The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Aristocracy

Or maybe he wasn't always so lucky (like the Jazmin thing - we don't really know about that - he refused to take the paternity test). Supposedly he's been with lots of women for many years (after all he's 47 years old) so I would think the odds would eventually catch up with him - NO birth control is 100% effective except abstinence! It would really be surprising if he had NOT accidently fathered a few children over the years (unless he was sterile of course).

Old 07-05-2005, 10:03 AM
Serene Highness

so heres a question- are there any other nicoles out there? being with a lot of women and having only one person come forward claiming albert to be the father(i'm talking about alex because i dont know about anything claims) is very surprising. if all of this is true i really missjudge nicole and thought to highly of albert. again if all of this is truegod dont like ugly and everythings comes to light,he should have behave better. after all, like it or not he is a role model and head of a country and to carry on in such a manner is degrading.

Old 07-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7060a
Here is an article stating that Prince Albert plans to recognize Alexandre after the mourning period is over:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/internatio...521232,00.html
Thanx Mw7060a for link. Today was also article in our daily newspapers reffering to possibility that Albert will recognize Alexandre a day after mourning period is over. It also says if that happens it doesn't mean that Alexandre will be first after Albert as heir to throne and not being threat for Princess Caroline, her children, Princess Stephanie, etc. due to some changes in law in 2002, and fact that Alexandre is born out of wedlock.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Royal Highness

The article from Guardian also stated that ALbert asked the mother (I am sorry I forgot her name) to not say anythign about the child while PRanier was alive and as we all know she respected his wishes.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Courtier

I think whether or not Alexandre is Albert's son is a moot point. The point of contention now is, other than Albert's continuing financial support for Alexandre and emotional support for the child, what else does Nicole want to happen? By her own admission, Albert has been taking responsibility for the financial aspect of Alexandre's upbrining and tries to see him as often as possible. Plus, Nicole and Alexandre have been living in Albert's apartment. I don't mean to sound insensitive, but what else does she want? I don't think that after the official acknowledgement that it would be the end of the story from Nicole. Call me cynical, but I'm highly suspect to any woman who claims that they had an affair and/or has a child with a famous person.

I feel terrible for Alexandre, the only truly innocent party in this. He didn't ask to be conceived and he didn't ask to be dragged into the spotlight like he was simply because of the circumstances of his birth. I just hope that he grows up as normal as possible with as many opportunities as everyone else is entitled to.

I still think highly of Albert whether or not Alexandre is his son. By all I've read, he's been a responsible father. Plus, he could have had a PR group massacre Nicole and her claims yet he hasn't done that. He's been taking care of his responsibilities to his son. I don't believe that he has any other obligations to the mother of his son other than keeping a civil relationship for Alexandre's sake. Maybe it's just me, but I believe there's a back story to all this other than what is being said.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Courtier

does that mean that if Albert recongnize Alexandre as his son...then this Alexandre will one day be the ruler of Monaco??? i'm confused~!
Old 07-05-2005, 03:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
does that mean that if Albert recongnize Alexandre as his son...then this Alexandre will one day be the ruler of Monaco??? i'm confused~!
If Albert were to marry Alexandre's mother and make him legitimate, then yes. But as it stands, no. Alexandre, even if recognized by Albert, would still be illegitimate and therefore not able to inherit the throne. Succession still goes to Caroline and her children unless Albert has legitimatechildren.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Royal Highness

Well I htink by LAbert publicly acknowledging the child, Alexandre has an increased chance of being treated as his son and equal to any other children ALbert may have. If this info. was not disclosed, then I don't think Alexandrea would be treated equally especially if Albert ever marries. Also ALexandre has a stake in his dad's fortune, which is only fair for this child.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
I think whether or not Alexandre is Albert's son is a moot point. The point of contention now is, other than Albert's continuing financial support for Alexandre and emotional support for the child, what else does Nicole want to happen? By her own admission, Albert has been taking responsibility for the financial aspect of Alexandre's upbrining and tries to see him as often as possible. Plus, Nicole and Alexandre have been living in Albert's apartment. I don't mean to sound insensitive, but what else does she want? I don't think that after the official acknowledgement that it would be the end of the story from Nicole. Call me cynical, but I'm highly suspect to any woman who claims that they had an affair and/or has a child with a famous person.

I feel terrible for Alexandre, the only truly innocent party in this. He didn't ask to be conceived and he didn't ask to be dragged into the spotlight like he was simply because of the circumstances of his birth. I just hope that he grows up as normal as possible with as many opportunities as everyone else is entitled to.
Totally agree with you. Except I don't think Nicole is greedy but clearly she has pride (for herself and her kid). She might think as a mother she has to do what she is doing, but clearly, she making her son's life more complicated and he will have the public eye on him all his life if Albert recognise him. I would not wish that to my own kid...
Old 07-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
I certainly agree with Alexandria in this case. As you know, no form of birth control except abstinence is 100% effective, this information is written on just about all contraceptive devices. When Albert and Nicole decided to "do the deed" they should've considered that there was always a possibility that Nicole could get pregnant.
Exacly. He underestimated how determined she would be, in my opinion.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
The article from Guardian also stated that ALbert asked the mother (I am sorry I forgot her name) to not say anythign about the child while PRanier was alive and as we all know she respected his wishes.
In her interview, she clearly states that even though Albert had told her that a child would be 'impossible', she sent a birth announcement over to Ranier when the boy was born because she 'just wanted him to know he had a grandson', but Ranier never got it because the lawyers picked it up first.

She also plainly states that Albert never told her to remain quiet, she says he never asked her to hide, either.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Well I htink by LAbert publicly acknowledging the child, Alexandre has an increased chance of being treated as his son and equal to any other children ALbert may have. If this info. was not disclosed, then I don't think Alexandrea would be treated equally especially if Albert ever marries. Also ALexandre has a stake in his dad's fortune, which is only fair for this child.
With the exception of inheritance issues, I doubt he'd be treated equally or close to equal to any legitimate children Albert has, if any. Looking at past precedence in the other royal families, Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands and King ALbert of Belgium's illegitimate children were never treated anywhere near that of their legitimate children and they were acknowledged. They were quietly tucked away from public view. Acknowledgement makes zero difference in treatment even if they inherit something when their parent dies.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
With the exception of inheritance issues, I doubt he'd be treated equally or close to equal to any legitimate children Albert has, if any. Looking at past precedence in the other royal families, Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands and King ALbert of Belgium's illegitimate children were never treated anywhere near that of their legitimate children and they were acknowledged. They were quietly tucked away from public view. Acknowledgement makes zero difference in treatment even if they inherit something when their parent dies.
Maybe so, but those guys In the Netherlands or in Belgium did not have someone as determined as Nicole Coste seems to be pounding on their heads about everything either.

If an acknowledgement is made by Albert, I believe she will then start up with something else -- like how it is in the child's best interest to accompany Albert on official functions and how he must never be quietly 'tucked away'. She has already stated she believe that the entire world need to know that the boy was Albert's son.

She may now even start in on how it would be bad for the boy's development not to get a title. She's not working, so she has nothing better to do than think about what else she can get and start working on managing it through. Only time will tell...

I wish her well, but I believe she trying to be a 'family' with Albert whether he wants it or not. Surprising, I never knew someone to litigate their way into becoming royalty .
Old 07-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
But not to forget, this is a woman that is an immigrant from a poor country, she is used to having to keep wait and her eye on the 'details' and be persistent to move things along where she wants them to be using every arguement she can think of and every thing she can get her hands on, resourceful like a 'street fighter' mentality. This is how to get done what you want little bit, by little bit, by little bit, one step, by one step, by one step at a time, no matter how long it takes or whatever the consequenses or no matter the difficulty...
Not everybody in Africa is poor. Nicole comes from a wealthy Togolese family. Her dad was a successful businessman. Beside, she's not really an immigrant. She came to France with her first husband who was French.

As for Monaco succession, it's very clear that Albert always intended to let some money to Alexandre since he already pays for everything. But it's also very clearly that Alexandre will NEVER be in line for the succession. That's not even a question, the law is very clear, and even Nicole says she is totally aware of that fact and she does not try to take on Monaco's "throne".
Old 07-05-2005, 05:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
Not everybody in Africa is poor. Nicole comes from a wealthy Togolese family. Her dad was a successful businessman. Beside, she's not really an immigrant. She came to France with her first husband who was French.

As for Monaco succession, it's very clear that Albert always intended to let some money to Alexandre since he already pays for everything. But it's also very clearly that Alexandre will NEVER be in line for the succession. That's not even a question, the law is very clear, and even Nicole says she is totally aware of that fact and she does not try to take on Monaco's "throne".

You are correct, I did not mean to come across as steroetyping. Everyone in Africa is not poor. But as I said, Togo is a poor country and it is currently a military dicatatorship.

And how do you know she comes from such a 'wealthy' family? She herself said that she was living in a cramped 3 room appartment before moving into Albert's appartment. And she even declared that when she got pregnant she worried that she had a need of money and worried how she would even pay for her 2 older sons education, muchless handle the expenses for a 3rd child on her own. That is not to say she just wanted money, but she did say that she felt she had a need for a bigger home and more finances there.

And is it the case that wealth in one country may equates wealth in another country -- for instance, would someone who is 'wealthy' in Togo possess the same level of material 'wealth' in say, Switzerland or in France or in United States?

She and her first husband are immigrants to France -- being an immigrant does not mean that someone is coming there with their clothes in a sack.

And as far as the law, the woman build a circumstantial case on Albert piece by piece even while the law is that when a child is born outside of marriage, the mother is not legally entitled to the birth certficate. So, in some cases law can say what it wants, if someone is very determined, they can get around all that somehow.:p
Old 07-05-2005, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
But how do you know she comes from such a 'wealthy' family? And is it the case that wealth in one country may equates wealth in another country -- for instance, would someone who is 'wealthy' in Togo possess the same level of material 'wealth' in say, Switzerland or in France or in United States
I know it because she gave a second interview where she talked about her family and gave her real name (so the information is verifiable). If you can read French, I'll PM it to you.
The considerations about whether a rich man in Togo is rich in France is pointless here. What I meant is she was wealthy in Togo where she lived till adulthood. So she never lacked anything, she does not have a street mentality.
Quote:
And she and her first husband are immigrants to France -- being an immigrant does not mean that someone is coming there with their clothes in a sack.
Of course, you're right! I have this cliché about immigrants beeing poor... when it's obviously not always the case:p . But I'll just say that her 1rst hubby was a Frenchman from France, so only her was an immigrant.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
I know it because she gave a second interview where she talked about her family and gave her real name (so the information is verifiable). If you can read French, I'll PM it to you.
The considerations about whether a rich man in Togo is rich in France is pointless here. What I meant is she was wealthy in Togo where she lived till adulthood. So she never lacked anything, she does not have a street mentality.
Of course, you're right! I have this cliché about immigrants beeing poor... when it's obviously not always the case:p . But I'll just say that her 1rst hubby was a Frenchman from France, so only her was an immigrant.

The 'street fighter' mentality that I refer to is an attitude of single-minded determination and willingness not abide by conventions to obtain something, it is not a comment about how someone generally carries themselves. If you look closely, I did not say she has a 'street mentality'. But I do certainly consider some of her comments in Paris Match about herself and her intimacies with Albert rather 'earthy', 'rough-ended' and very much indiscreet.

It remains my opinion that she is pushy and aggressive, persistent, watchful for opportunity and very very determined. Apparently, this to her credit if she is able to accomplish what she wants regardless how daunting.

Get what she wants or not, none of it makes a difference to me, and none of that will elevate her as a personlity in my eyes at all. :p

While I do not believe all I read in the media, I also read an interview that said her first husband was an immigrant as well, and probably not so good with her. I do not know if that is correct.

So, yes Idriel, please send it over. Thanks:)
Old 07-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Serene Highness

It's a very interesting conversation we're having there lillia :) !
I do not think Nicole is up to any opportunities. She had hundreds of opportunities to make interviews, TV shows, etc. and earn lots of money through them but she only talked to Paris Match and AFP (about her family, see the article below, sorry it's long so I won't translate). Beside, she pretend she did not sold her story to PM but just contact them to go public (obviously, this as the rest of her story is to be proved).
What I think is she is determined to have her son publicly recognized and is using the media to force Albert to do so. I don't see her as a gold digger or a fame obsessed woman.

Quote:
Nicole Coste, une divorcée, issue de la bourgeoisie togolaise

agrandir la photoNICE (AFP) - Nicole Coste qui assure avoir un fils du prince Albert de Monaco, est une ancienne hôtesse de l'air divorcée, issue de la bourgeoisie catholique togolaise et naturalisée française.

"Mon père, aujourd'hui à la retraite, avait une usine de conditionnement de fruits de mer et exportait ces produits vers les Halles à Paris", a raconté par téléphone à l'AFP la jeune femme, aujourd'hui âgée de 33 ans.

Née Tossoukpé le 6 décembre 1971 à Lomé, Nicole a grandi dans une famille aisée de la bourgeoisie togolaise où elle dit avoir reçu "une éducation catholique très droite".

Benjamine d'une famille de cinq enfants, elle arrive en France à l'âge de 18 ans pour passer son bac à Sceaux (Hauts-de-Seine). Elle étudie un an à l'université, en sciences économiques, puis deux ans dans une école d'architecture à Paris, tout en travaillant "comme mannequin freelance", indique-t-elle.

A 22 ans, elle se marie avec un chercheur français de 15 ans son aîné, dont elle a deux fils, aujourd'hui âgés de 11 ans et demi et 9 ans.

Ayant acquis la nationalité française, elle commence à travailler à Air France en 1996, "pour être indépendante financièrement". C'est lors d'un vol Paris-Nice qu'elle rencontre le prince Albert il y a huit ans, le 13 juillet 1997. Elle divorce en 1998.

"Les cinq premières années, je venais environ une fois par mois à Monaco", a raconté Nicole Coste à Paris Match en mai. Elle ajoute qu'après une rencontre officielle avec le prince Rainier, "la relation s'est dégradée".

"Je voyais plus Albert à Monaco qu'à Paris. Nous ne nous sommes jamais cachés, mais après la rencontre avec le père d'Albert, nous nous sommes faits plus discrets", se rappelle-t-elle.

Alors que les liens entre Albert et l'hôtesse de l'air se distendent, elle tombe enceinte en décembre 2002. Elle a "oublié sa pilule" lors d'un trajet vers New York, dit-elle à l'AFP.

Alexandre, né le 24 août 2003 à l'hôpital Saint-Vincent-de-Paul à Paris, est déclaré à la mairie sous le nom d'Eric Alexandre Stéphane Tossoukpé. Il devient rapidement Alexandre Coste, sa mère ayant elle-même changé de nom pour s'appeler Nicole Coste par un décret du 10 novembre 2004, au terme d'une démarche devant l'administration française, ont indiqué ses avocats.

La jeune femme étant en congé parental, Albert subvient à ses besoins et à ceux d'Alexandre, selon la même source.

Elle vit actuellement dans un appartement à Villefranche-sur-Mer (Alpes-Maritimes), entre Nice et Monaco, où elle fait rénover une maison de pays située sur les hauteurs de la ville. La maison appartient à une SCI dont 50% des parts sont au nom d'Alexandre.

Nicole se défend d'être une profiteuse: "Je sais qu'Albert estime ma franchise et ma simplicité. Je ne suis pas une chercheuse d'or", a-t-elle déclaré à Paris Match, ajoutant: "Personne ne lui en voudra d'avoir eu une belle histoire d'amour et un bel enfant".

"J'ai toujours dit à Albert qu'Alexandre ne vivrait pas caché", souligne-t-elle.

La mère de Nicole Coste est morte il y a quelques années. Ses trois soeurs et son frère vivent aujourd'hui au Canada, en France et en Allemagne.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Serene Highness

wow -- some article that is

for me, it remains to be seen about the fame obsessed part. If she has wanted to be so much Albert's wife supposed, fame is part of the package. And if the boy is Albert's and Albert makes him some inheritance, she will be taken care of -- according to the another link, she's already getting $10M per month and moving into a much nicer, much bigger home in a city where she wants to live near Monaco to be near Albert. Good for her, then.

I do believe she is opportunistic -- by that, I mean if the circumstances is present, if the chance is available - she will move forward to her advantage and may not be thinking of the long term consequenses of the action. Along the lines of 'just do it, then deal with whatever comes up at it happens'. Some people are like this. But again, it is just my own opinion. Who knows???

How is she stating there that they were never hiding, but with Paris Match and a few other interviews, she said she was hiding and acting like the mistress of his friend.

She first said he broke up with her, then he stopped calling her and was avoiding her. Now in that notice, she is saying after meeting the father that they simply were just becoming more discreet. I think there's alot more to her story than she let on...:p
Old 07-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
How is she stating there that they were never hiding, but with Paris Match and a few other interviews, she said she was hiding and acting like the mistress of his friend.
She first said he broke up with her, then he stopped calling her and was avoiding her. Now in that notice, she is saying after meeting the father that they simply were just more discreet. I think there's alot more to this story than she let on...:p
What few other interviews? As far as I know there has only been PM and AFP.
And there is more about this whole thing indeed! PM has been condemned by French justice to pay 50 000 € to Albert. They are VERY angry about it and the redactor in chief said that they treated the whole affair with taste and respect and let some details out but since Albert took it this way they will publish everything. He said, I quote: 'Our readers will be served'.
Ambiance...