Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kataryn said:
I bet William and Catherine didn't spend the last weeks before their trip to Canada together for every night. They surely seperated because he worked his full shifts on RAF Valley according to the media and she somehow shopped for clothes - and not on Anglesey! So why is their "sleeping in seperate beds while she is on a businesstrip" never mentioned? :whistling::whistling:

Apples and oranges, I'm afraid. You're completely right about Will and Kate not spending every night together, as he does 24h shifts at the base and is also on call at the base. But there are no stories about any dischord between them, so no one would mention it because it isn't interesting. Unfortunately for Albert and Charlene, irregardless of whatever the truth is, there are stories about them and so the fact that they were in seperate hotels close by to each other would be talked about as it is interesting in light of everything that has been reported.

I - and many other folks - have said it before, but it doesn't seem to have sunk in. THE TRIP TO SOUTH AFRICA RIGHT AFTER THEIR MARRIAGE WAS NEVER INTENDED TO BE A HONEYMOON (do your research). THE HONEYMOON WAS INTENDED TO START AFTER THE IOC MEETING. GET IT RIGHT!

i'm not trying to start an argument here but i've just done some looking and every page i've found has said it was a honeymoon and the official page makes no mention of a honeymoon at all so i'm wondering where the information about the SA trip not being a honeymoon came from?

i'm not trying to start an argument here but i've just done some looking and every page i've found has said it was a honeymoon and the official page makes no mention of a honeymoon at all so i'm wondering where the information about the SA trip not being a honeymoon came from?
If you go back to 2008 you will see that Durban was chosen as the location of the 123rd IOC Session. Go back and read Zonk's and my posts and you will find the information and that Albert said himself Charlene had no idea where he was taking her on the honeymoon it was a surprise. That is in one of the articles posted. They changed their wedding day so she could be Princess of Monaco when she went with Albert. Smdouglas has also posted info and for people like us who pay attention to the details not the gossip it gets frustrating when people ignore the information we search for and post to set the record straight and not turn this board into gossip like another where some members are from the Tabloid press and a person with a personal agenda to trash Albert and any woman associated with him. Eringers has a personal agenda and his blog is also full of posters from that board spreading rumors. To the person who wondered who was starting this stuff I just gave you some people to chose from.

My apologies, Duchess. The references to the honemoon have been moved to the General News & Information about Prince Albert and Princess Charlene thread. You've probably not read through those posts. Some of the posts that discuss this are by burnt (#215), Smush (#258), LadyMacAlpine (#263), Zonk (#266), Lyonnaise (#269). Don't feel alone, there are plenty of posts intermixed with these posts that simply ignore what is being said about the honeymoon.

There is a thread in the "Wedding of HSH Prince Albert II and Miss Charlene Wittstock, 1-2 July 2011" forum (Prince Albert & Charlene's Wittstock Honeymoon) where this is discussed in depth.

The media got this wrong and that mistake has been repeated not only by other publications but by others in this forum.

Again, my apologies for "yelling", but my frustration just boiled over. I promise not to "raise my voice" again. Now, we should get back to the subject of this thread: their relationship.

What I do not understand is if PA and now PC originally got together because of passion and love of sports why PC could not have gone to those IOC meetings with her husband as a listener or auditor or as his guest.. being a champion sportswoman herself?Maybe she could have had something to offer them from her personal experience and intititives in the field. alas!Couldn't Princess C have become an honorary member?

It doesn´t matter if the trip to IOC meeting was honeymoon or not. In either cases it is extremely odd that a new married couple spends their nights in different places. Charlene could easily have gone to the same hotel as Albert.

I think she's already an "Olympian".
The IOC meeting was a top-level occasion, with the whole world watching. If everybody brought their girlfriend along, it would cause chaos...

What I do not understand is if PA and now PC originally got together because of passion and love of sports why PC could not have gone to those IOC meetings with her husband as a listener or auditor or as his guest.. being a champion sportswoman herself?Maybe she could have had something to offer them from her personal experience and intititives in the field. alas!Couldn't Princess C have become an honorary member?

The IOC is pretty much a closed club. If you are not a member you dont get in. Their meetings are private. Albert is the lone IOC member representing Monaco.

The IOC is pretty much a closed club. If you are not a member you dont get in. Their meetings are private. Albert is the lone IOC member representing Monaco.

Well, she could have just stayed in bed upstairs...I'm thinking that if I'm a 33 year old newlywed hoping to conceive a baby with my 53 year old spouse, I'm not going to be sleeping in a different place. Nevermind if they've been 'together' for years, they are married for less than two weeks at that time. Big deal if he's stuck in traffic for a bit, or if she has to schlep her nightie over to the Hilton. Most/all couples would have been in the same room every night.

Well, she could have just stayed in bed upstairs...I'm thinking that if I'm a 33 year old newlywed hoping to conceive a baby with my 53 year old spouse, I'm not going to be sleeping in a different place. Nevermind if they've been 'together' for years, they are married for less than two weeks at that time. Big deal if he's stuck in traffic for a bit, or if she has to schlep her nightie over to the Hilton. Most/all couples would have been in the same room every night.

Perhaps, but now that they are on their honeymoon they can make up for lost time:whistling:

And perhaps it'll give us time to recover from the festivities and honeymoon.....

I think "royal watching" is going way too far when people start speculating on conception attempts and nighties and who sleeps where. Give these people some breathing room! This kind of curiosity lead to that chase in Paris in 1997 because the paps wanted pictures of Diana staying the night at Dodi's apartment. For heavens sake! Aren't their sex lives their own???

Aliza, once again we are on SO ON THE SAME PAGE.

Some things need to be private and not speculated upon. And the sleeping arrangements of other people is probably one of them. :whistling:

The women Albert was linked to over the years were more or less famous "walkers", all the same type. I never thought that he had a serious relationship with one of them. My impression has always been that he is playing on both ends of the field, who knows.

I agree, Duke. So would a number of people in my circle who summer in the Hamptons.

I wish this couple well. The pressures on them are tremendous and while I realize Albert's intentions to promote the Principality by throwing a lavish wedding, I think that it multiplied the stress on Charlene a hundred-fold.

WOW... so much noise about a relatively minor thing. If I were PC I would have done just the same and stayed at the lovely resort and take this opportunity to invite old friends or family while PA works at the IOC. To me, it shows that PC is a person on her own, she can enjoy herself without PA and share precious and rare time with her relatives and friends (which I assume she doesn't see often while residing in Monaco). Girlfriend sleepover yeah! Plus, while he's working he doesn't have to worry about his poor little bride being sad or lonely in their suite and he can concentrate on his work. And honeymoon after that!

^^ previous
It's not so much the spending time apart, but the timing of which they are apart. Days after being wed and they choose to spend the night down the road from each other in different hotels just seems an odd decision (logistics isn't a very good reason IMO). I don't think many would have given it a second thought had it not been right after the wedding. Like I said - poor advisement by their aides. I'm sure Albert & Charlene could care less what we think, but their aides should have "saved them from themselves" on this one - especially in light of the stories surrounding them.

They will produce a child soon , whether it is naturally or via IVF. I don't think the sleeping arrangements matter thanks to modern medicine...It is very possible that in Nov she'll be 4 months pregnant already. This couple doesn't have any time to lose when it comes to babies. It is a state matter.

IVF is only a 5% chance, just in case you don't know. And a lot of work. Woman who go through this, endure a great deal. Please don't denigrate it. He seems to have no problem and, I am sure they checked, she is fertile.

They will produce a child soon , whether it is naturally or via IVF. I don't think the sleeping arrangements matter thanks to modern medicine...It is very possible that in Nov she'll be 4 months pregnant already. This couple doesn't have any time to lose when it comes to babies. It is a state matter.
Charlene is young and it does not matter how old Albert is. They can wait if they want.

When betrothed Prince Albert and Princess Charlene were late for I cannot remember what part of the wedding of the BRF... stuck in traffic or got the hours mixed up etcc...And as for the IOC being that exclusive so much for democracy.!

I should have been clearer. I meant when Charles and Diana were visiting another country and in the same city, they stayed in the same building.

I bet William and Catherine didn't spend the last weeks before their trip to Canada together for every night.

Yes, it's the appearance of the thing that's strange.

Like I said - poor advisement by their aides. I'm sure Albert & Charlene could care less what we think, but their aides should have "saved them from themselves" on this one - especially in light of the stories surrounding them.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ previous
It's not so much the spending time apart, but the timing of which they are apart. Days after being wed and they choose to spend the night down the road from each other in different hotels just seems an odd decision (logistics isn't a very good reason IMO). I don't think many would have given it a second thought had it not been right after the wedding. Like I said - poor advisement by their aides. I'm sure Albert & Charlene could care less what we think, but their aides should have "saved them from themselves" on this one - especially in light of the stories surrounding them.

I completely agree, taking into account all the rumours around them, they should have been more careful and avoid further rumours by staying at the same hotel even though it was not son convenient !

I always regarded PA and CW as streetwise until now, but the whole palaver has left me thinking they are living in a bubble, oblivious to other people and their lives.
Just think back to the date changes .....

Heck, Renata, I'm pretty much oblivious to other people and their lives if they are not directly connected to me.

I don't think that is unusual.

And the date changes didn't seem to have been detrimental to the people who attended their wedding. Everyone but Spain and the Greeks were there...or were the Greeks there? I can't remember.

As I've observed many people on different forums and papers put the negative accent on the relation of Albert and Charlene,that there is neither love nor passion between them.But I think they have a specific sympathy and friendship and they make a rather good couple.
I 've thought that why should people criticize them,when many royals or nobles ,even at rather young age date or marry the rich heiresses from the high society,where is their true love then if they make an alliance of equal money and a little passion and later end in divorce or complete antipacy.That's why I think Prince Albert is old enough to build his life and Charlene is smart enough to make the best choice.

As I've observed many people on different forums and papers put the negative accent on the relation of Albert and Charlene,that there is neither love nor passion between them.But I think they have a specific sympathy and friendship and they make a rather good couple.
I 've thought that why should people criticize them,when many royals or nobles ,even at rather young age date or marry the rich heiresses from the high society,where is their true love then if they make an alliance of equal money and a little passion and later end in divorce or complete antipacy.That's why I think Prince Albert is old enough to build his life and Charlene is smart enough to make the best choice.
i think(correct me if im wrong) this wedding was said to be a "true love" match and then you find out there are issues(babies, the kiss on the balcony) behind the scenes.
i was happy for them but the rumors, issues and that kiss on the balcony look so awkward i was expecting something like prince will and princess cate and turn out to be a disappointment and then they stay in different hotel rooms on their "working honeymoon" its all just plan strange

To cap it all, the story behind what you've written above is now the subject of a court case between PA/CW and a serious French newspaper.
Where will it all end ?

The press said Will and Kate practiced their kiss on the balcony. Maybe PA and Charlotte did not; therefore the awkwardness. Also PA is shy.

its a kiss their not make an airplane just a kiss and its not like they havent done that before-she look so awkward c'mon even virgins can kiss better than pa and pc imo

Back
Top Bottom