The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
I'm sure he already let everybody know she's not welcome. He may not have "orders" but if I was working the door....I sure wouldn't let her in. She wouldn't dare. No way...I'd be shocked and sad both.
Nicole and their son may have been invited to the celebration and declined to attend or she may have accepted. Prince Albert was using her for his pleasure and now he must pay to play. He has done nothing no different than his sisters have done in the past, it is simply the way they operate.

Old 07-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I highly doubt Nicole would bother to even try and enter Monaco for Albert's enthronement ceremony. There is no way she would get far trying to evade French intelligence services or Monaco's security force. I am sure she knows her every move is being watched.

Old 07-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw7060a
I guarantee you...anybody working the door/gate who would let NC into the coronation ceremony, would find themselves abruptly "unemployed".
Totally! Also the Monegasques are fiercely loyal to the Grimaldis.....

________
Monica17
Old 07-11-2005, 10:51 PM
Serene Highness

I don't understand....
If this is now Alberts publically acknowledged son and the whole world knows about Nicole why wouldn't Albert want Alexandre there to share in his special day?
Old 07-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Royal Highness

Yah lnow I have a feeling this will the way it will always be. I hope Alexandre can go to official events. It is only fair.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:26 PM
Serene Highness

Poor little boy, it seems he'll never really belong....
Old 07-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
I don't understand....
If this is now Alberts publically acknowledged son and the whole world knows about Nicole why wouldn't Albert want Alexandre there to share in his special day?
Well, yes....but given the rather harsh announcement that Alexandre was pointedly excluded from the succession and was not a member of the princely family, it would seem rather embarassing if he were sitting there, don't you think?

Albert clearly had drawn a line in the sand about his son's place in the world, given his insensitive comments that he wasn't "wanted" in the first place. I guess he hates Nicole for going to the French tabloids and humiliating him.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
I know a member of the Kelly family here in the U.S. quite well. He told me that Albert told Rainier about Alexandre in the last year of his life. Caroline and Stephanie knew about it before then, but I don't know for how long. In any case, supposedly Rainier knew about Nicole and the child, but didn't tell Albert how he knew.

Given Monaco's security force and their famous reputation for tapping every phone, photographing every person and reading people's email and regular mail, I would guess Rainier could find out whatever he wanted about Albert, especially if the French intelligence services cooperated.
Although this is a sad state of affairs, I find it sadder that Kelly relatives discuss private Grimaldi family matters and it finds its way onto the internet forums.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:03 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Well, yes....but given the rather harsh announcement that Alexandre was pointedly excluded from the succession and was not a member of the princely family, it would seem rather embarassing if he were sitting there, don't you think?

Albert clearly had drawn a line in the sand about his son's place in the world, given his insensitive comments that he wasn't "wanted" in the first place. I guess he hates Nicole for going to the French tabloids and humiliating him.

Yes, a very harsh announcment indeed!
I think that he's probably endured all of the humiliation that he can at this point, but on the other hand his son should never be considered an embarassment and Albert would earn a great deal of respect in my opinion from the public if he included and was seen with his son. It seems to me that this will be the first of many things Alexandre will be exluded from. (Not to be included to try to impose a place on the throne but to just share in his life because thats what fathers & sons should do)

Alexandre is to young to be hurt by this now but Nicole is already well aware of how her son will be wounded in the future by this. I'm sure she hates Albert for this just as Albert may despise her. Maybe time will heal.
I still feel for the little boy...
Old 07-12-2005, 12:14 AM
Royal Highness

Well this makes me feel better
Prince Albert: Paternity claims possible

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld...d/12108441.htm
Old 07-12-2005, 12:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

After reading that article that Reina posted, i think that he obviously wants to do the right thing.
When Nicole said that she didnt want her son hidden away (an earlier post), it is possible that she meant that she wanted ALexandre to be acknowledged thats all, maybe not in the sense of parading him around like a celebrity, but in the sense of him being finallu acknoweldged. Just a possibility, who knows
Old 07-12-2005, 12:50 AM
Gentry

Cool Nah, no invite...and with good reason.

Nicole and Alexandre would be a problem at the ceremony. Not because she would act out, although there is no guarantee that she wouldn't, but because Alexandre is too young to sit through a long event like that like a happy little camper. He's two, and not likely to endure the entire thing without a bit of fuss, wanting to walk, etc.

Nicole is another thing altogether. She might not do anything obvious to disrupt the day but the media will be looking for her and boy and seeking her out. I think Albert has had enought "Baby Momma Drama" for now, and wants none of it to occur on the big day. Can't say I blame him for that.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:28 AM
Aristocracy

Now that Prince Albert has acknowledged his beautiful little boy and the world knows Nicole is the mother, maybe this chapter of Albert’s personal life can be closed.

The main question in my mind is what direction will he take Monaco in the future?
Old 07-12-2005, 02:13 AM
Heir Apparent

YAHOO NEWS
Prince Albert: Paternity Claims Possible
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050711/...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl
Old 07-12-2005, 08:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
YAHOO NEWS
Prince Albert: Paternity Claims Possible
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050711/...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl
I want to point out a piece in the article which is what I tried to tell people. As to why to stay quiet it wasn't from shame. And yes I understand the situation very much.
Quote:
The prince said in the TV interview that he remained quiet about his son because "I wanted to protect him."
Old 07-12-2005, 09:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
Yes, a very harsh announcment indeed!
I think that he's probably endured all of the humiliation that he can at this point, but on the other hand his son should never be considered an embarassment and Albert would earn a great deal of respect in my opinion from the public if he included and was seen with his son. It seems to me that this will be the first of many things Alexandre will be exluded from. (Not to be included to try to impose a place on the throne but to just share in his life because thats what fathers & sons should do)

Alexandre is to young to be hurt by this now but Nicole is already well aware of how her son will be wounded in the future by this. I'm sure she hates Albert for this just as Albert may despise her. Maybe time will heal.
I still feel for the little boy...
Lashinka, I clearly understand your point of view, but I think Albert is right to keep him away from Monaco's public life. Albert clearly said this kid was part of his private life and would never have a public role regarding Monaco.
In order to prevent confusions in Alexandre's mind, it is important that he leads a totally private life and that he is kept apart from public manifestations. Telling him he has not a place as a Grimaldi but parading him on officials events would send the wrong message, and confuse the kid, IMO.
I don't think he will feel rejected as long as Albert keep a healthy dad-son relationship, in private.

BTW, thank you for the answer Branchg.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Serene Highness

Can someone explain to this man what a condom is?
Old 07-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Aristocracy

Lightbulb

I am sure Albert wants to protect his son. But excluding him from his life is wrong. Despite Alberts feelings on Alex's mother he should not project those feelings onto his son. I know he can't be the next monarch of Monaco but still should be a part of the family.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Serene Highness

Condom is a thin piece of rubber worn over the penis when having sex to prevent the man's sperm from reaching the woman's eggs and impregnating her. It is also used to prevent sexually transmitted diseases.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMary
I am sure Albert wants to protect his son. But excluding him from his life is wrong. Despite Alberts feelings on Alex's mother he should not project those feelings onto his son. I know he can't be the next monarch of Monaco but still should be a part of the family.
He doesn't want to protect him; he just doesn't want to have to deal with him.