Prince Albert Is the Father of Alexandre

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be fab if the child is his , also if the child was allowed to became heir to the throne now that would be fab!!

IT was just posted on the BBC. What amazes me is that in this day of aids EITHER of them would have unprotected sex! How stupid!

Australian said:
really? well i wonder whats going to happen now, will he marry the mother so make Alexandre legitimate, not sure. Well this is certainly news!
He hasn't been involved with her for years---why should he marry her?

i am so happy to hear this news. good for albert for finally acting like a responsible adult and good for nicole for fighting for the public recognition of her child. Alexandre will grow up a boy who is proud of both his parents now.

as i said, to make Alexandre legitimate, or at least for his only child to be brought up in house with a mother AND father

why stupid? a child is a beautiful thing, this child is a beautiful thing. i would not like someone to tell me that my parents were stupid for having me. this is good news, albert has a beautiful baby boy!

now hopefully Albert will have some back bone and start being more of a father to him ,
and take pride in his son .

Australian said:
i think what was meant was that its stupid because of the risk of AIDS. And i agree with that. The post wasnt saying it was stupid that Alexandre was born, justthat they were not careful regarding contracting STDs

they were in a relationship and i am assuming they both know the other does not have aids. in that sort of relationship, it's not uncommon or shocking that neither used a condom. nicole was on the pill, she missed a day (which again as MANY MANY MANY women know is not uncommon either). I don't think aids was the concern of whoever made the post as obviously aids is not the end result but a BABY, and a beautiful one at that. Let's close that chapter and celebrate the joy is my point.

libradoll said:
they were in a relationship and i am assuming they both know the other does not have aids. in that sort of relationship, it's not uncommon or shocking that neither used a condom. nicole was on the pill, she missed a day (which again as MANY MANY MANY women know is not uncommon either). I don't think aids was the concern of whoever made the post as obviously aids is not the end result but a BABY, and a beautiful one at that. Let's close that chapter and celebrate the joy is my point.

It definately is a beautiful thing, but all im saying was that in that particular post, the poster was referring to AIDS and risks thats all. Lets not get carried away :)

Yes, I meant how could anyone have sex without a condom--that is stupid; and yes, there is a chance the condom would fail. I don't know why you guys think he's going to be a great father now though--do you really see him taking Alex on vacation with his nieces and nephews? I don't.

It's not going to happen Australian--Stephanie didn't marry the parent of her child, and neither will Albert.

well i guess we will have to see :) Albert isnt Stephanie

when this story broke, many of you were up in arms and quick to judge nicole as a hussy, a golddigger, a prostitute, some even said she was an "unstable" woman. All these without even knowing much of anything about what REALLY went down between Albert and Nicole
imo i really thought she was a golddigger because when she chose to announce to world about alex. the question still remains why not wait 3 mos.? looseing a parent is hard enought. i cant imagine what is like having the world watch you during such a tragic time. her timing was off and there is no good reason for that. unless u can give me a reason. again my opinion
I also mentioned before that not only is Nicole Coste black, but she's African. And an African woman does WHATEVER IT TAKES to make sure her child gets ALL the dignity he/she deserves in life.
im sure every good mother will do whatever it takes to make sure her child grows up in a clean, secure and loving environment. it sound like a narrow view that only african women would do such a thing.
dignity plus dignity will equal dignity but were there is no dignity you cant make it appear. there is no dignity in this situation imo. again this is my opinion
wow, i've always stated and i will always keep stating that many of you on here are prejudicist at the very least and racist at the very most.
i can honestly say i am not racist or perjudicist and i just call them as i see them. i was wrong, as i have said before, that i didnt think to highly of nicole and that i had thought to highly of prince albert. i should have waited to hear his part before "speaking" my view on this subject. so i guess i was disillusion with the whole situation.
if you want to know why i say i am not perjudicist or racist email i can tell u some events.

Last edited:
You don't think he will? I hope he does. It will only be fair.

Hmmm...You know I think I will try to get my little nieces to learn french. Maybe it will become handy one day.:D

From Gulf Daily News
Vol XXVIII NO. 108 Wednesday 6 July 2005​
t_world.gif
function NewWin(url) {NewWindow1=window.open(url, 'popUpWindow', 'resizeable=no,width=300,height=410,scrollbars=no,toolbar=no,location=no,menubar=no,status=no') }function Print(url) {NewWindow=window.open(url, 'popUpWindow', 'resizeable=yes,width=600,height=450,scrollbars=yes,toolbar=no,location=no,menubar=no,status=no') }Albert to go public over 'love child' MONACO: Prince Albert, the ruler of Monaco, is to make his first public statement tomorrow on reports in the European media that he fathered the illegitimate son of a former flight attendant.

The announcement, to come the day after the end of the official mourning period for his father, prince Rainier, is expected to shake the tiny state that has long been a playground of celebrities and the very rich.

According to one French magazine, L'Express, Prince Albert - the son of prince Rainier, who died April 6, and the late US film star Grace Kelly - is to publicly acknowledge he is the father of Alexandre Coste, a baby born in Paris on August 24, 2003 to Nicole Coste, a Togolese woman who also holds French citizenship.

If he does so, the boy will likely receive financial handouts for the rest of his life but will have no chance of one day ruling Monaco, whose constitution requires legitimate lineage for the throne.

The French magazine Paris-Match, followed by other European publications, broke the "love-child" story in May, showing pictures of Prince Albert cradling a baby and carrying affirmations from Nicole Coste that the child was the result of a five-year affair with the prince.

Prince Albert last week won a $60,000 (BD22,680) invasion of privacy lawsuit against Paris-Match, and has promised to go after other magazines and newspapers that printed the allegations. But Coste, 33, said she decided to come forward because "I was afraid Albert would go back on recognising his son.... I had a very strict Catholic upbringing and for me it was a disgrace to not be able to tell my family who is the father of my child.

"I always told Albert that Alexandre would not live hidden away." The Monaco palace, which is preparing for Prince Albert's formal succession ceremony, has refused to make any comment ahead of Prince Albert's scheduled address.

news_logo.gif

Monaco prince admits love child
Prince Albert II of Monaco has acknowledged that he has had an illegitimate child with a flight attendant from Togo, his lawyer said.

Lawyer Thierry Lacoste said in a statement that the prince, who is not married and has no heir, wanted to face up to his responsibilities.

He said the child, aged 22 months, would not be in line to the throne and would not have the name Grimaldi.

The prince, 47, said he hoped his son could avoid the media spotlight.

Prince Albert's father, Rainier III, died in April aged 81.

Rumours of the prince having a child with former Air France flight attendant Nicole Coste, who is Togolese and holds French citizenship, emerged in some parts of the French media days after Prince Rainier's death.

Ms Coste was quoted as saying she met the prince on a flight in 1997, leading to a relationship and the birth of the boy, Alexandre, in August 2003.

Constitution

In the lawyer's statement, released as the Grimaldi family ends three months of mourning, the prince said he regretted the fact that the press had gone public with the story so close to his father's funeral.

"Prince Albert II asks the press to adopt responsible behaviour, similar to what it has adopted in similar circumstances for other public figures, and to respect his private life and that of the underage child," the statement added.

Prince Albert, often dubbed the "playboy prince", has for years appeared reluctant to get married or start a family, which perhaps prompted his father to change Monaco's constitution in 2002.

Previously, the principality would have become part of France in the absence of a male heir. Rainier had the law changed so that, in the event of Albert remaining childless, Princesses Caroline and Stephanie could follow their brother, who was proclaimed regent during Rainier's last days.

The sisters have seven children between them. Mr Lacoste said the boy would have the same rights to inheritance as any other child of Prince Albert, should he have any others.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/europe/4656797.stm

Published: 2005/07/06 14:46:34 GMT

© BBC MMV

money,money,monneeey money

also the 10M means $10,000
ok, that sounds really nice.i’m going to kick some numbers around (aka just guessing)
groceries 4.800
electric 1080.
water 360.
gas( lets guess she is on a budget plan )1080.
rent (im guessing he owns his place but lets put something in for taxes )360.
entertainment 300.
clothing (lets be liberal) 500.00 a year
total 8480.00
oh yeah... lets do a little somem,somem for misc.1520.00
lets break it down :total is 10,000.
equals 0.00 sweet, if it was true but im sure its not :p

I think this generation of the Grimaldi family has shown a real lack of judgment in the way they conduct their personal life. Sure they are human and should be allowed to live their lives on their own terms, not trapped by tradition in a gilded cage, but the affairs, party lifestyle, string of failed marriages and now more out of wedlock children, in my opinion has shown a lack of respect to the positions they were born into. Granted other royal families have had such scandals as well, but it seems to me this generation of Grimaldi's has had more than their fair share. I think out of respect to the hard work their mother and father have done to basically put Monaco on the map, their children should work a little harder to keep the respect their parents worked so hard to earn for Monaco. Just my opinion here guys!

Reina said:
You don't think he will? I hope he does. It will only be fair.

Hmmm...You know I think I will try to get my little nieces to learn french. Maybe it will become handy one day.:D
Considering he isn't giving the kid his last name, fair doesn't seem to matter here.

Yeah I sis not like that, but he still has access to inheritance rights.

Bubbette said:
Considering he isn't giving the kid his last name, fair doesn't seem to matter here.

You mean per month right!:D

semisquare said:
ok, that sounds really nice.i’m going to kick some numbers around (aka just guessing)

groceries 4.800
electric 1080.
water 360.
gas( lets guess she is on a budget plan )1080.
rent (im guessing he owns his place but lets put something in for taxes )360.
entertainment 300.
clothing (lets be liberal) 500.00 a year
total 8480.00
oh yeah... lets do a little somem,somem for misc.1520.00
lets break it down :total is 10,000.
equals 0.00 sweet, if it was true but im sure its not :p

declaration of lawyer

Mister Thierry Lacoste ( Lawyer of Albert II ) adressed to AFP ( 6 july 2005 ) a text :

According to declaration of Mr Lacoste " Albert acknowledged this children and he want Alexandre lives ( happy ) a long way to journalist ... "

SORRY , but i don't speak english :(

ARTICLE :

"
Albert a reconnu publiquement être père d'un garçon de 22 mois né de sa liaison avec une Française d'origine togolaise

C'est ce qu'a annoncé l'avocat du prince Me Thierry Lacoste, dans un texte transmis à l'AFP le 6 juillet.

Selon le communiqué, Albert II a "reconnu cet enfant et souhaité qu'il puisse vivre le temps de son enfance et de son adolescence dans un cadre de vie serein et préservé, en étant strictement tenu à l'écart des médias". "

There is no communique on the gouv.mc or Palace sites. Maybe there'll be a communique tomorrow.

succession !!!

Mister Lacoste made clear about succession :

this children ( illigetimate ) isn't on text about succession but heritage ...

"
Cet "enfant naturel, non légitime, n'entre pas dans la succession officielle au trône et ne portera pas le nom de Grimaldi", a précisé toutefois Me Lacoste. Mais "il aura droit à l'héritage au même titre que les autres enfants du prince au moment où il aura des enfants", a ajouté l'avocat. "

Bubbette said:
When parents aren't married its sometimes easier for the child to have the mother's name its less confusing for one. I was in an arrangement and a minister was involved with what I have worn on my left hand for 22 years since before my child was concieved however Alexis as she was to be call his choice in names was given my last name. It has caused less confussion to have the same name as her and we don't have to explain it to nosey people asking why.

Last edited:
LadyMacAlpine said:
He has been a responsible adult and providing for Alexandre. He stated he hoped his son could live away from the media spotlight. Now it's not likely to happen since Nicole went public as he told her he was going to after the mourning period. Now that it is public knowledge he will be able to be openly seen with his son.

Treat Albert with the respect he deserves for doing the right thing all along he treated Nicole with more then she showed him.

i don't have to treat albert anyhow. unlike you i'm not blinded by adoration for any one party. I'm not one of those people that pats someone on the back for doing something that they SHOULD be doing. He has provided for alexandre but had to be bullied into acknowledging him????? whatever.

how do u know what nicole showed him? she has stated time and time again that she waited and waited for albert to acknowledge and when he pushed back for the last time, she decided to take matters into her own hands. Good for her.

Like I said Alex now has two parents he can be proud of and he doesn't have to feel like an inconvience, a shame, to be locked away and kept in the glass tower but never truly acknowledged. AND he doesn't have to deal with this as an adult, by the time he grows up he wouldn't even know about this. He will only know that he is the son of Prince Albert the monarch of Monaco. Good for Albert, i'm happy he has a son and good for Nicole, i'm happy she took control.

I don't know if this picture has been posted. Little Alexandre is adorable. :p

Attachments

• alberts.jpg
    alberts.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 541
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom