Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Current Events 2 : Oct.2007 - Jan.2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Welcome to the thread to discuss the Current Events, Part II of Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock. Part One can be found here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ttstock-current-events-part-1-a-13185-11.html .

Please remember the following:
  • Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
  • Remember to be respectful. Everyone has the right to express their views, but that needs to be done in a civil way.
  • The purpose of the thread is to discuss events that are attended by both Albert and Charlene. Any posts that don't adhere to this policy will be deleted.
And please have a look at the TRF Posting Rules and FAQs, and the Photo Posting Rules.

Happy Posting!
progress.gif

From part I:
LadyS said:
I just had a query about the article in Le Monde regarding Charlene's comment to the French prime minister - who heard her make this comment and was the writer of the article in the box with all the dignitaries?

I am certainly not disputing the article in Le Monde although I don't speak french and Google's translator isn't brilliant so I don't always get a great translation.

Don't take this as support for Charlene as I am reserving my judgement of her and don't have an opinion on her either way.
I was wondering about that too. It must have been someone who was reasonably close by seeing that he/she overheard them talking. As I don't see Sarkozy or Fillon blabbing to the press (unless they want to do damage to Albert) so being me, I have been considering if it was the happy couple themselves that leaked it to the press (via a detour). Maybe to explain Charlene's sudden absence, or as a vague reason for the end of the relationship. I'm not happy with those rather feeble explanations, as I found Charlene's chatty interviews much worse so I have a hard time believing that a smart remark would get her sacked while an interview stacked with sly hints and so on wouldn't. :unsure: But of course we'll never know the answer to this one either. :verysad: Another one to add to the encyclopedic-sized list.

BTW, why your disclaimer about Charlene? And seeing that you come from SA, could you tell us/me how is she perceived there? A nobody, a national hero, .......

I put the disclaimer in just because I don't want everyone automatically assuming that just because I am from South Africa (and Benoni) that I wholeheartedly support Charlene. I think everyone deserves a chance and if Albert wants to marry her he will.

Of course that doesn't stop me being slightly embarrassed by some of her actions or appearances I suppose because I would hate for Charlene's actions to be the standard by which all South Africans are measured.

As for how she is seen in South Africa well occasionally one of the local magazines will print a story about her but usually only when there has been an event in Monaco that she has attended.

But you can tell by Prime Minister that he was happy with Charlene. LadyS how come she doesn't get lots of press in SA.

On another forum someone spotted the back of Charlene at the London Embassy opening. It was on the Getty pics site if anyone can find it. So the question is why did he invite Tasha to the religious service and have the press print about them and now hide Charlene from the press or not have them release photos of them from the London or perhaps even Washington visit?? How odd is that. We do like him without her as it does make him look more serious about his job but if she is still at the event what's the point? He might as well be photographed with her. JMO

On another forum someone spotted the back of Charlene at the London Embassy opening. It was on the Getty pics site if anyone can find it. So the question is why did he invite Tasha to the religious service and have the press print about them and now hide Charlene from the press or not have them release photos of them from the London or perhaps even Washington visit?? How odd is that. We do like him without her as it does make him look more serious about his job but if she is still at the event what's the point? He might as well be photographed with her. JMO
she isn't Charlene, the woman has hair logner than Charlene who cut her hair for The blue action.
lckc571

But you can tell by Prime Minister that he was happy with Charlene. LadyS how come she doesn't get lots of press in SA.

I guess in SA we don't have a big celebrity culture. We have our own celebrities but in general they aren't followed around and watched and photographed shopping or walking or eating out etc. They appear on TV or there are articles in magazines and if they attend events they will be in the papers but there is no real paparazzi or tabloid type news.

Also SA isn't big on European news so I doubt many people even know that most European countries have royal families. I suppose if Charlene did marry Albert she would make the news more often.

she isn't Charlene, the woman has hair logner than Charlene who cut her hair for The blue action.
lckc571

There was an article written about her being present.

There was an article written about her being present.

Do you mean these articles? Cherie and Tony go to the country | the Daily Mail

and this one

Prince Albert's congestion plans - Royal Watch

I think the syntax of the first article is somewhat contradicted by the second one. From the way I read the 2nd article, CW is mentioned as being the current girlfriend, no mention that she was in London.

The Daily Mail, article, is somewhat vague in that it could either say she was with him in London or joins PA in his environmental concerns.

Do you mean these articles? Cherie and Tony go to the country | the Daily Mail

and this one

Prince Albert's congestion plans - Royal Watch

I think the syntax of the first article is somewhat contradicted by the second one. From the way I read the 2nd article, CW is mentioned as being the current girlfriend, no mention that she was in London.

The Daily Mail, article, is somewhat vague in that it could either say she was with him in London or joins PA in his environmental concerns.

Thanks!! Yes that is one I saw and you are correct it's wording is suspect and deliberately tabloid vague. I appreciate your finding it for us!!

lckc571
I don't think it's her, it's Mrs Stalh.
Charlene was perhaps around him ...hidden I can't remember when he took her in his luggages for a "political event" so I beleive she wasn't in the crowd, she was waiting... she has nothing else to do IMO.

I don't think it's her, it's Mrs Stalh.
Charlene was perhaps around him ...hidden I can't remember when he took her in his luggages for a "political event" so I beleive she wasn't in the crowd, she was waiting... she has nothing else to do IMO.

I thought she was supposed to be in training for the Olympics. Oh geez I forgot, that's the old line.

Well, maybe she just threw a tantrum and went home :flowers:

Last edited:
No, she still there but she wasn't at the meeting that Albert had.

With that hair Charlene looks good than with longer hair...good for her

Last edited by a moderator:
They are together again at Rubgy match between South Africa and Fiji. It funny because Charlene is wearing her color for SA. When she was in Monaco she wore Monaco colors.

I put the disclaimer in just because I don't want everyone automatically assuming that just because I am from South Africa (and Benoni) that I wholeheartedly support Charlene. I think everyone deserves a chance and if Albert wants to marry her he will.

Of course that doesn't stop me being slightly embarrassed by some of her actions or appearances I suppose because I would hate for Charlene's actions to be the standard by which all South Africans are measured.

As for how she is seen in South Africa well occasionally one of the local magazines will print a story about her but usually only when there has been an event in Monaco that she has attended.

LadyS,

You needn't worry, I have some very good friends that are South African, They are a complete 180 from the image that Charlene gives. They are more critical than even I am, because they feel the same as you, that they wouldn't want this girl to be their representative in any way, which I have a feeling may be the worry of some people of Monaco? But as an American, we have been suffering this problem forever: Paris Hilton? Britney Spears? :lol:(just a few examples)

Yes, it's the South African colours (rugby at least although cricket and football colours are similar)

Stellad

I knew she was not going far - she went just far enough to learn how to act at a rugby match.

Albert (his people) thought enough this time to put her at an event where she can be free to whoop and holler and scream and shout as much as she want. Since her home country is playing, her behavior would be less offensive probably and no one would expect her to adhere to any basic protocol -- still it is a reflection on CW and Albert only, as usual.

Good for her then. All they needs to do is keep finding the right crayons for her that way she'll be able to color inside the lines and it all works out pretty well for everyone!:flowers:

Last edited:
I knew she was not going far - she went just far enough to learn how to act at a rugby match.

Albert (his people) thought enough this time to put her at an event where she can be free to whoop and holler and scream and shout as much as she want. Since her home country is playing, her behavior would be less offensive probably and no one would expect her to adhere to any basic protocol -- still it is a reflection on CW and Albert only, as usual.

Good for her then. All they needs to do is keep finding the right crayons for her that way she'll be able to color inside the lines and it all works out pretty well for everyone!:flowers:

LOL I love your comments Lillia!! Here I thought is was because they read us here on the royal forums and then adjust her schedule as we dictate!! Correcting her mistakes as we see them. Charlene can't seem to play inside the lines. That must be what Albert likes which is why she is at another rugby match. He has to prove to us how wrong we are. Note that in the photos we even see her being introduced to people so that we know she really does know how to behave. Silly us for thinking she didn't!!

i will not be shock if these two get married,since joachim got engaged, albert is next i wish he find someone else but he is still with charlene,and she is not going anywere she have found her home in monaco,she will make sure it stay that way.

i will not be shock if these two get married,since joachim got engaged, albert is next i wish he find someone else but he is still with charlene,and she is not going anywere she have found her home in monaco,she will make sure it stay that way.

:angel:Prince Albert should never settle for second best...:angel:

More pics from the weekend: Albert and Charlene are welcomed by
the mayor of Marseille Jean Claude Gaudin to watch the rugby match
Fidji - South Africa at the Velodrome Stadium:

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

More pics from the weekend: Albert and Charlene are welcomed by
the mayor of Marseille Jean Claude Gaudin to watch the rugby match
Fidji - South Africa at the Velodrome Stadium:

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Thanks for sharing once again!

Hmmm...why so coy all of a sudden, the head turned down a bit, sunglasses...

I don't know, somehow I think that Prince Albert may have just missed his turn, or gotten into the wrong line or something. I will be surprised if he ever marries.

i will not be shock if these two get married,since joachim got engaged, albert is next i wish he find someone else but he is still with charlene,and she is not going anywere she have found her home in monaco,she will make sure it stay that way.[/quote

I don't know, somehow I think that Prince Albert may have just missed his turn, or gotten into the wrong line or something. I will be surprised if he ever marries.

As to me, I think I will not be surprised in any case... neither at his wedding with Charlene nor at his oath to eternal bachelorhood... this way or another, everything leads to an ooze...A possibility to Albert' unexpected meeting and wedding with real Ms. Right is equal almost zero. So that to impress the world with His choice the new Princess should be smarter and brighter than all other new Princesses taken together. The less country requires the more sensations...

LOL I love your comments Lillia!! Here I thought is was because they read us here on the royal forums and then adjust her schedule as we dictate!! Correcting her mistakes as we see them. Charlene can't seem to play inside the lines. That must be what Albert likes which is why she is at another rugby match. He has to prove to us how wrong we are. Note that in the photos we even see her being introduced to people so that we know she really does know how to behave. Silly us for thinking she didn't!!

See? Albert (his people) probably sent her to stand in the corner with her face to the wall because of her misbehaving. They probably gave her a stern talking to: "No more photo ops for you missy until you learn how to behave! We have lots of beautiful girls ready and willing to replace you at a moment's notice if you get too far ahead of yourself and continue to act like you don't have good sense! You better remember your place or you'll be outta here so fast your head will be the only thing that's still swimming on you!" (I will imitate now the sound of a whip: whaaapiiisssshhhh)

So now there's nice photo of a turn-around, CW looking all solemn and acting quiet with her head bowed down. Not bold like before. And we re-wind everything like the other incident never happened because there's a bunch of new pictures. She will probably never dare to argue with Albert in public again either, much less tell off any other dignitary under threat of being sent home and having leave the nice pretty wardrobe hanging in the closet.

Who's to say they're probably not tolerating any more woman embarrassing Albert in public any more after the NC situation :):angel:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom