Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So. this doesn't get too tedious I'm going to break this up.:flowers: Part I

I'm really lost here. What role has Charlene usurped that is not "rightfully" her own? Do you mean some have a "right" to be a princely girlfriend and some don't?

What is a "princely" girlfriend?:D I've never heard of that role?:D Maybe Albert should start calling her that instead of friend or companion. "Charlene Wittstock, Princely Girlfriend :ROFLMAO:. Bones, I know you're laughing too ;). Charlene would probably love it.:D

I don't do the Facebook so I've never seen her page but I don't know how much she could be exploiting her relationship with him. Do you mean she's making money off of him? First of all I would doubt that, and secondly Albert would surely know about it and could stop it "if it bothered him".
It obviously doesn't, but it should. ;) I'll comment on both of these points later.:)

What I boil things down to I guess is what exactly makes some behavior "tacky" or lacking in "integrity"?
Well the above for starters, read on.;)

When you cut through all the words I can't come up with anything but morals being at the bottom of it. Again, I don't see what precisely he is doing that is outrageous other than that he's not married and we assume having marital "benefits".
I think you are not getting this, it is what accompanies the marital benefits, not the marital benefits themselves? I'll get to that first part in a minute, I still think that is less my problem? ;), but on the second point I actually agree with you there to some degree. And I think there are two different issues that are being discussed here, if I can call it that, because. I think there is something else going on here that I'm not a part of ;). Which if anyone was to go back and read my much earlier posts here, I'm afraid it's what I predicted would happen...Albert might find someone trying to back him into a corner if he wasn't careful? Charlene's used the press, media, any opportunity (the forums) to advance her agenda since she's met Albert.

I'll post more of my explanation tomorrow.:flowers:

So. this doesn't get too tedious I'm going to break this up.:flowers: Part I

What is a "princely" girlfriend?:D I've never heard of that role?:D Maybe Albert should start calling her that instead of friend or companion. "Charlene Wittstock, Princely Girlfriend :ROFLMAO:. Bones, I know you're laughing too ;). Charlene would probably love it.:D

It obviously doesn't, but it should. ;) I'll comment on both of these points later.:)

Well the above for starters, read on.;)

I think you are not getting this, it is what accompanies the marital benefits, not the marital benefits themselves? I'll get to that first part in a minute, I still think that is less my problem? ;), but on the second point I actually agree with you there to some degree. And I think there are two different issues that are being discussed here, if I can call it that, because. I think there is something else going on here that I'm not a part of ;). Which if anyone was to go back and read my much earlier posts here, I'm afraid it's what I predicted would happen...Albert might find someone trying to back him into a corner if he wasn't careful? Charlene's used the press, media, any opportunity (the forums) to advance her agenda since she's met Albert.

I'll post more of my explanation tomorrow.:flowers:

Maybe I'm dense but I don't feel like I got any additional information from your responses. I'm going to have to just leave this topic unless someone can tell me *exactly* what Albert and/or Charlene are doing that is so terrible. I can't respond to vague implications, I need specifics and from all I know of them there is nothing they are doing that would cause me any more outrage than what is done every day all over the world.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

YES I AGREE! thats why no one really cares.rebuild i doubt it will be as famous as it once was.When was the last time you say the monaco royals in People magazine 2005 maybe?
For which I expect the Grimaldis are eternally greatful.

I'm really lost here. What role has Charlene usurped that is not "rightfully" her own? Do you mean some have a "right" to be a princely girlfriend and some don't? I don't do the Facebook so I've never seen her page but I don't know how much she could be exploiting her relationship with him. Do you mean she's making money off of him? First of all I would doubt that, and secondly Albert would surely know about it and could stop it if it bothered him.

What I boil things down to I guess is what exactly makes some behavior "tacky" or lacking in "integrity"? When you cut through all the words I can't come up with anything but morals being at the bottom of it. Again, I don't see what precisely he is doing that is outrageous other than that he's not married and we assume having marital "benefits". And, as far as that goes, approve or not it's very common and Albert and Charlene are not the only ones doing it. She's not the Princess of Monaco, no one is claiming that she is and I suppose it just doesn't cause me undue stress that Albert takes his girlfriend to this or that function that others judge as being too above her station. Again, I just don't see what it is *exactly* that either of them are doing that should put people off. I'm not a member of the Charlene fan club by any means but she doesn't evoke anger or outrage from me either.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

:flowers:Bones, I don't mean to be vague, I just didn't want to inundate the forum that day with my long posts.:whistling:.I had just posted a few lengthy post the day before so....:). I'll add the rest of my reply to the above in a later post, but I have added this today to help explain my concern, which I realize should not be mine. ;) Never the less.....

I just think while Albert may make some mistakes, I don't really think he's a bad person that's out to get anyone, or knowingly make someone suffer to get ahead, just for his own benefit and that is the difference between these two people for me?

First of all, it seemed that early on, from the very beginning Charlene was trying to elbow her way into Albert's life into a more formal position ;). She was using the press, or the much publicized relationship between them in the press to pressure Albert into more formal relationship. I believe that is why Albert felt a need to go on The Today Show "to counter" what some others were putting out there and trying to capitalize on?;) Early on I kept warning here how Charlene would try to play this card after she had embedded herself into Albert's life :bang:.. That is what you are seeing now! Albert's other women tried getting some sympathy in the same way, but the one smart thing Albert had going for him then, is that he was smart enough to keep the relationship private and "out of the press"!

How much more difficult do you think it would have been for Albert if Nicole had had the same treatment and exposure that he has given Charlene? Don't think Charlene doesn't know this too? Albert better be very careful because Charlene thinks her much publicized long presence there, gives her a leg up now, that the other women didn't have? And she has Albert's history to add to it, to help her along. I'm not sure what she might resort to in the end, but I wouldn't put a thing past her. If there's any question there for him about that, one would think that should be enough to end a relationship with someone :rolleyes:. Right now Charlene seems to be just banking on their very long publicized relationship between them, played out in the press....adding to that every official looking photo-op of herself in regard to Monaco, everything she can pull out to help her back Albert into a corner. (IMO) She is trying to work up public sympathy in an effort to make some claim that Albert is a cad for not marrying her now!!! That is the one issue I was speaking of that has been going on right now and has been, ever since she came on the public scene, except for now it's amping up because of the length of time that Albert has actually dragged her around in the public eye, and in some situations where it appears more and more that she might have some official role there (which she has knowingly elbowed her way into). Her little ploy is starting to have the desired effect that she was hoping for?;) It's not too hard to figure out how much she's pushing that point on her Facebook page. It's not so much a personal Facebook page about her, as it is a public Facebook page to highlight her relationship with Albert, or rather The Prince of Monaco, and all her official looking photo-ops as if she really has some status there as a representative of Monaco? You honestly don't see the picture she is trying to paint and convey there? You don't think she has some motive there? And you can't see how she's trying to leverage Albert's Title to advance herself?

Armani did not hire her to be an Ambassador because of who Charlene is, but who she having a relationship with? If Charlene was a personality in her own right then that might be something different, but it is her connection to The Prince of Monaco that is being purchased, that is even more evident by the fact that Armani advertises on these forums. That is the other issue here people are having with Charlene and Albert?

The thing with these women trying to hark back to a different time when men were expected to do the right thing? Shotgun wedding, etc, or the idea that once they had had "Marital Relations" with a woman that they might be obligated to marry her, :rolleyes: in spite of the fact that she she had consented to compromise herself or ruin her own reputation and even that of her entire family. These women were usually shipped off, and shunned from society. So even if some women today are still trying to play some version of this card, what's wrong with this picture is that the women then didn't consent to shacking up with a guy for years, take money or support from them, and then claim he was a cad for not marrying her, not even privately :rolleyes:. Even Anne Boleyn knew the score back then, and that was many centuries ago when that was more more feasible?. These women are too much! Bones, my problem isn't that Albert is having an adult relationship with anyone, it is to the extent that he allows himself to be manipulated by it? It's about how he has sought to publicize his personal relationship with Charlene in the media. It's less about his sex life..:)

:ROFLMAO: I would hope so! :flowers:

That said, it's harder to understand exactly what Albert is actually trying to aspire to?
I have to agree in part with your post #634 Sandsla- but you are forgetting that Pa can tell CW to go whenever it suits him and evidently he has not. Instead PA is taking CW everywhere and indeed she has embedded herself in his life with his consent.Where I have the difference of opinion with U is that Pa is the one commadeering the situation and CW is merely the companion until and when they ever marry or not.Yes CW has power by association and that is all [regarding her Armani stint]and yes it does to a certain part of the population appear declasse for a Head of State to take his unofficial companion everywhere- but it does not bother Albert and in the end his reputation is just as much at stake as is CW's.
I couldn't ever figure out any of Albert's aspirations or his modus operandi
so I won't try now.But yes I do understand innumerable concerns you may have on the ethics of the situation.But nowadays ethics are demodee and revisionism of the rules is what appears to prevail.

I have to agree in part with your post #634 Sandsla- but you are forgetting that Pa can tell CW to go whenever it suits him and evidently he has not. Instead PA is taking CW everywhere and indeed she has embedded herself in his life with his consent.Where I have the difference of opinion with U is that Pa is the one commadeering the situation and CW is merely the companion until and when they ever marry or not.Yes CW has power by association and that is all [regarding her Armani stint]and yes it does to a certain part of the population appear declasse for a Head of State to take his unofficial companion everywhere- but it does not bother Albert and in the end his reputation is just as much at stake as is CW's.
so I won't try now.But yes I do understand innumerable concerns you may have on the ethics of the situation.But nowadays ethics are demodee and revisionism of the rules is what appears to prevail.

I agree with you and what is reputation based on in a billionaires paradise place like Monaco anyway? I don't really consider these royals to feel the need to follow the same rules as other royal families in far less hedonistic cultures.

Birds of a feather flock together.

Jaya...excellent post.

It seems that everyone is questioning Charlene's motives on why she wants to be with Albert...it could be the money, his personality, his position or his company. Its as if the reason/blame/owness for this relationship is on Charlene only. Did I miss something...is she making him date her? Parade her at every important social event in Monaco?

I would say besides what everyone thinks is the obvious (young blonde on his arm) why is Albert with Charlene? Surely he can date her without making her an obvious part of his life? Maybe he just enjoys her company?

People have been knocking this girl/and this relationship around for what at least THREE years now?

Last edited:
I think three years just about covers it.
I'm sure if Charlene was so manipulative, using everything she could to advance her career, and only being on Alberts arm for superficial reasons. He would've realised by now. And if she didn't really love him, he would've realised that aswell.
But they're still together, and as long as PA seems happy, why should we complain?
It's not like what we say is going to impact their relationship. :)

I think that the bond between two Olympic competitors ought not to be forgotten in the analysis of their relationship.

Both are retired from competitive sport, something they may feel sad about.

Apart from the Olympic angle, they attend a lot of sports-related events, and they hardly ever miss one.
On these occasions the "pressure" is less than at more formal ones.

I am not forgetting that, I in fact am constantly pointing it out. No doubt Charlene has free will and is there on her own volition, and at Albert's invitation, but do I think she has really dug herself in there and waits with baited breath hoping to wrestle a Title out of it? You bet! But, I've only been responding to the idea that seems is being volleyed around here by someone ;), that because of the length and public display of their romance, Albert now owes it to Charlene to marry her? Jaya I'm on the nay side for the very reasons you mention, Charlene is not a prisoner there? It is curious to me though what motivation she/he had in suing the press for referring to Charlene as Albert's girlfriend?

Albert was entrusted with Monaco's legacy, it is for him to do what he wants with it, and why I visit a forum discussing all this for all this time is beyond my own reasoning.:D Albert just seems to get himself into some tight places that no doubt he must have some regrets?

Personally I think the Olympic thing is stretching it a bit--Charlene seems to have little regard for her own experience there, or to any sport to highlight it as some great bond? I don't know it just seems a little thin? :whistling:

Jaya, I'm also with you too on the point that Albert himself can probably get away with a looser protocol, but I speak more about the events (sports or otherwise) when he is a guest or hosting other Royals or diplomats about how they might feel about it in regard to their own protocol? Do you think they might be slightly offended or feel disrespected? Seriously I don't know, maybe it's what they would expect? It's Albert's reputation to loose or gain?:flowers:

Im new here and i am not up to date on Prince Albert... who is he with? Are they serious? Sorry for all the questions :)

I am not forgetting that, I in fact am constantly pointing it out. No doubt Charlene has free will and is there on her own volition, and at Albert's invitation, but do I think she has really dug herself in there and waits with baited breath hoping to wrestle a Title out of it? You bet! But, I've only been responding to the idea that seems is being volleyed around here by someone ;), that because of the length and public display of their romance, Albert now owes it to Charlene to marry her? Jaya I'm on the nay side for the very reasons you mention, Charlene is not a prisoner there? It is curious to me though what motivation she/he had in suing the press for referring to Charlene as Albert's girlfriend?

Albert was entrusted with Monaco's legacy, it is for him to do what he wants with it, and why I visit a forum discussing all this for all this time is beyond my own reasoning.:D Albert just seems to get himself into some tight places that no doubt he must have some regrets?

Personally I think the Olympic thing is stretching it a bit--Charlene seems to have little regard for her own experience there, or to any sport to highlight it as some great bond? I don't know it just seems a little thin? :whistling:

Jaya, I'm also with you too on the point that Albert himself can probably get away with a looser protocol, but I speak more about the events (sports or otherwise) when he is a guest or hosting other Royals or diplomats about how they might feel about it in regard to their own protocol? Do you think they might be slightly offended or feel disrespected? Seriously I don't know, maybe it's what they would expect? It's Albert's reputation to loose or gain?:flowers:

All of this ongoing debate assumes that she eventually wishes to marry. We dont know that. It is entirely possible in the 21st century that 2 adults may enjoy a long term relationship without either one of them wanting a marriage ceremony. It is even possible that he may wish to marry and she does not. All we know is that at the moment is that the relationship seems to work for both of them, and until one or the other decides otherwise it will continue. More power to them.

Sandsla when you say wrestle a title out of a European Prince I sense that U have not lived in Europe to understand how the working of the structure of the Houses of Gotha and the aristocracy stand. I am not certain even if Monaco is included.Knowing how Europe works at the "royal" level; let me say that PA will not be wrestled by anyone and CW can appear with him until hell freezes over at any function ; in the end it is PA's veto that will prevail; and the proof is that they are not married yet and he does not really owe her a marriage if he does not want to commit. It is as simple as that Because on the other side of this argument is that he did not take CW hostage and neither did she take Pa hostage to owe her a marriage because of her tenure.It is ludicrous and I think slightly dangerous to attempt to insinuate that CW might extort a marriage from Pa in any way shape or form. We saw what happened with
Gisele Pascal did we not?But we also saw what happened with Grace Kelly.Monaco is about gambling ; it is about the aleatory aspects of existence in many ways.I do not think a person like Pa has regrets because U are assuming that he thinks like U or I and he doesn't.
The mundane part of life is not something he has to deal with and with his power he functions at another level a second circumstance.If U think Albert is anybody's victim think again.
When U say CW has little regard for her own experience in Olympianism how do you know?What has she done to exemplify this? How might we be sure?
I do not know why the suing of the magazines regarding the "girlfriend " matter happened at all.I do not know the rationale and to speculate would be a loss of time as one cannot read CW's mind easily either.
As for the protocol yes I do think that some other courts might consider it declasse as I have said before that CW is not an official member of the Grimaldis- yest attends; but then again Albert has made it clear over the last number of years that things be done on an unequivocal basis to suit him.
PA obviously has unconventional ideas and slightly iconoclastic.
When you deal with a force like PA it is an all or nothing situation.Expect to win and expect to lose as well.The aleatory and trust are two of the main words here I would use to describe the situation.
Entrusted with Monaco's legacy Albert is doing things to propell it into the future and he is not looking back.

Jaya...excellent post.

It seems that everyone is questioning Charlene's motives on why she wants to be with Albert...it could be the money, his personality, his position or his company. Its as if the reason/blame/owness for this relationship is on Charlene only. Did I miss something...is she making him date her? Parade her at every important social event in Monaco?

I would say besides what everyone thinks is the obvious (young blonde on his arm) why is Albert with Charlene? Surely he can date her without making her an obvious part of his life? Maybe he just enjoys her company?

People have been knocking this girl/and this relationship around for what at least THREE years now?
Thanks Zonk.
People have been knocking the gal but Albert is still there by her sideand she by his and that is what truly matters.

Jaya, I like your use of the word "aleatory" which conjures up an image of a happy-go-lucky kind of person .... or lifestyle .... a bit like "casino banking" .... how very appropriate for Monaco .... and its ruler!

I think many people would envy PA and CW such a lifestyle!

The word, by the way, comes from Latin "alea" (die, dice).

Jaya I agree with your comments. Pr Albert has the power to break up with Charlene and up to this point he hasn't which means he is more than comfortable hanging around with her. She must be quite happy with the situation as well that's why she is still around. The mere fact that she has been at his side for so long must mean that she is special to him whether the general public out there like it or not. Does anyone know with whom he had his longest relationship to date?

It is hard to answer this question. Because nobody knows when his actual relationship ended. Dont forget please that PA isn't a loyal boyfriend. He was dating Tasha Vascoles while he was in relationship with Nicole Coste. Dispite of this fact PA had been dating many women for three or four years. Some of these women were ( Claudia Schiffer circa 1993-94 ,Naomi Campbell circa 1994- 1997, Tasha Vasconselos circa 1997-2000, Alicia Warlick circa 2000-2002, Alexandra Kamp 2003-2004 and course many other girlfriends who I don't remember)

I forget Angie Everhardt she was linked to him in 1998.

It is hard to answer this question. Because nobody knows when his actual relationship ended. Dont forget please that PA isn't a loyal boyfriend. He was dating Tasha Vascoles while he was in relationship with Nicole Coste. Dispite of this fact PA had been dating many women for three or four years. Some of these women were ( Claudia Schiffer circa 1993-94 ,Naomi Campbell circa 1994- 1997, Tasha Vasconselos circa 1997-2000, Alicia Warlick circa 2000-2002, Alexandra Kamp 2003-2004 and course many other girlfriends who I don't remember)
The aforementioned facts are true "but" Pa has only dated CW for as long as their relationship has existed [since Turin in 2006] while with the other ladies he dated one and the other; and had options as in who he would go out with on occasion. Claudia Schiffer was 87-88 and Ange E was a divorced woman.Alicia Warlick was a strong candidate for the position but news about Nicole broke.There has been no scandal breaking since Charlene.
Charlene has been a steady influence for as long as she has been there and may I add that these other girlfriends did not enter at the Rose Ball or Red Cross ball with the family.Pa did not go to the Olympics with Tasha de Vasconcelos.So these are pastisms.Gone over and out.Pa did not buy Armani for any of these other gals.He did not invest in their teeth and their plastic surgeries.Today CW is there and the fact that pa has dated and sired a son even with another woman does not diminish what they have until this moment because Charlene's attitude is such.It is implacable. and touche.Cw inspires Pa's love.and vice versa.

I would like to ask if anybody on this forum has pictures of Charlene about her school and work place since her Olympic games 2000, and show us some here?

I would like to ask if anybody on this forum has pictures of Charlene about her school and work place since her Olympic games 2000, and show us some here?
Frankly, I would not mind seeing the same but this is not a kangaroo courtroom regarding CW's schooling or her workplace history it is about her'Present and ongoing" relationship with Albert of Monaco.If I am not mistaken the title of this thread is Pa& Cw's relationship.Maybe U could start a new thread.

There are images of Charlene in school uniform as a teenager, but I can't remember where they can be found. Perhaps typing in "Benoni" or another placename may conjure up some images...

Good previous posts. I have a question. Did Prince Albert ever have any other girlfriend attend prominent public events like Ms. Wittstock? :flowers:

Maybe could you mention some names of these official girlfriends ?

Maybe could you mention some names of these official girlfriends ?

Catherine Oxenberg (daughter of the Elizabeth, Princess of Yugoslavia), Angie Everhart, Claudia Schiffer, Brooke Shields, Victoria Zdrok (who was a playboy playmate). Are amongst some of his known girlfriends.
He has also been rumoured to have dated Letizia Ortiz' sister. :)

Catherine Oxenberg (daughter of the Elizabeth, Princess of Yugoslavia), Angie Everhart, Claudia Schiffer, Brooke Shields, Victoria Zdrok (who was a playboy playmate). Are amongst some of his known girlfriends.
He has also been rumoured to have dated Letizia Ortiz' sister. :)

Thelma Ortiz was not his girlfriend. They met at Letizia's wedding in 2004. Then a lot of false rumours were circulating that she could be the new royal girlfriend. Of course it was hoax date. However she was a strong and serous candidate with her background. Another woman was PA's companion in 2005. She was beauty queen (Miss Deutchland and Miss Europe 2005). Her name is Shermine Sharivar. She is dating a German actor who is 22 years older than her. Thelma is in relationship with a Spanish man with whom has a daughter.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom