Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well said, Due!

I think it's become obvious that matrimony is not on the agenda, unless at some time in the distant future, if at all.

I also believe it's a matter for the two of them, and no one else, so let's accept the fait accompli and enjoy their lives vicariously.

As long as PA does his job and tirelessly promotes the success of Monaco and his foundation, his subjects will forgive him anything.

Does anyone think Prince Albert is turned off to marriage because of his sisters
faiedl marriages and/or the curse of the Grimaldi family for permanent love?:);):)

:ohmy: She speaks!!!!! I never heard her speak before!!!! She dosen't sound bad at all--- Albert lets GET on with it!
( They look like a couple that has been together for a long time- they look like good friends )

Maybe an engagement is going to be offered soon- isnt this the first time he had a interview with her?? Publically acknowledgeing their relationship?

If so for image sake- she should move back in with her parents in South Africa and;) let it be done formally

Love her voice! Sweet and mature. Albert...what are you waiting for?

Yes, her voice and general manner came as a nice surprise - long overdue...

Having said that, I still don't think PA will ever get married.

More than fifty years of having one's own way does mark a person.

Charlene is a lovely girl. I hope this was a rehearsal for the engagement interview... ;)

I don't know much about Albert's private life. Is this his longest relationship to date?

It was a nice interview. She comes across very well. I assume this interview was conducted in Vancouver since Albert the Olympics logo on his collar.

Charlene comes across as natural and lovely in the interview. I think finally we have some progress and now I do not think it is simply out of the question that they will marry .They appear suited to one another. I hope it is imminent.

Yes, her voice and general manner came as a nice surprise - long overdue...

Having said that, I still don't think PA will ever get married.

More than fifty years of having one's own way does mark a person.
Why do you feel that Pa will never marry? Fifty years of having one's own way are an indicator that times change; that you have become static and that is the exact reason he should in fact settle down.

Just saw the interview and I actually think they're really good together.

:ohmy: She speaks!!!!! I never heard her speak before!!!! She dosen't sound bad at all--- Albert lets GET on with it!
( They look like a couple that has been together for a long time- they look like good friends )

I couldn't see it, i only got the ad

i think after seeing the video i think Charlene feel uncomfortable maybe it just me but that is what i see i know Albert wants to make it official but i think it will be best for everyone if it was a wedding announcement instead of sport. it just make the whole thing seems awkward people might make a mockery of this because nothing change i still think it will be best if they did not do this interview together yet at least until Albert was ready to take the big step. i have nothing against the them but i just think these is not a smart ideas.:flowers: just my two cents nothing else.

i think after seeing the video i think Charlene feel uncomfortable maybe it just me but that is what i see i know Albert wants to make it official but i think it will be best for everyone if it was a wedding announcement instead of sport. it just make the whole thing seems awkward people might make a mockery of this because nothing change i still think it will be best if they did not do this interview together yet at least until Albert was ready to take the big step. i have nothing against the them but i just think these is not a smart ideas.:flowers: just my two cents nothing else.
Again there is an allusion to this being Albert's call and maybe from the perspective of many it is the proposal of marriage. But I think that it is both parties having equal bartering power to "marry each other"as it is repeated by poster after poster that this would his be his calland a type of veto.It does appear that the consensus thinks it depends on Albert and that Cw has no say. If I was CW I would be doing some serious thinking right about now regarding my future with or without Pa.

I think it is unethical from both of them giving an interview together, for the royal families are not used to have tradition to give them before their engagement.

I think it is unethical from both of them giving an interview together, for the royal families are not used to have tradition to give them before their engagement.

Not traditional perhaps but hardly unethical.

In the interview they seem like friends. And Albert...was he nervous or something? He wasn't fluid talking in english, and it's his second language. Although I've watched french interviews of him and it wasn't very fluid either, so I guess he is a bit shy, perhaps?

I like the way Charlene smiled and gazed at Prince Albert when he spoke.

It seems like Albert dosent care for tradition and the like:ermm:

In the interview they seem like friends. And Albert...was he nervous or something? He wasn't fluid talking in english, and it's his second language. Although I've watched french interviews of him and it wasn't very fluid either, so I guess he is a bit shy, perhaps?

It's his normal way of speaking in English, I've seen and heard several
interviews before that one and it's always like that. I would call it a
well-considered phrasing :)

I saw the interview they was talking about sport. And why she there. It just was a waste of T.V. time. Charlene look like she in love with Albert. Albert look like this is my buddy.

I saw the interview they was talking about sport. And why she there. It just was a waste of T.V. time. Charlene look like she in love with Albert. Albert look like this is my buddy.
i kinda agree with you there it is just that i have never seen any crowd prince giving any interview with their girlfriend all else was a engagement interview that is why i said it kind of awkward any people might not take him seriously any more. since he is the leader of Monaco people might expect more from him and wants him to do thing different or act like a leader than again this is my two cents again i have nothing evil for them it just that i think as a leader he should act or take serious cautious to how people view your role instead of giving them something to make a mockery about or doubt about your moral. p.s i am not saying or force the role of married for him all i am saying is it is best for him not to build a false promise or hope if he not ready upon that yet?:ermm:

What matters in this situation is the people of Monaco.
If they choose to support their Prince in his lifestyle, then who are we to judge him or them?
PA and CW are adults. Let them make their own decisions about their own lives.

If they choose to support their Prince in his lifestyle, then who are we to judge him or them?
Indeed Renata you are so right but the rhetorical question remains when they make their own decisions it is not like the Monaco people vote or boo in the Hippodrome; they have no say at all.Just because you are way past the age of your majority means that they are fallible like most of us and that is what I think the majority ponders. Would you deal with a Head of State who gives casual interviews with his girlfriend on sport?WE are formulating opinions and not judging nor condemning them as we are not able to nor would want the task.They could make decisions about their own liveswithout criticism had Pa not been Head Of State and just another citizen somewhere.I had somehow thought we looked to them for the example and not to even dream that we might turn our heads the other way so that they are not reallly aware of their stations in the scheme of things.Or perhaps they are aware and they are doing exactly as you have pointed out. God Bless them then.

Renata-Very well stated on the situation of Prince Albert and Ms Wittstock future together.:);):)

A joint interview is always interesting - we'll see what's next.....

I agree with you when you say that PA sometimes seems to "mix up" his private and public lives.

Once you are in the limelight, there is no going back, and I guess PA wants to "have his cake and eat it", i.e. he wants lots of publicity for his Foundation, his interest in sport and the Olympics, the environment etc.

The same goes for his personal relationships. But both PA and CW knew what they were letting themselves in for: a life full of photographers, writers and other media people. He was brought up to live such a life. and CW seems to relish being a "personality".

I apologize for the length of this, but it is my comment on a few of these posts.

Renata, I have to strongly disagree with you here. I read once that Rainier told his son that too much exposure, all over the place, will make his appearances not so very special. Rainier was absolutely correct here and quite media savvy. I suppose he was telling his son this for a reason?;) Albert still doesn't seem to comprehend his father's advice, he certainly has not heeded it? Albert in fact undermines himself here, he shouldn't need to do this?

Most people that are even just a little bit sophisticated don't feel a need to peddle their personal life out in public to garner attention. It's very immature and it also looks very desperate! It also depletes any kind idea that they should be anyone important if they're going to such desperate measures to attract attention to themselves? Anyone who is "someone" in the public eye doesn't feel a need to do this? These people in fact go out of their way in an effort to protect whatever bit of privacy they can retain, especially when it comes to their personal life?:rolleyes: And the less there is, the easier it is to control and the more desirable it is in the long run! It also conveys that they don't '"need": the attention, because they usually don't! They're also protecting the idea that there is something more exclusive about them or their position ;). Rainier understood this and this is what he was trying to convey to his son.

Albert's attention seeking for his personal life makes him appear juvenile and as a bit of a wannabe which undermines the attention he would probably like to receive as being someone more important--It undermines his image as a serious person and any of his more serious pursuits: his foundation, the environment, and the more important things in general that he actually deserves attention for, including just being the Monarch of his country? He shouldn't have to sell himself or his private life? No one should? If they are interesting enough, talented enough, they shouldn't have to chase fame?

He was brought up to live such a life.
and CW seems to relish being a "personality".

I don't think it's a surprise to anyone that CW "relishes" the attention
for being a "personality," it is one of her biggest faults. But please tell me what exactly is she a "personality" for??? ;) :lol: Is this really what most women want to be publicly known for? Is this what Albert really wants a woman in his life to be "known" for or should I say "as"? They both have been quite publicly blatant about her arrangement? I really don't think Albert should want to be known as a "personality" as well as anyone directly connected to him, that is what the "D" listers aim for because they have no other claim to fame, which seems to be their only objective in life? I really don't think this should be something Albert should want or have to strive for?? Considering his position he should be enough as he is. All this clamoring for attention for his personal life makes him look like a man that is very insecure, not a man that is important. I disagree there is no going back once you have been in the limelight, just see how fast Charlene's "personality" fades away--no one is interested in her now as a "personality" in spite of the money and attention that Albert has thrown at this idea? Albert has really deluding himself here.

Charlene was "hired" as an Ambassador for Armani. They own her personality--they advertise here even ;). Most royal women pay for their own clothes, because it doesn't look good that someone in their position is indebted to someone else, or for their image to be controlled or owned by someone who pays for it? In most cases ambassadors are celebrities in their own right, by virtue of their own talents, not for who they have relationships with? In fact even some of these women are now being passed over in their original careers, because they're too known for their ancillary pursuits and some people in the business feel it has undermined these woman as any kind of serious actress. Even the fashion designers that pay them are finding it a bit tawdry now.

The thing is Rainier controlled his son's image as much as he could when he was alive, there is a reason Charlene was not on the scene earlier?;) There was a reason Albert's date's did not waltz on in with the family, especially the ones that "relished" the attention.;) Renata, I always enjoy your posts, but this time I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment that Albert was "brought up to live such a life." :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom