Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you're right, semisquare - they've had plenty of practice over the years, I bet.

Practicing a kiss :ROFLMAO: that's hilarious!
The kiss of Charlene and Albert looked weird.
She was pretty shy and nervous but attached to Albert. The way she acted after the kiss when she put her head against Alberts shoulders was kind of cute and shy again!
Albert seemed pretty unprofessional. Kissing with eyes open :bang:
On the balcony, the woman he loves and just got married to.
For me absolutely NO GO!
That's the way I kiss my husband "good bye" when I leave the house.

The kiss at the wedding in the palace was kind of unsatisfying for Charlene.
When you look at her eyes and her behavior she was hoping for more passion and wanting it to last looooonger!
She look disappointed right after and took a deep breath like she would say,
"oh gosh couldn't he kiss me longer and more intense?!"
Watch the video and you see what I mean!

i think(correct me if im wrong) this wedding was said to be a "true love" match and then you find out there are issues(babies, the kiss on the balcony) behind the scenes.
i was happy for them but the rumors, issues and that kiss on the balcony look so awkward i was expecting something like prince will and princess cate and turn out to be a disappointment and then they stay in different hotel rooms on their "working honeymoon" its all just plan strange
It has been in the press that none of Prince Alberts ex-gfs have come forward with any paternity claims. As for the kiss they both looked very stressed, I can understand why with what the press published they were no doubt upset especially since they have not only denied the rumors but are suing. It was an intentional act on someones part to ruin their wedding. I will not be at all surprised to learn a jealous female Albert rejected for Charlene had something to do with this. And or a former or currently unhappy employee who for one reason or another didn't like Charlene.

I think I would rather have an awkward kiss than a practiced kiss. Both can be insincere, but I think awkward is a bit more honest.

It has been in the press that none of Prince Alberts ex-gfs have come forward with any paternity claims. As for the kiss they both looked very stressed, I can understand why with what the press published they were no doubt upset especially since they have not only denied the rumors but are suing. It was an intentional act on someones part to ruin their wedding. I will not be at all surprised to learn a jealous female Albert rejected for Charlene had something to do with this. And or a former or currently unhappy employee who for one reason or another didn't like Charlene.

Absolutely agree, this all has the earmarks of a planned attack at just the "perfect" moment to cause stress and distress. I really wish they could find out who is at the bottom of this (although they may already know) despite the fact that they can probably can do nothing about it.

Oh for the days of an absolute monarchy when the King/Prince could send someone to the guillotine or axe for truly nasty behavior. :ROFLMAO:

Thank for articulating this Lady Mac.
There is no end to maliciousness in the world and this takes the cake.This is no jealous female but a mental freak out chick..... needs to learn a lesson.It is a type of horrid mischief. They did a lot of kissing and I thought it was appropriate and fine.THis was alas a rite of passage and they were both excited and realizing what the quantam leap meant... All is fine

Absolutely agree, this all has the earmarks of a planned attack at just the "perfect" moment to cause stress and distress. I really wish they could find out who is at the bottom of this (although they may already know) despite the fact that they can probably can do nothing about it.

Oh for the days of an absolute monarchy when the King/Prince could send someone to the guillotine or axe for truly nasty behavior. :ROFLMAO:

We fought a revolution against that, but perhaps, you forget. This is all nonsense. Kissing in public is a celebrity function. People are people, some are shy, some are bold. Kissing is a private function.

We fought a revolution against that, but perhaps, you forget. This is all nonsense. Kissing in public is a celebrity function. People are people, some are shy, some are bold. Kissing is a private function.

Surely you jest .... just as I did with the laughing symbol. i did not intend to receive a lesson in history nor was I suggesting a return to the guillotine. :ROFLMAO: My point was that clearly this whole thing has been orchestrated, IMHO, and unfortunately there is little in terms of response, that can be done about it.

As for the kiss, I frankly didn't take much notice, it is all the other truly nasty media reports that I was referring to.

Yes, I understand and I hade hoped you would, too. Don't know how to use the foolish symbols. I am too old.

Why would you expect 2 different couples to behave the same?
pc victoria and her daniel, prince will and princess cate and prince al and princess charlene would have all been put in the same category. the category of happy newly weds thats all i was saying

As to the kissing .... I think I mentioned earlier on that, to state the obvious - :) neither of the two had been married before.

That means they have not had the feelings of a newly-married man or woman. I know it's probably seen as stating the obvious, but there is a significant change in emotions at the ceremony.

During ministry training we were not just looking at the legal side (filling out the registers correctly etc.), but - far more importantly - the "change of state" which can be enormous with some people.

Thank you for the article. I like this part.
What shocks me most today is that our expressions and behaviors are interpreted and dissected. For example, it was said that Charlene looks sad and I too expansive. This is the first time I've been criticized for not being friendly enough ... We forget our attitude at an official event is not the same as when we are private. I want to assure those concerned for our happiness," the Prince said with a knowing smile, " that Charlene and I are very happy."

Thank you for the article. I like this part.

What shocks me most today is that our expressions and behaviors are interpreted and dissected. For example, it was said that Charlene looks sad and I too expansive. This is the first time I've been criticized for not being friendly enough ... We forget our attitude at an official event is not the same as when we are private. I want to assure those concerned for our happiness," the Prince said with a knowing smile, " that Charlene and I are very happy."

I hope this quote from Prince Albert (the second quote posted here) puts an end to all of the wasting of time dissecting every kiss, hotel arrangement and emotional expressions of the newlywed Prince and Princess of Monaco. As long as they both wanted this marriage and intend to uphold their duties to the Monegasques, I don't think it's fair for anyone to keep trying to peer into their most private emotions and especially not into their sleeping arrangements nor their most intimate marital life.

I don't think becoming Princely or Royal makes one no longer entitled to privacy in these most personal of matters. I like to "Royal Watch" along with most who post on these boards, but I still maintain the Royals are entitled to privacy of the heart and bedroom and those subjects are not really fit for discussion, IMHO.

i think they do deserve some privacy esp in the bedroom -i really dont what to know what happens there but they have to expect that their privacy is limited..its not fair imo

The mediatisation of people's lives is something we can no longer reverse. Those who willingly expose themselves to the limelight have to bear the consequences of their decisions.

This does not apply to people like Albert. He was mediatised from a very early age, and not by his own wish.

I disagree Renata. PC's court ruling win on privacy basically said it is an unalienable right no matter who you are. Also in the US our President and his family is given complete privacy. Especially for their children. We are not so good with entertainers and sports figures, but part of that is publicity stunts or started that way and got out of control. eg. Brittany Spears and Lindsey Lohan. I think one of the reasons we don't hear more about the Monaco royals is because they are blocking the pictures to the US and our press accepts it. Any mention of royals in the US is legitimate news or PR.

Last edited:
Giving them and especially their children some privacy is very important.
Look how well Will and Harry turned out without being photographed all the time.
And they need time for themselves to really grow as a married couple.

Wills and Harry had an easier time with the paparazzi because the Palace made deals with the newspapers, so that the boys only had to do a certain number of photo sessions.

Surely you jest .... just as I did with the laughing symbol. i did not intend to receive a lesson in history nor was I suggesting a return to the guillotine. :ROFLMAO: My point was that clearly this whole thing has been orchestrated, IMHO, and unfortunately there is little in terms of response, that can be done about it.

As for the kiss, I frankly didn't take much notice, it is all the other truly nasty media reports that I was referring to.
I am in total agreement with . This was clearly an orchestrated campaign to cause maximum damage to Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and the Principality itself, Monaco.

As to the kiss? Well I don't know about anyone else, but for me kissing is a passionate but intensely private action, not a theatrical production. PA and Charlene seem a little shy and not given to over PDA's, as such their behaviour is totally predictable.

There are many ways of kissing, and everyone has his/her limits.

But the two should have been prepared for the necessity to exchange a peck or two for the cameras - after all, it was their wedding !!

These are people constantly in the limelight, and they had orchestrated their wedding like a military operation.

The necessity to kiss on command? There is something quite disgusting about that; reminds me of the old times when couples had to consummate their marriage in front of the court. Who cares if Charlene and Albert's kiss was awkward or Kate and William's was passionless and practiced. How a couple makes out in public is not an indication of how long they will last or what kind of relationship they have in private. If that were the case than Angelina and Billy Bob would still be together and Elizabeth and Philip wouldn't have lasted a year.

Over on the current events forum, there are a few comments about Albert not wearing his wedding ring at recent engagements. Isn't this a small sign of Albert being perfectly relaxed about the secuirty of his marriage to Charlene? If the marriage was floundering, IMO such outward symbols of marriage would to be on show at all times to avoid speculation.

We can not make deductions from the wedding ring. Prince william does not wear at all but everyone agrees that he is very in love with catherine.
I think the delicate point with albert and charlene is that prince albert for more than 30 y gave the impression that he was not going to marry anyone . So people were used to see with him some beauties but without happy outcome. Even charlene lasted some years, and suddenly he decided... Some people thought that something "was artificial" with this wedding, and the rumours about charlene ready to stop everything did not help the situation. The wedding arrived and people were ready to read any sign of non normal sitation: kiss cold, lack of expressed passion, a crying bride, a not veryhappy father, separate bedrooms, etc etc

Last edited:
We can not make deductions from the wedding ring. Prince william does not wear at all but everyone agrees that he is very in love with catherine.
I think the delicate point with albert and charlene is that prince albert for more than 30 y gave the impression that he was not going to marry anyone . So people were used to see with him some beauties but without happy outcome. Even charlene lasted some years, and suddenly he decided... Some people thought that something "was artificial" with this wedding, and the rumours about charlene ready to stop everything did not help the situation. The wedding arrived and people were ready to read any sign of non normal sitation: kiss cold, lack of expressed passion, a crying bride, a not veryhappy father, separate bedrooms, etc etc
Very well said.
But for the fans of Albert and Charlene it would have been nicer to see a very passionate kiss. At least I would have prefered one although I do believe that they truly love eachother!

If you're disappointed in their kiss that is your problem not theirs. Charlene and Albert should only focus on making each other happy: not an insatiable public who are never satisfied. Whether the marriage is arranged, a business deal, a love match or whatever, the only people who know for sure are Charlene and Albert. Sure it looks fishy, but they are married now and I wish then (especially her) the best.

When I saw pics of Prince Albert without his alliance, I was sure that this would create a big debate! First I was surprised, and even thought that this could prove something true about past rumours...

And than, I decided to excogitate.
If there was really a problem between Charlene and Albert, he surely wouldn't exhibit his hand without alliance at a meeting with Michel Platini, knowing perfectly that he would be photographed by hundreds of paparazzis / or journalists, because it was an official appearance.
That's why I concluded that maybe he forgot to put his alliance after having washed his hands, or brushing his teeths, or simply because this alliance was too tight (because he's so happy with his wife that he forgot his diet, we can imagine anything!) and he asked Cartier to aggrandize it, or... I don't know, I have no ideas any more!! :)

Its not as if everyone doesn't know he is married, and lots of married men do not wear wedding rings so I think this is much ado about nothing.

When I saw pics of Prince Albert without his alliance, I was sure that this would create a big debate! First I was surprised, and even thought that this could prove something true about past rumours...

And than, I decided to excogitate.
If there was really a problem between Charlene and Albert, he surely wouldn't exhibit his hand without alliance at a meeting with Michel Platini, knowing perfectly that he would be photographed by hundreds of paparazzis / or journalists, because it was an official appearance.
That's why I concluded that maybe he forgot to put his alliance after having washed his hands, or brushing his teeths, or simply because this alliance was too tight (because he's so happy with his wife that he forgot his diet, we can imagine anything!) and he asked Cartier to aggrandize it, or... I don't know, I have no ideas any more!! :)

When and where? I am not sure what you are referring to, as your English, far better than my French, is quite difficult. If he wasn't wearing a ring, so what. But in all the pictures I have seen him in, he has worn a slim wedding band. All this supposition, is nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom