Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thank you i was looking for that even he said they talk on the phone befor.
Yes, he did right in the press along with her family talking to them all the time. I don't understand it myself that Albert has stayed with her all this time because he's always claimed his private life is his private life and doesn't like to talk about it but she is allowed to. Due to protocol she isn't supposed to be talking to the press so your guess is as good as mine as to why she being allowed to get away with it since day one in 2001 then it beginning again in Turin when she said it was a great place for lovers. You wouldn't catch me saying that to the press. I've seen it in a press that she says she can't talk about her relationship to them but that's proof she does. Her trainer also did some talking.

I like Pr Albert but by heaven I wish he woukld make a decision one way or another, marry Charlene or send her packing. There is no way Charlene will leave on her own, she will hang in there and milk the situation for all she's worth until he makes a decision. His sisters won't put any pressure on him because they don't have rosy pasts either. I cannot believe that a Sovreign Head of a Principality can have such loose morals. Stringing women along, having children out of wedlock, boggles my mind. Andy, Andy, come on make a decision be a man!

Stellad

I had the link saved on my pc I'll look for it unless some beats me to it I know I did a translation of the article as I do with any I post that aren't in English. I think it was on the old thread. It was during some ski event then they went bob sledding if I remember correctly.

My meeting with Charlene

LMAO..oh my!! Thank you LadyM! This reporter just sounds smitten, going into raptures about Ms Wittock's "strong handshake" versus that of Letizia of Spain. And CW gushed that it was "nice to meet him in person" so either she has been chatty with him or she is following his articles about her in Bunte. Can she read German??

I am going to go on record right here and now...IF CW becomes Princess she will want this guy and all the other journalistic hacks out of her life pronto! Remember Diana Spencer and how she charmed the Press before her marriage so that they nearly bullied Prince Charles into marrying her? Then after the wedding they "made my life REAL HELL" until she wanted to manipulate them again.This all feels like deja vu somehow. We'll see!!

I like Pr Albert but by heaven I wish he woukld make a decision one way or another, marry Charlene or send her packing. There is no way Charlene will leave on her own, she will hang in there and milk the situation for all she's worth until he makes a decision. His sisters won't put any pressure on him because they don't have rosy pasts either. I cannot believe that a Sovreign Head of a Principality can have such loose morals. Stringing women along, having children out of wedlock, boggles my mind. Andy, Andy, come on make a decision be a man!

Stellad

I think we just have to accept that PA has no qualms (maybe not regrets) about how he leads or has led his lovelife. There must have been other personalities similar. Up until the wedding bells chime he has treated them equally.

What I think is most admirable is that he recently made a rather proud-sounding statement that he has children. Of course he also said he was just having fun at the present.Who knows? According to developmental experts t children is the epitome of adulthood. A culmination of our existentialism.Some of us downplay the children in search of hypeing a relationship. It all remains to be seen.

"That he was just having fun at present" He is 50 Please !

Odds

What if the odds are so against CW in a way, that resorting to the media is the only leverage she has facing a man who gives her no clear signals? :ermm: She has no family in Monaco, no friends of any influence who can call PA to task on this. Unlike Diana, she is not remotely in that sphere of influence. Who does CW really have, on her side?

What if the odds are so against CW in a way, that resorting to the media is the only leverage she has facing a man who gives her no clear signals? :ermm: She has no family in Monaco, no friends of any influence who can call PA to task on this. Unlike Diana, she is not remotely in that sphere of influence. Who does CW really have, on her side?

She should not have put herself in the position she has by basically moving in with him. She has no job and thus really is at his beck and call. If I were her I would have left for SA. If he loves her he will do what Prince Harry did and go after her. If he doesn't then she knows where she stands. Most women at this point either agree to the relationship the way it is or they leave. As for PA even his own advisers and friends have not been able to influence him over the years. She has spoken to the press from the very first date and then at Turin, and it has continued through out this relationship. Really when you look at it she is her own worst enemy in that sense. Trying to make Albert look like a cad doesn't seem to have worked either. Let's face it, if she had never spoken to the press, we would only be discussing her hair, make up and clothes because the magazines would have nothing else to write on from "leaks" either. JMO

Last edited:
Hi everyone, someone mentioned that if Prince Albert was really in love with Charlene and his protocol was not as stringent he might have been married to her now and Rainier would have met his Grand children by Albert. She also mentioned that Albert would not have met Nicole and I guess end up with Alex. Just for information Albert was currently dating Nicole when he met Charlene. I think that Alexander is one of the best things that he has ever done in his life. He needs to be a mature man and raise Alex properly and find himself a suitable wife, and stop looking like a joke who happens to be a Head of State.

What I think is most admirable is that he recently made a rather proud-sounding statement that he has children. Of course he also said he was just having fun at the present.Who knows? According to developmental experts t children is the epitome of adulthood. A culmination of our existentialism.Some of us downplay the children in search of hypeing a relationship. It all remains to be seen.

Do you refer to that interview that Albert gave a few weeks ago in Germany, while he was skiing. Journalist asked some questions about prince's life. Then, this journalist asked him something like:"with all the respect but 50 y.o bachelor after wife and children" and PA answered:"I'm father already; it was'nt the way I wanted, but yes I'll be father again". I doesn't sound for me like a proud father rather regreting something and hoping to have more kinds, probably the way he wants. Oh and nosy reporter asked in next quesion something like:""will be charlene a mother of those children?" and Albert:"stop; I will not talk anymore"
Any remark Albert makes about Charlene makes reporters more and more curious about this weird relationship.

Last edited:
What relationship he don't have one with Charlene she just a woman who go with Albert when he need her. It funny about the fact he wanted a another child but didn't say anything about marry. I don't think he regrets having kids out of wedlock it how they came out.

It is not a weird relationship... why "weird" ? He is not obliged to say openly what he thinks

She has said she wants to have children? When? Where?
And it does not take a map to look friendly to children from time to time. And there is no real broken protocol if she is friendly with them at events. Yet, I don't think I have seen a photo of her even smiling at one or bending down to say hello to one all this time? Nothing like Princess Grace was. Does anyone have any articles which show where the HEART of this women is?
ANYTHING?

Thank you!

I checked that Bunte translation. She is called "fiancee" in Bunte often?

Looking at the pictures. It is said that people try and marry people who mirror them in appearance. They have very similar facial features. It's like recognizing one's self, I guess? Their lips, chin, nose, eyes ...

:eek:

Do you refer to that interview that Albert gave a few weeks ago in Germany, while he was skiing. Journalist asked some questions about prince's life. Then, this journalist asked him something like:"with all the respect but 50 y.o bachelor after wife and children" and PA answered:"I'm father already; it was'nt the way I wanted, but yes I'll be father again". I doesn't sound for me like a proud father rather regreting something and hoping to have more kinds, probably the way he wants. Oh and nosy reporter asked in next quesion something like:""will be charlene a mother of those children?" and Albert:"stop; I will not talk anymore"
Any remark Albert makes about Charlene makes reporters more and more curious about this weird relationship.

Yeah, you got a very good point. And thats exactly how I took it to be at first. (But then here we are as per usual, caught up in his reluctance and double talk about letting people as well as his women feel sure ab out his thoughts)

Perhaps its my long journey since May 2005 of hoping. Seeing how that whole year the denials, blames, the "private" legal paper, sounding like he would never consider seeing Alex--that he is rumored to be seeing him. A certain grapevine.

And in that comment in Germany, he definitely is saying that he does not prefer the out of wedlock situation (like who forced him) and plans to have an heir to his throne.

But I guess the difference I saw was that he was not hedging,hemming and hawing, "blame those women,etc :lol:" but said I do have children.

Well, I guess if they are happy right now. This is life and they are living it.
I am happy for anyone who does that.

Bliss

There's nothing like that perfect state.

How it will change the public perception of Monaco as a lightweight nation, get PA and his policies to be taken seriously, deter the slippery slope back into that "place in the sun for shady people" where a certain laissez-faire (et prenez mon throne tant qu'a y etre) reigns supreme is simply... irrelevent! Because they are happy, oblivious and taking the high road... to where? :confused:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozange
.. PA must definitely have a blindspot for his women's fashion statements, let alone his girlfriend's many other statements in the media. Why does he set such a low bar for the Principality's image? Is it self-sabotage? :ermm:

I know a couple with about the same age difference. He is VERY wealthy and successful and high profile. She was just someone around town. A nice woman, someone he found very pretty and bright! She has her flaws, but he really doesn't see/focus on any of them.

Money is no issue with him either. He would rather spend ALL his money on her than be alone without her. He would rather have her babbling to people about their private life (I am surprised how much personal detail she shares and with whom and how liberally!!?) than be without her. And she usually ends up fighting by herself because his nature is SO sweet that he just sits and listens while she vents. He loves being with her and being seen with her and having her around during his lows and highs. They have been married for over ten years now, he is 68 and she is 48, and seem very happy together. He has made most of the compromises, but he never saw them that way. He just really loves her and wants her to be happy and accepts her the way she is. He also did not want to be alone or "looking".

Maybe PA really just loves Charlene? This would not be a fatal flaw. But his heart's desire? And maybe he loves how he feels with her around and how he feels his immediate colleagues and family respond to her. She seems a LOT better than some of the people he has brought home and less into her career, so less for her to lose should they marry. She has little limelight of her own and no real past to discuss.
:unsure:

I am thinking, like the rest of us, he might not always have made the best decisions, but I think he really is following his heart and head with this girl. She is still around and he seems to REALLY be taking care of her. This has to mean something. Whether for the short term or long term. I would like to give PA credit for being true to himself. And he waited until both his parents were gone to at least have this chance.

And his father married an actress, the granddaughter of a potato farmer. Still Monaco rose upwards! Maybe Albert is not so different from his father? Into simple women who can help what he foresees for his country? I am not sure any of us really know what his vision is? And maybe she really fits into it so much so that he went and reconnected with her after his father died?

Deja vu

I think I replied to this in pointing out that it points to a relationship of convenience though PA is neither too old to really stop believeing in true love. Though I worship PG like everyone else, though it may have worked for this generation, it might be a good idea to take a break from intermarriage with non-royals, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozange
.. PA must definitely have a blindspot for his women's fashion statements, let alone his girlfriend's many other statements in the media. Why does he set such a low bar for the Principality's image? Is it self-sabotage? :ermm:

I know a couple with about the same age difference. He is VERY wealthy and successful and high profile. She was just someone around town. A nice woman, someone he found very pretty and bright! She has her flaws, but he really doesn't see/focus on any of them.

Money is no issue with him either. He would rather spend ALL his money on her than be alone without her. He would rather have her babbling to people about their private life (I am surprised how much personal detail she shares and with whom and how liberally!!?) than be without her. And she usually ends up fighting by herself because his nature is SO sweet that he just sits and listens while she vents. He loves being with her and being seen with her and having her around during his lows and highs. They have been married for over ten years now, he is 68 and she is 48, and seem very happy together. He has made most of the compromises, but he never saw them that way. He just really loves her and wants her to be happy and accepts her the way she is. He also did not want to be alone or "looking".

Maybe PA really just loves Charlene? This would not be a fatal flaw. But his heart's desire? And maybe he loves how he feels with her around and how he feels his immediate colleagues and family respond to her. She seems a LOT better than some of the people he has brought home and less into her career, so less for her to lose should they marry. She has little limelight of her own and no real past to discuss.
:unsure:

I am thinking, like the rest of us, he might not always have made the best decisions, but I think he really is following his heart and head with this girl. She is still around and he seems to REALLY be taking care of her. This has to mean something. Whether for the short term or long term. I would like to give PA credit for being true to himself. And he waited until both his parents were gone to at least have this chance.

And his father married an actress, the granddaughter of a potato farmer. Still Monaco rose upwards! Maybe Albert is not so different from his father? Into simple women who can help what he foresees for his country? I am not sure any of us really know what his vision is? And maybe she really fits into it so much so that he went and reconnected with her after his father died?

Lozange, I see your point. But then who would he marry? Is there someone who is single who would make a good partner? Did PG ever suggest anyone for him while she was alive? I know she did with Caroline.

R.

Matchmaking

It is a mark of some degree of laziness when a man falls back on women rather than seek one that suits him. At least that's the impression he gives. I don't imagine him having to have given great chase for any mother of his children or for Charlene either. I'm not sure what PG might have suggested but there are no shortage of female royals. If he is as much an idealist as he would have us believe, his choice of mate contradicts that.

Lozange, I see your point. But then who would he marry? Is there someone who is single who would make a good partner? Did PG ever suggest anyone for him while she was alive? I know she did with Caroline.

R.

He seems very happy, but I guess I still see him with someone completely different and much more educated to be happy. Has she tried taking any classes at all at IUM? Something to open her mind a bit? It cannot all be about dresses and attending functions?

I'm not even sure it's about dresses; she doesn't pass with high marks there (minus the Rose Ball granted). Attending events, maybe. She's very young and this is about as good as it ever could get according to her circumstances. I've heard here about some tutoring in French but have never heard her express herself in French.
And what if this is precisely what PA likes, by contrast? Judging by comments (since removed) of locals who have found him immature for his years - what if she is his in-your-face non-conforming gesture to the world, the part of him that resists his destiny? Just a thought. So, from here, what would he like and would he really know if he's still in an immature reacting sort of state?

He seems very happy, but I guess I still see him with someone completely different and much more educated to be happy. Has she tried taking any classes at all at IUM? Something to open her mind a bit? It cannot all be about dresses and attending functions?

Am I allowed to ask others all these questions here???

I'm not even sure it's about dresses; she doesn't pass with high marks there (minus the Rose Ball granted). Attending events, maybe. She's very young and this is about as good as it ever could get according to her circumstances. I've heard here about some tutoring in French but have never heard her express herself in French.
And what if this is precisely what PA likes, by contrast? Judging by comments (since removed) of locals who have found him immature for his years - what if she is his in-your-face non-conforming gesture to the world, the part of him that resists his destiny? Just a thought. So, from here, what would he like and would he really know if he's still in an immature reacting sort of state?

Who knows anymore?

If the grandfather took up with a laundry woman outside of marriage and none of the "upper class" marriages worked out in their family history, and the daughter of a bricklayer was the one that worked out best, maybe this IS his destiny he is following? I don't think he is wanting a divorce when he gets married.

I certainly think he is having fun with a pretty, young girl. If she's really all that "good", my question would be: what did Prince Rainier not like about her? Why did PA stop dating her back then? Does anyone know? PR could not have been too much of a snob considering he married an actress himself? Surely a pretty young Olympian athlete would have been good enough to have his grandchildren? Who was his ideal for his son? Maybe it was NEVER Rainier who disapproved of PA's choices, but PA himself? Were his dates SO disapproved of that his father would have ever actually disowned him? CW has morphed from a drinking smoking bad hair day into a swan of sorts. Love and money can do this for a woman. I don't know that PA's ever dated really intelligent, educated women? Maybe he has self-esteem issues? And maybe CW's saving her French for more formal court?:eek:

What do you think?:ermm:

Who knows anymore?

If the grandfather took up with a laundry woman outside of marriage and none of the "upper class" marriages worked out in their family history, and the daughter of a bricklayer was the one that worked out best, maybe this IS his destiny he is following? I don't think he is wanting a divorce when he gets married.

I certainly think he is having fun with a pretty, young girl. If she's really all that "good", my question would be: what did Prince Rainier not like about her? Why did PA stop dating her back then? Does anyone know? PR could not have been too much of a snob considering he married an actress himself? Surely a pretty young Olympian athlete would have been good enough to have his grandchildren? Who was his ideal for his son? Maybe it was NEVER Rainier who disapproved of PA's choices, but PA himself? Were his dates SO disapproved of that his father would have ever actually disowned him? CW has morphed from a drinking smoking bad hair day into a swan of sorts. Love and money can do this for a woman. I don't know that PA's ever dated really intelligent, educated women? Maybe he has self-esteem issues? And maybe CW's saving her French for more formal court?:eek:

What do you think?:ermm:

I think you're an ardent admirer of ideal love affairs. And so are a lot of us. We just love being in love. I'm sure Albert has had wonderful people in his life, in 50 years, come on. The key word here is "I don't know". And you don't know. Being determined to put him in a dumb category of a man having lived half a century not being delighted in intellectual exchanges with women he has dated.

Even he, as close-mouthed as he can be about women he no longer dated , or for the present--would like to be considered more intelligent than having spent his wheels with unintelligent woamen. Even if, as so many people want to say about her, or whatever, however, whatever language she speaks, he has the privilige of not seeing her.

There is a continued negative, purposeful trend here, I'm sure. You do all the women, the children's mothers such a distasteful disservice. And you actually do him a disservice to a man of the world, a head of state--to say look what undesirable women you have sired and squired with.

For each of us, if we've lived or loved or dated at all, we can have inunmerable interesting, enjoyed/enjoyable people in our past.

And I think that if this wonderful love couple"s life is meant to forever be--give them more time. Since it seems thats what needed here.

It is not a weird relationship... why "weird" ? He is not obliged to say openly what he thinks
excellant point he is not. Many 'ordinary people date for years before committing to living together and or an engagement. PA does not have that luxury as anyone he dates is immediately hailed by the media as the love of his life, Princess Graces successor ectera ectera!!! Two/three years is not really a long relationship, some people meet and fall in love quickly and marry within months and live happily ever after, some of these divorce. Some date for years, marry live happily ever after and others date for years and divorce in months. WE DONT KNOW THIS COUPLE. I personally dont like many of this womans actions but lets face it for there to be a relationship one of them was going to have to move and her 'career' (if it can be called that) was the only one not location specific. I am content to wait and see and let them make their own choices.
P.S. I will continue to enjoy the discussions here and join in with MO when I choose:flowers:
One point however if I may... How many people on this forum EVER wore the uniform of their country to represent it at Olympic Games that in itself is an achievement even if you are on the reserves bench for the competition.
(and yes I think she could have done more since but couldnt we all;))

Do they do a lot of things with family outside of these events. Does anyone know?

And for Olga, I might be a romantic, but I am also not here to plan someone else's courtship. I am just curious from time to time.

Well, there was the ski trip during the holidays and staying with Princesse Caroline...? Somewhere else here there were images of them in SA kicking around a rugby ball, though now that we know her former beaus were rugby players, I might have left that aside if I were her. Instead, they said he looked uncomfortable or clumsy. I wonder if it was payback for all the awkwardness she displays in his world?

On the topic of PR, he lucked out with PG. She was more than just a good P.R. match, she turned out to have substance. Maybe that's the standard he held against CW, and saw she didn't measure up. CW gives off a vibe of "blond ambition" and is not nearly as beautiful as the supreme blond of Monaco. She simply is piggybacking on the myth. Were she not in the Monaco glare, she wouldn't be picked up on any radar. IMO ;)

Do they do a lot of things with family outside of these events. Does anyone know?

And for Olga, I might be a romantic, but I am also not here to plan someone else's courtship. I am just curious from time to time.

All of us are curious, that's why we come here to read, sometimes post. There are many types of personalities within these readers, posters. And my point is really, we need to just not sully or paint the threads as having subjects that are hopeless, undesirable.

Its a powerful feeling sometimes when our fingers are on the keys. We forget sometimes and exorcise our own stuff when all we are doing is as I said putrifying the threads. Even though we get the feeling that what we can say can CHANGE or have some power over the subjects we're discussing.

And as for Amad--above there--Kudos for your life and a rather lovely post. You made for a refreshing read.

what does kudos mean:)

Last edited:
Kudos.

what does kudos mean:)

"applause"
She is "tipping her hat to you".
:flowers:

I also agree that someone entering a crown princess role should be of more substance and doing more to represent something in her own world. Let us see where their story goes ..

Have there been any recent interviews with PA about his relationship with CW? Like with Larry King or anyone? Any links?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom