The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 09:14 PM
Aristocracy

As a longtime royal watcher, I have been reading about this dilemma for a couple of weeks. I find after much reading that Nicole is cunning. The oops birth control accident, the sending a birth announcement to Ranier, the cousins selling the pictures so she can be blameless, the clever change of name, the strict Catholic card while having sex outside of marriage and using birth control, in my opinion this all reeks of master manipulation. Too bad little Jasmin's mama was not as cunning, she could possibly be sharing in the inheritance too.

I add to the mix the NY Times article snippet, which is a repeat of many already posted, but I found this to be another example of all the above ( one needs a login to read the total article).
Ms. Coste lives in the prince's two-bedroom apartment in the upscale 16th Arrondissement in Paris and will have use of a house on the French Riviera, half owned by Prince Albert and half by his son, Mr. Vaconsin said. But he said she needs more space to accommodate her two other children, from a previous marriage. Those children now live nearby with their father.

Another article speculates that she will try to crash his formal ceremony by bringing the baby to it and making a scene.

I would have thought Albert would have been trained from an early age to avoid this kind of debacle, but then maybe he wasn't the sharpest crayon in the box and Nicole knew that going into the relationship.

Old 07-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Royal Highness

Ah! A soap opera!
WEll I wonder, will little Alexandre have a title? Also will he ever get to appear on the balcony or on his dad's official/unofficial trips? Also I wonder what does this mean for Nicole's future romances. I hope she marries rich or something and not someone who wants her money. Gosh a bodyguard? Poor thing, I guess she wanted what was bets for her son and just did not see how much it would change her and his life. But I think she just wanted her son to be fully recognized by his dad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu An
Nicole is determined to be a perpetual thorn in Albert's side, isn't she? The woman he marries will have to have steel underneath her skin to live with Nicole always in the picture.

Old 07-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Royal Highness

Well no one knows this. As I said and as libradoll has perfectly conveyed she mmight just want her child to be officially recognized as muhc as Albert's kids by his wives will be. But I hope that little Alexandre will b included in all the family stuff. I bet Stephanie woudl not mind, but don't knwo about Caroline. But I hope that Nicole does not try to squeeze her way into the Grimaldi family business. That is where her tracks should stop, but her son has full rights to it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
Nicole alone went to the press and "outed" herself and her child. She did it for money and attention. If she had not done this one thing, made this one choice, this board would not exhist. It is entirely her fault, she did it for money and she is 100% to blame for this situation. She could have gotten an attorney, established paternity and gotten her financial support without going public.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaia
As a longtime royal watcher, I have been reading about this dilemma for a couple of weeks. I find after much reading that Nicole is cunning. The oops birth control accident, the sending a birth announcement to Ranier, the cousins selling the pictures so she can be blameless, the clever change of name, the strict Catholic card while having sex outside of marriage and using birth control, in my opinion this all reeks of master manipulation. Too bad little Jasmin's mama was not as cunning, she could possibly be sharing in the inheritance too.

I add to the mix the NY Times article snippet, which is a repeat of many already posted, but I found this to be another example of all the above ( one needs a login to read the total article).
Ms. Coste lives in the prince's two-bedroom apartment in the upscale 16th Arrondissement in Paris and will have use of a house on the French Riviera, half owned by Prince Albert and half by his son, Mr. Vaconsin said. But he said she needs more space to accommodate her two other children, from a previous marriage. Those children now live nearby with their father.

Another article speculates that she will try to crash his formal ceremony by bringing the baby to it and making a scene.

I would have thought Albert would have been trained from an early age to avoid this kind of debacle, but then maybe he wasn't the sharpest crayon in the box and Nicole knew that going into the relationship.
Gaia, this tidbit from the NY Times totally reeks of opportunism if true..... Nicole actually wants a larger place to accommodate her other children? Whatever for, they're not Albert's kids. Have their dad pay up for the balance of getting a bigger space. Better yet, Nicole should get back to work in order to pay for a bigger place!

I know it takes two to tango, but most of Nicole's behavior after coming out points to opportunism. Or maybe she also just trying to hold on to PA II, whom I'm almost sure is trying take this all in for the sake of Alexandre.

Old 07-11-2005, 04:18 AM
Aristocracy

The below article talks about Prince Albert's plans at "modernizing" the principality. He wants to improve/clean up Monaco's image not as a place for shady people or money launderers. The article also talks about the necessity of him dealing with the ethical/moral question of whether or not he is the father of Jazmin Grace if he wants to start his reign on the right foot.

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/e...nce_for_Monaco
Old 07-11-2005, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness

I believe that he is the father of Jazmin otherwise his lawyers would not have fought to have the case dismissed they would have outright denied paternity. What a joke!!!
Old 07-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
I believe that he is the father of Jazmin otherwise his lawyers would not have fought to have the case dismissed they would have outright denied paternity. What a joke!!!
Could it be that he hasn't been to California (unless his security detail was very, very cautious) since the mother of this alleged daughter of Prince Albert filed for paternity? If I remember correctly, the case was dismissed for lack of jurisdiction on Prince Albert? Just curious..Legal experts out there, any clue?
Old 07-11-2005, 01:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaia

I read the same thing about NC crashing the formal ceremony but I don't think it will happen. I mean, he has the power to keep her out and I highly suspect she's probably even less popular with the people in Monoco than even the faithful on this board.
http://www.royalarchive.com/index.ph...d=985&Itemid=2

Also, I think the idea he has "inheratance rights" is dubious. I mean, Albert will have a will and he can leave the boy as little or as much as he likes....
Old 07-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Serene Highness

"Albert, after DNA tests, provided her and her son with financial security but Coste said: 'I always told Albert that I would not allow Alexandre to be hidden away.' "

What does that mean? She's going to parade him around? She is one sick cookie.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I read the same thing about NC crashing the formal ceremony but I don't think it will happen. I mean, he has the power to keep her out and I highly suspect she's probably even less popular with the people in Monoco than even the faithful on this board.

Also, I think the idea he has "inheratance rights" is dubious. I mean, Albert will have a will and he can leave the boy as little or as much as he likes....
Didn't think "elegant" ladies crashed parties.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilah
Albert's situation just proves that one should never have sex with someone you would be shamed to acknowledge public if a problem should insue. As a heir to a principality he should have have better discerning taste in women. He could only blame himself as to why the situation turned out.
Good point:)
Old 07-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreed777
Reina, it looks like that is exactly what Albert's lawyers were doing - playing games and hoping she would tire and give up. I'm sure they didn't bargain on her "spilling the beans" or they would have handled things differently.
I agree 100% dreed777. I read in the June Paris Match that Nicole's bid in court was rejected. This would have forced her to make some kind of appeal -- but then Albert's people negotiated that he was going to make the announcement after the mourning period.

I know that's old by now, but I read that in the Paris Match (June). I'm just glad it's settled and over with, no matter how it all started. It's done.

Again, I'm glad it's done and hopefully can move on to enjoy the festivals or something:)
Old 07-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Oh, maybe if NC indeed tries to crash into the enthronement activities PA II can do what his great grandfather (Prince Louis) did before - have her ejected from the Principality (it was said that Prince Louis had orders that Prince Pierre - Prince Rainier's father - was not allowed into Monaco, and for the guards to eject him should he ever set foot).

NC should just be quiet and contemplate what she has done. I hope she doesn't crash - creating a scene in such a festive event will just make things worse and dampen the happy mood of everyone. It's Albert's day and for the Monegasques.

Old 07-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=mw7060a
..... The sisters have seven children between them. Mr Lacoste said the boy would have the same rights to inheritance as any other child of Prince Albert, should he have any others.

Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling from Mr. Lacoste's last statement, "...should he have any others"...that there might be other children out there belonging to Prince Albert? I am waiting for the other shoe to drop for other "surprises".[/QUOTE]

I saw this one coming...If you remember my previous post above (# 71), I was waiting for the other shoe to drop. Now read the article below regarding other paternity claims:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E1702,00.html
Old 07-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Aristocracy

I could be totally wrong, but I have said for many years that my gut feeling is that Jazmin is his daughter. I still believe that it will eventually come out that she is and he has been "helping" financially all along.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
Oh, maybe if NC indeed tries to crash into the enthronement activities PA II can do what his great grandfather (Prince Louis) did before - have her ejected from the Principality (it was said that Prince Louis had orders that Prince Pierre - Prince Rainier's father - was not allowed into Monaco, and for the guards to eject him should he ever set foot).

NC should just be quiet and contemplate what she has done. I hope she doesn't crash - creating a scene in such a festive event will just make things worse and dampen the happy mood of everyone. It's Albert's day and for the Monegasques.

I'm sure he already let everybody know she's not welcome. He may not have "orders" but if I was working the door....I sure wouldn't let her in. She wouldn't dare. No way...I'd be shocked and sad both.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Albert had told Rainier about Alexandre and, yes, the girls knew about him a long time ago. This is a close family that doesn't keep secrets from each other.
Branchg, what makes you think Rainier knew about the kid? I read in several publications that he did not knew. And according to sources close to the Grimaldi (as well as obvious facts, at least to me) they do not seem a close family at all.
I'm not saying that you're wrong or anything, I would just be happy to know your reasons for making such affirmations.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I'm sure he already let everybody know she's not welcome. He may not have "orders" but if I was working the door....I sure wouldn't let her in. She wouldn't dare. No way...I'd be shocked and sad both.
I guarantee you...anybody working the door/gate who would let NC into the coronation ceremony, would find themselves abruptly "unemployed".
Old 07-11-2005, 09:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreed777
I could be totally wrong, but I have said for many years that my gut feeling is that Jazmin is his daughter. I still believe that it will eventually come out that she is and he has been "helping" financially all along.
I hope that he clears that up too. I don't think he owes us anything, but if there are children out there and their mothers have just been discreet may they all be healthy, wealthy and wise.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
Branchg, what makes you think Rainier knew about the kid? I read in several publications that he did not knew. And according to sources close to the Grimaldi (as well as obvious facts, at least to me) they do not seem a close family at all.
I'm not saying that you're wrong or anything, I would just be happy to know your reasons for making such affirmations.
I know a member of the Kelly family here in the U.S. quite well. He told me that Albert told Rainier about Alexandre in the last year of his life. Caroline and Stephanie knew about it before then, but I don't know for how long. In any case, supposedly Rainier knew about Nicole and the child, but didn't tell Albert how he knew.

Given Monaco's security force and their famous reputation for tapping every phone, photographing every person and reading people's email and regular mail, I would guess Rainier could find out whatever he wanted about Albert, especially if the French intelligence services cooperated.