. I think out of respect to the hard work their mother and father have done to basically put Monaco on the map, their children should work a little harder to keep the respect their parents worked so hard to earn for Monaco. Just my opinion here guys!

Old 07-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
You don't think he will? I hope he does. It will only be fair.

Hmmm...You know I think I will try to get my little nieces to learn french. Maybe it will become handy one day.
Considering he isn't giving the kid his last name, fair doesn't seem to matter here.

Old 07-06-2005, 11:43 AM
Royal Highness

Yeah I sis not like that, but he still has access to inheritance rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
Considering he isn't giving the kid his last name, fair doesn't seem to matter here.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:45 AM
Royal Highness

You mean per month right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
ok, that sounds really nice.i’m going to kick some numbers around (aka just guessing)

groceries 4.800
electric 1080.
water 360.
gas( lets guess she is on a budget plan )1080.
rent (im guessing he owns his place but lets put something in for taxes )360.
entertainment 300.
clothing (lets be liberal) 500.00 a year
total 8480.00
oh yeah... lets do a little somem,somem for misc.1520.00
lets break it down :total is 10,000.
equals 0.00 sweet, if it was true but im sure its not :p
Old 07-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Gentry

Exclamation declaration of lawyer

Mister Thierry Lacoste ( Lawyer of Albert II ) adressed to AFP ( 6 july 2005 ) a text :

According to declaration of Mr Lacoste " Albert acknowledged this children and he want Alexandre lives ( happy ) a long way to journalist ... "

SORRY , but i don't speak english :(

ARTICLE :

"
Albert a reconnu publiquement être père d'un garçon de 22 mois né de sa liaison avec une Française d'origine togolaise

C'est ce qu'a annoncé l'avocat du prince Me Thierry Lacoste, dans un texte transmis à l'AFP le 6 juillet.

Selon le communiqué, Albert II a "reconnu cet enfant et souhaité qu'il puisse vivre le temps de son enfance et de son adolescence dans un cadre de vie serein et préservé, en étant strictement tenu à l'écart des médias". "
Old 07-06-2005, 12:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

There is no communique on the gouv.mc or Palace sites. Maybe there'll be a communique tomorrow.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:05 PM
Gentry

succession !!!

Mister Lacoste made clear about succession :

this children ( illigetimate ) isn't on text about succession but heritage ...

"
Cet "enfant naturel, non légitime, n'entre pas dans la succession officielle au trône et ne portera pas le nom de Grimaldi", a précisé toutefois Me Lacoste. Mais "il aura droit à l'héritage au même titre que les autres enfants du prince au moment où il aura des enfants", a ajouté l'avocat. "
Old 07-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
When parents aren't married its sometimes easier for the child to have the mother's name its less confusing for one. I was in an arrangement and a minister was involved with what I have worn on my left hand for 22 years since before my child was concieved however Alexis as she was to be call his choice in names was given my last name. It has caused less confussion to have the same name as her and we don't have to explain it to nosey people asking why.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
He has been a responsible adult and providing for Alexandre. He stated he hoped his son could live away from the media spotlight. Now it's not likely to happen since Nicole went public as he told her he was going to after the mourning period. Now that it is public knowledge he will be able to be openly seen with his son.

Treat Albert with the respect he deserves for doing the right thing all along he treated Nicole with more then she showed him.
i don't have to treat albert anyhow. unlike you i'm not blinded by adoration for any one party. I'm not one of those people that pats someone on the back for doing something that they SHOULD be doing. He has provided for alexandre but had to be bullied into acknowledging him????? whatever.

how do u know what nicole showed him? she has stated time and time again that she waited and waited for albert to acknowledge and when he pushed back for the last time, she decided to take matters into her own hands. Good for her.

Like I said Alex now has two parents he can be proud of and he doesn't have to feel like an inconvience, a shame, to be locked away and kept in the glass tower but never truly acknowledged. AND he doesn't have to deal with this as an adult, by the time he grows up he wouldn't even know about this. He will only know that he is the son of Prince Albert the monarch of Monaco. Good for Albert, i'm happy he has a son and good for Nicole, i'm happy she took control.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Courtier

I don't know if this picture has been posted. Little Alexandre is adorable. :p
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	alberts.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	166248  
Old 07-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Commoner

what's so bad in $10,000 per month? for godssakes pdiddy's kids get more than that!!! i mean seriously think about it, how much do you think the other grandkids get? this is a rich family and baby Alex is now a part of that family whether he can succeed to the throne or not, he still deserves the lifestyle his birth has given him. Right now, he's the only positive heir to Prince Albert's fortune so he IS rich folks.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by libradoll
wow, i've always stated and i will always keep stating that many of you on here are ... quite simply what all the confusion is about.
Sorry I don't quote you whole message but it's very long. I just want you to know that's what I'm referring to.
I am so shocked by your post. It really a pack of gross prejudices IMO. You' re assuming that everybody on this forum is racist. But doing this kind of generalisation is racist by itself. Beside how do you know what is the cultural, racial or whatever background of the people posting there? How do you know if I'm white , black, yellow...?
If you read carefully the posts, you'll see that a lot of people gave their support to Nicole, as a mother and as a woman.
So African mothers would fight for their kids' rights. Good. But won't most mother would? What that has to do with the whole affair?
I took the Naomi Campbell example because if her and Albert had gotten married, they would have kids. So the next ruler of Monaco would have been half black, just like Alexandre is. And that idea did not shocked at the time. That was the sense of this remark.
Of course their are racists everywhere and including on this forums, but PLEASE! you're going a bit far.
From the coverage I read on this forum and on the press and listened on the radio, the race of Nicole never been a real issue.
I'm sorry if you're offended by this post but there so much things on your post that don't make sense to me.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Please try to keep the discussion in a nice tone - it is not tolerable to label each other with names, accuse people or suggest things about other people that we do not know anything about.

So please, try to controll your feelings in this heated discussion.

GrandDuchess, TRF Super Moderator
Old 07-06-2005, 01:09 PM
Commoner

SEMISQUARE,

i'm not really concerned about WHY you say you're not prejudist or whatnot, if you really are not then good for you. i didn't really mention anyone in specific and i think i read somewhere where you said that you may have prejudged her wrongly at first and i respected your opinion more after i read that. So it wasn't directed at you specifically.

Of course, I still disagree with you largely. i don't think after being rejected by rainier and then rejected albert because of rainier, and after having this same guy who rejected you as unworthy show up at your door to have unprotected sex with you which resulted in a child, after all that, I don't think nicole MUST wait the 3months period after Rainier's death. yes she could have, but to me that was totally her prerogative and she chose to do it now when the eyes of the world would be on albert and he'd have no place to hide. Remember the same Rainier apparently is the one that caused the decline of her relationship with Albert so i don't think Nicole has any love lost for him. I don't think she owes Albert anything in terms of some sort of twisted understanding or loyalty.

Also i don't see where there's no dignity in this situation on her part or on anybody's part. Listen, stuff like this happens everyday. People get unwanted pregnancies, yes some could have been prevented but others really just happened. We'll never really know. But we know one thing: there's a beautiful baby boy that's just been acknowledged and accepted by his mother and father who i'm sure intend to do their best for him. That to me is beautiful.

And as for African women and their child, i'm not saying other people don't care for their children, that would be ridiculous. What I am saying is that in the African culture, African women are expected to GIVE THEIR LIFE for their children. Why do I say this? well, an african woman without a child is by and by considered a curse in the society, some will say they are useless. A married African woman without a child can be pushed out of her husband's home at any time, she's not respected until she has a child. An african woman mostly will not inherit ANYTHING of her husbands if she has no kids, she could be forced to leave her home. Children usually are regarded as belonging to the father and his family not the mother. So you can start to see that to an African woman, her child is EVERYTHING, her whole existence and being in society is tied to her CHILDREN. Nicole Coste was raised in this manner. If she feels that her child is being cheated, or not recognized she will fight tooth and nail with everything to correct that. Like I said we don't do the hiding of the child thing very well.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Commoner

Idriel, i don't think we've been reading the same posts. Go back to when this story broke and read all the posts, most were NOT in support of Nicole as a mother. Now as for me assuming everyone here is racist, i really do not know where you read that in my post. I purposely said "many" instead of "most". "Most" denotes majority, "many" just denotes plurality. I still stand by my words as i firmly believe racism or prejudism is not practiced exclusively by one race. white, black, asian, purple, orange.........all people can prejudge and that is largely what i am accusing people of. So your background is largely irrelevant.

As per african mothers v non-african mothers, see my above post. Mothers in general all would do everything in the power to protect their kids, but african mothers are especially sensitive to this since their whole self-worth is tied to their kid in the general west african society which nicole grew up in. I am assuming her orientation as a mother will affect how she deals with this issue so its an important side note.

Lastly, i don't think people care about alexandre being half-togolese and whether he can be a monarch or not, that will take of itself with time. I stated that I believe people were quick to prejudge Nicole negatively and vehemently because she is black. This is my opinion. We probably disagree but that's ok. State your opinion and i'll state mine and we can both respect that and move on.

Moderator, i will try and i am trying to keep the discussion in a nice tone, but i'm sorry if i see something that i think is prejudist, automatically i have to call it. Perhaps i'll try to just sit quietly and smile from now on.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Aristocracy

This news is so very surprising and shocking! LOL
No, seriously, Albert is doing the above-board responsible thing now. Apparently he was just too terrified of his daddy to stand up for his relationship with Nicole years ago, and too "wimpy" for lack of a better word to present him with his grandson. It is indeed an unfortunate shame that Rainier missed knowing one of his grandchildren, but I guess it was his own fault if he was so formidable that Albert couldn't be upfront with him.
Interesting though that Caroline and Stephanie "got by" with marrying/having children with people that Rainier wasn't so crazy about. The girls just had more backbone, I guess!
Old 07-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=Tosca]
Monaco prince admits love child
Prince Albert II of Monaco has acknowledged that he has had an illegitimate child with a flight attendant from Togo, his lawyer said.

..... The sisters have seven children between them. Mr Lacoste said the boy would have the same rights to inheritance as any other child of Prince Albert, should he have any others.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/h...pe/4656797.stm

Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling from Mr. Lacoste's last statement, "...should he have any others"...that there might be other children out there belonging to Prince Albert? I am waiting for the other shoe to drop for other "surprises".
Old 07-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7060a
Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling from Mr. Lacoste's last statement, "...should he have any others"...that there might be other children out there belonging to Prince Albert? I am waiting for the other shoe to drop for other "surprises".
Haha! No I just think he was refearing to legitimate kids, meaning when Albert will marry...
Old 07-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Serene Highness

So kids automatically inherit? It doesn't work that way here; I didn't think it did there either based on all the rumors about Rainier's will.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:36 PM
Aristocracy

I'm glad Albert did admit paternity even if by force. Alexandre is a beautiful little boy but why should he be proud of either Nicole or Albert there is nothing noble(or sweet or cute) about playing out their fight in the public arena. Albert chose not to break off the relationship and who Nicole fell pregnant (yes, abortion is/was an option)and chose to impose fatherhood on Albert. They are both adults not teens who had sex in a parked car under a shady tree. Nicole is an educated adult woman not a naive celebrity struck fan. Little Alex is now a pawn and a meal ticket for her and his older half brothers for the next 20 years.
I think is the best intrest of the baby for Albert to take Alexandre and have him live in the palace full time with a nanny. This is the only way Albert can be assured his son is out of the press . And people in Monaco can get used to seeing big A & little A together. Nicole can have visits outside of Monaco 15 days out of the month till he's 18 but in the meantime she can get herself a job and her own home and support her other children with her ex -husband.

I have friends and co-workers who were born out of wedlock in the late 60's and 70's and really really really resented the circumstances of their birth, one night stands, college fling etc. their moms did get some financial for them but money is not a substitute for a full time dad not one of them has had a full time relationship with their fathers and are not part of their fathers families.
Wittykitty