The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Nobility

I just took a peek at the People story. And I was surprized by two things. First, She is not attractive. Not even a little in my humble opinion. Second, I did not know that by French law Little Alex was intitled to half of Albert's money. at least that is what the article said. But, since Reiner divided up his cash quite unevenly, I do not imagine that could be a whole truth.

I can certainly see why any woman would be hesitant to marry PA in light of these "revelations". PA has vowed to be an active parent to this child, what does that mean for his children conceved in wedlock? In the future NC could be a BIG thorn in the side of any woman PA marries...not only in terms of having to share a father but also in terms of creating bad publicity. How would his hypothetical legitemate children be protected from NC comming out and bashing Dad for not visiting enough.....

Old 07-18-2005, 07:39 PM
Gentry

Nicole seeking legal rights for their child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
I think it's surprising. even with the occasional visits, maybe this is what NC meant when she said she felt he might back out of his promise to register the papers and felt she had to go public. It took Al. 2 months to see the boy after he was born, then another 2 months to sign the birth certificate as the father. All this public mess has been about registering the birth cerfiticate to make it official -- almost full 2 yrs. dragging on.

Sad, in my opinion. :(
You are so correct!
If something were to suddenly happen to Albert or Nicole one or the other would have to fight the courts for their son to rightfully receive his share of the estate. Nicole was left with very few, if any choices to protect Alexandre's rightful place. She achieved her goal of securing her sons future as it should be, to grow up knowing who his father is. Her child will ultimately respect her for fighting for his rights.

Nicole Coste is aware that time was running out legally and of the possibility that Prince Albert may have fathered other children who have no legal rights because they have not been properly acknowledged. There is no reason a son of a prince should have to live a life of untruths and without any legal means of formal support agreements, he deserves that much. The circumstances of his birth are not "normal" nor should his life be "normal" born to an unwed mother with his status being one of uncertainty or speculation. He is by birth an extraordinary child and deserves to be treated as such. There is no reason Alexandre should have to live on handouts, he needs his support on paper and legally binding.

Nicole is a good mother with her sons best interest in mind. She has seen to it at her own public expense that her child will not have to live a life of secret, as they say, "The truth will set you free!"

Old 07-18-2005, 07:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
I just took a peek at the People story. And I was surprized by two things. First, She is not attractive. Not even a little in my humble opinion. Second, I did not know that by French law Little Alex was intitled to half of Albert's money. at least that is what the article said. But, since Reiner divided up his cash quite unevenly, I do not imagine that could be a whole truth.

I can certainly see why any woman would be hesitant to marry PA in light of these "revelations". PA has vowed to be an active parent to this child, what does that mean for his children conceved in wedlock? In the future NC could be a BIG thorn in the side of any woman PA marries...not only in terms of having to share a father but also in terms of creating bad publicity. How would his hypothetical legitemate children be protected from NC comming out and bashing Dad for not visiting enough.....
I found an article from International Herald Tribune that said the same thing about what the boy is entitled to. Anyone can read that online also.

As far as her making pictures in a magazine, even though I do not like the way she handled the matter w/Paris Match, I do not see why she cannot now have a little fun, she's been thru a stressful time (I guess) and she should be able to earn a little money for herself if she's not exploiting the boy.

Personally, no matter what I or anyone may think of her, at a point, whatever her 'looks' she was good enough for Prince Albert II and she is the boy's mother.

I wish them all well -- maybe I should be taking some lessons from her:p

By the way, does anyone know if the woman is really NC? It looks sure like Albert, but who is the lady? They say it's NC and Albert at Aug. 2002. I think it's her.

http://www.terra.com.br/istoegente/309/mundo/
Attached Images

Old 07-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
Does he still have his US citizenship? If so, the kid could claim American nationality.
Really? I didn't know that, but I know that if a child is born in the US and their parents arent citizens the child automatically has a dual citizenship or something like that. Did he get the citizenship from his mother or did he apply for it?
Old 07-18-2005, 09:11 PM
Royal Highness

HEy. ALbert does not have American citizenship.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:19 PM
Nobility

Thanks Reina :)
Old 07-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
I was unaware of her continuing to do interviews....Hum....question....can't Albert shut her up legally? I'm no expert on French law but can't he quite her in some way?

Anyone??? Opinions?
Yes, a gag order is a very good idea. She now has the public recognition for her son, money and everything else to live comfortably. She has achieved her goal. Maybe her goals changed so soon? That's why she still keeps on talking to the press?

I hope it can be done (please include Daniel Ducruet in the gag order, too).

Old 07-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom
Because Albert is half American, does that give Alexandre rights to US citizenship?
No it doesn't to my knowledge none of the Grimaldi children Grace's applied for duel citizenship which had to be done by age 18 or 21 don't recall.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissieb
Hi Everyone,
Just saw the People Magazine and Nicole doesn't come across as a mother whose child is her 1st priority. She comes across like she's trying to prove something. And IMO she doesn't seem to be spending too much time with her son. As for Albert, I don't think he has US Citizenship...Grace renounced hers back in the 70s and I don't think Monaco and US recognize dual citizenship. There was also an article in the GLOBE (a weekly tabloid) which suggests that Nicole will fight PA and sisters for Alexandre' to be the heir. The article also mentions Tasha de Vasconcelos ..suggesting that their marriage plans are on the skids because of the Nicole -Alexandre' situation. Don't know how much truth there is to that ..I thought Albert and Tasha broke up years ago but were good friends.
Christine
I read that in the Enquirer. She's gearing up for a "battle royal" to get the law changed so Alexandre can inherit. To quote: "Nicole wants what she feels her son is entitled to. She's tellling everyone who'll listen 'Alexandre is going to be crowned the next ruler of Monaco-he is Albert's only heir'." As for Tasha, well, Rainier liked her a lot and begged Albert to marry her. Nicole is now preparing attornys to overturn the law that Rainier recently created. She's going for the big prize. She wants him to have his (Alexandre's) "rightful place" among the royal family.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Nobility

Thank you LadyMacAlpine :)
Old 07-18-2005, 11:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu An
I read that in the Enquirer. She's gearing up for a "battle royal" to get the law changed so Alexandre can inherit. To quote: "Nicole wants what she feels her son is entitled to. She's tellling everyone who'll listen 'Alexandre is going to be crowned the next ruler of Monaco-he is Albert's only heir'." As for Tasha, well, Rainier liked her a lot and begged Albert to marry her. Nicole is now preparing attornys to overturn the law that Rainier recently created. She's going for the big prize. She wants him to have his (Alexandre's) "rightful place" among the royal family.
Gosh, this Nicole is getting too far if true. How can she and her lawyers overturn the existing law on succession? Isn't that done through legislation only? How can she sue or whatever? And in Monaco? I don't think France will go so far as interfering in Monaco's affairs, and this is a family dispute at that. Does the law on succession need to be ratified by France? Is that why she thinks she can fight it?

That's it - entitlement. Nicole will want to do things - regardless of repercussions - just bec. she feels her son entitled to wealth, position and leadership. Alexandre is barely 2 years old. These are just Nicole's wants, not Alaxandre's. Camille is also part of the family but Steph is not wailing about the fact that she's not in line for the throne. It's all about Nicole, not the small boy.

I think Rainier was a very good judge of people. He told Albert to break it off with Nicole right after their first (and only?) meeting. Turns out that he is right with Nicole's actions now.
_________
Monica17
Old 07-18-2005, 11:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel
I cannot stand what Nicole has done either. She has really made a mess of things. She may say that what she wants is the best for her son, but I think that is really laughable. Having his name constantly mentioned in the media day after day and having photographs of him dragged through papers at such a young age is certainly not the best for him in my opinion.

Nicole has also made her son a target for any psycho out there who can manage to get to her and him. Now everyone knows that this is the child of the Monaco's Sovereign Prince and everyone knows her face. Of course, I am assuming that Albert will make sure that his son is safe. But, people are so strange these days, you never know what could happen.
(I just deleted the succeeding lines to shorten the space, but I totally agree)

This Nicole is really something! Caroline and Stephanie have always tried to shield their children from the press and the wider public, except for official affairs. Steph in particular hardly lets her children attend those. That's the wise and right thing to do, given their position and wealth. Now, Nicole is doing the exact opposite. She seems to be fighting for the welfare of her son in the case of Albert, but she herself have compromised Alexandre's safety and privacy. Ironic, isn't it?

Old 07-19-2005, 12:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu An
Not good news for PA. I haven't read the article but it doesn't sound too good.
See, cause you got to know anyone who doesn't like PA is going to be helping out NC...
Old 07-19-2005, 01:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom
Thank you LadyMacAlpine :)
You are welcome anytime I can be of service.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:08 AM
Aristocracy

Isabel, you made some very valid points in your posted message. I just want to make some other comments.

What Nicole has done is no different from any other emotional woman in a difficult situation. The only thing is that she was dating a Prince. We will never know the true story between these two people because we are not privy to their private lives; we only get second hand information from what we read in the tabloids, internet, or news articles. There are always multiple sides to every story: his side, her side and the truth!

You are correct in assuming that most wealthy men (presidents, kings, princes, senators, congressmen, prosperous businessmen, tycoons, doctors, lawyers, etc) have made outside children. This is nothing new and this behavior will continue to the end of time. However, some of these children are revealed to the public during a relationship, while other children born out of wedlock are not (or at least not until the person has expired, which creates a scandal)

In regards to the child’s privacy being violated, there are a lot of tail-tagging articles gossipy columns in print that will soon be diminished. It is too soon to tell what the future holds for this child and whether or not he will constantly be in the media.

The facts stated that Prince Albert had come forth and admitted to being the father of this child (along with a few others); and he took the responsibility of financially supporting these children. It is admirable on his behalf to announce to the world of his acceptance of his son (and children). A lot of men with his status would never step forward and present such an assertion.

Just like anything else, all of this hoopla will blow over. Some of us will look back and say “I wonder whatever happened to Prince Albert and whatshername?”

This chapter in Prince Albert’s private life will soon be forgotten.

Isabel, I truly enjoyed reading your comment!

Old 07-19-2005, 07:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
Yes, a gag order is a very good idea. She now has the public recognition for her son, money and everything else to live comfortably. She has achieved her goal. Maybe her goals changed so soon? That's why she still keeps on talking to the press?

I hope it can be done (please include Daniel Ducruet in the gag order, too).

hahahahahaha!!!!!!!! Very good idea Monica17, two gag orders at once! I agree that we've heard quite enough from both parties!
Old 07-19-2005, 11:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
im so shocked what will happen if albert marrys? what will his and wife children be considered, 2nd and 3rd place?
Old 07-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Royal Highness

No that will never happen.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
what will his and wife children be considered, 2nd and 3rd place?
Never. But Nicole seems determined to get all she can. Greedy pig. She cares about no one but herself. I doubt she realizes all the hurt she would do if she deliberately undermined the rights of Albert's children (legitimate) and those of his wife. Alexandre has no right to the throne, but she may end up filling him (Alexandre) with false hope and a sense of entitlement.
Quote:
That's it - entitlement. Nicole will want to do things - regardless of repercussions - just bec. she feels her son entitled to wealth, position and leadership.
She wants those things. She feels entitled to the leadership, wealth, and position. Alexandre is merely her key.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Nobility

One Step Back, Two Steps Forward

Here's a one step back & two steps forward proposition:

One step back: Why don't we list the facts we know to be true about Prince Albert's current situation. We don't want to give too much credence to hypothesis' and rumors so as to actually, the enlightened Royal Forums' people that we are :) , believe the unfounded rubbish circulating.

Two steps forward: Is anyone interested in committing to a pact that if/when more children of Albert's come to light we (1) won't mention them by their proper names and we (2) won't post pictures of them. I think it is a respectful move on our parts to commit to. Sure we are curious, but not at the expense of innocent children(s) privacy...right!?!

Any takers?

Closed Thread