Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they make a good couple but maybe she is just someone who just prefers to stay out of the papers or like to be private but I think she'll soon learn that may be difficult having a partner like Albert.

Albert probably would want to have children or not but we can't know for sure we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they make a good couple but maybe she is just someone who just prefers to stay out of the papers or like to be private but I think she'll soon learn that may be difficult having a partner like Albert.

Albert probably would want to have children or not but we can't know for sure we'll just have to wait and see.

That´s not my impression of her, she´s been doing nothing else than showing off these years. And when I say nothing I mean it. The results are obvious.

And her function is to provide a heir, I don´t know why this discussion.

:previous: We are having this discussion because its a discussion forum.

Just as you like to talk about how there is no love between the two or that Charlene hasn't done any charity work since she arrived in Monaco, people like to talk about the possibity of love between the two and whether or not they will have children.

Last edited:
I don't agree that her function is to provide an heir. That would be a mechanistic view of procreation.

:previous: We are having this discussion because its a discussion forum.

Just as you like to talk about how there is no love between the two or that Charlene hasn't done any charity work since she arrived in Monaco, people like to talk about the possibity of love between the two and whether or not they will have children.

Please, don´t talk to me as if I were stupid. I don´t need to be told this is a place for discussion. Actually, I didn´t make a question, because you may argue over anything you want to, but expresed how odd it is to discuss if a man in his 50´s, who needs a heir, is going to have a child or not.

And honestly, that "you like to talk about hpw there is no love.." is not accurate at all. I just state my opinion from my impressions, from what I see. I do not precisely "enjoy" it.

I am not quite certain that if PA had been the son of the local SA butcher CW would have looked at him sideways.And if CW had had several degrees I doubt Pa would have been interested either. This is because my theory is they just want to establish a family and family life with progeny and heirs.Cw needs the security to do that PA offers and PA desires a younger and fecund lady. All is well.
It is completely irrelevant what would have happened if he were a butcher or anything else. He is who he is and so is Charlene and the two agreed on getting married.

PA said in his French interview (with Charlene) that he wanted to have children.

Please, don´t talk to me as if I were stupid. I don´t need to be told this is a place for discussion. Actually, I didn´t make a question, because you may argue over anything you want to, but expresed how odd it is to discuss if a man in his 50´s, who needs a heir, is going to have a child or not.

And honestly, that "you like to talk about hpw there is no love.." is not accurate at all. I just state my opinion from my impressions, from what I see. I do not precisely "enjoy" it.

I am not talking to you if you were stupid, but did you not state that you didn't understand why there was a discussion about Charlene and Albert having children. I am basing my earlier comment on one of your posts:

That´s not my impression of her, she´s been doing nothing else than showing off these years. And when I say nothing I mean it. The results are obvious.

And her function is to provide a heir, I don´t know why this discussion.

Members have the right to discuss what interests them in regards to the Monaco royals as long as falls with TRF rules and guidelines. That is my point.

Furthermore, my basing my comment on your opinion on the lack of love between Charlene and Albert is based on just a few of your previous posts:

Yes, I know. I´m sure most couples that have divorced, have married for love. Relationships come to an end too, like everything. But still, it´more honorable to marry for love. Perhaps PA and CW mutual interests will keep them together for long.

Is that not implying that Charlene and Albert are marrying for reasons other than love?

It´s amazing that some people want to see a love story where there seems to be no love.They are more interested than the protagonists in "buying" the cinderella story.
It reminded me of P. Charles "whatever love is".
Both of them will get what they want form this wedding.

Again, based on your post is there not an implication that you don't believe that Albert and Charlene are in fact in love?

I am not going to get in a tit for tat discussion with you. In the entire time I have been a Monaco moderator, I have almost NEVER heard you say anything postive about this relationship and/or Charlene. And that is certainly your right if you don't care for this relationship and/or Charlene. You certainly have a right to discuss it but when people want to discuss the future children of Albert and Charlene and if they are in love, they have the same rights as you.

If you would like to continue this discussion any further, I would happy to do it via PM.

Last edited:
Zonk, I do not want to go on with this any further, in private or in public. But I feel some poeple need to answer me back, I don´t know why. I know exactly what I said, you don´t have to remind me.

I am not criticizing your discussion about their wanting children.
I believe they are not in love. I believe they marry for other reasons.
I have not made any positive comment because I do not have anything nice to say about them. But that is very different from finding pleasure in ciricizing them. I don´t. Actually, I think they are are doing their business, but they are going to be very unhappy as a couple.

I would like to comment on a future real princess, a woman committed to her job and duties, who shows interest and enthusiasm in the country that is going to be her home, but I can´t. She has done nothing for me to think she cares at all about her role as a fisrt lady. Instead, the only stupid thing that comes to her mind is "I want to discover France". I find her not only lazy but dull, and I can´t go on with adjectives because it is highly probable that if I say what I really think about her I will be banned form the forum.

So, I will try not to make any "incorrect" comment unless there is something really pathetic like the last interview.

Charlene can't win, if she acted like a Princess before she got engaged everyone would call her arrogant.

We don't know what exactly she is doing with her time at this moment. But it is not unlikely that she is learning the language, how to act as a Princess, and everything else that is involved. (Which seems like a lot)

I have no doubt that we will see a lot of Charlene with the people of Monaco after the wedding, which in my opinion is very good. I'm not from Monaco, but if I was, I would prefer the bride of the Prince to be prepared very well, even if that means that she isn't seen with the people that much before the wedding.

PR :flowers:

I'm not a Roman Catholic, but I've wondered about this outside wedding as well. It seems very odd to me for a Roman Catholic Head of State not to be married in a church. Is the area outside the Cathedral considered consecrated, or just the Cathedral itself? I had assumed that Charlene would convert to Catholicism at some point before the wedding; but if she promised to allow any children to be brought up Catholic, would she have to convert?

I am roman catholique, and I have a few things that bothers me with the upcoming nuptials:

1* The outside wedding.
Dont get me wrong, it could be very romantic and the idea of sharing with Monaco I am all A ok with it; but for the reception. This is not a normal wedding that can be held in a backyard!! This is a Prince marrying a future Princess which will become consort to his Royal Highness and the mother of the futur Prince and/or Princess.

Plus!!!! I was always told that to be a "true/acceptable" roman catholic wedding it needed to be held in the house of the lord and that outside weddings were not "considered" by the church to be weddings. As the head of the Roman Catholic religion in Monaco I wonder if this is "kosher"? (no punt intended)

I'm far from royalty, but I think that it's important that people who have religious faith marry people who believe similar things.

For non Royals the question of religion is not important, for Royals and much of the the aristocracy religion remains a key issue.

There is a bit of history between the Roman Catholic Church / Vatican, and the House of Grimaldi.

Remember the time when Rainier withheld his monetary contributions to the Holy See for many years because he wanted Caroline's first marriage to be annulled by the Pope?

Admittedly, the present relationship is more cordial, but the Vatican was still obliged to be confronted by PA's natural children :)

I think PA will structure the wedding according to his and CW's wishes and designs.

How do you know that Rainier withheld contributions to the Holy See to blackmail them into granting Caroline an early annulement?

There are plenty of biographies you can consult on this and other Grimaldi matters.

It is completely irrelevant what would have happened if he were a butcher or anything else. He is who he is and so is Charlene and the two agreed on getting married.
Irrelevant? Are you sure? If he wasn't a Prince, Charlene wouldn't be marrying him!

That is your claim. As they are what they are, we all could argue until we turn blue in the face, none would be able to prove their point.

^Of course, there's no way to know. I was pointing out that is relevant, for me, at least.
Also, i agree with Renata at this:

I don't agree that her function is to provide an heir. That would be a mechanistic view of procreation.

She is a woman, not a machine. Let her have kids if she and he want!

There is a bit of history between the Roman Catholic Church / Vatican, and the House of Grimaldi.

Remember the time when Rainier withheld his monetary contributions to the Holy See for many years because he wanted Caroline's first marriage to be annulled by the Pope?

Admittedly, the present relationship is more cordial, but the Vatican was still obliged to be confronted by PA's natural children :)

I think PA will structure the wedding according to his and CW's wishes and designs.

Pardon my ignoance but what do you mean when you say they were obliged to be confronted by PA's natural children? They were hardly confronted. I suppose they have nothing to do with the church. Whatever relationship Albert and Charlene have with them is private and I'm sure will remain so.

I think you did not read my contribution carefully enough.

It stands to reason that the Vatican would not have liked to see Albert "outing" two natural children to the world. However, since the Grimaldis and Monaco are contributors to the Vatican's coffers, I suppose they will have been "forgiven" for the two "lapses" :)

Now, I know Charlene doesn't have to make every appearance with him, but it's been a while since we've seen pictures of PA and Charlene together - or Charlene photographed with any member of the family (for me, since the engagement announcement & the concert where she and Caroline were dancing w/PA). I know she's not going to generate the same media buzz as Prince William's fiance Kate, but no media is even following Charlene as she gets on with her day (the way they do with Kate) - what's going on?

I think it might be the same as with Daniel before the wedding. And I am not talking about his illness. They are taught/introduced to court etiquette, history of the country etc.
I think she is quiet busy :)

I think it might be the same as with Daniel before the wedding. And I am not talking about his illness. They are taught/introduced to court etiquette, history of the country etc.
I think she is quiet busy :)
If you read all the reports she has been doing that for the past four years. Armani said he was designing her wedding gown before they were officially engaged. Her schedule should be getting lighter and she should be seen more.

If you read all the reports she has been doing that for the past four years. Armani said he was designing her wedding gown before they were officially engaged. Her schedule should be getting lighter and she should be seen more.

Armani and many other designers have probably created more than one prototype of a possible design for Charlene...hoping they will be chosen.

Armani did not say that. It was Charlene blabbing in her interview. She loves to give all the details of her celebrity lifestyle.:p

Charlene did not have any intervieuw a part the intervieuw with Prince Albert in July.

Does it really matter who said (or didn't say) what? "The proof is in the pudding", so to say....

None of us has any facts to contribute - at least not about the details of the wedding. These will remain a close-kept secret, and there's no point in us "Monaco fans" getting worked up over it.

Armani is a highlight and a very excellent choice for this wedding. I hope he does the trousseau as well. If he does the suit for the civil ceremony ; evening gowns etc.... and all the other gowns Cw may very well upstage Kate Middleton. I just hope CW does not start to mix things up and has a dresser there to assist.
Linguistics has been a challenge for Charlene but I have to give her credit for being honest about it.That being said there are other aspects of her personality coming to the fore that are certainly going to be great for Monaco- I think Pa saw this and asked for her hand as a result.Years ago I predicted this marriage astrologically. I have not checked what the marriage will be like- but it will be difficult to break these two up astrologically speaking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom