Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My fingers swell sometimes, especially in warm weather. I cannot always wear my rings when I want to.

Maybe Albert is the same? In any case he has never looked happier. There is no way to fake the sort of contentment he seems to have now.

Anyone looking forward to cracks and/or the failure of this particular marriage should probably settle in for a looong wait..

Good point. I didn't think of that one. Could all together be possible.

I don't believe there was any publicity stunt in Albert not wearing his wedding band. Many men don't wear their bands, whether that's right or not, I won't get into. William stated he wouldn't wear his ring and there wasn't an uproar as is with the Monaco couple. He wore his ring in Leeds and there you go. :)

I don't believe it was either. You're right-many men chose not to wear the band. And like you said, William said he wouldn't be wearing one and it's not a big deal, yet when Albert doesn't wear his, it's like the end of the world. Kinda like their honeymoon...but I won't open that can of worms here.:bang:

How pray tell is this a publicity stunt? Sheesh is anybody ever going to cut some slack for these two? Ring on or off is starting to sound like where to break the egg in Gulliver's Travels.Clearly it is not a publicity stunt.

Well said, Jaya! :) It's like people are looking for them to make some minor mistake...and when they do, it's a huge thing, yet when someone else (Catherine and William *hem*) do the exact same thing (delaying their honeymoon for previous commitments, him not wearing a wedding band, etc), it's nothing at all.

Many men who aren't used to wearing jewelry can find rings uncomfortable so maybe he has decided he just isn't a ring wearing guy. It isn't like no one knows he is married and he is trying pretend he is single! Or he could have just forgotten to put it on after a shower or his hands have swollen a little. I doubt it's a big deal. The press have been at this two since day one fortelling of a runaway bride and an unhappy honeymoon etc. None of the British Royal men wear wedding rings so William was never expected to wear one.

My husband wore his wedding ring and an initial ring for the first 6 months after we got married. He took it off gave it to me and I had it melted down into a ring (Claddaugh ring) for myself. That was 30 years ago.

Why is it such a big deal that Albert didn't wear his ring a couple of times? Its like he committed a crime. Charlene didn't always wear her engagement ring before they were married. If you look at the recent photos he is wearing it.

Why is it such a big deal that Albert didn't wear his ring a couple of times? Its like he committed a crime. Charlene didn't always wear her engagement ring before they were married. If you look at the recent photos he is wearing it.

Precisely! And like I said before-William never wore one, and it's no big deal, yet Albert doesn't once and its a crime!:bang:

LadyMacAlpine, LOVE your avatar btw. :)

But...problem is that before William's marriage he said he wasn't going to wear a ring. So people didn't expect him to do it.
Albert didn't say anything. Plus the rumours sourrounding him, it doesn't help to his marriage image at all that he doesn't wear his constantly.

I suspect it is only an issue for those individuals who are looking for an issue.

I suspect it is only an issue for those individuals who are looking for an issue.
I completely agree with you.

Nathalie, Albert has never worn a ring so it should be a surprise he has worn one not that on a few occasions he hasn't.

Nathalie, Albert has never worn a ring so it should be a surprise he has worn one not that on a few occasions he hasn't.

I guess. It's just that people seem to have an odd perspective from this marriage, from what i see.
If anything, a ring doesn't really tell us what is going between doors. ;)

I guess. It's just that people seem to have an odd perspective from this marriage, from what i see.
Very true Nathalie about the perspectives perceptions regarding this couple. However lets not read omens as they do on other boards bashing away at these newlyweds via every gesture or lipstick shade etc. Years ago they said Charlene would never marry the Prince and this was almost sabotged in the last week with the fake allegations of CW's escape.Alas Princess Charlene is an athlete not Houdini's side kick.[to escape for any reason] My best wishes are always with them ........PA and PC

I completely agree with you both. :)

We do not know for sure if Charlene tried to flee Monaco or not and probably never will. Even if you do think the marriage is a little off, now that it has actually happened I would hope people would change their tunes to wishing them the most happiness that is available to them, rather than wanting to be proven right.

We do not know for sure if Charlene tried to flee Monaco or not and probably never will. Even if you do think the marriage is a little off, now that it has actually happened I would hope people would change their tunes to wishing them the most happiness that is available to them, rather than wanting to be proven right.

Could not agree with you more. It's done and over with-Albert married Charlene are married, get over it and move on. Whatever is/has gone behind closed doors is behind closed doors and none of our business. It's not fair to them to speculate what's allegedly "really" going on either. Hopefully, it'll die down soon like whatever the heat is over the situation between Caro and E-A has died down.
Who knows what "deal" they've all reached, or even if any deals were reached-quite frankly, it's not our business. We're better off grining and bearing whatever comes next.

How can you wish happiness to people who have reach to an agreement? People who marry for love find love, even if it´s difficult to live together. When people made agreement, i don´t really care if they are happy. I suppose they are happy if they get what they want: money, a title, a heir. So I could not care less about their happiness. It is all appearance.

How can you wish happiness to people who have reach to an agreement? People who marry for love find love, even if it´s difficult to live together.
That's pretty cold and harsh. I would have thought that whatever reasons people have for marrying, be it love, compatibility, companionship, loneliness, time clocks, etc. wishing a couple happy is not a big thing. Withholding it is cold and mean spirited!
I suppose they are happy if they get what they want: money, a title, a heir. So I could not care less about their happiness. It is all appearance.
And you can you actually back this opinion that they did not marry for love with cold hard facts, including reputable sources? If not then you, along with the tabloids, are speculating wildly and your compassion well is obviously as dry as a bone and your heart a dried up stone!

I share here a different,but neutral opinion.It's obviously their marriage is not for love as people usually perceive it(but we should not forget that Albert is at different age than younger royal grooms or husbands,for him the expression of love turns differently,attraction being on the second place at his age),but there is no just reason,I do think despite their age diffference Albert and Charlene share many common interests(especially regarding sport) and values,from which we can conclude that they are good friends besides just wife and husband.

:previous: Is it not possible for them to be friends, lovers, and actually in love with each other regardless of the age difference or, are we all letting a nasty bit of pre-wedding journalism slant the way we see this couple.

I am still trying to fathom the "Great Escape That Wasn't" when she could have just stayed in South Africa. To me it makes as much sense as the allegations that Prince Albert had fathered another illegitimate child and was going to have to provide DNA, and then further allegations of yet another baby, and here we are, months after the wedding, and where have these mothers and babies disappeared to?

The same place as "The Great Escape"?

I think it is just a case of some people who are rather bitter and as a result cannot see anything positive in anyone. For some people the glass is always half empty. No one outside of the 2 principles knows what goes on in their marriage which is as it should be. Surely we have seen enough couples who radiated love and joy and then picked up the papers to read that they had filed for divorce. People get married for all sorts of reasons such as companionship, affection, mutual interests, friendship, parenthood, feeling that they can make a life together......none of which preclude love being a part of the package. Love looks different to everyone.

I think it is just a case of some people who are rather bitter and as a result cannot see anything positive in anyone. For some people the glass is always half empty. No one outside of the 2 principles knows what goes on in their marriage which is as it should be. Surely we have seen enough couples who radiated love and joy and then picked up the papers to read that they had filed for divorce. People get married for all sorts of reasons such as companionship, affection, mutual interests, friendship, parenthood, feeling that they can make a life together......none of which preclude love being a part of the package. Love looks different to everyone.
You are very right, well said and bravo !:flowers:

This thread has been cleaned - the off-topic and personal discussions have been deleted,
if you wish to continue your personal discussions please use the private message system
instead! Thanks!

[does not let you edit and keeps asking you to log-in over and over again].

Anyway will see what this year brings!

Albert has such a big smile on his face every time you see him. He seems happy and content as does Charlene.

The signs to me are they are very very happy it is a true love match.

We saw the complete opposite with Charles and Diana ---- Charles looked miserable so often but it went unnoticed by the public. Even if Charlene has not done anything special as yet for Monaco, she has Albert's love and devotion.

Well said, angieuk.
There has to come a time when even the couple's distractors can leave them in peace.

Call me a romantic but I think that theirs is a genuine love match. I don't want to go over old ground as I'm sure that it was discussed here at the time of the wedding but when I saw Charlene rest her head on Albert's shoulder following the civil ceremony I just went gooey inside. It was a simple, instinctive, loving and genuine gesture of happiness (in my opinion).

:previous: Oh well, from one gooey to another. The photographs of Charlene and Albert at the Olympics seem to speak of a warm and loving relationship. I was particularly taken by a set of photographs of them taken during a swim event involving South Africa.

http://i46.tinypic.com/hvt8o0.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/faamhv.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/124fuky.jpg

How utterly delightful! I am really getting to love this couple. I love the way they have just thrown themselves into supporting the Olympics and the way Albert supports his wife's ex countrymen. Now if that isn't love, what is?

I guess being/feeling more private they can "let themselves go" and show some emotions!
I love that!!!

:previous: Oh well, from one gooey to another. The photographs of Charlene and Albert at the Olympics seem to speak of a warm and loving relationship. I was particularly taken by a set of photographs of them taken during a swim event involving South Africa.

http://i46.tinypic.com/hvt8o0.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/faamhv.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/124fuky.jpg

How utterly delightful! I am really getting to love this couple. I love the way they have just thrown themselves into supporting the Olympics and the way Albert supports his wife's ex countrymen. Now if that isn't love, what is?

These are just adorable. !! Yes, it's genuine love and fun, caring, sharing etc. !! :flowers:

In January Charlene will be thirty five and that is the age they I think start amnio on ladies wishing to have children. Hope they have a child soon and start that family that is supposed to happen.All the best

:previous: Is it not possible for them to be friends, lovers, and actually in love with each other regardless of the age difference or, are we all letting a nasty bit of pre-wedding journalism slant the way we see this couple.

I am still trying to fathom the "Great Escape That Wasn't" when she could have just stayed in South Africa. To me it makes as much sense as the allegations that Prince Albert had fathered another illegitimate child and was going to have to provide DNA, and then further allegations of yet another baby, and here we are, months after the wedding, and where have these mothers and babies disappeared to?

The same place as "The Great Escape"?
Well, possibly to the bank to cash the check upon signing the confidentiality agreement?

Jaya said:
In January Charlene will be thirty five and that is the age they I think start amnio on ladies wishing to have children. Hope they have a child soon and start that family that is supposed to happen.All the best

What do you mean ? Start amino?

Although I doubt the wilder rumours surrounding this marriage the absence of a pregnancy after all this time, and considering both their ages, makes the situation look a bit strange IMO. If PC can have children then what is the hold up and if she can't then what's the point of PA marrying now after all these years?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom