Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 31: January 2016 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Albert was at the Monaco Mission Control Center again yesterday, June 20. The Solar Impulse 2 aircraft has set off from New York to cross the Atlantic, one of the toughest stages of its attempt to fly around the globe using solar energy.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

^^^ I have been following this. It will be a major accomplishment if they are able to complete this mission! They are now at a very important stage, attempting to cross the Atlantic. When that is done they will have only a short way to go to Abu Dhabi, thus completing their around the world journey.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

:previous:

It's indeed interesting and fascinating, no wonder Prince Albert wanted to be involved in the project..

On June 19 he attended the final match of the rugby sevens qualification tournaments for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games:

** mc gallery: Tournoi de Rugby à 7 Monaco Sevens : Les images **

On June 15 the Embassy of the Czech Republic organized a promotional event at the Yacht Club of Monaco. Prince Albert was present.

** mc: Accueil d'une délégation tchèque de brasseurs et de représentants du tourisme **

Prince Albert was in Barcelona yesterday, June 24, to watch the Final Top 14 between Toulon and Racing 92 at Camp Nou:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The Princess Royal was also present at the ceremony in Edinburgh today in her capacity as Chancellor of the University.

Does HSH ever sit still :previous: :D

(Edinburgh/Barcelona/ Sainte-Marie-du-Mont)

I doubt it ;)

Yesterday, July 4, Prince Albert attended stage 3 (Granville - Angers) of the Tour de France 2016:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

On July 1 Prince Albert viewed the new Francis Bacon exhibition in Monaco and attended the presentation of the Cartier Trophy. On July 4 he attended the exhibition "Two centuries of Festivals and Traditions in Monaco" and after the laying of the foundation stone for the new quarter "One Monte-Carlo" on July 5 (see above), he also viewed the startup "Terre de Monaco". Here are some pics:

** mc: Vernissage de l'Exposition « Üntra nui e cun vui » - Deux siècles de Fêtes et de Traditions à Monaco **

** pp gallery: Albert de Monaco : Un prince sollicité et sur tous les fronts ! **

I never knew of the family connection to Ernest I, Duke of Saxe-Gotha,very interesting.

Yesterday, July 18, Prince Albert attended the official minute of silence in Nice, while at the same time a minute of silence was held on the Palace Square in Monaco:

** fb gallery: "Minute de Silence" à Nice et Monaco **

In the evening of July 16 the Palace was illuminated in blue, white and red in tribute to the victims of the attack in Nice. This was continued during the French mourning period of three days.

** Pic **

The Solar Impulse 2 landed in Abu Dhabi today, July 26, marking the historic end of the first attempt to fly around the world powered solely by the sun's energy.

Prince Albert was present and today also attended a press conference saying "It is a historic moment for Monaco and for me, because the Principality has the pleasure of housing Solar Impulse's control Centre and my Foundation is a partner of this adventure. We have shared so many hopes and so many joys together throughout this epic journey".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** solarimpulse MEDIA RELEASE **

On July 28 a mass was held in Monaco for French Catholic priest Jacques Hamel who had been killed during a mass in Saint-Etienne du Rouvray by two men pledging allegiance to the Islamic State.

** fb gallery **

Prince Albert is in Rio de Janeiro since some days. On August 1 he attended the opening ceremony of the 129th I.O.C session, yesterday, August 4 he attended the I.O.C President's dinner at the Windsor convention centre:

** gettyimages gallery ** zimbio **

Prince Albert will probably attend the Olympic Games as well, you can post and find photos at our extra thread:

** Royals and the 2016 Rio Olympic & Paralympic Games **

Back from the I.O.C. session and Summer Olympic Games in Rio, Prince Albert watched the UEFA Champions League Qualification play-off round second leg soccer match between AS Monaco and Villarreal CF in Monaco on August 23.
It ended 1:0 for Monaco.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Does P Albert write his own speeches? Because it was very well done and he clearly knows his subject very well. But in delivering his speech, and also later during the informal chat, he seems to fidget a lot, stammer, struggle to find his words, and comes across as rather nervous. Is he known to be unsure in situatons like these? He's also very soft spoken and seems a gentle soul.

Does P Albert write his own speeches? Because it was very well done and he clearly knows his subject very well. But in delivering his speech, and also later during the informal chat, he seems to fidget a lot, stammer, struggle to find his words, and comes across as rather nervous. Is he known to be unsure in situatons like these? He's also very soft spoken and seems a gentle soul.

He's always had a stammer, dating from childhood. It is apparently worse in French - I hadn't particularly noticed that. It's largely under control now but pops up from time to time. All 3 of Grace and Rainier's children are quite softly spoken. Albert is certainly the most reserved.

I agree that Albert II seems a very gentle guy with a good heart, which is why I have always had a soft spot for him. I read somewhere that his stutter in French is a result of him being mildly bullied by Rainier in childhood, who always addressed him in that language as opposed to his mother who spoke to her children in English.

And yes, I have also noticed how soft spoken they all are. Albert and Stephanie speak flawless American accented English. Caroline's is equally flawless but she has what sounds like a mild British accent.

I love all the children of Grace and Rainier, flaws and all. They have always fascinated me.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom