Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmmm, smiling a lot and looking perfectly lovely... lets see yup she certainly knows where the cameras are.

Do you guys actually want her to frown, to make rude gestures, stick out her tongue at paparazzi and others ????

At least she tries to look and act okay.

Don't get me wrong, I think she is not the best jobholder for Princess of Monaco.
But we're stuck with her - unless something unforseen happens - but I doubt that.

Hmmmm, smiling a lot and looking perfectly lovely... lets see yup she certainly knows where the cameras are.

Funny, that exactly what the British press always said about the Queen Mother and also Diana, Princess of Wales. They seemed to have a 6th sense to always know where the camera was and to smile perfectly for the cameras.

Of course when that was said about those 2 ladies it was considered something of a compliment from the press.

Oh, yes...let's all wait for a photo that records CW picking her nose, or flipping the bird to a paparrazzo!

That will show her being genuine and down-to-Earth, and we will all become HUGE admirers then, right?!

I agree with Renata4711...CW would not have been my first choice for successor to Princess Grace...but Albert has chosen her, and it was HIS choice to make...and he could have done worse.

Much worse, in fact. :whistling:

Oh, yes...let's all wait for a photo that records CW picking her nose, or flipping the bird to a paparrazzo!

That will show her being genuine and down-to-Earth, and we will all become HUGE admirers then, right?!

I agree with Renata4711...CW would not have been my first choice for successor to Princess Grace...but Albert has chosen her, and it was HIS choice to make...and he could have done worse.

Much worse, in fact. :whistling:
LIKE WHO??? from i can see it make no different the media will still be going after her so let all give it a rest and stop all this comparing and move on from what i can see in this photo is a woman trying to find her ways she arrival at the scene too late for people to start interested if Albert had married in his late 20s or 30s the people might be interested and welcoming but now in his 50s it seems no one cares because they have seen the same things before old man married off young girl so their is no excitement about it because she will always be compare as other young women going after older man no matters how many smile or stage poses it will always be same script different casts. :ermm:

Prince Albert is 52 years old, that does not make him an old man. Its not like he is in his 80's and hooked up to a respirator.

Prince Albert is 52 years old, that does not make him an old man. Its not like he is in his 80's and hooked up to a respirator.

True, however, if they have a kid right away, then he'll be 83 when the kid turns 30, and Charlene will be still young enough to get another husband.

Funny, that exactly what the British press always said about the Queen Mother and also Diana, Princess of Wales. They seemed to have a 6th sense to always know where the camera was and to smile perfectly for the cameras.

Of course when that was said about those 2 ladies it was considered something of a compliment from the press.

LOL Well, Diana and the Queen Mum knew how to play to the camera and use it to their advantage in a way that was almost seductive. Charlene doesn't have it. You either do or you don't. Charlene "looks" at the camera, she has no idea how to use it. Her expressions always come across stilted which is why she gets so much criticism from people. Of course Grace was a pro so it's not fair to compare Charlene to Grace. Grace's warmth as a person always shown through in interviews.

Its time to move on from the Diana and Grace comparisons.

True, however, if they have a kid right away, then he'll be 83 when the kid turns 30, and Charlene will be still young enough to get another husband.
This is starting to resemble Hugh Hefner and his warped age differences.In about ten years the age difference between Charlene and PA will be very visible.As a parent Pa will be old when his heir reaches majority even.
As for Charlene re-marrying you would have to resurrect Onassis to give her the husband with the filthy lucre- Onassis liked them cultured and educated, musical and Charlene was not his type.

You would think his Olympian fiancee CW or "greensleeves" would encourage him to lose weight as he is fast becoming like Henry the VIII and might need a respirator before that if he like millions of others do not watch their weight.

THANK YOU AND AMEN....and Charlene is 32...hardly a "young girl" by anyone's standards!

Age is only relative and he could out live her. One never knows. It is silly to argue their age difference, because many marriages flourish with disparate age differences and many marriages with people close in age fail and of course, the opposite can be true. What is disturbing is the many negatives comments about two people no one here knows and cannot really tell you about their relationship. Actually, their wedding will, probably, garner more attention here, because he is half American and has always been liked here.

Exactly...52 might seem old to someone in their teens and twenties, but the fact is that 50's are MIDDLE AGE...and in about ten years CW will be in mid-life as well.

It's unfortunate that we have been conditioned to view growing older as some sort of curse...it is just the opposite.

If we are lucky, we will ALL grow old someday. :whistling:

Age is only relative and he could out live her. One never knows. It is silly to argue their age difference, because many marriages flourish with disparate age differences and many marriages with people close in age fail and of course, the opposite can be true. What is disturbing is the many negatives comments about two people no one here knows and cannot really tell you about their relationship. Actually, their wedding will, probably, garner more attention here, because he is half American and has always been liked here.
It is so true that age might be not important. But it is also true that the most successful relationshipa are the ones when man and woman are in similar age. I read somewhere that statistically marriages with big age difference like 10 or more years are more likely to split.
We can only sit and wait what will happen with this relationship:lol:

...As a parent Pa will be old when his heir reaches majority even...
I see that as a good thing, going 30 or 40 years of ones adult life as heir to the throne isn't good (as Albert or Prince Charles), betetr to inherit the thronme fairly young (as the current Swedish or Spanish kings, or the Queen of England)

Exactly. And I suspect very little will be happening to it in the next 11 months.

I wonder how long we will be able to sustain the threads during that time.
Now, in the "Post Engagement Period", we probably will only have the Red Cross Ball, Fete Nationale, Sainte Dévote and the Circus to keep us fed with news.

What is disturbing is the irrationality of the age difference and those that defend it- Gtanted they wantto found a family fabulous but they have a generational gap between them. If Pa was the grocer's son or a security guard working the night shift and living in a room somewhere without a telephone I doubt Charlene or most other young women like her exactly who feel they deserve the plethora brought on by this position would look sideways at him because she would have to go and work as swimming instructor .But that is negative-Their relationship has some very evident things that brings them together.

Since she is the only woman he has had a such long term relationship with and the only one he has asked to marry him, I think it is fair to say that he believes she is the woman for him and what ever differences exist can be overcome. There was no need for him to marry since the succession was assured so he must be entering into this of free will. No other woman has ever managed to get him near the altar, though many have tried.
I for one wish them much happiness together.

I second that happiness for them. And who's to say that their generational age gap won't work in their favour? Look at Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones - happly married and bringing up a family and with a 25-year age gap! Nobody knows why a relationship does or doesn't work - all you can do is give it a go.... Good luck to them!!!!

There are tons of couples who have a significant age difference and are able to make it work Just as there couples with great age differences who can't make it work. Its really up to the individuals and how much work they want to put into the relationship.

Since she is the only woman he has had a such long term relationship with and the only one he has asked to marry him, I think it is fair to say that he believes she is the woman for him and what ever differences exist can be overcome.

You cannot possibly know that. The rumor says Rainier didn´t like any of the girls he dated, and wouldn´t allow a marriage.

We don´t know either if the succession is a problem among the Grimaldi´s, i mean, if any of his nieces are willing to be the next sovereign, they prbably just don´t want to, in which case Albert is in need of a heir.

Albert is happy with her and that's all that matters. I am sure Princess Grace would have loved this girl and made her feel at home. Likewise I am sure his father would have been happy for his son. In any case it is Albert's choice, Albert's decision.

Albert is happy with her and that's all that matters. I am sure Princess Grace would have loved this girl and made her feel at home. Likewise I am sure his father would have been happy for his son. In any case it is Albert's choice, Albert's decision.

I'm not so sure Grace or Rainier would have liked her, but it's a mute point since neither is around and it's all speculation.

You cannot possibly know that. The rumor says Rainier didn´t like any of the girls he dated, and wouldn´t allow a marriage.

We don´t know either if the succession is a problem among the Grimaldi´s, i mean, if any of his nieces are willing to be the next sovereign, they prbably just don´t want to, in which case Albert is in need of a heir.

So none of Rainier's grandchildren are willing to step up? :sad: That says a lot about them?:whistling: I do think that is probably why Rainier gave Caroline the same amount of inheritance that he gave the heir--what other reason would or should he give Caroline the same amount as the heir who inherits that responsibility? Don't you think he did that because he expected that one of Caroline's kids were going to step up to the responsibility of their heritage that they are now living off of? I guess Stephanie's kids might be up to the task also, why not Louis or Pauline, but it doesn't seem very fair considering, but then life never is? ;) Also, why should it be a problem if it is a niece? In truth it is usually the female monarchs that are the most memorable and that often did more for their countries than many of the male monarchs? England, Russia, Austria, or even, Isobella of Spain....who refused to marry a man 19 years her senior (even then);).

I think Albert marrying now for an heir is ridiculous and probably even reckless for more than a few reasons--one reason being that I think a new heir that would be this young is only going to open up more problems and power struggles in the future for Monaco. Plus there are no guarantees in general that they can even conceive or bear a healthy heir, and in this case I would say it is probably much more unlikely? I'm afraid Albert's doctors are not advising him of how unlikely it might be for him to father a child now or the genetic risks?. He needs to loose that weight on his stomach and Charlene probably needs to gain some weight? Also if Albert is able to father a child at all--he has the same problem with gene mutations as older women, and Charlene will be in the same boat too? 35 years of age is when they generally start checking for this? And I really can't imagine the marriage being a happy one for any length of time, and that is only going to have more consequences of a child born under these conditions. Who knows maybe the child (he/she) will even resent being born into the world for this reason only and won't want the responsibility either? The idea that Albert has to marry for reasons of an heir is ludicrous. If no one in the family wants to rule Monaco anymore, I'm sure someone else will be happy to oblige them.;)

Maybe Caroline's children don't want the position. Why should it be forced on them if they don't want it. I don't think they were raised (trained) for it so it's probably a daunting prospect to them. They seem happy with their life as it is.
In my opinion it is Albert's responsibility to provide the heir.

I agree - the Grimaldi have a track record of not being able to find an heir - just look at their history.

And Caroline's and Stephanie's children probably want to live their own lives, and maybe just occasionally be wheeled out for a function or two.

Do you guys actually want her to frown, to make rude gestures, stick out her tongue at paparazzi and others ????

At least she tries to look and act okay.

Don't get me wrong, I think she is not the best jobholder for Princess of Monaco.
But we're stuck with her - unless something unforseen happens - but I doubt that.

She may be the perfect jobholder. She is young and there is always a 50/50 chance that she could blossom into the role. Forgive me, everyone, but Diana Spencer was not, in my opinion, a good choice for Charles; but I believe everyone in the BRF was in panic mode. She blossomed and did great works, and passed too soon.

Give the princess-in-waiting a chance.

Exactly. And I suspect very little will be happening to it in the next 11 months.

I wonder how long we will be able to sustain the threads during that time.
Now, in the "Post Engagement Period", we probably will only have the Red Cross Ball, Fete Nationale, Sainte Dévote and the Circus to keep us fed with news.

Renata, it won't matter as it appears most don't like her, so news would be of no importance.

I'd like to see her surprise everyone and become the toast of the town!

Back
Top Bottom