The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Aristocracy

You are right. That would be a bitter pill to swallow.

Old 07-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I want to say regarding the posts I made last night I was awake 24 hours from stress worried over my own child's safety and not being able to be with her. I wish I hadn't gotten involved in this mess. If anyone has a question they think I can answer PM me I will try to respond privately.

Old 07-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Courtier

Lady MacAlpine:

This is getting ugly. I do find it amazing how people are viewing this. But such is life!
I've cut my post to a minimum also; I don't want to offend anyone with my views.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Courtier

This family has become so common. Sad since there was so much glamour and excitement when Grace married Ranier. And now you have their three children in a less than royal manner, and so common as to make the Windsors seem like a normal, functioning family.

Caroline who has been married three times, one marriage which ended in an anulment, and her current husband who pees in public and gets so drunk that he can't attend a wedding the next day.

Stephanie who had all of her children out of wedlock, married only one of their fathers who ended up getting caught by photographers gallavanting with a half-naked woman, who ran off with the circus and broke up a marriage only to get married to another man some months later which also ended up in divorce.

Then you have Albert who is now the head of this principality. A man who is nearly 50 but acts like he is an immature 25 year old sleeping around with women then acts surprised and shocked that one of them has gotten pregnant. He at first tries to deny his son only to fess up to it some months later when pictures of the child in Albert's arms gets published in an internationally known publication.

If this family aren't prime candidates for Dr. Phil then I don't know who is.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Nobility

Aloha, on holiday but now I"m back in the grove.

She's all about the cash.....said it a long time ago, still saying it. Oh, and probably the attention too. Sadly, famous people attract people who also want to be famous. Did I not just read she drives a BMW, has a body gaurd and is getting ready to move into a nice new place? Then, if albert dies, she gets some of the inheratance....? I don't care if I offend, she is in it for the money. Once she realized she wasn't getting the ring she cashed out the only way she knew how.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahteresa
She's all about the cash.....said it a long time ago, still saying it. Oh, and probably the attention too. Sadly, famous people attract people who also want to be famous. Did I not just read she drives a BMW, has a body gaurd and is getting ready to move into a nice new place? Then, if albert dies, she gets some of the inheratance....? I don't care if I offend, she is in it for the money. Once she realized she wasn't getting the ring she cashed out the only way she knew how.
For as long as there have been famous people there have been others who want to share in their spotlight or want them for their money. If they can't get it legitimately then they will blackmail or manipulate for it.

But doesn't Albert come off as rather stupid for having been made such a fool so publicly by Nicole? As someone who grew up in the spotlight and over the last 20 years has seen his sisters live rather public and humiliating scandals shouldn't Albert know better and have protected himself better?

Albert didn't just become famous a few months ago when Ranier died. He's been famous for nearly 50 years, has grown up in the spotlight and Nicole is probably not the first person who has tried to extort money or publicity from Albert. Yet he fell for it all hook line and sinker.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Courtier

Yes, but he still acted with love and sincerity towards his son, Alexandre, and his mother and his siblings. I agree, it's all about the money.
Albert has acted much better than his sisters, I don't care what anyone says. Of the three, he is the best. I find it amusing watching Caroline acting so piously when she stole her best friend's husband. But you reap what you sow. She wanted Ernst, now she has him with all of his glory. And personally, he is quite a charming character when he chooses to be. Now Stephanie, definite issues; more of a liability than an asset.

I think that he will be a great ruler and he isn't the only ruler who has children outside of marriage. To his credit, he acted admirably. And I still say, the most blame lies with Nicole, but yes, Albert isn't without some fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
For as long as there have been famous people there have been others who want to share in their spotlight or want them for their money. If they can't get it legitimately then they will blackmail or manipulate for it.

But doesn't Albert come off as rather stupid for having been made such a fool so publicly by Nicole? As someone who grew up in the spotlight and over the last 20 years has seen his sisters live rather public and humiliating scandals shouldn't Albert know better and have protected himself better?

Albert didn't just become famous a few months ago when Ranier died. He's been famous for nearly 50 years, has grown up in the spotlight and Nicole is probably not the first person who has tried to extort money or publicity from Albert. Yet he fell for it all hook line and sinker.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:29 PM
Aristocracy

Hello to everybody! :)
Someone was curious about the real name of Ms. Nicole. I found this info on other royal board:

In summary: She's getting 10,000.00 EUR a month which is approximately
$11,897.88 United States Dollars per month. She is driving a BMW and wants for nothing.

She was thinking that she would be the first African Princess of Monaco.

Albert suggested an abortion because a child at that time would have put his position in jeopardy. She refused. He cut physical ties with her but still provided financially for her and the child. She had quit her job.

Her legal name was actually Nicole Tossoukpe and the child shared her last name, and might still have that surname. She legally changed her name - somehow this is connected to the name of Alberts Lawyer. She borrowed part of his name.

She was going to name the child Eric but later changed to Alexandre.

She has access to and ownership of a villa worth over 2 million EUR.

Story originally posted at Royal Update
Old 07-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq
Lady MacAlpine:

This is getting ugly. I do find it amazing how people are viewing this. But such is life!
I've cut my post to a minimum also; I don't want to offend anyone with my views.
Hey pretty lady good for you best to back out.

Old 07-08-2005, 12:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMarine
Hello to everybody! :)
Someone was curious about the real name of Ms. Nicole. I found this info on other royal board:

In summary: She's getting 10,000.00 EUR a month which is approximately
$11,897.88 United States Dollars per month. She is driving a BMW and wants for nothing.

She was thinking that she would be the first African Princess of Monaco.

Albert suggested an abortion because a child at that time would have put his position in jeopardy. She refused. He cut physical ties with her but still provided financially for her and the child. She had quit her job.

Her legal name was actually Nicole Tossoukpe and the child shared her last name, and might still have that surname. She legally changed her name - somehow this is connected to the name of Alberts Lawyer. She borrowed part of his name.

She was going to name the child Eric but later changed to Alexandre.

She has access to and ownership of a villa worth over 2 million EUR.

The greedy pig. Seriously, the minute she got some support she quit her job and lives off of his dime. Tells you precisely what she had planned and what type of person she is. She makes $142,774.56 per year. All that for just having his kid. I imagine she's just causing all this difficulties so she can scare off any woman that Albert might want to marry. In the end she thinks that Albert will simply marry her.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Ianna and tbhrc for the pictures.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Nobility

Just wanted 2know if Albert was 2say adopt Alexandre, would the child then become heir? Also wasn't there a previous illegitimate heir on the throne in Monaco b4?

My opinion on this is that Nicole got tired of waiting for Albert to publicly acknowledge Alexandre and she went ahead & exposed the situation. She should have waited until the official mourning period was over @least. Still he's been there 4his son, so thats good!!!

He really needs 2marry and produce a legitimate heir. This will ease any pressure of Caroline's children Andrea, Pierre and Charlotte. He should have settled down a long time ago!!!
Old 07-08-2005, 09:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE=Amina]Just wanted 2know if Albert was 2say adopt Alexandre, would the child then become heir? Also wasn't there a previous illegitimate heir on the throne in Monaco b4?QUOTE]

Hi Amina

I am just guessing here but i think that if Albert were to adopt Alexandre, he will be the heir to the throne. I dont see any reason why he wouldnt be. This is just my pure guesswork, im not really sure.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:57 AM
Serene Highness

well, i hope albert can fine the women of his dreams(i hope its not nicole) and marry her. then have lots of children.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:14 AM
Courtier

According to new succession laws (changed by Rainier in 2002, but apparently not yet ratified by France) an adopted child is not in the succession line, just as a natural one...only legitimate children, born in a legitimate wedding, can be in line of succession. In order for Alexandre to become the heir Albert should marry his mother, that's the only way if Albert doesn't decide to change the Constitution again...

Kisses
Old 07-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Courtier

I think it was Sad how every one handled it, he should of stood up at the beginning and said " this is my child" instead of hiding behind closed doors all the time, I think everyone comes out of it looking bad ( except the child) all I can say Im glad that neither of them are my parents.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amina
Just wanted 2know if Albert was 2say adopt Alexandre, would the child then become heir? Also wasn't there a previous illegitimate heir on the throne in Monaco b4?

My opinion on this is that Nicole got tired of waiting for Albert to publicly acknowledge Alexandre and she went ahead & exposed the situation. She should have waited until the official mourning period was over @least. Still he's been there 4his son, so thats good!!!

He really needs 2marry and produce a legitimate heir. This will ease any pressure of Caroline's children Andrea, Pierre and Charlotte. He should have settled down a long time ago!!!
Rainier's mother was illegitimate by birth.

I don't see need for him to marry if only due to succession. For awhile now, in the back of Caroline's children's minds, they knew they had a chance for the throne and the responsibilities that entailed. If Albert needs to marry, then it should be for love and happiness.

Frankly, I don't see a reason for him to marry Nicole just because of Alexandre. I've seen so many of my friends have children outside of marriage, then marry the fathers and the marriages collapse within two years. In most cases, marrying after having a child and marrying for the sake of the child is just compounding the problem. As much as a child is very important in one's life, marrying someone for them while lacking deep respect and thought for the other person is a mistake. It'd cause more heartache not only for the couple, but for the child later on if it only causes conflict.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:46 AM
Aristocracy

I agree. There is probably way too much water under the bridge at this point for Albert and Nicole to ever end up together. They will do well to overcome any bitterness and anger and be able to always "get along" for Alexandre's sake, and I think they will. :)
Old 07-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Commoner

I find the position that Albert should be commended for acknowleding his own child kind of strange.

First of all we don't know what he promised Nicole or what passed between them so the position that somehow she some wanton and his some innocent victim is just plain ludicrous and I still hold to my position that if she were Swedish or Irish or just blonde of any kind the nasty innuendos about her character would not be appearing on this board.

Finally what exactly did Albert do? His child won't succeed him (and I understand about the Constitution and such so that's fine), but the child will also NOT carry his father's name. A name is the first thing a man gives his child in this life. He wants the child to live in relative obscurity (translation: please forget he exists) an obscurity his other children if he has any won't be living in and most offensive of all he announced to the freeworld that the child was not wanted-out of respect for his own child and the fact that Alexandre will have to read this this someday all he had to say was "unforeseen" and left it there.

So what did he dd? He did not acknowledge his son. He bascially said "I have a little secret I've been keeping and I've decided to let you in on it since you found out anyway-now please go forget about it" That's what he did and that's all he did.

Queenie
Old 07-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Nobility

I still cannot believe he admitted to being the father. The guy's got balls, I'll say that for him. Certainly this cannot increase the prestige of the Grimaldis in the eyes of their royal counterparts. Years of partying, divorces, scandals, drug use, and now illegitimate children (Stephanie broke that taboo years ago, but, still, he is the reigning prince)? Wow... Queen Victoria would certainly not be amused.