The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
. If PC can have children then what is the hold up and if she can't then what's the point of PA marrying now after all these years?
Maybe because he found someone he wanted to marry. Not everyone gets pregnant on their wedding night. Victoria of Sweden is a few months older than Charlene and didnt have a child within the first 12 months. Whether or not they have a child will be up to them and mother nature,

Old 09-26-2012, 08:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

One never knows. I am sure she can have children. Maybe they wanted a period of time before, so people would not say that was his "reason" to marry her. I think they both care for each other and notice that the hysterical headlines that appeared before their wedding, disappeared. No, illigitimate children bounding about.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Heir Apparent

It's testing on the amniotic fluid of a pregnant woman. It's to find out whether the baby is healthy. There's some risk of miscarriage with it.

Amniotic Fluid Analysis: The Test
Old 09-27-2012, 12:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
In January Charlene will be thirty five and that is the age they I think start amnio on ladies wishing to have children. Hope they have a child soon and start that family that is supposed to happen.All the best
yes it would be nice to see a little one or one's in Monaco im sure if they are having trouble the prince can go to the best fertility doctors money can buy im sure they have done that already i really hope they do have children
Old 09-27-2012, 02:38 AM
Serene Highness

I know people who have had children at 40. Princess Caroline had Alexandra at 42. But I always was suspicious about them and the purpose of the marriage. Only they know.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Only they know - that's it! We won't speculate about any fertility matters - thanks for your understanding!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

(...)
I had suspicious about Charlene and Albert, she was young and breathtaking and marrying this older, bald guy with a beer belly. But as soon as they both chose to walk down that aisle I have wished them well; nobody deserves an unhappy marriage. (...)
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

That's great, especially as they seem to be so very happy with each other and rather sweetly in love if the photo's from the Olympics are anything to go by.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:54 AM
Courtier

One good thing about having kids as late as possible (if at all they plan to have) is, the heir will be young and charismatic when he inherits the throne.
You know these days youthful glamour is enough to ward off half the Republicans and critics (though Monaco is a different case)..
Old 03-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Nobility

Well.he is'nt getting any younger.Two children from mothers he did'nt marry and none yet from the woman that he married.Throne is secure tho thru Caroline's line.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:58 PM
Majesty

I try not to speculate about Albert & Charlene's future children. The way I see it, they probably will have some children at some point. Although, I don't think the focus is on Albert's age because men can go on to produce children in their 50's, 60's and even 70's but I think the focus is on Charlene. Can't be easy for her.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Royal Highness

^yes that makes me remenber Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg parents, I believe her mother was 43 and her father 62 when she was born. So there's still many years ahead of them, but I strongly believe they will have children at some point, even if its an only child, as Charlene stated before, she wants to form a family of her own, I also believe Albert would want a child with Charlene.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:58 AM
Serene Highness

Well I keep holding my breath for an announcement at some point but so far I have only turned purple. I am hoping that they do have a pregnancy soon, they really are not getting any younger. I know having children when you are older is not out of the question but, come on. It makes me wonder how the relationship is going. It does concern me a little. An heir through Caroline is not what I want to hear. Just saying.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:40 AM
Courtier

Wow, I would not cope with the kind of pressure she is now under. The wedding must have been stressful enough with all those negative rumors.

I think it a good idea for her to take the time to settle in after the ordeal and to get accustomed to the princess role a little. And they do have access to the best medical help available so they do have that advantage. We can wait.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:25 AM
Aristocracy

I completely agree with you, AfricanAussie. She has looked much more relaxed and at ease lately than in the months following their wedding. She also exudes a lot more confidence( interview Ladies Lunch ). She has also said that P Albert is a very compassionate and patient man, so I would think that he would support her while she eases into her role as princess. I do believe that they will have children eventually, but as was the case with them getting married, they will not allow outside pressure to rush them into parenthood.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Courtier

Wouldn't being under a lot of stress affect one's ability to get pregnant? Just asking.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
Wouldn't being under a lot of stress affect one's ability to get pregnant? Just asking.
It doesn't help.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
Come on, every royal/celebrity has that "stress"..Did it "affect" their ability to get pregnant? And BTW she is not some neurosurgeon/police-chief/astronaut or anything remotely closely to any profession to be that much stressed out...Actually the stress-phase (sports career) of her life is over. People in Monaco hardly bother their royals..She is not hounded like Diana/Kate..So whats the problem (stress-wise)..
Except the Masako case (we ll never know the real cause/details) I dont remember anyone not able to conceive because of this "stress"..
Old 04-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post

Come on, every royal/celebrity has that "stress"..Did it "affect" their ability to get pregnant? And BTW she is not some neorosurgeon/police-chief/astronaut or anything remotely closely to that to be that much stressed out...Actually the stress-phase (sports career) of her life is over. People in Monaco hardly bother royals..So whats the problem..
Except the Masako case (we ll never know the real cause/details) I dont remember anyone not able to conceive because of this "stress"..
Stressing about not conceiving can actually cause difficulties conceiving. It's not a case of having stress in your life, it's a case of stressing about conceiving.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
^yes that makes me remenber Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg parents, I believe her mother was 43 and her father 62 when she was born. So there's still many years ahead of them, b
Stephanie of Lux was the last child of many children for her older parents.
Having a child at age 43 after successfully delivering several children, like Caroline of Monaco, is not the same as having a first child at such an advanced age.
Charlene is 35, the age when fertility begins to decline rapidly, not to mention complications of all kinds. They certainly can afford all kinds of fertility treatments if need be.

Tags
charlene, prince albert, prince albert ii, princess charlene, relationship