Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 31: January 2016 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Albert viewed the exhibition "A Prince on the Hunt" (UN PRINCE À LA CHASSE: ALBERT 1er DE MONACO (1848-1922)) at the Museum of Hunting and Nature in Paris yesterday, March 30:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

On March 18 Prince Albert attended a charity gala dinner as part of the fourth annual Summit Monaco Private Label (MPL). The dinner was held to benefit the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation.

** Pic ** mc: Monaco Private Label..** translation **

HSH Prince Albert II attends the seventh edition of the event of oceanography, Monaco Blue Initiative, at the Palacio de los Bandeirantes, in Sao Paulo, Brazil on April 4th.

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Albert arrived in Manila, Philippines today, April 6, for a two-day visit:

** Pic **

Prince Albert arrived in Manila, Philippines today, April 6, for a two-day visit:

** Pic **

An official visit to another country is something I would expect him and his wife to be doing together. Why did he bother to get married if he's still going to do these things alone?

An official visit to another country is something I would expect him and his wife to be doing together. Why did he bother to get married if he's still going to do these things alone?

He "needed" a legitimate heir. He didn't really because he had Caroline's family but I think they're not interested in taking on the job (contrary to what some commentators would have one believe).

** Pic **

What's the nature of the visit? Is it a "state" visit or an environmental thing?

He "needed" a legitimate heir. He didn't really because he had Caroline's family but I think they're not interested in taking on the job (contrary to what some commentators would have one believe).

Even if they were (interested), he'd probably prefer that the line go through him, and not through his sister.

Thanks - he's covered a lot of miles in the last few days.

Even if they were (interested), he'd probably prefer that the line go through him, and not through his sister.

Seems so - if it were that important to him I wonder why he waited quite so long to get married.

I was giving a possible reason why he bothered getting married as in many ways (in his "official" role) not a lot seems to have changed since he married.

Maybe it is by mutual consent that they do it this way? I recall P Charlene being present at official visits before the twins were born. Is it possible that they decided P Charlene would stay home with the babies for the first few years? I would also like to see P Charlene by her husband's side, but I think maybe this is a joint decision.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Maybe it is by mutual consent that they do it this way? I recall P Charlene being present at official visits before the twins were born. Is it possible that they decided P Charlene would stay home with the babies for the first few years? I would also like to see P Charlene by her husband's side, but I think maybe this is a joint decision.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

I'm sure it's a mutual decision to arrange their lives this way - I was merely offering a possible reason for Albert having bothered to get married, which was the original question. I'm not saying it's the right answer... just a possibility.

Seems so - if it were that important to him I wonder why he waited quite so long to get married.

Maybe his responsibilities didn't hit him, until after he'd succeeded?
Then suddenly he wanted a direct heir to follow him.

Maybe his responsibilities didn't hit him, until after he'd succeeded?
Then suddenly he wanted a direct heir to follow him.

I'm sure you're right.

However, unless Albert manages to live until he's over 100 his heir isn't going to enjoy the same...

State visits to and from Monaco are quite rare and I believe that last one was an incoming visit from Croatia or Slovenia,the Prince has indeed clocked up some mileage this past week Brazil,Belgium and onto the Philippines!

On Sunday, April 17, Prince Albert attended the French L1 football match between AS Monaco and Olympique de Marseille at the Stadium Saint Louis in Monaco. Monaco has won - as can be seen ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

One thing I admire for sure about Monaco: the monegasque people seem always so enthusiast about ther own footbal team! The always are cheering and supporting their sport! ;-)

Italian honor citizenship for Albert. I'm very proud. Is this the first italian honor citizenship for him?

:previous:

I don't have the best memory ;), there may be more, but what I remember are the honorary citizenship of Paroldo in 2013 (he went there together with Charlene) and the honorary citizenship of Ventimiglia in 2008 :flowers:

:previous:

I don't have the best memory ;), there may be more, but what I remember are the honorary citizenship of Paroldo in 2013 (he went there together with Charlene) and the honorary citizenship of Ventimiglia in 2008 :flowers:

Thanks. I was almost sure this wasn't a first:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom