Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 32: May 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
320px-Personal_standard_of_Prince_Alberto_II_of_Monaco.svg.png

Welcome to Part 32 of the thread for the Current Events of Prince Albert!

The old thread can be found here:

** Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 31: January 2016 - May 2018 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Albert is on a two-day visit to Canada. On his first day today, May 7, he met with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in Ottawa:

** belga gallery **

Today on the Hill, I welcomed Prince Albert II to Ottawa for a meeting focused on how Canada & Monaco can work together as partners on international development and protecting the world’s oceans & our environment.

Via Justin Trudeau Twitter

Pic

Today on the Hill, I welcomed Prince Albert II to Ottawa for a meeting focused on how Canada & Monaco can work together as partners on international development and protecting the world’s oceans & our environment.

Via Justin Trudeau Twitter

Pic

Albert looks really old in that picture.

The Prince on another solo visit and his consort no where to be seen?

Prince Albert received the honorary degree Doctor of Humane Letters at the Jefferson University in Philadelphia today, May 9:

** gettyimages gallery **

The Prince on another solo visit and his consort no where to be seen?

Well Canada isn't in Africa is it? It's very clear that Africa is all she is interested in and I am no longer surprised when PA goes on these other trips alone.

Last edited:
the consort is princess Charlene

You don't know why P Charlene is not travelling with P Albert, perhaps it is the palace who judge that the presence of the princess isnot useful because the visit is too short. the prime minister invited only P Albert to meet him, he did not notice P Charlene in the announce.
Albert is always flying from a country to another without stop by Monaco
This week end he attended a gala in Brussel lastsaturday, rhen he flied to Athenes to support the as monaco Basket for the final and he went directly to Canada where he attended a meeting for the envitonment, he visited Mr Trudeau, he received the diploma and took the plane for perhaps an another country; only 2 days of visit in Canada, , rhere were nothing for Charlene in this very short visit which was not a state visit.
The monegash peiple are all saying that Albert is travelling to much, he is not often in Monaco and all are saying that Charlene is very patient to stay with the twins in Monacoand hopefully she is not following Albert because the children would be very often alone.
Oppose Africa to Canada is very bad and not nice for this continent which is very poor, Charleneis interestd by also other countries, her foundation is helping everywhere in the world to help the people in need, Asia, India, Africa, Europa, America and Canadahttps://www.facebook.com/pg/Fondation-Princesse-Charl%C3%A8ne-de-Monaco-2488418151went in India, in USA where she opened last year a new office of her foundation in94735/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1501075796637991

Charlene went in Infdia, in Africa in USaA where she opened the new office in Los Angeles where her foundation is helping schools where there are poor pupils, she travelled to Honolulu for her foundation and she met the governer of this state

I had not the pleasure to read some comments here during this times
P Harry and p Sofia of Sweden are very often in Africa to help the poor countries , I admire a lot rheir job but they never get so bad comments as rhe one Charlene received here.

I think you're overreacting Melina, P.Charlene doesn't get many *bad* comments here at all; these Monaco threads almost never have to be closed and cleaned up like other threads on these forums.

It's great that the Monegask people like P.Charlene for not making many appearances and (presumably, although ofcourse we don't know what we don't see) staying at home with the kids

But there are many people on these forums who like seeing P.Charlene and would love to see more of her, so if once in a while someone is a bit disappointed because they haven't seen any recent news (recent as in "the last weeks", not last year), surely they are allowed to express that opinion?

I myself would love to see her a bit more out and about, but i think indeed that this is how P.Albert and P.Charlene and the rest of the Monaco RF have divided the various official tasks, and i have to settle for not seeing her a lot (too bad they didn't consider my feelings when dividing the workload :lol: ), fortunately i also love seeing f.i. P.Caroline and P.Stephanie and they are in the news much more often, so i'm fine with that.

And P.Albert's energy is unsurpassed in the royal world imo, with a husband with that much energy, P.Charlene's efforts are probably not really needed that much, which is good as it leaves her time for her own interests (i'm sure a lot of royals are envious of her)

Here's a a report about Prince Albert's visit to Canada:

Last edited:
Nice sized crowds out to welcome the Prince in Parma ,would be nice to see Charlene accompany him on one of these trips.

He has his job (prince) and she has hers (mother).

He has his job (prince) and she has hers (mother).

I think they have several nannies employed, so i'm sure she could fit in accompanying him on some trips.

But i've said it before: it is unfortunate for those of us who'd like to see her more, but this seems to be the way they have divided the royal jobs:mostle by P.Albert and to lesser extent P.Caroline and P.Stephanie, the Casiraghi children and P.Charlene focus on their own causes

On May 10, during his journey to the USA, Prince Albert made a stopover in Bermuda to give a speech at the Ocean Risk Summit:

** Pic **

The Rotary Club de Monaco organized a gala celebrating the 20 years of the Pelagos Agreement in Monaco on May 18. Prince Albert was present:

** fb gallery **

Here are two more videos of Prince Albert's visit to Italy last week:

Surprised to see he didn't speak (or read his speech in) Italian.

On June 7 Prince Albert attended the Cluster Yachting Monaco event in Monaco:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom