Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 31: January 2016 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Albert watched the RBS Six Nations match between Italy and France at Olimpico Stadium in Rome, Italy, yesterday, March 11:

** zimbio gallery ** gettyimages **

Prince Albert held a speech at the IOC World Conference on Prevention of Injury and Illness in Sport in Monaco yesterday, March 15:

** ppe gallery **

A belated addition for March 6: Prince Albert was in Madrid as part of the first actions of the Spanish branch of the Foundation, created last April. He visited the Dehesa del Milagro biodynamic farming estate located North of Madrid and attended an evening event foe the foundation:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** fpa2.org **

Yesterday, March 18, Prince Albert received San Marin's Foreign minister Nicola Renzi and Andorra's head of government Antoni Marti Petit for a meeting at the Princely Palace:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Albert attended the Peace and Sport White Card Launch Ceremony at the Yacht Club of Monaco yesterday, March 23. The campaign is entitled "Show us where you play your peace" and wants to celebrate the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace. On 6 April everyone is invited to take a photo with the white cardboard and to post it on the social media platforms.

** ppe gallery ** mc: Lancement de la campagne annuelle #WhiteCard 2017 **

On March 21 Prince Albert was awarded with an honorary doctorate of the Sorbonne University in Paris. He received it for his "commitment to the fight against climate change, biodiversity and his numerous actions for the protection of the seas and oceans through his Foundation".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** fb gallery **

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZvl8fLtr9U

On March 23 Prince Albert attended the presentation of the White Paper on the Energy Transition of the Principality of Monaco:

** fb gallery ** mc: Le Livre Blanc de la Transition Energétique de Monaco ** translation **

So there was a Gala for Charlene's foundation which she didn't attend, but Albert did. Bit odd...

:previous:

Prince Albert attended the Riviera Water Bike Challenge Gala Dinner in support of the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation and creation of an aquatic rescue centre in Burkina Faso at the Monaco Yacht Club on March 24:

** fb gallery **

Last edited:
:previous:

Prince Albert attended the Riviera Water Bike Challenge Gala Dinner in support of the Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation and creation of an aquatic rescue centre in Burkina Faso at the Monaco Yacht Club on March 24:

** fb gallery **

Thank you!

Would still have liked to see Charlene in a glamorous gown but hey ho... I have given up trying to work out how the Palace of Monaco divides up jobs amongst various members of the family. ?

^^^ previous. I too am amazed that P Charlene did not attend the gala. I am sure, though, that there must be good reason for her absence. This was a premier event for her Foundation and one I am sure she would not skip out of choice.

So there was a Gala for Charlene's foundation which she didn't attend, but Albert did. Bit odd...

Yes a bit odd....
I cannot understand why she skipped the gala dinner for her Foundation.

A really busy week for P Albert: receiving an honorary doctorate, closing the Equity week, attending 2 galas and participating in the ski races.

He has really made his mark in numerous areas, I bet his father would have been very proud of him!

A really busy week for P Albert: receiving an honorary doctorate, closing the Equity week, attending 2 galas and participating in the ski races.

He has really made his mark in numerous areas, I bet his father would have been very proud of him!

You are right! Prince Ranier would have been so proud of him. We can't say the same for the Princess Consort, unfortunately.

^^^ previous
I don't agree, noda. P Charlene has made big strides since arriving there as a shy and uncertain Princess. Not only has she grown in confidence and in her role as the Princess Consort, but she is also without a doubt the most stylish and elegant Princess in Europe. She is deeply involved in humanitarian causes across the globe. At the moment she seems to be a full time mother still, something P Albert supports. He has indicated that she will soon become more involved in the affairs of Monaco, when he has more time to guide her in that.

I would like to believe that there was good reason for her absence from the gala. We cannot jump to conclusions when we have no facts to work with. According to reports the gala was a big success with roughly €600 000being raised on the evening. I'm sure P Albert is also very proud of his wife and her efforts.

In presence of Prince Albert the signing ceremony for the Headquarters Agreement between Monaco, France, Italy and the permanent Secretariat of the Pelagos agreement took place yesterday, April 3. The signing of the Headquarters Agreement will provide for the recognition of the legal status of the Pelagos Permanent Secretariat in Monaco. The Pelagos Agreement from 1999 concerns the "creation of a sanctuary to protect marine mammals and their habitat from all types of human induced threats".

** mc: Signature de l'Accord de siège Pelagos à Monaco ** translation **

^^^previous

After the solar plane project, another huge undertaking by P Albert and his Foundation. It seems the entire week in Monaco is dedicated to the Ocean. Apart from the launch of this exciting project posted by Iceflower there are also formal events/discussions and fun events on the beach aimed at families.

Is Princess Charlene on vacation? It's so sad to see Prince Albert always alone in his duties.
Really odd...

Charlene has her own duties; Albert was not present when she attended the charity Miles , event which was her idea and where 18 monegash associations were chose by her, nor at the fala of the Amref , nor at the exchange South Africa Monaco, he was not at the opening of the special olympics world games, and he did not attend the races of these games but they were together at the Laureus awards gala or at the Sainte Devote tournament and they will be together at public events these next days

Charlene is not in holidays, she is training for the riviera water bike challenge in Monaco, this first race of this kind of race will be for the building of a aquatic center in Burkina Faso. on juni 4th;, there will be the awards of the ' rallye Princesse Charlene ' and the procession of vendredi Saint where the couple will be together

Let us please stay on topic of this thread - Prince Albert's current events! Thank you!

On April 12 the association Monaco Disease Power (for children or adults suffering from mental, physical or mental illnesses) received a mini-bus by the Order of Malta Monaco. The new bus was blessed by Monsignor Barsi, Archbishop of Monaco, in presence of Prince Albert.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** fb gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom