Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 28 (Sep. 2009 - August 2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glistening Seas

:champagne: The artwork in these pics was quite nice as well as the pics of the fun PA was having!! The ocean-y background with the stallion was particularly fetching at a glance!:thanksgiving:

One more pic
Prince Albert of Monaco having dinner with Jo Champa, Rome, Italy - 14 Oct 2009
Ibl
Don't worry, that was not a romantic date. Jo Champa is happily married to Joseph Farrell.

Prince Albert of Monaco visits the Grand Master of the Knights of Malta Matthew Festing at the order's headquarters in Rome October 15, 2009.
Daylife
Daylife
PPE

Anyone know any more about what the meeting with the Knights of Malta was all about? The photo of Prince Albert holding the insignia makes me wonder. He's not a member is he? I never heard of him being one and he doesn't really fit the "type" I have in my mind for the modern Knights of Malta. It just makes me curious as I've never seen anyone posing with a bauble like that unless they were presenting it to someone or being given it themselves. Might be good for the Prince's ego though. I guess the Knights of Malta are the only "sovereignty" other than the Vatican that Monaco can boast of being bigger than . :lol:
:monacostandard: :monacoflag: :knight:

Anyone know any more about what the meeting with the Knights of Malta was all about? The photo of Prince Albert holding the insignia makes me wonder. He's not a member is he? I never heard of him being one and he doesn't really fit the "type" I have in my mind for the modern Knights of Malta. It just makes me curious as I've never seen anyone posing with a bauble like that unless they were presenting it to someone or being given it themselves. Might be good for the Prince's ego though. I guess the Knights of Malta are the only "sovereignty" other than the Vatican that Monaco can boast of being bigger than . :lol:
:monacostandard: :monacoflag: :knight:
Prince Albert has been a Knight of the Maltese Order since June 1989.

One more pic
Prince Albert of Monaco having dinner with Jo Champa, Rome, Italy - 14 Oct 2009
Ibl
Don't worry, that was not a romantic date. Jo Champa is happily married to Joseph Farrell.

Prince Albert of Monaco visits the Grand Master of the Knights of Malta Matthew Festing at the order's headquarters in Rome October 15, 2009.
Daylife
Daylife
PPE

Prince Albert is very noble here, he has an excellent profile like his mother had.;)
Thank you for posting the photos, Giov!:flowers:

Pics 16.10.2009

A very special visit in Rome today:

Pope Benedict XVI poses with Prince Albert of Monaco during
a meeting at the Vatican October 16, 2009 - Interesting and
modern gift Albert has presented to the Pope..

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

** gettyimages **

Last edited:
Interesting gift, indeed :D but it seems like a nice piece of art for decoration.
Thanks for the pics :flowers:

Iceflower, your photos of PA are amazing, I like the fourth photo, where PA is going to kiss Pope's hand, smiling. It gives lots of positive emotions.:)

I read in other forum that the gift is a representation of Saint Devote. Is that true?

Glistening Seas

:hellokitty: Ah-h-h so glad someone clarified what the gift w-a-s so we too could know hee! Pics turned out great. the artwork on the walls are phenominal, very pretty! :harvest:

Pics 16.10.2009

Yes, I think you are right about that, Nathalie Cox :)

Yesterday the annual "Oktoberfest" started in Monaco.
Prince Albert attended the opening, October 16, 2009
- what a difference there is between the two events
yesterday..;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

I think this chocolate jacket fit PA perfectly!:)
He looks like a true German, thanks to his mother, he has the german roots.;)
Thank you, Dear Iceflower!:flowers:

"what a difference there is between the two events
yesterday.." I know!!! :lol:
Great pics. I guess anyone deserves a some beer from time to time ;)

:harvest: Although all the pics look super you were right about the choc-latte jacket it looks mah-velous on PA in pic 2. The oktoberfest is a delightful time of year!
The season suts PA! Boys really enjoy their beer don't they!:candycane:

The Sovereign Prince seems to be on the move alot and keeps a busy schedule. Perhaps the Holy Father gave him some tips on how to celebrate Oktoberfest the proper German way? ;)

:monacostandard: :monacoflag: :vaticanflag: :cheers:

The Sovereign Prince seems to be on the move alot and keeps a busy schedule. Perhaps the Holy Father gave him some tips on how to celebrate Oktoberfest the proper German way? ;)

:monacostandard: :monacoflag: :vaticanflag: :cheers:

:D Although Pope Benedikt comes from Bavaria, the cradle of the
Oktoberfest, and got 80 bottles of beer on his 80th birthday, it is said
that he doesn't like beer that much, but a mixture with lemonade and
beer ;) Nevertheless I'm quite sure that Albert told him about the start
of the celebration that same day..:)

Has anyone spotted PA at the Munich Oktoberfest yet?
He seems to turn up every year to visit a friend of his who owns a pub.

Glistening Seas

:cheers: lemon-ade & beer:eek: that 'must' be an 'interesting' flavour?! however, love PA'S fun tie it's something he shares with Ranier that sense of understated fun he brings to an outing!!w-o-w that's a lotta beer:champagne:

:cheers: lemon-ade & beer:eek: that 'must' be an 'interesting' flavour?! however, love PA'S fun tie it's something he shares with Ranier that sense of understated fun he brings to an outing!!w-o-w that's a lotta beer:champagne:

I wonder if it is really 'limo' and beer. In Germany that is called a Radler. 'Limo' is really more like a Sprite or 7-Up soft drink/soda. We visit Germany each year (have family in Germany) and many drink this 'spritzer'.

Glistening Seas

:lol: Ah-h-h-h it's easy to understand the 'sprite' & spritzy thing to do with beer! Oktoberfests here along with the beer the emphasis is always on the fruit harvests and more or less a celebration of autumn!!

Has anyone spotted PA at the Munich Oktoberfest yet?
He seems to turn up every year to visit a friend of his who owns a pub.

The Oktoberfest already ended on October 4th, I didn't see any pics
of Albert attending, but read he did, so it's not sure whether he was
there this year or not..

MBGGfvB, I've actually meant the Radler which is made with Lemonade,
but did not call it such, as the name isn't much known outside Germany ;)

Albert is in the USA since yesterday!

Ban Ki-moon, Secretary General of United Nations meets with Prince Albert
of Monaco at United Nations headquarters in New York, Oct. 19, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Tomorrow Albert will attend the Princess Grace Awards 2009,
also in New York, pics and information can be found here:

** Princess Grace Awards 2009 **

The photos are great!:previous:
PA is so happy, is ready to sigh the book and do it with a smile.:lol:
I think he is the smilest member of Grimaldi Family!:flowers:

Here is a picture of the Prince while he was in Washington D.C. I have the permission of the photographer to post it here. Thanks to Tony Powell.
7829_157746853787_688138787_2616938_960371_n.jpg

Glistening Seas

:champagne: while the pics is beautiful the most captivating pics are always with that mischevious smile of his!:cheers:

Prince Albert II to speak at ‘Bright Green Future’ event

The Bright Green Future Conference is the place for San Diegans to meet leading experts in green issues: jobs and job training, energy, climate change, green building, local food and the latest in greywater,” Chase said. “There’s truly something for everyone and it’s really exciting that we’re able to present the Saturday programs for free on the International Day of Climate Action.”
Guest speakers include Prince Albert II of Monaco, who will receive the Scripps Institute of Oceanography’s Roger Revelle Prize on Friday evening for his foundation’s efforts to protect the marine environment. The prince will address evolving approaches to global climate change at the 5 p.m. ceremony and lecture, which will be followed by a special reception and dinner at 6 p.m.

Is this the first time Charlene has gone along with Albert on a visit to the States? It's always nice to see the 'extended members of the family' come visit us on this side of the pond. Albert and Charlene both looked great at the awards ceremony. I have also noticed that Albert seems to make the most of his visits, getting alot done while he's around. Maybe it's the environmentalist in him. :flowers:
:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

Is this the first time Charlene has gone along with Albert on a visit to the States? It's always nice to see the 'extended members of the family' come visit us on this side of the pond. Albert and Charlene both looked great at the awards ceremony. I have also noticed that Albert seems to make the most of his visits, getting alot done while he's around. Maybe it's the environmentalist in him. :flowers:
:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

Just a thought of where he'll be Thursday (Cartier honors Princess Grace in Los Angeles) and Friday (San Diego). Doesn't Jazmin Grace live near San Diego? Perhaps a visit to his daughter is included?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom