The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
Aloha, on holiday but now I"m back in the grove.

She's all about the cash.....said it a long time ago, still saying it. Oh, and probably the attention too. Sadly, famous people attract people who also want to be famous. Did I not just read she drives a BMW, has a body gaurd and is getting ready to move into a nice new place? Then, if albert dies, she gets some of the inheratance....? I don't care if I offend, she is in it for the money. Once she realized she wasn't getting the ring she cashed out the only way she knew how.
Exactly! This is what I thought from the beginning -- she keeps changing her line about why she went public and she seems to been suing for more than recognition for the boy. In her interviews, she said her only wish was to have a recognition for the boy (I guess she may have changed her mind at some point):

In the AFP this was also said by her lawyer (sorry if it's been seen already):

..."Speaking after Wednesday's statement from the prince, Coste's lawyer Daniel Vaconsin said: "We welcome this recognition with relief but also vigilance," adding that the mother's legal and financial status now had to be resolved. "

Plainly want even more cash for herself and she seems also to be asking for something to change/be done on her own legal status -- maybe she's trying to sue more for him to make her into some kind of elevated status -- I would not know, by that's just my own crazy guess. but who knows??

Only time will tell...

Old 07-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

OK -- I seem to have answered a little bit of my own question somewhat -- along with some more cash for herself looks like to me she is also trying to press Albert even more for a special 'position' or designation or something.
It's my own opinion based on what her lawyer seems to be saying...

Perhaps a new Royal representative at Monaco with an office in the pink palace right next to his? Princess Grace's former office?

Maybe a legal binding Princely appointment for life to attend and manage all royal galas and engagements and meet and greet the public and all other royalty and all dignitaries in Monaco and abroad?

Maybe official representative for the Annual Red Cross Ball in Monaco?

Do you think she'll get even more from him?

From the International Herald Tribune. Interesting...

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/07/07/news/monaco.php

Old 07-08-2005, 05:01 PM
Aristocracy

I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to follow this much. Does anyone know (i.e. has it been published) if Caroline and Stephanie knew of Alexandre before the revelations?
Old 07-08-2005, 05:48 PM
Aristocracy

I'm going to say discount on Karl Lagerfeld clothes hang out with Caroline and Erst on their yacht. Alex has a birthday coming up party at the palace fly flags and invite all the little prince and pricecess's from other reigning houses.
wittykitty
Old 07-08-2005, 06:46 PM
Aristocracy

Easy mark or not. Prince Albert is not some babe in the woods. As a wealthy royal bachelor he has been around and knows the tricks of the trade. Prince Albert is an adult and decides whom he wants to get involved with. And this woman did not put a gun to his head and force him into a sexual affair that went on for a good while. It takes two to tango as they say.

Nicole's character may or may not be dubious. She may be only in it for the money. Whatever the truth is in the end; Albert will have to deal with that in his own way. He is an adult. I'm sure he will get it under control. However none of this matters in the end. It does not matter how the child was conceived. As I stated the child is here and Albert is the father.

Albert was already providing for his son and now he has publicly acknowledged his son. And Albert plans to continue to provide for his son and see him on a much more regular basis. That is the proper thing to do. And as long as Albert does right by his son then all should be well. I think Albert is doing the right thing by his son and that is all that matters in my opinion.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Aristocracy

Albert's situation just proves that one should never have sex with someone you would be shamed to acknowledge public if a problem should insue. As a heir to a principality he should have have better discerning taste in women. He could only blame himself as to why the situation turned out.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:56 PM
Royal Highness

I think one thing that should be remembered is that there are always two sides to every story. No one person can be solely held at fault. As they say, it takes two to tango. I don't think it's fair to place all the blame on either Nicole or on Albert. Of course there will always be room for opinions, but I think it is unfair to place a label on either seeing as how we don't have the whole story.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Aristocracy

Gabriella, I agree with you 100%. This is EXACTLY what I have been trying to convey on this forum for a month now.
I got involved in these discussions for one reason only - because it seemed that too many people were jumping to way too many conclusions without sufficient facts (remember when so many were totally convinced that Nicole was lying about everything and Albert was not the father?). Now it's all this conjecture that she has just been after his money all along. In all actuality, I don't really care a bit whether she was after his money or not. And I'm not sure why anyone else cares but it's apparent from these discussions that some people do. If she IS a golddigger, she's very good at it because it looks like she pretty much won the big bucks and the recognition, didn't she? She may be like a lot of these people think - a coniving golddigger - but you gotta admit if she is she's apparently a SMART and successful coniving golddigger! :)
Old 07-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella
I think one thing that should be remembered is that there are always two sides to every story. No one person can be solely held at fault. As they say, it takes two to tango. I don't think it's fair to place all the blame on either Nicole or on Albert. Of course there will always be room for opinions, but I think it is unfair to place a label on either seeing as how we don't have the whole story.
Nicole alone went to the press and "outed" herself and her child. She did it for money and attention. If she had not done this one thing, made this one choice, this board would not exhist. It is entirely her fault, she did it for money and she is 100% to blame for this situation. She could have gotten an attorney, established paternity and gotten her financial support without going public.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Royal Highness

Machevelli, Gabriella, Akilah, and Dreed77 have all made excellent points!!!
Old 07-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Aristocracy

Well, I think her whole point of contention was that she HAD been trying, unsuccessfully, to establish paternity for almost two years. As far as the money, we'll never know if she will now get more from Albert or if it will remain about the same as it has been. I seriously doubt she'll get more than she already was - why would he give her more? If anything, she may even get less - I mean she could've screwed herself right out of some of the "hush" money. I would think if she was just all about the money, she was in a perfect spot to "negotiate" while she was holding the trump card. She has now played her trump card. Why would she do that if she was just trying to get more money? It doesn't make sense to me. (Just my opinion, of course.)
Old 07-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Royal Highness

Nicole's lawyers vs Albert's lawyers...wouldn't his lawyers just play some game so that she woudl eventually tire and give up?
Old 07-08-2005, 11:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Albert is hardly the first, or last, royal to have children without the benefit of a marriage. His paternal grandmother, Princess Charlotte, was the daughter of a Moroccan washerwoman and only legitmitized at the last moment when Prince Louis needed an heir to the principality. Grace was certainly not warmly welcomed as a suitable bride for Rainier by his people at the time of her marriage and her life was no fairy tale either.

Princess Stephanie has two children with dubious parentage and Princess Caroline has been no saint with her three marriages. Stephano was from a very shady Italian family with connections to the mob and Philippe was a jet-set hustler. Ernst is certainly a top drawer royal, but an alcoholic with a penchant for very poor behavior. The history of the Grimaldis is hardly inconsistent when you think about it.

I think Nicole was definately looking for more money from Albert and it's clear that he was already being very generous with her. I'm sure she wanted Albert to acknowledge their child, but I can't help but wonder if she was looking for what she could obtain out of it now that Rainier was dead. Albert had told Rainier about Alexandre and, yes, the girls knew about him a long time ago. This is a close family that doesn't keep secrets from each other.

I think it was admirable for Albert to publicly acknowledge his responsibility to his child and he made clear Alexandre will be a part of his life and inherit his money. The dynastic matter was already settled by Rainier by changing the Constitution to ensure the family succession would remain with Caroline, Stephanie and their children.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
maybe she's trying to sue more for him to make her into some kind of elevated status
Nicole is determined to be a perpetual thorn in Albert's side, isn't she? The woman he marries will have to have steel underneath her skin to live with Nicole always in the picture.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Prince Albert is hardly the first, or last, royal to have children without the benefit of a marriage. His paternal grandmother, Princess Charlotte, was the daughter of a Moroccan washerwoman and only legitmitized at the last moment when Prince Louis needed an heir to the principality. Grace was certainly not warmly welcomed as a suitable bride for Rainier by his people at the time of her marriage and her life was no fairy tale either.

Princess Stephanie has two children with dubious parentage and Princess Caroline has been no saint with her three marriages. Stephano was from a very shady Italian family with connections to the mob and Philippe was a jet-set hustler. Ernst is certainly a top drawer royal, but an alcoholic with a penchant for very poor behavior. The history of the Grimaldis is hardly inconsistent when you think about it.

I think Nicole was definately looking for more money from Albert and it's clear that he was already being very generous with her. I'm sure she wanted Albert to acknowledge their child, but I can't help but wonder if she was looking for what she could obtain out of it now that Rainier was dead. Albert had told Rainier about Alexandre and, yes, the girls knew about him a long time ago. This is a close family that doesn't keep secrets from each other.

I think it was admirable for Albert to publicly acknowledge his responsibility to his child and he made clear Alexandre will be a part of his life and inherit his money. The dynastic matter was already settled by Rainier by changing the Constitution to ensure the family succession would remain with Caroline, Stephanie and their children.
As usual you just need to have an Italian surname, and, voilà, you must necessarily have a connection with the mafia!
Stefano's family was originally from the North, where the mafia's culture has never taken root until the 1960's when the first massive immigration from the South took place. The Casiraghis have alwyas been honest hardworking people. During the past war Fernanda, Stefano's Mom, even challenged the Nazis in order to save her her company.
Stefano may be have blackmailed by the mafia, after marrying Caro and move to Montecarlo, but that doesn't necessarily implies that all Italian are necessarily "mafiosi"!
Old 07-09-2005, 12:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
that make perfect sense and i dont know about my opinion. the more i hear the more my opinion changes
Old 07-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Aristocracy

Reina, it looks like that is exactly what Albert's lawyers were doing - playing games and hoping she would tire and give up. I'm sure they didn't bargain on her "spilling the beans" or they would have handled things differently.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Nicole's lawyers vs Albert's lawyers...wouldn't his lawyers just play some game so that she woudl eventually tire and give up?
Wouldn't Albert be paying for Nicoles lawyers?
So then who's lawyers are they really? hmmmmm......
Old 07-09-2005, 01:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
Stefano may be have blackmailed by the mafia, after marrying Caro and move to Montecarlo, but that doesn't necessarily implies that all Italian are necessarily "mafiosi"!
Stefano's family was quite big in construction. I agree with you that Stefano may have gotten involved with the mafia while in Monaco. Just take a look at what was done with his casket after being buried. It was unearthed and set on end. A definite fingerprint of the mafia that are displeased with a person who is deceased.

By the way, branchg didn't even imply all Italians are necessarily "mafiosi". However, I don't agree that the Stefano family are a "very shady Italian family". They appear to be a stalwart Italian family as you've indicated.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
OK -- I seem to have answered a little bit of my own question somewhat -- along with some more cash for herself looks like to me she is also trying to press Albert even more for a special 'position' or designation or something.
It's my own opinion based on what her lawyer seems to be saying...

Perhaps a new Royal representative at Monaco with an office in the pink palace right next to his? Princess Grace's former office?

Maybe a legal binding Princely appointment for life to attend and manage all royal galas and engagements and meet and greet the public and all other royalty and all dignitaries in Monaco and abroad?

Maybe official representative for the Annual Red Cross Ball in Monaco?

Do you think she'll get even more from him?

Personally, I think she saw Albert as an easy 'mark'. That's my own opinion.

From the International Herald Tribune. Interesting...

(those pictures are not from the iht)

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/07/07/news/monaco.php

I have just read the article...... very interesting! Now Nicole Coste needs more money - for bodyguard(s) and of course, she can no longer work (as a stewardess). She can't work, even on another job? Because of the scandal she created?

She should have considered those things before going public and scandalously at that. Now she thinks she's entitled to money - and more money, because of her circumstances.

My sympathies are totally with PA II.

________
Monica17