Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All such nonsense. Disconnected, who judges what? Obviously, you know from a picture how everything in every life is going. Never knowing or speaking with people. Have no idea how they behave behind closed doors. Actually, only recently, since the demise of Diana, have the BRF ever shown any emotion. A not much of that.

Well said, Commonconsort.
I'm sure the Vatican is by now used to PA's particular views on sex, decorum and other matters.
As long as the wedding is according to the Romish Rite, and the couple promise to bring up children according to that rite, Monsignor Barsi and Pope Ratzinger will be content.

I am repeating myself but I see no connection between those two. They even don't appear to be in relationship. IMO Charlene behaves more like employee with a certain job to do than a girlfriend/fiance.
I remember how Albert in many interviews given over the years always said:"If I marry I will only marry for love". I just wonder what happen with that.:sad:
Albert also said in many interviews that his future wife had to be catholic, what happened with that?:ohmy:

I am repeating myself but I see no connection between those two. They even don't appear to be in relationship. IMO Charlene behaves more like employee with a certain job to do than a girlfriend/fiance.
I remember how Albert in many interviews given over the years always said:"If I marry I will only marry for love". I just wonder what happen with that.:sad:
Albert also said in many interviews that his future wife had to be catholic, what happened with that?:ohmy:

and he also denied his daughter for 14 years and we all know what happened with that !

Meh, maybe it's not that important if she is not catholic. The important thing is to raise the children catholic...

im am soo sick and tired regarding the discussion over Charlene's religion...this is absolutely rediculous...does it matter? really? im glad im not a royal..and who cares if a picture doesnt exactly show their "connection" its a picture..taken at an opportunistic moment...

For non Royals the question of religion is not important, for Royals and much of the the aristocracy religion remains a key issue.

For example, if Princes William or Harry fell in love with a Catholic princess (who refused to convert to the Church of England) it would threaten the succession and make headlines worldwide.

The Count of Paris insisted his son Prince Jean break his engagement to a non Catholic princess he was to marry, and King Juan Carlos reportedly had Letizia be re-instructed in the catechism of Catholic Faith before he would agree to allow her wedding to his heir, because she was a divorcee and there were rumors that she had fallen away from the Church.

Maybe it's difficult for Americans to grasp because our country is a relatively young one, and a melting pot of different religious traditions.

The same is not true for Europe.

For better or worse, religion is often tied to a country's culture and identity as a nation...in other words...it's ESSENCE.

There has never in the 900 year history of the Principality of Monaco been a non-Catholic ruler or Consort, which is why the question of CW's religious background is causing so much comment.

There is no way on the planet a non Muslim man or woman would be permitted to marry Muslim royalty without accepting Islam...they are even stricter about this issue than Catholics are.

Back to the expression "Soul mate":
The equivalent expression in French is much more beautiful - "âme sœur" sister soul.

I had never heard that expression until someone used it to describe the relationship between the late King of the Belgians, Baudouin, with his consort Queen Fabiola.

You are right...it is much lovelier in French! :whistling:

In french, you say so often "soul mate" for describing relation between two persons that it is an courant expression who become nothing to say, but the real expression soul mate can be discribed like relation between two friends who has the same ideas , same attitude like twins or clone. the expression can be use for loving persons or be said when two persons has the same way of living. In the interview of the prince Albert who came to the show of a sculteur who made persons in wood, he philisophed on the particularity of each person. He said also that your partner is unique. He said in english and it was translate in german . You can watch the entire video on the "Glanz und gloria"tv suisse.

All such nonsense. Disconnected, who judges what? Obviously, you know from a picture how everything in every life is going. Never knowing or speaking with people. Have no idea how they behave behind closed doors. Actually, only recently, since the demise of Diana, have the BRF ever shown any emotion. A not much of that.
All such "supposed " nonsense is true" They are not juged behind closed doors because they are public figures but even there they are having a hard time of it.They need us and we do not need them.So communication had better clear up for their own sakes.
Frankly I do not think things will improve just go in the circular neurosis they have been following.

I agree - we don't need them - but do they really need US ?

Both PA and CW appear to me to be fairly shy people and both lacking a certain savoir faire.

Perhaps it is that which binds them together?

No one has really talked in depth about the age difference between the two. It's been about everything but. In real life, yours and mine-if we were to marry the guy next door who was 20 years our senior I'm sure people's mouths would be talking. I wonder if he wasn't a Prince...if she would even have given him a chance. I wish them the best of luck, relationships take a lot work once the honeymoon is over. They due have sports in common, that is evident and she seems sincere when she says that she is in a position now to really help people. Personally 20 years is extreme, if one thinks about it, she can be his daughter.

No one has really talked in depth about the age difference between the two. It's been about everything but. In real life, yours and mine-if we were to marry the guy next door who was 20 years our senior I'm sure people's mouths would be talking. I wonder if he wasn't a Prince...if she would even have given him a chance. I wish them the best of luck, relationships take a lot work once the honeymoon is over. They due have sports in common, that is evident and she seems sincere when she says that she is in a position now to really help people. Personally 20 years is extreme, if one thinks about it, she can be his daughter.
Its not that no one has talked about it. In fact it was talked about a lot at the beginning of their relationship but the years have past and they are still going strong and heading to the altar. Obviously they have come to terms with the differences in age and background and decided they are not an impediment. People may talk, as they will about almost anyone, but Albert and Charlene have obviously decided not to listen and just get on with their life together.

That's the key question. Would she have give him a chance if was a, i don't know, taxi driver? I don't think so.

Yes I have to agree. He may be a lovely intelligent man, but his status & bank balance more than compensate for the twenty years I think.

If I were in his shoes, no bank balance, power, or status would compensate for the 24-hour, 365 days life in the spotlight, and, worse, protection.

Yes Renata, I fully agree with you, but Charlene hasnt fully experienced this yet.

Let's hope she doesn't. At the moment, the "engagement mood" is on her side (more or less), but if she puts one foot wrong, the knives will be out for her.

I know that sounds exaggerated, but I fear for her, especially in view of the lack of language proficiency - it's not enough to be able to say "Viva Munégu" or Bonjour.

The local population may well forgive her for any lapses, but, as we well know, the global press can be - and often is - unforgiving and extremely unreasonable.

I love the double standard that exists.

Yes, Albert is older and rich and offers a lot to Charlene.

But no one says anything about him marrying a younger woman. It does take two to tango.

But of course that nobody will say anything about an older man marrying a younger woman, it happens all the time. Plus, he needs a heir, so it's logical to look for woman that still can get pregnant. I would really belive it's love if Albert was about to get married a woman the same age he has, but is not the case, so, it's questionable.

But no one says anything about him marrying a younger woman. It does take two to tango.
Yes, I did some time ago and so did others except many of the older posts were deleted due to negativity. Her mother is a few years older than him and IMO it looks like he is with his daughter not a girlfriend. Their inner actions come across that way as well IMO. His not seriously dating woman his own age once he got older is part of why he got his nicknames. How many older men without money date younger woman? The reason those younger woman respond to them is the money. I doubt this marriage will last 10 years before he turns her in for a younger model.

There us a wonderful article in todays Expressen, a swedish newspaper, about Björn Skifs, the artist that sang the male voice in church at CP Victoria and P Daniels wedding. 22 years ago he at 41 married his wife who at the time was 23. They are very happily married and the work together as much as they can, he the artist and she the director and choreographer.

If Charlene and Albert are fine with their age difference there is no need to worry. There are many happily married couples with considerable age difference, from all socio economic stratas.

If it was sufficient to be of similar age to make a marriage work there will be a lot less of divorces these days.....

I am not quite certain that if PA had been the son of the local SA butcher CW would have looked at him sideways.And if CW had had several degrees I doubt Pa would have been interested either. This is because my theory is they just want to establish a family and family life with progeny and heirs.Cw needs the security to do that PA offers and PA desires a younger and fecund lady. All is well.

Would you guys be surprised if they don't have children?

Why would they have no children? a man can have children untill 62 . Charlene is only 32.It is not a reason for not having chlldren Some persons dreamed that Charlene and Albert will never be married, now the weedding is coming they dream that they have no children

We've already been through the Charlie Chaplin argument, and we already know he can successfully impregnate a woman.

Who are these people who "dream" of the two not being able to have children?

A while ago, I suggested they may not care whether or not they have children.
PA himself may not care because the succession is guaranteed either way.

Why would they have no children? a man can have children untill 62 . Charlene is only 32.It is not a reason for not having chlldren Some persons dreamed that Charlene and Albert will never be married, now the weedding is coming they dream that they have no children
Well, we can do this forever, you ask "Why would they have no children?" and i answer with my question again "Why would they have children?"
Melina, i'm not dreaming about them without children, i'm asking the possibility here of how people would reaction if they don't have children. As Jaya said, they may not care in having issue. And that would be perfectly understandble.
Because if they do, some people here will be like "oh, he is so old, he can't be father again, he had two children out of wedlock..." and if they don't, the same people would be like: "oh, why did they married if they are not going to have any children blabla"...

Back
Top Bottom