The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-18-2013, 12:43 PM
Serene Highness

MARG, you have a valid point, well said. I suppose alot of people do believe what the media says or better yet, I think people have a question mark on whether maybe what they say may have some validity to it. I suppose that is why there were so many assumptions about how she was feeling and how she reacted at her wedding. I know that I questioned her facial expressions and reactions and almost completely bought into the " she wanted to run away" theory. I see that there is some affection between them but I still question the "they did it for love" reason. I dont know, they are hard to figure out.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I really didn't believe the rumors either but the rumors actually ruined the wedding coverage for me. The rumors and the tension between the couple on that day just wasn't right.

I'm glad Charlene has settled in her role because I think there was a sadness to her at first.

The Honourable Frances Shand Kydd
Old 11-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Serene Highness

Seems too much importance was given to rumours. Princess Charlene and Prince Albert are happily married and represent Monaco well. so there you have a happy ending.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Albert looked fine on his wedding day, Charlene was the one who looked miserable, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything. Grace looked even more sad and in shock and it came out she was just tired.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Old 11-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Call me naïve but I never bought into the rumors that she was more or less coerced into the wedding and wanted to flee. I think Charlene was already tense about being the focus of world attention and the embarrassing, humiliating rumors combined with her already fraught nerves are what brought her to tears. It was so obvious to me that both she and Albert were trying to put a good face on what a circus it had become.

I watched both of them closely during their Nuptial Mass. They were tense but sought each other out to lock eyes and touch several times. All the tension was, imo, a reaction to the controversy that was swirling around them.

I also think the story that she is only around to bear him an heir is ridiculous. They have been married for well over two years and there is no child in sight...yet neither have ever appeared more relaxed and content.

Albert and Charlene are the poster couple for don't believe everything you read.
YES. !!! I couldn't have said it better myself.

Poor darling, if I had had to put up with all the horrible media nonsense, vicious rumours and what-not that Charlene did I would have done more than shed a few tears. !!
Old 12-09-2013, 12:22 AM
Gentry

I always thought that Charlene looked stiff and almost terrified during her civil marriage and parts of the religious ceremony. It must be a heavy burden to be the focus of that much attention. To give her credit she did look poised and beautiful. To me she seems naturally reserved and somewhat uncomfortable with the protocol of the Palace.
I was concerned when I saw the interview when they were first married when Albert called a time out. That he did it during a softball question that certainly Charlene should have been prepared to answer did not seem right. And it's true that she has looked morose and not happy during several outings during their first year
of marriage. Plus that pale make up made her look colorless and washed out. I have to say I was not a fan.

It seems to me there's been a huge change recently. She seems more relaxed and is dressing better and even sports some jewelry now and again. That sapphire dress was just stunning. I hope this means she is contented and settled now. It can't be easy dealing with the venom of some of the populace. I've read some other forums and it seems a small claque of women have nothing good to say about her and are VERY disrespectful towards the Prince. They claim to live in Monaco and be "in the know ", but the more I read the more I have to wonder at their maturity level. Lord knows Albert is no saint but he does seem to work hard for his Principality.
Does anyone know how they are regrade at home ? I know the Monagesques were very hard on Princess Grace for a very long time but I would like a realistic view of this couple. I'm inclined to like her and not to put too much credence in the harsh words against them.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:49 AM
Courtier

I also have the Feeling, that Charlene is more self-confident - and this gives her more glowing appearance and personality. Great Progress!
BYe Bine
Old 12-09-2013, 05:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Since his wedding, Albert has no more problems of language, his speeches are fluid, he no more stutters
That is a very interesting observation. I think that while he had his friends and family around him, they had their own families and Albert, whilst not alone, always seemed to cut a somewhat lonely figure.

Since his marriage he has been so much more relaxed and at ease. You only have to look at the photos of he and Charlene at the Olympics to see the easy camaraderie between them. But those photos were not posed shots or taken at official engagements, they were taken in the VIP stands, surrounded by royals from around the world, all relaxing and supporting their various countries while catching up with their fellow royals. Both he and Charlene interacted as easily as the rest.

And yes, he looks positively chuffed when he is standing beside his beautiful wife who is looking absolutes gorgeous and very happy to be with him.

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship